PDA

View Full Version : Being robbed when buildings not due

isshi
12-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Today I was robbed but my buildings were not due. This is the second time this has happened from the same player who hit me.
Anyone else seen this? I have robbed some before and they told me they lost nothing also, was not sure if they were telling untruths. But seen this happen to me now..

Indianluke
12-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Yes actually it has happened to me twice
Really weird !

Indianluke
12-04-2012, 12:09 PM
The amount that was robbed also didn't make sense! I wonder if it is glitch and the person attacked me instead

sister morphine
12-04-2012, 12:12 PM
That happened to me once a long time ago - might have been back in the 40s or 50s levels. I even asked the girl who supposedly did it and she wasn't aware of it either.

dudeman
12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
After the DST change I robbed someone who told me there wasn't anything due for collection when I robbed him.

I don't recall ever being on the receiving end of that problem though.

mxz
12-04-2012, 12:34 PM
I've seen it a couple times. From my understanding its because of a difference between client and server records of building collections. Only affects no-bankers from what I can tell. On your last collection of those buildings did you close the app fairly quickly? If you close before the client sends an update message this is a possible result. It's part of their way of not wasting too much data by only sending out deliberate (box opening, banking money) and periodic (every about 60s) messages.

Since I isolated (in my mind) the problem, my strategy is to keep the app open at least 30s after last collection or until I perform a deliberate action like opening an event box or triggering a boss. Also, I won't quick change out of the app (due to a notification or via double-tap Home button->select recent app).

Olly1
12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
I've had this a couple of times in the past, I just bank $10 when ever I collect then close. Haven't had it since I've been doing that. What mxz said is definitely the reason why.

DenZ1
12-04-2012, 01:35 PM
And I wanna to see the guy who could rob you :) and I doubt its Sam :)

Deluxe
12-04-2012, 03:05 PM
And I wanna to see the guy who could rob you :) and I doubt its Sam :)

Bam bam???

erik
12-04-2012, 07:12 PM
trev - this was happening to me a lot lately. mxz is right on... so I started depositing 10 bucks or so after 6s and 24s. fixed it.

also... somehow i get attacked for 600k all the time, lol. Gonna go broke if this keeps up.

dudeman
12-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I've had this a couple of times in the past, I just bank $10 when ever I collect then close. Haven't had it since I've been doing that. What mxz said is definitely the reason why.

Refreshing the rivals list works too. It's faster and requires fewer taps. I do that in KA whenever I make a collection and I'm over vault.

Dravak
12-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Busted couple of them gaming will is right , time table hackers ... That is why they need to spam your board clean.
Cause the robbery forced your time table into a mess...

worst is you cannot rob back , and trust me I have camped there hood on the right time with use of refresh and robs.
And 1 min attack and robbery every min , sorry bunch of cheaters !

it is getting to be cheat city grrrrrrrr....

Dravak
12-04-2012, 07:27 PM
doesn't affect no bankers only , that is rubbishe , sorry it simply not true .
just another bunch of cheaters...

The cheaters have there most important buildings unrobbable , but they still collect from it .

SinSir
12-04-2012, 08:00 PM
This glitch has nothing to do with person robbing you cheating.

As MXZ said it happens when you no bank & press the home button exiting the app without the server updating you have collected your buildings.

I've been no banking for some time wrote to gree supports regarding it but they had no clue, probably the most I could say about the support ticket without the thread getting closed.

Have I found a fix, yes.
Did I make a thread about it in the past, yes.
Do gree dismiss that it even happens, yes.

Deluxe
12-04-2012, 08:17 PM
This glitch has nothing to do with person robbing you cheating.

As MXZ said it happens when you no bank & press the home button exiting the app without the server updating you have collected your buildings.

Gotta agree with this. Maybe cheating like this does happen but in this example/explanation Dravak is wrong. MXZ hit the nail on the head. I have put those tactics into practice and no longer get robbed this way.

mxz
12-04-2012, 08:22 PM
It's not exactly a glitch, SinSir. A glitch is something that's not meant to happen. This is predictable and designed behavior. The client is not meant to send an update to the server on every collection since that would waste data. Instead, what it does is waits a certain time period after you last collect a building (I think it's like 15-20 seconds) before sending a packet that says, essentially, "buildings 1001, 1002, 1004, and 1007 were collected". There's a whole lot of other junk in there that makes the packet larger than necessary, but that's a different gripe.

Fact is, CC already uses a lot of data, so anyone that pays for a data plan or has limits on their data should be thankful for this "glitch" (as you call it). Otherwise it'd be sending that same packet after every building collected...and you'd use a lot more data everytime you collect. More data used = more battery used, so you'd also run out of juice quicker...

SinSir
12-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Just a brilliant analysis.

Yes wrong word used calling a glitch & yes it makes perfect sense that data packets are not sent on every single building collected.

lsumreed14
12-04-2012, 08:51 PM
I always leave the game on in the background of my tablet with me in my hood, so when I get robbed, I dont get the robbed icon plus Im still able to collect the full amount. Anyone else able to do this?

Dravak
12-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I can bank and I did bank always when I have the emerald burner , so to me there shouldn't be a issue...
but when my hood timer gets reseted , to suddenly collection , when it was 1 hour away .....

Or when 5 min collections are not sync for 15 min , what kinda glitch is that ?

Dravak
12-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Yup lets stop fooling around , either it is one of those hidden glitch some group know about ,
Cause server sync issues fine , but not my hood coming up for collection when it isn't suppose too ...

Deluxe
12-04-2012, 09:13 PM
It's not exactly a glitch, SinSir. A glitch is something that's not meant to happen. This is predictable and designed behavior. The client is not meant to send an update to the server on every collection since that would waste data. Instead, what it does is waits a certain time period after you last collect a building (I think it's like 15-20 seconds) before sending a packet that says, essentially, "buildings 1001, 1002, 1004, and 1007 were collected". There's a whole lot of other junk in there that makes the packet larger than necessary, but that's a different gripe.

Fact is, CC already uses a lot of data, so anyone that pays for a data plan or has limits on their data should be thankful for this "glitch" (as you call it). Otherwise it'd be sending that same packet after every building collected...and you'd use a lot more data everytime you collect. More data used = more battery used, so you'd also run out of juice quicker...

So youre saying a matter of seconds but, as i mentioned, i get robbed 30-40 or more minutes after i collect if i dont 'force' the data communication...but never happens when i bank and/or sign out/in

mxz
12-04-2012, 09:31 PM
So youre saying a matter of seconds but, as i mentioned, i get robbed 30-40 or more minutes after i collect if i dont 'force' the data communication...but never happens when i bank and/or sign out/inWell that's weird. I haven't exactly tried that. I could be wrong but I thought there was a periodic update that goes out if the app is open...maybe that was for MQ.

I know CC packets are a little wonky compared to the other Gree games. Now you've got me wondering. There shouldn't be a message on close, and without a message the client and server won't be synced.

iOS and newest client in the App Store?

Dravak
12-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Truth is I don't care one bit about my toiletpaper or turkeys ...

something wierd is going on , lol this is like hardcore gaming am going trough my 48 hours none stop ...
one cheater already dropped off , that little girl is a time table cheater ...

Next one steps in , again another force building to spawn money ...
But there buildings are never up for collection , or the number of attacks every 2 hours doesn't match .
(the last part I don't mind , since it been a bit wonky especially the diminishing return )

But am very active , something is just not right .
Now the problem is there buildings are never up for robbery , and time tables change suddenly , what was 6 hours buildings or 1 day buildings are changing collection time table , even if I use 10 attacks divided by 2 hours interval.
12 min spread , nail down the collection time , then use the 10 attacks and refresh methods or sync method .

There buildings collection just don't show up . But they are able to like deluxe says rob there full stamina in robberies even with a force sync or update.
Seems another backdoor , again opened up >.< , cause it was plugged last year with reports to AJ after DTS problems .

Dravak
12-05-2012, 12:34 AM
basically am narrowing it down , they leave a building for you to rob ... ( they don't need the link , am attacking every 2 hours as long they are on the news feed , and will keep attacking every 2 hours ... Till they are off my news feed even without toilet paper or turkey )
then something client to client related is happening ... There buildings are never showing up for collection .
Even if I wait the last 5 min , or refresh the last 5 min ... Before there collection time .

But they are able to rob there full compliment at one building , or forcing another to spawn collection .
Within 10-20 seconds without server validation .... Smells like a cheat .
they tried to attack me too , but they ain't getting anything from attacks :D

Polarbear
12-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Yes wrong word used calling a glitch & yes it makes perfect sense that data packets are not sent on every single building collected.

Data Packets are not sent on every PVE job done either < ----- This is an issue!

If you use an iPad and have both HD and universal, you can force exit and choose the drop you want.

Dravak
12-05-2012, 02:26 AM
Data Packets are not sent on every PVE job done either < ----- This is an issue!

If you use an iPad and have both HD and universal, you can force exit and choose the drop you want.

tought that one was fixed long time ago too , to prevent unlimited energy abuse , when you exit or crash ...
The relogin saved your energy and last action , which version brought it back again ?

Polarbear
12-05-2012, 03:18 AM
The relogin saved your energy and last action , which version brought it back again ?

Haha this was only properly fixed in v2.6!

But it's the fix that creates another problem... If the action and energy is not saved, someone can continually redo the last step of a job until the get the drop they want. So essentially now you can manipulate any drop rate to 100%... given you have the time to spare.

Funny, either way they try it still broken :(

Dravak
12-05-2012, 03:25 AM
Haha this was only properly fixed in v2.6!

But it's the fix that creates another problem... If the action and energy is not saved, someone can continually redo the last step of a job until the get the drop they want. So essentially now you can manipulate any drop rate to 100%... given you have the time to spare.

Funny, either way they try it still broken :(

Yes that is why the last fix , was done , so atleast no unlimited energy .... (well not that it matters much , but you always choose the lesser of the two evil ) .

Now people can manipulate the boss drop , till they get the rare !
That is a game breaker and dead sentence for pve , you know how many already went back previous version , or how many simply download cheats ....

The few legit don't want to see a inventory full of rare drops ... It is a game changer .
But basically the items like crate etc are saved when you exit the game ...
It is no longer when picked up , so easy fix too to solve your problem .

Polarbear
12-05-2012, 03:37 AM
The few legit don't want to see a inventory full of rare drops ... It is a game changer .
But basically the items like crate etc are saved when you exit the game ...
It is no longer when picked up , so easy fix too to solve your problem .

Is a crate the same as event boxes?

Because I once accumulated 1000+ of them without picking them up and sent the pic to funzio ;) That was really broke and unfair for auction leaderboards....

Sorry OP, for going a bit off topic but I call 'cache issues' on those robberies.

Polarbear
12-05-2012, 03:42 AM
But since the amount of cash you lose, lets be frank, is rather insignificant, I'd rather deal with this than have another bug arise from the fix >.<