PDA

View Full Version : Best strategy for whale zone?

Ericinico
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Okay, I posted this in another thread and got no answer, so now I'm making my own thread. I am level 135, attack is 57,000 and defense is 52,000, iph is 434,000. I need to have good stats to save over ten mill to upgrade, but can't upgrade without good stats or I get robbed. I can't afford any of the super good units and can't save up to the upgrades. i can't attack cause I lose too many units. Farming is good but takes months to become fully beneficial. What should I do?

Sabo
12-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I would focus on camping and getting you IPH much higher. Work on the 12 hour and 24 hour collect buildings first and line them up on the same schedule. By doing this you should have no trouble maxing vault and collecting to spend on upgrades up to 20 million. Key to success for you is to grow income and high end cash units while avoiding xp. It will be boring for a while, but you can right the wrongs of early leveling.

Good luck!

Shinazueli
12-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Okay, I posted this in another thread and got no answer, so now I'm making my own thread. I am level 135, attack is 57,000 and defense is 52,000, iph is 434,000. I need to have good stats to save over ten mill to upgrade, but can't upgrade without good stats or I get robbed. I can't afford any of the super good units and can't save up to the upgrades. i can't attack cause I lose too many units. Farming is good but takes months to become fully beneficial. What should I do?

You gave yourself the answer, which was why nobody answered it. Camp, stop leveling, and build your income and stats. I'm going to go out on a limb here, but at 430k IPH I'm absolutely certain you have upgrades you can do without going over vault. Spend a couple months strengthening yourself, and when you have a higher income those overvault upgrades will be faster and easier. Also, with a higher IPH, you'll be able to replace your lost units from pvp more easily.

Side note, one thing that most have realized now, pvp stops being a money generator and becomes a money sink, eventually. Your buildings need to make up that difference.

I'm afraid you haven't learned the one lesson the whole forum has been saying: there is no such thing as a free lunch. To play at the highest levels, you need to either be incredibly rich or incredibly patient.

My personal advice to you? Play that account the way you have been. And on a second account, try it our way.

Just for comparison, my level 21 LLP that I've only played for a month has over half your IPH, and it's only growing. I haven't been under vault ever.

Good luck, and I honestly wish you well. Just don't think you'll listen.

Elastic Earl
12-03-2012, 07:50 PM
You are going to have to drop all your allies to do what Sabo is suggesting however or you are going to keep getting robbed before you can build up enough money to upgrade 12 and 24 hour buildings.

andy_xyz2004
12-03-2012, 07:53 PM

I dont know... Im far away from whale zone, but you can read this
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38580-Whale-Zone-Survial-Tips!&highlight=Survial

Ericinico
12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
You gave yourself the answer, which was why nobody answered it. Camp, stop leveling, and build your income and stats. I'm going to go out on a limb here, but at 430k IPH I'm absolutely certain you have upgrades you can do without going over vault. Spend a couple months strengthening yourself, and when you have a higher income those overvault upgrades will be faster and easier. Also, with a higher IPH, you'll be able to replace your lost units from pvp more easily.

Side note, one thing that most have realized now, pvp stops being a money generator and becomes a money sink, eventually. Your buildings need to make up that difference.

I'm afraid you haven't learned the one lesson the whole forum has been saying: there is no such thing as a free lunch. To play at the highest levels, you need to either be incredibly rich or incredibly patient.

My personal advice to you? Play that account the way you have been. And on a second account, try it our way.

Just for comparison, my level 21 LLP that I've only played for a month has over half your IPH, and it's only growing. I haven't been under vault ever.

Good luck, and I honestly wish you well. Just don't think you'll listen.

Why don't you think I'll listen? I'm trying to do better. The only GOOD buildings left for me to upgrade are the oil refineries, ore mines, and recycling plants. According to khimsoos app, that will boost my iph to 482k. Then I'll try to get oil rigs and and nanotechs up,a level (to 5 and 2 each, respectively) all the while farming a good unit I know about. Thanks for the help. Does my strategy sound good?

Shinazueli
12-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Why don't you think I'll listen? I'm trying to do better. The only GOOD buildings left for me to upgrade are the oil refineries, ore mines, and recycling plants. According to khimsoos app, that will boost my iph to 482k. Then I'll try to get oil rigs and and nanotechs up,a level (to 5 and 2 each, respectively) all the while farming a good unit I know about. Thanks for the help. Does my strategy sound good?

Halfway. I see your problem now. You are restricting the list of available upgrades too much. Those lower level buildings should be forming the backbone of your economy. I'm not talking about armories or supply depots, but what about your desalination plants, military markets, steel mills, recycling plants? Those are all at least 6 hours, even with the most rigorous schedule you should be able to collect them twice a day. And nobody bothers raiding them, so even if you miss them a little bit they'll still be there.

In essence, by only looking at the 24/48 hour buildings, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Also, sorry for saying you wouldn't listen, there was someone I thought was you saying camping was cheating. Lol.

Ericinico
12-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Halfway. I see your problem now. You are restricting the list of available upgrades too much. Those lower level buildings should be forming the backbone of your economy. I'm not talking about armories or supply depots, but what about your desalination plants, military markets, steel mills, recycling plants? Those are all at least 6 hours, even with the most rigorous schedule you should be able to collect them twice a day. And nobody bothers raiding them, so even if you miss them a little bit they'll still be there.

In essence, by only looking at the 24/48 hour buildings, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Also, sorry for saying you wouldn't listen, there was someone I thought was you saying camping was cheating. Lol.

Here's my base. Please order priorities from 1-X with one being the most important "do first"s.
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a615/Ericinico/2588e7240422d2f994ecad7e5987ef95_zpsc20f99df.jpg http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a615/Ericinico/54527babe877307fd34746a78271c5e7_zps44cbfa53.jpg http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a615/Ericinico/7991c22b6e7a1d335474f5f5c346942c_zps04dc5ab6.jpg http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a615/Ericinico/348dd6f52a6c0feff23f8e0f196bfd88_zpsc35023f6.jpg

Ericinico
12-03-2012, 08:26 PM
By the way NO ONE think of attacking me because I'm about to spend that money in an hour!

Shinazueli
12-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Here's my base. Please order priorities from 1-X with one being the most important "do first"s.
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a615/Ericinico/2588e7240422d2f994ecad7e5987ef95_zpsc20f99df.jpg http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a615/Ericinico/54527babe877307fd34746a78271c5e7_zps44cbfa53.jpg http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a615/Ericinico/7991c22b6e7a1d335474f5f5c346942c_zps04dc5ab6.jpg http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a615/Ericinico/348dd6f52a6c0feff23f8e0f196bfd88_zpsc35023f6.jpg

Ok, at a glance.

One, you are overvault. Don't do that if you cannot defend it.

Two, your Cement Factory is only level 5. This is effectively a vault extension that you haven't upgraded.

Three, your mid level buildings are around level 6 or 7. Without referring to the spreadsheet, I'm sure you can upgrade some of them to level 8/9 without going over vault.

Four, I don't see a Composites Factory(could have missed it). This alone is around 10k more defense. This is the one purchase that is actually worth spending real money on. Luckily for you if you are absolutely cash strapped, it only takes a few weeks of Tapjoy'ing to get the 250 gold required. Or you could just spend 20 bucks. Your call, either way I'd consider it essential at that level.

Five, your drydocks is only level 1! For someone complaining about not having the stats, I find that truly silly. Even at only one aircraft carrier a day, (which should be within your means), that's still defense that you do not have.

Finally, even if you are absolutely certain that you will miss some collections, I really really like the 1 hour collections. They are almost invisible to raiders, and provide a steady stream of income for you. A level 4(5?) electric power plant gives around 80k IPH. That's 20% of your total income! For one building!
I can collect mine an average if 12-15 times a day, it takes me three seconds and my iPhones timer. Unless you are one who simply cannot play more than twice a day, that's a win.

If you are one of those, then you simply need to realize that you will always be behind those who can put more time into the game. It sucks, but that's life.

If, on the other hand, you just didn't realize how much there is to gain by looking at the game more than twice a day, then you have a new idea.

Good luck, and I'm around for any more questions.

Edit: after looking at the spreadsheet, a level 5 EPP is within your means with synced collections and max Cement Factory. That gives 66k IPH, times two buildings, for a 132k IPH gain. That's over a quarter of your current income. Granted, even I can only get half that, but it's still money.

Ericinico
12-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Easier said than done. If I started to do what you said, I'll be upgrading for weeks! It is what it is... Thanks for the help! :) gunna work on cement factory soon. I sent you a friend request too

Shinazueli
12-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Easier said than done. If I started to do what you said, I'll be upgrading for weeks! It is what it is... Thanks for the help! :) gunna work on cement factory soon. I sent you a friend request too

Patience, grasshopper. Nothing in life that is worth having is easy to get.

Edit: accepted request.

manbeast
12-03-2012, 09:06 PM
1. you're already in the whale zone. absolutely no reason to camp besides boss events. do pvp against super weak rivals and bank your valor and start pve farming. also since you are in the whale zone you will never be able to go over vault without losing money. unless you want to spend $20,000 real dollars...
2. level 1 electric power plants? are you kidding me? as soon as i unlocked those babies i took them to lvl 6.
3. composites factory is a must
4. looks like you've been ignoring your boost buildings. upgrade your naval research and airship hanger.

Shinazueli
12-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Orly? Whale zone is at 135? I though it was around 150. Since I'm not stupid, I am not there, was just telling him if he's not in the whale zone he really doesn't want to be, hence camping. If he's already there, then yes, camping will do him no good, in which case he should just go to 200 and at least benefit from additional defense skill points.

Edit: and nice Pve income and farming spots. But I'd make sure about the whale zone first. Are you regularly being attacked by level 200 peeps?

manbeast
12-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Whale zone is lvl 130. There are certain members who seem to go into an invisible zone (they don't appear on anyone's rival lists) from lvl 130-150 and won't get attacked for like 6 months haha

Shinazueli
12-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Whale zone is lvl 130. There are certain members who seem to go into an invisible zone (they don't appear on anyone's rival lists) from lvl 130-150 and won't get attacked for like 6 months haha

Good to know. Thar' she blows! Level 130 two points off the starboard bow!

Jhenry02
12-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Listen to them, upgrade all boost buildings. If you get all of them up thats roughly 1000 boost per 4 upgrades... I have similar stats and rarely get robbed. But add on a composite and again another 10k in defense (when boosted). While doing these upgrades which only cost a few million buy big defense items while waiting.

I disagree with 1 hour collect buildings, but I have my reasons, i explained it in another post. But build your infrastructure as best you can.

-J

Speed ump
12-03-2012, 10:32 PM
There are no I start upgrades, no quick fixes, unless you chose to spend lots of gold. You were given very good advice, and he also gave an idea of what order to do those in. Your composite I agree is an absolute must. First priority before all else. You won't be able to buy enough units in the same period of time to come close to making as much a difference. And it will add to the stats of any units you do get later. Now, quit pondering and get to work. And in six months from now you might have some decent stats

Товарищ
12-04-2012, 07:00 AM
There is a measure by me called "increase in IPH per upgrade time", in other words "income acceleration" IA.
The formula is:
(everything in hours, income is iph)

([new output]-[old output])/[cycle time]
=
([new income]-[old income])
=
[income increase]

(([new output]-[old output])/[cycle time])/[upg time]
or
([new output]-[old output])/([cycle time]*[upg time])
or
[income increase]/[upg time]

By upgrading buildings that have the highest of this measure, your IPH will increase the fastest - PROVIDED there is no waiting for saving up enough.
There is also another measure called "return on investment" or ROI, this is about "income increase per cost".

If time is your limiting factor, not money - go after IA.
If vice versa - go after ROI.
I personally do a balance of both.

I've made my own spreadsheet based on a very incomplete and wrong one I found here in the forums, later I've seen a very proper one here.

Ericinico
12-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Might as well start installing and uninstalling apps... Are there any other offers that do it faster?