PDA

View Full Version : Decorations

dads
12-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Any one else have this as a quest;

Place 50 Decorations in your base?
As I've never seen a decorated base I am somewhat suprised to have this.
I don't want flowers & tress I would be the laughing stock of Mw :(
Latters a joke (someone might have them) but in all seriousness had anyone else had this as a quest?
Or have I been singled out help I need to know please "pretty" please lol

Thanos
12-02-2012, 11:42 AM
I had a few of those. So it's not just you.
You can always sell them back at half price.

It's all a dream
12-02-2012, 11:51 AM
The android players can see decorations.
On my ipad i can't. So the 150 decorations mission will have to wait, until ios can see them as well. :)
Perhaps mw3.0 will change this as well.

digisyn
12-02-2012, 12:21 PM
I added them and promptly eliminated them just to finish the mission. Expansion space is over $10m for me now so I need to pack it in and there's not much room for trees and barrels on my base at this time... I have seen some well landscaped bases and some outright massive forests on bases, so people do get creative with their decorations.

Hero of Time
12-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I just buy them to get the goal done but then sell them immediately.

dads
12-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Android has something before iOS that's a first.
That might also explian some bases ive seen where it looks like the user has just wasted space.
Where as they probably haven't I just can't see what's there.

Well thanks that awaserd two questions in one go.
My next upgrades 13mil alou I could fit a barrel or two in between the small gaps,150 is the end wow that one can deff wait.

Thanks again for the info et all

Jhenry02
12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
There are multiple goals for decorations 50, 100, and 150. Here's a hint for all you IPH'ers, buy the $50,000 palm trees. Keep them. You can sell them back later for $25,000, it is a way of going over vault. Granted the return sucks, but then you can move on to other goals, and save up for the big upgrades.

-j

Corsair
12-02-2012, 07:40 PM
They are not really worth it. No valor awards, just small cash and XP. I just did one for building 8 barbed wire fences, spent 32k, won 10k, got 16k back for selling them. Net -6k. I let that sit for months. Next one is collect from buildings 100 times, and since you're doing that anyway it would be a net plus, but overall I doubt they ever pay off.

dads
12-02-2012, 07:50 PM
That's a good tip about the plam trees.
Yes agreed not worth it,just one day I suppose I will have to do it if;
missions stop when you hit the top levels?
I would off thought they do to scripts cap,however it's best to ask,as it will help me plan ahead.

Buying the odd plam tree here & there to stop me going over the vault till I need the cash is as said a good tip.

bushobama
12-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Any of the goals besides valor missions are pointless. They cause you to level up and lose you money in the end. A lot of times when mw 'recommends' you complete something, you'll find that it doesn't benefit you very much

dads
12-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I must admit I adviod most missions,however I am now wondering if they ever stop?

Matt Thornton
12-02-2012, 08:50 PM
missions stop when you hit the top levels?
I would off thought they do to scripts cap,however it's best to ask,as it will help me plan ahead.
If you dont plan on spending gold, missions for you will stop at " build 125 buildings ".

dads
12-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks matt

Jhenry02
12-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Even then if you drop the gold, the next is 150 buildings.

Yes most of the missions are a waste. But at some point after I finished one, it blasted through like 5 of them and gave me $2 million. Was terribly confusing.

But using the palm trees for extra vaulting is a horrible return, but at lower levels completely sound. Up here I buy and sell nuclear power plants and electrical plants like a day trader. If I have $50 million and I need $53m for that level 6 oil rig; ill dump the nuclear and rebuy it the next day. I used to use the trees. But selling 600 of them was a pain in the rectal region.

Just food for thought.

-J

Edit 1: I place very little value on the 1-3 hour collection units. I never upgrade them because at night (you know the sleep thing) you miss the collections and seems like a waste of money to me. Sure they pad IPH but I only keep a few of them around to supplement paying for crates and bosses and what not.

Corsair
12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Just to update...finished the collect 100 times mission for 25k won, and the next one is the 50 decorations one. :D Yeah, I won't be doing that...

But using the palm trees for extra vaulting is a horrible return, but at lower levels completely sound. Up here I buy and sell nuclear power plants and electrical plants like a day trader. ... I place very little value on the 1-3 hour collection units. I never upgrade them because at night (you know the sleep thing) you miss the collections and seems like a waste of money to me. Sure they pad IPH but I only keep a few of them around to supplement paying for crates and bosses and what not.That last part seems to me to be the perfect reason to upgrade them. My 1 hr buildings pay for my crate opens with a little left over, and that required upgrading them (electrics at level 4). Yeah, you can't collect them 100% but what you do collect doesn't go to waste. I used to also do what you are doing with nukes, but since I got high enough to get the mine fields and rail guns I use those instead when I have to (which is increasingly rare). The nice thing about the nukes is they don't take as long to build back. But still I'd recommend using defense buildings before income buildings.