PDA

View Full Version : mixing events

gunny22
12-02-2012, 03:19 AM
Why do they keep mixing 2 events (this time: Gun Locker and Epic Boss)?

I try to score a locker, but from my 15 laundromat robberies I hit 5 bosses and 0 lockers...

sister morphine
12-02-2012, 03:22 AM
Why do they keep mixing 2 events (this time: Gun Locker and Epic Boss)?

I try to score a locker, but from my 15 laundromat robberies I hit 5 bosses and 0 lockers...
Each boss is there for 2 hours. Put him on hold while you do your PvP, unless he's gonna take you a long time to take down of course.

Coldjoey
12-02-2012, 03:25 AM
That doesn't make sence, do you only try three laundromats every 2hours? Events are muti purpose, to get plays to spend gold, to get campers to level up. And to keep free players from quitting.

Bala82
12-02-2012, 03:31 AM
You can only get a locker if the player has locker

sister morphine
12-02-2012, 04:00 AM
That no longer seems to be true. I pick up plenty doing PvP, but haven't lost any despite having a parasite living in my hood right now

Beardy
12-02-2012, 09:14 AM

Yeah, this is no longer correct..

They now drop as loot, but then I didn't expect Bala to know that.

Deluxe
12-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Yeah, this is no longer correct..

They now drop as loot, but then I didn't expect Bala to know that.

Who would expect bala to know or contribute much of anything..?

gunny22
12-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Each boss is there for 2 hours. Put him on hold while you do your PvP, unless he's gonna take you a long time to take down of course.
That was a great tip, thanks.
Meanwhile I did about 30 robberies and a few attacks. Even installed an update in between. Did less bosses but still zero lockers.

gunny22
12-03-2012, 03:35 AM
OK, this morning I finally hit a locker, opened directly and had even a part in it. This with 2d 13h to go.
Next, 30 attacks & robberies, again 0 lockers. I think we are going to have another update. ;)

SiennaSharpe
12-03-2012, 05:18 AM
You should change the name of this thread. I keep thinking that someone is serving cocktails.

gunny22
12-03-2012, 07:57 AM
I keep thinking that someone is serving cocktails.
But I will be soon, in an hour or so, but I'm afraid Belgium is too far for you to come on over. ;)

SiennaSharpe
12-03-2012, 12:43 PM
But I will be soon, in an hour or so, but I'm afraid Belgium is too far for you to come on over. ;)

We have some Chimay at the house. We'll have one in your honor tonight.

gunny22
12-03-2012, 01:59 PM
We have some Chimay at the house. We'll have one in your honor tonight.
Cheers!
Belgian Trappist in Florida?! I'm impressed!
That reminds me, I still have some Westvleteren XII.
http://www.westvleteren12.com/
Voted Best Beer in the world.
I agree it is good, but I don't think such a small production should be able to get such a prize.

The Billionaire
12-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Mixing events is probably a bad idea by Gree. With so many players playing a number of different Gree games, time is going to limit which events are participated in.

Myself for example, i have 2 CC accounts, 2 MW accounts and 2 MQ accounts. I participate in boss events religously but any other events only get played if i've got time and with six bosses to beat atm the lockbox events sacked off along with leaderboard events because they're just not worth the energy.

If i was Gree i would stagger the events so there is always something to take part in on each game and i wouldn't release them all at the same time because that also affects my spending. When all of a sudden i've got six boss events to participate in i make a decision which one my available funds will be spent on.

but hey, its irrelevant what i think or would do because they're making millions.

Ramshutu
12-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm trying to think of a reason How gree could Make extra money from this. My only thoughts are as follows:

1.) Some people have a nearly unlimited budget, and the primary bottleneck is the availability of events and items worthy spending gold on. Tapping this group of people boosts monthly income even though it may turn off intermittent and low level spenders, although this may not be true.

2.) with lots of events going on, casual spenders or low spenders are more likely to put a punt on gold if multiple events and a sale is on. Now. I'm not certain of the psychology behind this, but I can guess that when a casual player sees lots of things that they are missing out on, it helps to make people impulse buy gold. This may or may not be correct.

Although saying this, the BIG thing a out the collect ten that no one has picked up on, is that this deviates from one of grees statement that they are trying to eliminate the 'gacha' style events. Given that I beleive that it takes, around 650 gold to be into top 250 of an auction event and on average 4500 to get onto the top 25 (although correct me if I'm wrong), this means an event earns gree at least $20,000 just from the people earning the prizes. If you extend this over 3 products, twice a month, this is $120k. I suspect the return to the collect ten may be because they get a lot of people who wouldn't normally spend trying to win the item.

This may or may not be a good thing, as in general it has seemed like the funzio business model is to encourage a few people to spend a lot, rather than a lot of people to spend a little.

gunny22
12-14-2012, 11:49 AM
That reminds me, I still have some Westvleteren XII.
http://www.westvleteren12.com/
Voted Best Beer in the world.

OMG, it was just on the news here in Belgium:
Westvleteren sold 15.000 boxes (with 6 bottles and 2 glasses) within 24 hours in the USA to support for the repair of their monestary. Price was 85 dollar. Thanks guys!

DenZ1
12-14-2012, 01:14 PM
OMG, it was just on the news here in Belgium:
Westvleteren sold 15.000 boxes (with 6 bottles and 2 glasses) within 24 hours in the USA to support for the repair of their monestary. Price was 85 dollar. Thanks guys!

I've yet to get one here in Canada... All sold out with big line ups.. Crazy. Wanted to try one though.
One th other topic, how the help it is related to bosses events??????