PDA

View Full Version : A must read!!!

CAPT.GIN
12-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Everyone please read this link about gree and post your thoughts and what's going to happen in the future with all this.

http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/GREE+news/news.asp?c=46850

gero
12-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Interesting read. Not really sure what this means.

Fl@sh
12-01-2012, 08:17 PM
It's obvious the company has no idea what a long term approach is to gaming. The only games that have been successful are funzio based games. When we all stopped buying gold, modern war dropped down to the 70's in top grossing list. It has climbed back up in the last week because of back to back gold sales. It will soon fall back down when the gold sale ends and existing problems are still not fixed.

Dr. Dengus
12-01-2012, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't really call that a must read. All it basically said was that GREE's most successful/profitable titles were former Funzio games.

Mad
12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Well, I think it means MW is their best game in North America, which may explain why there is a big upgrade on its way. Gree needs to extend the life of the game, once people hit the higher levels they lose incentive to keep going on. There may even be more changes beyond the introduction of team play. New cash units, new buildings , maybe even some new valour missions, who knows?

manbeast
12-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Wow modern war is a beast. Best game GREE has BY FAR. Maybe they should fix their golden cow before it turns into gold poo (no offense poopenshire haha)

bigflan
12-01-2012, 08:32 PM
This is so obvious I have played other gree games they are poo and a load of crap and I'm not joking and guess what they release more of these poop every week

General Soviet
12-01-2012, 08:34 PM
I think this is the reason more content needs to be added to Modern War. Stop making new games every few months, and stick with upgrading the top sellers.

Poopenshire
12-01-2012, 08:36 PM
None taken bro

CAPT.GIN
12-01-2012, 08:55 PM
So this really means gree games suck and they suck really bad! If it wasent for funzio gree would not be sh!+!!! Once modern war and crime city lose there popularity and people stop downloading them gree will die...

marebear
12-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Big Fan of your name and Avatar Mad :) I was obsessed with Alice in Wonderland as a kid. Even painted the Caterpillar smoking out of a hookah sitting on a mushroom and the Cheshire Cat in a tree on my bedroom walls. http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/here2andnow3/72C6C80F-7AB0-414D-A91E-114BCC7826F8-14564-00000C9F386ADB1B.jpg

Fl@sh
12-01-2012, 10:22 PM
I guess marebear! I'm 1 for 1!:cool:

Thenoob
12-01-2012, 10:24 PM
When I read it I got the opinion that its an investment so I think it's only going to get better . The reason I say this is would you let you 300 million + dollar investment crash absolutely not the chart that he posted proved it wait till this new upgrade comes out I bet there is going to be some cool new cash buys out there for everyone to enjoy and waist there pay cheques and parents pay cheques on lol I didn't read all the post so if someone already posted something similar I owe u a drink cheers just my two cents

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Gree fails to comprehend the average gamer.
Why?
There could be many reasons, but most are cultural differences.
MW was developed by those that understood western civilization.
That said, Funzio (MW's creator) got many things incorrect.
Russia gets an air boost, yet lacks air superiority.
Why Iran is even mentioned, mystifies me. Energy is irrelevant, insofar as how this game is played.
China and infantry superiority makes a little sense, but why not India?
The US is all but irrelevant insofar as game play and superiority.
The UK was known for its sea power, but in the 19th century.
Germany and ground superiority, yeah, that makes no sense. Germany and Japan are hampered by post WWII treaties.
So much for basic game design.
The rank structure: rookie, apprentice, 1st "whatever"; senseless.
Then we have military forces mining diamonds, pumping oil from oil rigs in ports, producing "stuff" from nanotech factories; all fantasy.
Bottom line, the game is unrealistic.
Funzio and Gree probably never consulted retired or former military personnel; even Hollywood does that for movies.
Game play? We all know the game rarely works correctly, and even when it does, it's most underwhelming.
Fast forward to our one month long gold and play boycott.
Back to back gold sales tell us, money talks, rather lack of money.
So, a gaming journalist pens an interesting article.
I'll bottom line it, games like this depend on disposable income.
With nearly 30,000,000, maybe 40,000,000 unemployed in the US alone, taxes on the increase, inflation setting in; Gree is in serious trouble.
I suggest continuing the boycott.
There will be more news from the boycott founder (and his partners) very soon.
No, I'm NOT the founder.
I was the one elected to announce the boycott.
The founder will soon step forward and make a startling revelation that will hit CNN, MSNBC, FOX, BBC, and other world news outlets.
Let's just say, boycotts, epidemic unemployment, depressions, inflation, and a myriad of other issues; the announcement will get noticed.
Look for a riderless HIGH HORSE!

Everyone please read this link about gree and post your thoughts and what's going to happen in the future with all this.

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-01-2012, 10:44 PM
So this really means gree games suck and they suck really bad! If it wasent for funzio gree would not be sh!+!!! Once modern war and crime city lose there popularity and people stop downloading them gree will die...

You summed it up rather succinctly.

Thenoob
12-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Wow thank god I live in Canada I've been unemployed for two years but I've been doing good started a business now I'm one step close to buying out gree ba ha ha ha ha ha yah right

Sugarymama
12-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Interesting read. The gaming world has significantly changed over the past few years. I remember at time when you bought a game once (gaming consoles) then just played it until you finished it. No purchasing anything to enhance or keep the game going. One price and that's it.

It's funny; no matter how much we break Gree down and discuss all the negative things about MW, here we are, all still playing. They must be doing something right...lol.

Guderian40
12-02-2012, 02:59 AM
PJ, for me one of the best posts I read so far here.
I agree and can add dozens of more points and examples. Like the fact, that you "attack" tanks with your submarines and your infantry "attacks" submarines (??!), which means a simple adding of attack and defense values, a stupid kind of virtual picture collection with no meaning and depth. Fantasy names mixed with WWII names, unit names. Stupidity.
Add the broken promises, glitches, errors, imbalances...

GREE has
- no idea of military history.
- no idea of cultural differences or cultural background,
- no idea of economics, neither in the game nor in their business (they buy western companies and copy games, every month a new one, they do not listen to their customers...)
- and - the most suprising for me - no idea of IT, programming, see the many errors in the game and the long time they need to even change very ease things

Dutchie
12-02-2012, 07:19 AM
MW was never supposed to be a realistic war game. If you want more realistic, play something like Red Orchestra. All the Funzio games use the same game engine but change the background scenario and graphics with a few tweaks for each game. In game purchases is a new way for gaming companies to up-sell / cross-sell and it is a good money spinner. Hence aggressive M&A companies like Gree are buying the likes of Funzio for their user base and existing revenues which for the amount of development work required is a much better ROI than blockbuster games such as COD, Halo, GTA, etc. that require millions up front in development costs.

Can't wait to hear what the dirt is that the founder will release to major news outlets as indicated by PJ's post. Is it something along the lines of 'these games rip off the customer'. Tell me something new!

Tanner
12-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Gree fails to comprehend the average gamer.
Why?
There could be many reasons, but most are cultural differences.
MW was developed by those that understood western civilization.
That said, Funzio (MW's creator) got many things incorrect.
Russia gets an air boost, yet lacks air superiority.
Why Iran is even mentioned, mystifies me. Energy is irrelevant, insofar as how this game is played.
China and infantry superiority makes a little sense, but why not India?
The US is all but irrelevant insofar as game play and superiority.
The UK was known for its sea power, but in the 19th century.
Germany and ground superiority, yeah, that makes no sense. Germany and Japan are hampered by post WWII treaties.
So much for basic game design.
The rank structure: rookie, apprentice, 1st "whatever"; senseless.
Then we have military forces mining diamonds, pumping oil from oil rigs in ports, producing "stuff" from nanotech factories; all fantasy.
Bottom line, the game is unrealistic.
Funzio and Gree probably never consulted retired or former military personnel; even Hollywood does that for movies.
Game play? We all know the game rarely works correctly, and even when it does, it's most underwhelming.
Fast forward to our one month long gold and play boycott.
Back to back gold sales tell us, money talks, rather lack of money.
So, a gaming journalist pens an interesting article.
I'll bottom line it, games like this depend on disposable income.
With nearly 30,000,000, maybe 40,000,000 unemployed in the US alone, taxes on the increase, inflation setting in; Gree is in serious trouble.
I suggest continuing the boycott.
There will be more news from the boycott founder (and his partners) very soon.
No, I'm NOT the founder.
I was the one elected to announce the boycott.
The founder will soon step forward and make a startling revelation that will hit CNN, MSNBC, FOX, BBC, and other world news outlets.
Let's just say, boycotts, epidemic unemployment, depressions, inflation, and a myriad of other issues; the announcement will get noticed.
Look for a riderless HIGH HORSE!

You know it's serious if PJ drops it straight like this. First post I've seen where the riddle-speaking mystery-poet hasn't wrapped my brain around the keyboard. Looks like anticipation is all wrapped up and waiting under the tree for me...wonder if MW3.0 is going to make it to the party? :)

manbeast
12-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Usually I'll see a long post by PJ, read the first line and see some made up word like groat and skip the rest of it. This time I didn't see any of that crap so kept reading and it was a good post. Congrats PJ. 2nd legitimate post I've seen