PDA

View Full Version : Gold money buildings

Thenoob
12-01-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm thinking about finally buying some gold on this game but I want it in order to hit 1 mil iph what is the best paying out Biulding after upgrades in know I'm still a ways away but I'm sick of waiting 100 hours for my upgrades to finish

CAPT.GIN
12-01-2012, 06:40 PM
To me the diamond minds are really effect they raise you iph real good..

CAPT.GIN
12-01-2012, 06:42 PM
I would do the biodomes next because they don't take that long to upgrade...

manbeast
12-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Diamond mines cost way too much gold. Just upgrade your nanos and chem ants and forget about diamond mines.

Geo thermal plants will provide better IPH than diamond mines and they cost half the price!

Bio domes are basically the same thing as an oil refinery.

I have two level 10 coal lines and love them. Coal mines are what pushed me over the 1 million mark

bigflan
12-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Or you can make the right decision and not buy gold buildings but get crates and such.

CAPT.GIN
12-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Diamond mines cost way too much gold. Just upgrade your nanos and chem ants and forget about diamond mines.

Geo thermal plants will provide better IPH than diamond mines and they cost half the price!

Bio domes are basically the same thing as an oil refinery.

I have two level 10 coal lines and love them. Coal mines are what pushed me over the 1 million mark

Your crazy MB! Diamond minds are by far the best gold buildings and raise you iph a lot faster...

Reznor
12-01-2012, 06:57 PM
A guy recently commented on my wall and said "Nice base *3 thumbs up Emojis* A horrible way to spend 1770 gold though"

He was right.

manbeast
12-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Your crazy MB! Diamond minds are by far the best gold buildings and raise you iph a lot faster...

Geo thermals give you better IPH at every level. And they are half the gold... If you are on a budget then diamond mines suck man. Oil rigs are the best money building in the game.

I know a lot of forum members that love diamond mines but I'm not a fan lol for 1000 gold I should get a building better than a nano, not worse.

CAPT.GIN
12-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Geo thermals give you better IPH at every level. And they are half the gold... If you are on a budget then diamond mines suck man. Oil rigs are the best money building in the game.

I know a lot of forum members that love diamond mines but I'm not a fan lol for 1000 gold I should get a building better than a nano, not worse.

Yea you do got a point there but nanos cost so much and take forever to upgrade!

Jhenry02
12-01-2012, 08:04 PM
But when you have 2 nanos pushing out over 4 million a day, its noice!

CAPT.GIN
12-01-2012, 08:08 PM
But when you have 2 nanos pushing out over 4 million a day, its noice!

Did you mean nice?

Shinazueli
12-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Did you mean nice?

Pronounced NAA-OI-SS(h). Typical male utterance describing awesomeness.

Brought to you by slang dictionary.

Shinazueli
12-01-2012, 09:24 PM
And the DMs are awesome because you can buy them at level 19. Yes, they don't pump out as much as nanos, but you can fully upgrade them well before you can obtain nanos.

And the coal mines are awesome for the same reason. Though, don't trust the spreadsheet for the coal mines info, I know for a fact the times are wrong and at least the first two upgrade costs are wrong. It's faster and more expensive than displayed on the SS.

Also, the geos are cheaper for a good reason: they're 6 hour buildings. Which is one of the worst timers (only 8&18 hrs are worse) because you lose 1/4 of the income every day. With the 12s you can virtually guarantee both collections and they don't usually produce enough income to be worth raiding, unlike the 24/48s.

Gambit12
12-01-2012, 09:35 PM

I agree with Manbeast. Geothermal plant is the best gold building - time wise to collect cash, gold is chipper than the Diamond mine. Biodome - take 2 days to collect & kinda too long to wait to collect some cash. & Coal mine is kinda too much for gold too. Just keep upgrading your Oil Rig, Nano, Ore mine, & Oil refinery & you'll be okey to get in 1 million iph...

Dreno33
12-01-2012, 09:43 PM
if you are at higher lvls and have a hard time saving up then DM's are good. You can get better income out of them without having to save up as much as the nanos in the first upgrades. I don't feel like doing the math or opening excel but I have done it before and that is why I am telling you. My lvl 6 DM's pump out 990k ea. it's nice.

Shinazueli
12-01-2012, 09:55 PM
I mean, it's (geo) basically a steel mill upgraded. When was the last time you went, man I hope my steel mill didn't get raided.

It's kinda meh. If you are scraping for every last buck of income, buy it, after all the others. Otherwise, pass.

As far as bang for your buck goes, the best is solar array, lol. After that, it's a toss up between bio dome and diamond mine. Choose the one that suits your playstyle. My playstyle is 'winning' so I went with DMs.

Thenoob
12-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Lol. It's funny reading every ones different opinions about it and I like man beasts thoughts the most u c I would upgrade my nanos and oil rigs but the pickertons like steeling my cash my nanos are at level 2 and oils rigs are at 4 and all my big money makers are all Over the 30 million mark to upgrade I dug my own hole always fighting high level players well higher then me but I usually don't loose but it seems all 170 level plus are same stats as me 70000 ATtack and defense give or take that is why I'm thinking gold buildings

Shinazueli
12-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Lol. It's funny reading every ones different opinions about it and I like man beasts thoughts the most u c I would upgrade my nanos and oil rigs but the pickertons like steeling my cash my nanos are at level 2 and oils rigs are at 4 and all my big money makers are all Over the 30 million mark to upgrade I dug my own hole always fighting high level players well higher then me but I usually don't loose but it seems all 170 level plus are same stats as me 70000 ATtack and defense give or take that is why I'm thinking gold buildings

If you are already that far up what are gold buildings really going to buy you? I'd think you'd almost be better off buying crates or LE sets to increase your stats and protect what you have before you try and get more. Otherwise they are just a neon sign on your base saying "please raid me I have money".

Copenhagen
12-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Without any consideration of the initial cost: 1. Diamond, 2. Coal, 3. Geothermal ...and then the rest.

Careful listening to my buddy MB, he'll have you selling all your defense buildings too. 😜

Thief
12-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Personally as a Free player i love my single Geothermal. It Currently Pays out 616,000 and i collect an Average of 3.5 Days. That means It pays out over 2 Million a day. The upgrade times were short and the cost was relatively low.

Now if gold isn't an issue. It probably isn't the BEST Gold building but i look at it in terms of 2-Geothermal Plansts = 1Diamond Mine. Over the life of the game which one is going to pay out more?

Jhenry02
12-01-2012, 11:30 PM
I like geothermal, but would have preferred coal mine or diamond mine, as I like 12-24 hour collection times (nanos and oil rigs). But I couldn't afford the others and my composite factory.

And thank you shin for the explanation of noice.

-jason

Tctiger
12-02-2012, 05:14 AM
If I was buying gold money buildings I would look at the upgrade prices and work out what to get like that .

EnjoyLife
12-02-2012, 05:33 AM
I mean, it's (geo) basically a steel mill upgraded. When was the last time you went, man I hope my steel mill didn't get raided.

It's kinda meh. If you are scraping for every last buck of income, buy it, after all the others. Otherwise, pass.

As far as bang for your buck goes, the best is solar array, lol. After that, it's a toss up between bio dome and diamond mine. Choose the one that suits your playstyle. My playstyle is 'winning' so I went with DMs.

Geos are nothing like steel mills except for collection times. The solar arrays payout is terrible. My Geos pay out 812,000 on each collection. My steel mills pay out about 5,000 on each collection.

manbeast
12-02-2012, 07:53 AM
what gold building you should get depends on two things in my mind- your value of gold, and what collection times you prefer.

If you do not place any value on gold at all. You are a CEO making $10K/day like my buddy copenhagen and you can spend however much money on this game that you want. First of all I would buy all the gold buildings and wouldnt bother posting a thread about it. but if i had to put them in order just based on their output i would say

1. coal- bc i love 24 hr buildings
2. geothermals- highest IPH of any gold building and i love 6 hr collections
3. diamond mines- second highest iph of gold building, i dont really care for 12 hr collections
4. water treatment- 50k/hr iph and i like 18 hr collection
5. bio domes
6. solar array

If gold is very valuable to you the list is completely different. for me, gold is just about the most valuable thing in the game. I'd trade $5 million in game cash for 1 bar of gold... that said... my list is

1. Geo thermals
2. water treatment plants
3. solar arrays
4. coal mines
5. bio domes
6. diamond mines

I would simply never buy diamond mines unless every other money building on my whole base was lvl 10 and i didnt have anything else to spend my gold on. for the price of 2 diamond mines you can get:
1. 2 geo thermals, 2 water treatment plants, and 2 solar arrays. (this is what i did when i purchased my first gold money buildings
2. 2 geo thermals and 1 coal mine and 1 solar array
3. 2 geo thermals and almost 2 bio domes

and on the topic of defense buildings- i'm still not sold on them. went from zero to 5 railguns protecting me composites factory and it made no difference to the low casualty glitcher who won't stop attacking me. in my opinion, defense buildings just give glitchers and pirates extra targets to hit when blacking out your base, leading to more casualties on my part. money is better spent on aircraft carriers.

edit- i dont know what the spreadsheet says but my lvl 10 coal mines cost me $101 million and somethin lik 96 hrs? oil rig is better (which is sad bc its a freaking in game cash building and coal mines are GOLD), but still an easy upgrade for me

edit #2- since you are already lvl 170 i would not advise buying any gold money buildings. in game cash won't do anything for you. highest stats you can get with in game cash is around 100K. you're already at 70k... whats the point? it is also pointless to spend your gold on boss events at that level. my advise would be to keep playing the way you have been (if that is fun for you) or start a new account and play up till lvl 80 or so and then start camping and spend your gold on that account bc it will go alot farther.

Thief
12-02-2012, 08:05 AM
@ Manbeast Not sure i agree 100% on the First Sequence (with gold not being an issue) but it was a good read. As "Gold=more Valuable than anything" It also makes me think i should go back and evaluate the Value of Water Treatment Plants.

Really 5 Million = 1 gold bar? I know your IPH is higher than mine...but thats almost saying an Aircraft Carrier is worth 1 gold bar. I remember when we had the discussion in the forums about converting and it would be nice if they had the option of 1 Million gold =2 gold bars or something? (or 5? Silver Bars allowing you to buy limited gold items like Buildings and Events)

As for defense buildings...your right...not sold either for actual protection. However while they might not have protected you against raids didn't those 5 Rail guns at least up your Total Defense by 75 each?

manbeast
12-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Yea the rail guns did bring my defense up by 75, but aircraft carriers are the same price and bring my defense up by about 60 points or so

How would you change your opinion on water treatment plants?

And yea 5 million is pretty steep. Probably the most I would pay for gold. I could get about 5 gold bars per day or about 1 health pack per week... Hmm yea 1 million per gold bar would be a whole lot better! Lol but GREE would never go for that.

I completely understand that your order for each list could be different. I would guess the reason it is different is because you prefer 12 hr collections over 6 hr? I understand why some people would.

6 hr collections are perfect for me though

6:30-wake up collect geo thermals
12:30- lunch brake collect geo thermals
18:30-just got home from work collect geo thermals
0:30 goin to bed collect again.

I collect them 100% at least 4 days a week. 12 hr buildings I miss all the time

elangomatt
12-02-2012, 09:13 AM
I completely understand that your order for each list could be different. I would guess the reason it is different is because you prefer 12 hr collections over 6 hr? I understand why some people would.

6 hr collections are perfect for me though

6:30-wake up collect geo thermals
12:30- lunch brake collect geo thermals
18:30-just got home from work collect geo thermals
0:30 goin to bed collect again.

I collect them 100% at least 4 days a week. 12 hr buildings I miss all the time

I don't understand how you collect 100% on the 6 hour buildings, but miss the 12 hour buildings. As long as things are synced, you should be collecting your 12 hour buildings every other time you collect your 6 hour buildings.

Shinazueli
12-02-2012, 09:20 AM
I don't understand how you collect 100% on the 6 hour buildings, but miss the 12 hour buildings. As long as things are synced, you should be collecting your 12 hour buildings every other time you collect your 6 hour buildings.

If you go to bed @0030 and wake up before 0630, I feel sorry for you. I work and go to school and still get more sleep than that. For the majority of players, it is far easier to get 2'collections from a 12hr than 4 out of a 6 hour building. However, that being said, if that schedule works for you, go for it. They are cheaper, after all.

Still, the DMs could easily be collected when you go to work and when you get off work. If you miss them one night, it's not a huge loss, nobody raids 12 hour buildings unless they're just mad at you.

One other reason I purchase the geos last is because my LLP boss killer still can't buy them :)

manbeast
12-02-2012, 09:22 AM
I know it doesn't really sense... Seems like I can never keep them synced up. My 12 hr buildings will be good (collecting 100%) for a couple days then I'll miss one and won't collect it until 1400... Boom 50% of that days collection (on that building) is gone.

With my 6 hr buildings, if I happen to miss one collection then I only lose 25%.

Edit- shin I have found that 6 hrs of sleep is perfect for me. Any more than that and I feel tired all day but then have insomnia at night. I think this will change as I get older though.

Shinazueli
12-02-2012, 09:24 AM
I know it doesn't really sense... Seems like I can never keep them synced up. My 12 hr buildings will be good (collecting 100%) for a couple days then I'll miss one and won't collect it until 1400... Boom 50% of that days collection (on that building) is gone.

With my 6 hr buildings, if I happen to miss one collection then I only lose 25%.

I consider having to collect them twice and occasionally missing the evening collection the price I pay for never having had someone raid them.

boardgames rule
12-02-2012, 03:34 PM
I woulld go geos and then diamond mines.

Copenhagen
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
edit #2- since you are already lvl 170 i would not advise buying any gold money buildings. in game cash won't do anything for you. highest stats you can get with in game cash is around 100K. you're already at 70k... whats the point? it is also pointless to spend your gold on boss events at that level. my advise would be to keep playing the way you have been (if that is fun for you) or start a new account and play up till lvl 80 or so and then start camping and spend your gold on that account bc it will go alot farther.

Now that is a good point. Doesn't take being a CEO to afford a diamond mine, 47% should be able to pick one up.

Mcdoc
12-03-2012, 05:24 AM
Now that is a good point. Doesn't take being a CEO to afford a diamond mine, 47% should be able to pick one up.Hey - I represent that remark - LoL

EnjoyLife
12-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Now that is a good point. Doesn't take being a CEO to afford a diamond mine, 47% should be able to pick one up.

I have two of them and I am a free player :)

Thief
12-03-2012, 12:17 PM
I have two of them and I am a free player :)

Nice! I guess i could have Sacraficed my Geo and Composites for my First Diamond mine....
And i almost have enough to buy a Diamond Mine now....But i figured i wanted to try and save it for the Boss (although with my luck they would change it to 40 Bosses by the time i can beat 30 for Free)

I guess i could either get a Diamond Mine now...Or hope to possibly beat 3 bosses in the future? Granted that 1.5 Million IPH you have will put you at a better advantage in the long run..but i need a few units that will always be brought to battle if i ever need to delete my allies while my base is being blacked out?

manbeast
12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
if you can make it to boss 30 without gold, i would definitely go for 35. this could be the last boss event before 3.0 is released and 3.0 could change everything

Fl@sh
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Geos fly under the radar and are less likely to get raided. I raid Nano's and diamond mines all the time. Plus, there is a reason Geos require a higher level than the other gold buildings, they are far superior.

EnjoyLife
12-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Nice! I guess i could have Sacraficed my Geo and Composites for my First Diamond mine....
And i almost have enough to buy a Diamond Mine now....But i figured i wanted to try and save it for the Boss (although with my luck they would change it to 40 Bosses by the time i can beat 30 for Free)

I guess i could either get a Diamond Mine now...Or hope to possibly beat 3 bosses in the future? Granted that 1.5 Million IPH you have will put you at a better advantage in the long run..but i need a few units that will always be brought to battle if i ever need to delete my allies while my base is being blacked out?

It is a decision that you alone will make. I did get my Composites first and then my two Geothermals before getting my two diamond mines.

manbeast
12-03-2012, 04:42 PM
What is your secret to getting that much tapjoy?! You must live in one of those regions with the repeating video adds eh?

EnjoyLife
12-03-2012, 04:50 PM
What is your secret to getting that much tapjoy?! You must live in one of those regions with the repeating video adds eh?

I haven't seen a video ad in weeks... I just choose the free apps and if they don't credit me the gold, I contact support.

manbeast
12-03-2012, 05:00 PM
have you done every single one that offers 1 gold?

EnjoyLife
12-03-2012, 05:06 PM
have you done every single one that offers 1 gold?

Practically all. There are a few that remain that I don't want to do.

manbeast
12-03-2012, 05:07 PM
i usually only do the ones that offer 2 or more gold. last few weeks my tapjoy has been completely broken. support isn't helping

boardgames rule
12-03-2012, 05:55 PM
I am like you life. Got comp,geos 3pack of crates and 85 gold short of diamond mine. And TJ isnt working for me as well.

bigflan
12-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I still have tapjoy and there is a app for 18 gold but I don't want to download it because I know what's happening.

manbeast
12-03-2012, 06:38 PM
flan you can still download it. if the promo hits and you dont get it, just send a ticket

but i dont see any offers for 18 gold...