PDA

View Full Version : Honoring the Departed

Thunder Child
11-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Been suggested for 'senior' players, but I think it would be more fitting for those who have left us. Why not name a few units after the good and the great who have gone before us?

I'm sure 'Miner' and 'Overkill', for example, would make awesome names for certain units.

What do you think, and which of the big names now gone could be resurrected in this way?

mickymacirl
11-30-2012, 12:56 AM
I think its a brilliant idea - specially since we even had a flancarrier, how about a war priest!

JF5522
11-30-2012, 01:04 AM
110% agreed.

Thunder Child
11-30-2012, 01:23 AM
War Priest - Infantry; Overkill - Sea; Miner - Ground;

Thunder Child
11-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Another thought for the Devs - why not make this an anniversary feature?

Take a poll of Forum members for four anniversary units to be named after former 'Greats'; perhaps an annual event like the Oscars' "Those Who Left Us".....

Jhoemel
11-30-2012, 01:30 AM
This a nice idea. We can have a jmc super carrier

Thunder Child
11-30-2012, 01:43 AM
Chuck Norris (the guy who got me into the Forum) - hand-to-hand combat instructor;

Tramp Stamp - intelligence officer

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-30-2012, 05:11 AM
A sea unit for Overkill that looks like the Battleship from his avatar would be awesome! Always loved his avatar.

GIJOE
11-30-2012, 05:43 AM
digitalwalker " silent bomber "

Lt. Falcon
11-30-2012, 06:20 AM
if we were to to this, one of my first suggestions would be Seqwins and I would use an infantry unit.

Harry Tuttle
11-30-2012, 06:31 AM
+1 for WP

Extras

boardgames rule
11-30-2012, 06:32 AM
I would say buggsa1.

Poopenshire
11-30-2012, 06:36 AM
JMC is still active on the game, just not the forum. could be a specail two part unit for that.

bigflan
11-30-2012, 06:50 AM
How about Flancraft carrier 2

manbeast
11-30-2012, 06:51 AM
This thread makes me sad reading all these names

JMC is still active on the game, just not the forum. could be a specail two part unit for that.

Weird. I use to visit his base once in a while and leave a comment. My last comment asked if he still plays. Said he doesn't get on the forum and barely plays the game. That was like a month ago. Shortly after that he disappeared from my ally list. I though maybe he deleted his account or something. Glad to hear he is still playing

Thunder Child
11-30-2012, 08:14 AM
How about Flancraft carrier 2Sunk the first, and a second would no doubt be full of holes..... The only 'great' who refused to depart!

Poopenshire
11-30-2012, 08:47 AM

He is on the team with the Mig21 problems. that is all i can say for sure as he had to report the bug and get rid of the planes.

dthfrmabv
11-30-2012, 08:50 AM

I'll second this motion!

Sugarymama
11-30-2012, 09:19 AM
This thread makes me sad reading all these names

Me too Manbeast. I miss those guys. A real cool lot..:(

Ferr
11-30-2012, 09:34 AM
When i am dead i would like to have a whole fleet named after me. FERR's Armada if thats not too much to ask. Thereafter i would ask one of you to become a priest or shaman or something who can keep in contact with me in which case i will fulfill the role of God. No one will know the difference.

Capt Dan DevGru
11-30-2012, 09:40 AM
War Priest would be a good one.

Jhenry02
11-30-2012, 11:19 AM
When i am dead i would like to have a whole fleet named after me. FERR's Armada if thats not too much to ask. Thereafter i would ask one of you to become a priest or shaman or something who can keep in contact with me in which case i will fulfill the role of God. No one will know the difference.

Will we have visible boosts by then?

Tanner
11-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Ive gotta second the JMC, TS, & digitalcamper/walker sentiments. These guys were spreadsheeting when we first downloaded the game. Lets not forget those who have stuck around though either. Azy, Mav, emcee, EnjoyLife, AO...probably missed some. Yep, that makes me a jerk.

manbeast
11-30-2012, 01:27 PM
i dont know if anyone will believe me, but i was on the forum a lot LAST november. when the game very first came out i downloaded it and found the forum. never joined though just lurked. then in december i got married and went on a honey moon and moved into a new house... didn't pick the game up again until mid january/february... lurked the forum again until may haha. but yea i loved reading all those posts from digital walker and tramp stamp. i remember tramp stamps goodbye thread (lurking at it haha)

Sugarymama
11-30-2012, 01:40 PM
i dont know if anyone will believe me, but i was on the forum a lot LAST november. when the game very first came out i downloaded it and found the forum. never joined though just lurked. then in december i got married and went on a honey moon and moved into a new house... didn't pick the game up again until mid january/february... lurked the forum again until may haha. but yea i loved reading all those posts from digital walker and tramp stamp. i remember tramp stamps goodbye thread (lurking at it haha)

Me too Manbeast. I was playing for a while before I joined the forum. And while I did read/lurk, I wasn't on it all the time. I also remember Tramp Stamp's goodbye, and was like "why is he leaving so soon?". Didn't understand it at the time. Loved to read the posts, and how strategic and involved people were in the game. I felt like I had a lot to learn after reading certain threads. Felt real junior...lol.

Speed ump
11-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Fivefinger

Agent Orange
11-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Great idea, maybe one of those can replace the flan carrier....

cheiz
11-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Nobody mentioned Stricker!

cheiz
11-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Nor Omega!

Sugarymama
11-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Nor Omega!

You're right Cheiz. I know there are probably quite a few names that I'm missing, but it's been a minute for me. Are they done playing, or just not on the forum?

Mcdoc
11-30-2012, 04:22 PM
It's like when you were a freshman in HS and didn't really get to know some of the Seniors before they were gone but you knew there was something special about a few of them - then next thing you know - you're the Senior laughing at the new freshman.

Of course I graduated 23 years ago - and older people would always tell me when I was a Junior/Senior: "you don't know how lucky you are to be in high school - these will be the best years of your life" - and I thought - yeah right - I'd love to have my own apartment, car, live-in girlfriend, etc - not realizing all the slave driving bills that go with all those things - LOL