PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Event

albeezy
11-29-2012, 06:57 PM
So the one year of MW is tomorrow (I think). Will we be having an anniversary event then or another boss event?

Fl@sh
11-29-2012, 07:00 PM
I hope neither. I'm still fuming about General Steele disappearing early.

bigflan
11-29-2012, 07:01 PM
I think the cc invasion event is going to MW so it might be this so don't get your hopes up

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-29-2012, 07:01 PM
I say boss event. Mw doesn't seem to get themed events like CC does.

Mcdoc
11-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah - we can't even get Holiday items like we used to. I was totaly expecting some Halloween or Thanksgiving LE's - but I don't think we even got any 4th of July items. Last thing I remember was the Irish Fighter back in March.

bigflan
11-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Does anyone look at the game files

manbeast
11-29-2012, 07:06 PM
i've been looking forward to the anniversary event for a long time now. i hope they have it.

mcdoc- totally agree on LE's. how hard would it be to throw out a few holiday ones?!

vaporeon
11-29-2012, 10:57 PM
A really cool even would be to make all upgrades last only 1 hour for a full day.

Baraka
11-29-2012, 11:44 PM
A really cool even would be to make all upgrades last only 1 hour for a full day.that would be awesome.

CJ54
11-29-2012, 11:51 PM
I hope neither. I'm still fuming about General Steele disappearing early.

I don't like going off-topic, but the boss ending early should be fixed now. If it's not, we'll dig back into it and fix it again until it stays fixed.

RE: Anniversary Event, I can't say.

Baraka
11-29-2012, 11:58 PM
I don't like going off-topic, but the boss ending early should be fixed now. If it's not, we'll dig back into it and fix it again until it stays fixed.

RE: Anniversary Event, I can't say.do you know if they sorted out the MQ boss error for people who didnt get there Gobblar. Sorry to go off topic again.

manbeast
11-30-2012, 12:00 AM
I beat KA boss 20 times and didn't get a death stalker! Sent a ticket but nothing yet

mickymacirl
11-30-2012, 12:55 AM

RE: Anniversary Event, I can't say.

CJ can you please respond to the email I sent you, cheers, and I hope the boss event gets fixed for level 150 +, getting to just 8 with free hits is ridiculous.

Fl@sh
11-30-2012, 03:18 AM

RE: Anniversary Event, I can't say.I sure hope so and thanks for the reply. You must have read my survey...

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-30-2012, 05:07 AM
A really cool even would be to make all upgrades last only 1 hour for a full day.

that would be cool. bet it would spur some gold spending too. Think of the possibilities with that one...

Sugarymama
11-30-2012, 08:19 AM
I think any anniversary event should involve giving the players something, instead of requiring them to purchase or even win the unit/product. It should be like a "thank you" for supporting and playing the game. Another game I play (can't mention the name because it's not Funzio/Gree) had a great anniversary event. Gave bonuses that lasted a weekend, and which enabled players to promote/upgrade our units much more quickly. Was a sweet event.

We should be allowed to upgrade a few buildings simultaneously, or build more than one building (for those who need to). Even double or triple BP (if anyone is trying to increase their rank). Or a "sale" on every gold unit for a certain amount of time. And not just 10% off either. Just a thought.

Mad
11-30-2012, 08:30 AM
I think any anniversary event should involve giving the players something, instead of requiring them to purchase or even win the unit/product. It should be like a "thank you" for supporting and playing the game. Another game I play (can't mention the name because it's not Funzio/Gree) had a great anniversary event. Gave bonuses that lasted a weekend, and which enabled players to promote/upgrade our units much more quickly. Was a sweet event.

We should be allowed to upgrade a few buildings simultaneously, or build more than one building (for those who need to). Even double or triple BP (if anyone is trying to increase their rank). Or a "sale" on every gold unit for a certain amount of time. And not just 10% off either. Just a thought.

Those are great ideas.

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-30-2012, 08:40 AM

Agreed +1000%

Sugarymama
11-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys...:)

chbranch
11-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Everyone always wants something for free. That thought gets old fast. This is a game REMEMBER!? I think the anniversary event they had on crime city was perfect. 4 different ways to earn a high value weapon (Top 25 for each catagory) designed on your playing style(most pvp wins, most robberies, top earner, pve). You could have went after one or all four. It was fun.

Sugarymama
11-30-2012, 09:16 AM
That does sound like fun Chbranch, however I guess I'm thinking more of a gift because of the whole anniversary theme. We compete every day for units/bonuses. It would be more like a "thank you" instead of another contest. If you only give the top 25 players in each category something, that means 99% of gamers get nothing. :(

I want my freebie! ;)

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Everyone always wants something for free. That thought gets old fast. This is a game REMEMBER!? I think the anniversary event they had on crime city was perfect. 4 different ways to earn a high value weapon (Top 25 for each catagory) designed on your playing style(most pvp wins, most robberies, top earner, pve). You could have went after one or all four. It was fun.

Would you catch more flies with honey or bread crumbs?

When a company holds promotions such as the ones S-mama & others have suggested, you would attract more customers and the potential for more sales. And when you give freebies to your loyal customers, you stand a better chance for them to continue spending money.

Everyone likes to express what they would like to see or not see. It's fun to come up with new ideas.

Join in on the fun :)

Sugarymama
11-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Okay, here is my fantasy "player appreciation event". For 72 hours, you will get:

-two upgrade levels for any 3 buildings
-triple BP, XP, and cash for PVP and PVE
-choice of 1 gold unit in each category

Maybe there can also be a prize/unit for the player(s) with most BP, most upgraded buildings, best win/loss record,etc. But every active player should have the option to get all of what is listed above.

chbranch
11-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Don't get me wrong...I love a free gift, but to have something free given to us all the time gets a little boring. What strategy goes into getting stuff for free? Or, why would we want EVERYONE to receive an item just for doing the bare minimal? If I'm opening 18 boxes a day in an auction event, I sure don't want someone opening one box a day to receive the same prize. I want/like to participate in events. The PvE forum event was hardly a bread crumb, that was honey. I got #11 and didn't spend a dime. Just some time.

@Sugarymama....I wasn't dissing your opinion, in fact I have participated in many double "XP" weekends in console games and think that was a good idea, I'm just more drawn to top whatever PvE, or PvP events that a little time and effort gets you a nice prize.

Capt Dan DevGru
11-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Is a one year anniversary today?

Mad
11-30-2012, 09:43 AM

These would be horrid XP generators and clearly favor the high level players who couldn't care less if they level up from level 150 to 160. For the rest of us, if we aren't properly prepared, such leveling up could prove to be a serious challenge.

I find as I go higher its becoming increasingly difficult to save up for higher upgrades. At level 55, I am finding it a challenge to save up for a level 7 upgrade of my oil rig. I need $90 million to do it, and people see that kind of cash and I get attacked regularly -- more than I have ever before.

The anniversary events you suggest clearly favour the high level players, while surgarmama's suggestions favour more the lower level.

Mad
11-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Okay, here is my fantasy "player appreciation event". For 72 hours, you will get:

-two upgrade levels for any 3 buildings
-triple BP and cash for PVP and PVE
-choice of 1 gold unit in each category
-turn off XP for the weekend

Maybe there can also be a prize/unit for the player(s) with most BP, most upgraded buildings, best win/loss record,etc. But every active player should have the option to get all of what is listed above.

Fixed that for you. Great ideas expect for those two letters XP lol.

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Don't get me wrong...I love a free gift, but to have something free given to us all the time gets a little boring. What strategy goes into getting stuff for free? Or, why would we want EVERYONE to receive an item just for doing the bare minimal? If I'm opening 18 boxes a day in an auction event, I sure don't want someone opening one box a day to receive the same prize. I want/like to participate in events. The PvE forum event was hardly a bread crumb, that was honey. I got #11 and didn't spend a dime. Just some time.

I agree with that too. I wouldn't want something free all the time for the same reasons you stated.

Also agree with Mad about the XP. I would totally do a PvP or another PvE style event if the XP could be turned off or extremely limited just for the event. Levels you up way too fast in that scenario.

chbranch
11-30-2012, 09:52 AM
@ Mad....why are you afraid to level up? Why even play the game then? Your assessment of the crime city anniversary event is kinda incorrect. The only one that maybe kinda DID favor high level players was the high earner portion because you had to have been playing for some time but campers have high iph's too and alot won. I was a level 50 at the time and had not problem mindlessly hitting or robbing a rival as any 150 level player was doing. It wasn't level dependent but it was definitely gold versus non gold dependent.

chbranch
11-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Fixed that for you. Great ideas expect for those two letters XP lol.

Sorry...double "BP" in place of "XP" in our mobile game.

Sugarymama
11-30-2012, 09:56 AM

@Sugarymama....I wasn't dissing your opinion, in fact I have participated in many double "XP" weekends in console games and think that was a good idea, I'm just more drawn to top whatever PvE, or PvP events that a little time and effort gets you a nice prize.

I know you weren't. I appreciate your difference in opinion. That's what the forum is for.

I don't think the anniversary/player appreciation event should be done more than one time. I would not suggest it be ongoing. You're right; there are many players who are very involved and don't feel it's right to just hand over the same prize to players who aren't doing anything to earn it, while others are busting their hump to get it.

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-30-2012, 10:06 AM
@ Mad....why are you afraid to level up? Why even play the game then?

I think it's afraid of leveling up too quickly. We know what kind of numbers we will need the higher we go, so the assessment is we need to be a lot stronger before whale territory.

I want to be able to hold my own the higher I get, so the strategy forces me to slow down, but at the same time I want to participate in events. So I do a little bit of both lol

Mad
11-30-2012, 10:06 AM
@ Mad....why are you afraid to level up? Why even play the game then? Your assessment of the crime city anniversary event is kinda incorrect. The only one that maybe kinda DID favor high level players was the high earner portion because you had to have been playing for some time but campers have high iph's too and alot won. I was a level 50 at the time and had not problem mindlessly hitting or robbing a rival as any 150 level player was doing. It wasn't level dependent but it was definitely gold versus non gold dependent.

I was just basing it on my MW experience. The events you cited could lead to alot of serious leveling up.

Too many guys have leveled up way too fast and then get the boots put to them. Unfortunately, they get themselves in a position where they don't have enough cash to replace the units they are losing and can't save enough money for the more costly upgrades so they can have a high enough IPH to replace lost units.

I have seen guys posting on this forum asking for help, because they don't know what to do. They are caught in a vicious circle, simply because their IPH wasn't sufficient for their level.

I am going up slow, just playing the Boss events, but even with my semi camping modes, I am finding it increasingly difficult to accumulate cash for the higher upgrades. With tens of millions of dollars hanging outside my vault, I am suddenly attracting a lot of attention. I have been able to fight off most of them, but a couple I haven't been able too.

In fact, I had to kibosh a level 7 upgrade of an oil rig because of attacks.

Unless you are a heavy gold spender, you can never survive the upper levels without some serious camping. MW events traditionally generate excessive XP.

Blackstone
11-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Are CC & MW run by different development teams? If so, the MW team is running behind as CC has been having monthly PvP tourneys and holiday themed events. I would be really surprised if MW had an anniversary event given recent history.

3.0 can't come soon enough.

chbranch
11-30-2012, 10:13 AM
I think it's afraid of leveling up too quickly. We know what kind of numbers we will need the higher we go, so the assessment is we need to be a lot stronger before whale territory.

I want to be able to hold my own the higher I get, so the strategy forces me to slow down, but at the same time I want to participate in events. So I do a little bit of both lol

I get ya....but isn't it, no matter what you do unless you are spending big real dollars like the Ferr's of the game, you are going to have problems in the whale territory anyway?

Sugarymama
11-30-2012, 10:19 AM
That is soooo true @Mad. When I first started playing, I just loved to play. It's not like I didn't follow any strategy, but I wasn't as meticulous as some players, nor did I anticipate how much more challenging it would be at the higher levels. I was excited to complete the missions and build my base. Now that I have learned more, as well as gotten great advice from other players, I have learned to be more strategic, and have a better understanding overall. It makes the game a little more enjoyable.

But, there are downsides to camping for too long. You can't do as well in events because you are too weak, and forget about winning any leaderboard events. And forget about the boss events too. When I dropped allies, I could barely get past the 3rd level. I just gave up. Wasn't worth it. As Mad said, it is also difficult to upgrade buildings, because you don't accumulate cash as quickly.

So, you will have to make sacrifices if you want to move very slowly in the game. However, it could have more advantages in the long run.

chbranch
11-30-2012, 10:22 AM
I was just basing it on my MW experience. The events you cited could lead to alot of serious leveling up.

Too many guys have leveled up way too fast and then get the boots put to them. Unfortunately, they get themselves in a position where they don't have enough cash to replace the units they are losing and can't save enough money for the more costly upgrades so they can have a high enough IPH to replace lost units.

I have seen guys posting on this forum asking for help, because they don't know what to do. They are caught in a vicious circle, simply because their IPH wasn't sufficient for their level.

I am going up slow, just playing the Boss events, but even with my semi camping modes, I am finding it increasingly difficult to accumulate cash for the higher upgrades. With tens of millions of dollars hanging outside my vault, I am suddenly attracting a lot of attention. I have been able to fight off most of them, but a couple I haven't been able too.

In fact, I had to kibosh a level 7 upgrade of an oil rig because of attacks.

Unless you are a heavy gold spender, you can never survive the upper levels without some serious camping. MW events traditionally generate excessive XP.

Oh ok...in CC, camping won't even help you defend yourself in the HLs. In game cash is almost worthless. But I understand about not being caught in the HLs butt naked! I'm a level 36 in MW and decided to slow down myself because i was getting handled by boss #12 without using gold. That kinda told me I needed to re-evaluate my strategy.

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Oh ok...in CC, camping won't even help you defend yourself in the HLs. In game cash is almost worthless. But I understand about not being caught in the HLs butt naked! I'm a level 36 in MW and decided to slow down myself because i was getting handled by boss #12 without using gold. That kinda told me I needed to re-evaluate my strategy.

I just started a CC game over Thanksgiving weekend, and have noticed real quickly how different the dynamics are between the two games. I haven't spent a whole lot of time with CC yet, but man are the cash units crap in CC or what? Holy smokes, they are garbage compared to loot items from events, scratchers, and 1000 times worse than the gold units. I am starting to see why some have mostly defensive buildings. Cash is great for that in CC