PDA

View Full Version : Is +20% valor unit worth it

Morphlingman
11-29-2012, 08:13 AM
I am interested in getting the 10th box to get the plus 20% valor unit, which of course will take gold. I have the gold, which I have had for a long time stock piled. But will the unit work, or is it another bs, non-working unit. Can anyone confirm if this type of unit has worked in the past?

Mcdoc
11-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Valor is one of those bonuses that is almost impossible to tell if it works because there is no "constant" to measure it by. You could hit the same exact rival 20 times and range from 2 to 24 valor and not know if it is working or not. Same goes for any BP boost.

mickymacirl
11-29-2012, 08:25 AM
I have the unit through cash opens, id advise you to spend the gold on LE units instead, you have a certainty of a bonus to ur att and def from LE units, you don't from boosts, and if you cannot see it, it doesn't exist.

On that note, be great to see accumulative bonuses in player stats, eg You receive 80% extra valor. You receive 20% extra cash from raiding etc etc etc, at least that's visible.

Mad
11-29-2012, 08:57 AM
For the record: I won a unit that promised one extra valour with every raid. It was good unit aside from the valour. However, I noticed it wasn't working. I would raid someone and was told I had received say 2 valour. When I checked my valour count before and after, I noticed that my valour count only went up by 2 instead of the 3 it should have with the boost.

I reported it to GREE and they provided a bunch of valour as compensation.

However, I am betting these boosts are going to all be working in the new upgrade. It was obvious patches weren't fixing the unit boosts and a major upgrade was needed. The new version of MW (3.0) will be incorporating Unit boosts on a larger scale, so I expect it will be a priority fix and may explain the delays in its release.

Corsair
11-29-2012, 10:09 AM
I would not spend gold for it, except maybe to open a last few boxes or something like that.

It can be tested, but not easily. Each valor award has a range with a known max value, if you are ever awarded more than the max you know you are getting a boost. I suspect if it's working it's calculated on the back end, so you may see 10 in the results window but actually get 12 valor added.

Like I said in the main thread though, the additional valor is minor unless the boost works on valor goals.

mikebarth1955
11-29-2012, 10:17 AM
I am interested in getting the 10th box to get the plus 20% valor unit, which of course will take gold. I have the gold, which I have had for a long time stock piled. But will the unit work, or is it another bs, non-working unit. Can anyone confirm if this type of unit has worked in the past?
It might also depend on where you are at in the game. If you have lots of valor missions ahead of you (and presuming it works), then it might. On the other hand, there will be other contests and boosts (presuming they work, again) that might make more sense.

@Mad, I sure hope you are right about the fixes going in with MW3.

And @mickymacirl, I hope the Gree folks are listening about the concept of cash boosts -- you are spot on about it being something you could really see right away.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-29-2012, 10:19 AM

If you ask me, none of this is worth anything.
I suggest you spend your money buying real gifts, eating real meals, drinking real alcohol, or doing real things.
Don't waste another dollar on this piece of garbage masquerading as a game.

King little fruit fly
11-29-2012, 06:33 PM
If you ask me, none of this is worth anything.
I suggest you spend your money buying real gifts, eating real meals, drinking real alcohol, or doing real things.
Don't waste another dollar on this piece of garbage masquerading as a game.

PJ, I see you are starting to regret your gold army. I get a nice giggling every time I picture Ferr looks at his inventory, and says to himself, "how did I get in this hole" :D

General Soviet
11-29-2012, 06:55 PM
It would matter on how much valor you recieve in a battle. For example, if you get 5 valor, you aren't going to get too much from your 20% bonus.

vaporeon
11-29-2012, 10:58 PM
The thing is we have no idea how much Valor we are getting so we can judge it.

Khimsoo
11-29-2012, 11:30 PM
1+ 20% of 1 = 1 (rounded). Can u see any difference? Maybe not everytime. No way to estimate how much valor u will receive and it's all random. So it shouldn't make much difference if u are targeting valor only.

Товарищ
11-30-2012, 12:37 PM
20% increase can be measured no problem, you just need enough statistics!
pre and after unit!
Like, total valor gained after 10 or 100 hits before, and then repeat this after.
The new sum should be approximately but clearly 120% of the old sum.

Or you remember the highest valor amount you could get before,like 7-8 for me and see if it increased by 1-2.

I know my "+2 valor from battles" Blue Bandit plane is working, but only attacking a players avatar is considered a "battle", buildings are considered raiding.

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-30-2012, 08:26 PM
No

No

No

No

No