PDA

View Full Version : End Of Event Result Correlation

SinSir
11-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Need one minute of your time.

Please submit your choice in the poll.

Need to see how well the pearl necklace event was for the forum.

Thanks.

TonySpaghetti
11-28-2012, 12:25 PM
What poll? It was horrible. With the exception of 2 "strings of pearls" and 300 useless RP points, all I got was BLNT.

Lucky4u
11-28-2012, 12:27 PM
That's why I don't play auction events!

AWP
11-28-2012, 12:33 PM
event will never end as long as my device not crash.... 14 so far

Bala82
11-28-2012, 12:34 PM
i got 13 but got 3 pimp low rider, 2 security shot gun and 3 trick razor

Dudebot121256
11-28-2012, 12:45 PM
My results are here:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42196-Jewelry-Box-event-Log-your-progress

Coco c
11-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Ended with 11. All I wanted was the explosive so I stopped trying when I got to 10 and only opened a few after I got it

SinSir
11-28-2012, 01:12 PM
The good thing about this event for me personally was the amount of failures I had were low.
I believe in the whole event twice I had a 3 streak failure, most events it goes all the way to 8+ failure streak.

I can never get bored of these events as long as the 20th weapon has 100/100 att/def the minimum.
Since they are now putting in more explosives in the events content, it does make it more fun.

dudeman
11-28-2012, 01:28 PM
The good thing about this event for me personally was the amount of failures I had were low.
I believe in the whole event twice I had a 3 streak failure, most events it goes all the way to 8+ failure streak.

I can never get bored of these events as long as the 20th weapon has 100/100 att/def the minimum.
Since they are now putting in more explosives in the events content, it does make it more fun.

I started that event with a very good open rate, one I would actually call "fair", but a not-so-good PN drop rate. Opens got nerfed for me with about two days to go, and then completely shut off for over a day until the event ended. :rolleyes:

SinSir
11-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Dudeman.

To be honest, I was using your progression as the measuring stick in the pearl event.

I've noticed you have good success on these events, even the old 10 events.

I checked your hood couple days back at the time I had just got 10 and you already had the switchblade in your melee.

So it must but a bit disappointing, you never reach at least 20 before the end.
I saw you received your settlers ship so there was something to smile about.

Olly1
11-28-2012, 01:38 PM
I started that event with a very good open rate, one I would actually call "fair", but a not-so-good PN drop rate. Opens got nerfed for me with about two days to go, and then completely shut off for over a day until the event ended. :rolleyes:

I feel your pain! I only joined in on the event as I had crazy amounts of boxes after the pvp event. Leader board events are too frustrating, plan on sitting out on all the next ones

dudeman
11-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Dudeman.

To be honest, I was using your progression as the measuring stick in the pearl event.

I've noticed you have good success on these events, even the old 10 events.

I checked your hood couple days back at the time I had just got 10 and you already had the switchblade in your melee.

So it must but a bit disappointing, you never reach at least 20 before the end.
I saw you received your settlers ship so there was something to smile about.

With the fair open rate I started with, even the low PN drop rate wouldn't have been a huge obstacle in reaching 20. I would likely have finished with 20+ if gree didn't shut down my opens completely.

I do 700+ fights every three days regardless of PvP tournament or not, so the ship was more of a "thanks for playing" prize. Still cool, but I didn't have to do squat to "earn" it.

When you do as many open attempts during box events as I usually do, the prize for 20 items should also be a "thanks for playing" prize. I mean, it's not like I expect a top 250 prize.

That was the third consecutive event where I failed to reach 20 items, possibly even the fourth.

The events are broken now anyways though. Timer stops when viewing event page, leaderboard does not load until I hit refresh, game fails to contact server to determine open attempt results, etc.

I don't know why they "fixed" it a few events back. It was working, even though I didn't always get to 20, but I guess Gree never heard the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

LongFingers
11-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Same good begining untill obtain 10, then lot of gifts and finally all blnt.
Ended with 14, all obtained with cash
Last 2 opens with the ending soon ... Same bad result too

sister morphine
11-28-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't normally get much more than five items, using a mix of cash and free opens. This time, with the haunted mansions I went all cash and got to 13 on sis m and 18 on sweet v, but my god it became a struggle after the first day and a half. I really wanted to hit the next tier though so resorted to a mix of gold and cash on the last day. I did make 15 and 20 though, so it was worth it. Ended up with about 100 unopened boxes on each hood.

Next time if the 250 reward is tempting enough, maybe I'll use gold at the start when the opening rate is better. We'll see.

erik41141
11-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Im doing something wrong cuz i failed an insane amount of times and only got 6. Open about 7-10 a day.

Ragmondino
11-28-2012, 03:02 PM
This event seemed to go backwards for me. I only had two necklace until yesterday, then got 11 in the last day and a half, finished on 13. I normally get at least 15 so was a bit disappointed. Seemed it was never connecting properly with the server so was giving me fails.

Kissnight
11-28-2012, 03:02 PM
End up with 15 just now.. Then Pad crash...

dudeman
11-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Open about 7-10 a day.

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2011/12/5/b009eb79-702e-4863-8fd9-225d0f43c64f.jpg

Sasha54
11-28-2012, 03:34 PM
It sucked - more than usual.....lol

minji976
11-28-2012, 04:11 PM
I started fine but on 2nd or 3rd day can't remember, it was 6 consec BLNT, then sporadical some low rewards, and then a few more consec BLNT. I ended up with only 1 pearl on that day. But then after I got 15 at last night, I got 4 in about 8 tries. Very unpredictable this time. Now that I'm at 19, 'm shooting for my 2nd ever 20th reward.

lordsagacity
11-28-2012, 04:25 PM
With the fair open rate I started with, even the low PN drop rate wouldn't have been a huge obstacle in reaching 20. I would likely have finished with 20+ if gree didn't shut down my opens completely.

I do 700+ fights every three days regardless of PvP tournament or not, so the ship was more of a "thanks for playing" prize. Still cool, but I didn't have to do squat to "earn" it.

When you do as many open attempts during box events as I usually do, the prize for 20 items should also be a "thanks for playing" prize. I mean, it's not like I expect a top 250 prize.

That was the third consecutive event where I failed to reach 20 items, possibly even the fourth.

The events are broken now anyways though. Timer stops when viewing event page, leaderboard does not load until I hit refresh, game fails to contact server to determine open attempt results, etc.

I don't know why they "fixed" it a few events back. It was working, even though I didn't always get to 20, but I guess Gree never heard the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

Do you notice that the item drop rate drops for cash opens in recent events? I'm a free player and used to have 20 or 19 when event ended. But in the last event (the most crappy one) and this one, I have only 14 and 16. Is it purely luck?

Doom837
11-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Had 19 for half a day. Used 15 gold and got # 20 at 2am. first time i got to 20. 75 atemps 49 Fails.

Derek Shane
11-28-2012, 08:29 PM
didnt even bother playing. as a new player, we dont have enough money to spend $2700 twenty different times when the rewards that pay out for the tens of thousands of dollars spent are not even worth it. to expensive to play these events as a new player.

SinSir
11-29-2012, 04:46 AM
Dudeman.

I see your point, I've noticed that as time progresses and the amount of event pieces increase.

The game has been setup to decrease the open success rate & the probability it being an event item the further you progress.

This don't seem fair, but by participating I'm/we're indirectly saying I'm/we're fine with the decrease open rates, so gree just makes it harder on the next event.
Next event expect far worst success.

Gree believe the only thanks that has any meaning is saying Thanks in 'GOLD' all other effort don't mean diddly squat.
Open a million boxes on cash, in grees eyes you're far less important then the one who spent gold.

As the poll has been outlining:

Gold will give you over 90% chance of getting to the minimum 20 pearl necklaces.
Cash will give you a very good chance not going above 15 pearl necklaces.
Free will give you a good chance of not going above 5 pearl necklaces.

The timer freezing when you check the remaining time was a bit a p take.
I think it was done purposely, obvious reason being getting people to misclick the gold button while the 1h counter in the final minutes.

I think Raggy mentioned it but this new problem of when you try opening a box, the server connection gets lost causing a min delay but a big fat fail.
I just assumed they were going to be pearl necklaces but the server realising this fact changes it to a fail (clever idea gree)

As from day 1 events were created for gold spenders benefit only.
So when a none gold player gets 20 it hurts gree, we need more none golders to get 20 next event.

Dudeman, the game was broken as none gold spenders were getting good end of event results so they have been fixing it since.
Once they get it perfected, that no free player should be able to get over 14 then the event for gree will be a success.

You're right at lvl 200 doing 1000 pvp within 3 days is not an issue as you're never going to go another level higher, so you'll be wasting your stamina by sitting doing nothing.
That does make the settlers ship quite an irrelevant prize at your level.

dudeman
11-29-2012, 06:33 AM
It's really weird that the game fails to contact the server sometimes. I have a collection synched with my wake up alarm, and if I want to keep it synched I leave CC open all night so I don't have to load it when my alarm goes off.

That's fine, no issue with that. However, during box events I don't leave my Modern Loft robbed/uncollected. Well, some desperate and/or obsessed individual loves robbing $4400-8800 from it, almost always about one hour before I wake up. I know this, so when events are over I try to collect the ML until it's robbed, and then leave it until next event.

So while an event is running I just assume the building has been robbed when I wake up. This means I refresh the rivals list, withdraw/deposit in the bank, PvE, all in an effort to send the server a wake up call before I make an open attempt.

What ALWAYS happens is, nothing. No news pops up so I make a full collection of $22k, and then try to open a box. This first box of the day always fails, and if I've been robbed (there's only the one building that CAN get robbed) I don't get to know about it. Until about 5 seconds after the box fails to open. That's when I get to see the news that I've been robbed.

It doesn't get any more obvious that the game is outright refusing to call the server for whatever reason. Why isn't the issue. It's just impossible to ignore the fact that Gree are running a carnival game. Everyone who spends money becomes an instant loser, regardless of what they walk away with. Wish I'd realized that sooner but you know, hindsight, 20/20, blah blah.

dads
11-29-2012, 09:54 AM
event will never end as long as my device not crash.... 14 so far

that sounds very much your exploiting the glitch.where you can keep openig the crates/boxes after the event has finished.

havent they fixed that yet?

You delted your post awp?

Lars
11-29-2012, 09:55 AM
20 without gold: really lucky on this one.

Between 5 and 10 it got a bit harder but then the success rate got better and better -- strange new experience. In fact, I did not even had my tries regular as on earlier event. I definitely won't complain here. :) Maybe it was a compensation for the previous event where I had 34 unsuccessful tries after item 14 ...

SinSir
11-29-2012, 10:14 AM
@dads

There has always been a fix its call 'Server Maintenance'
They done it in the past.

@Lar

Nice one, any chance you can add it to the poll.

Lars
11-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Nice one, any chance you can add it to the poll.

Already done -- I voted on the poll before posting.

SinSir
11-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Just that I voted for 20 without gold when I made the thread and it still has 1 vote.

Maybe you posted in the wrong option.

Anyways sweet.

Lars
11-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Just that I voted for 20 without gold when I made the thread and it still has 1 vote.

Oops, sorry, somehow my vote was not registered. (No wrong vote as I was able to vote again.) Congrats to you, too. :)

SinSir
11-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Ok Cool.

So compared to the jack-o-bomb event, this event was less none gold user friendly.

It seems if you spend a bit of gold, the chance of getting 20 are quite good.
An in game cash option player should expect around 11 from the event, anything higher than 18 is exceptional.
A free option player should expect no more than 5, anything higher in breaking the norm.

Noticed these event balance out as last one I did I got 11, this one 20 an average of 15.5 per event still above the free players average.

Next event new poll, hope everyone has a amazing weekend.

Dipstik
11-30-2012, 11:05 AM
New event upcoming? Anyone know?

dudeman
11-30-2012, 11:49 AM
New event upcoming? Anyone know?

No idea. If I had to guess, I'd say boss event starting anywhere from ~15 minutes to ~5:15:00 from now. Somewhere between noon and 5pm PST I would think.

Jekevoy
11-30-2012, 11:57 AM
That's a nice Gaussian curve right there, I don't care who you are.