PDA

View Full Version : Don't make pirates cry, Gambit!

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Gambit, pirates are a compassionate lot.

We don't want to see you hurt.

We don't want you to be unhappy.

We know you must be in pain, and long to return to play alongside the other players.

Therefore, we offer you a path to redemption.

We will tell you step, by step, just how you earn your freedom, freedom from our attacks.

We will lay it all out in plain view, so that everyone will know we're on the up and up.

Every time a pirate attacks, he cries.

We've shed many tears over you, Gambit.

In fact, Gambit, three pirates have told us they have sobbed and weeped over attacking you.

We aren't bullies, Gambit, and we believe in second chances and redemption.

So, step one, unblock all pirates.

You have 48 hours to accomplish this simple task.

After we have confirmed you have done as we requested, Gambit, your second step to redemption and freedom will be posted on your wall.

We'll also post it here, for the others to monitor us.

We want the world to see you are a man of your word, Gambit.

We want them to see how fair and compassionate pirates really are.

Please, don't make any pirates cry, Gambit.

Gambit, your road to redemption starts with you.

We're pulling for you, Gambit.

Gambit, help us, to help you!

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-27-2012, 08:27 PM
If Gambit is your pal, pass this along to him.

We want to help gambit return to the MW world of other players.

Ericinico
11-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Who's Gambit?

Gambit12
11-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Ticket already sent & waiting for support to unblock them. Sounds good PJ & Speed Ump and thanks a lot..!

CAPT.GIN
11-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Yes he's a cool guy pj, and he made a mistake and apologized for it... Lets give him another chance I already have, I'm sure ferr had to.

andy_xyz2004
11-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Everyone deserve a second chance, well, at least once

Jhenry02
11-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Wow lenient, once a thief always a thief

Gambit12
11-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Support just responded & my wall is now unblock for everyone...

King little fruit fly
11-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Who is the Gambit dude, please stand up?? :o

Товарищ
11-27-2012, 09:28 PM
What was it you did, Gambit?
Use a MW 3.0 beta glitch to get a unit in MW and got banned by GREE?

TBH, I have a quite low impression of you since you didn't want to support the boycott, and (almost) paraded around that you didn't support it.

That said, it would suck to truly regret a mistake and not be given a second chance!

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Support just responded & my wall is now unblock for everyone...

Some are able to post, others report the posts are disappearing.

Chop, chop, don't stop.

Don't make pirates cry.

iamnasty
11-27-2012, 11:14 PM
As everyone can see the Pirates are not bullies nor flex their golden army as some of the players claimed, they are cool.....

Cheers to The Pirates

Dhusagar
11-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Some are able to post, others report the posts are disappearing.

Chop, chop, don't stop.

Don't make pirates cry.

I wonder how long it is going to take people to realise that you have taken them out for a ride?

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-28-2012, 12:56 AM
I wonder how long it is going to take people to realise that you have taken them out for a ride?

If we weren't busy praying, helping feed the hungry, housing the homeless, and healing the sick I'd respond.

Pirates are doing the hard work of healing those that hurt in this game.

Won't you repent, too?

We love everyone.

Pirates believe in second chances.

We just want everyone to be happy.

iamnasty
11-28-2012, 01:38 AM

I wonder your statement based on what??
Is there any wrong with forget and forgive ??

People are very strange, if one has something against another, nor matter what another does, one will never be happy !!!
There are always @r$eh0les in practically everywhere, the only time one never encounter any @r$eh0le is when one is dead, till then i learned to ignore them !!!

cheers

Jhoemel
11-28-2012, 02:08 AM
Everyone deserves a second chance. All the good you done should not be overshadowed by one screw up

dthfrmabv
11-28-2012, 05:30 AM
While I do not condoned Gambit's action and anything similar to that... I have to agree that a second chance is in order. We all make mistakes - the aspect of humanity that makes us different from the rest of the animal kingdom is compassion and ability to forgive...

Harry Tuttle
11-28-2012, 05:32 AM
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Speed ump
11-28-2012, 06:05 AM
I don't..... What......who......yes, okay.

jay_usher
11-28-2012, 06:45 AM
How backwards! Boycotts used because Of hackers glitches bonuses not working nothing has changed yet they are still around! Then they help hackers! Befriend hackers and are stating that if ur a hacker ul get attacked a little ten will be fine! Practice what u preach! Just as bad as gree boycotters! Ur words are empty haha

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-28-2012, 07:05 AM
This is a very REVEALING thread.

You people lambast us because we have no heart.

The whiners came out of the woodwork when the court thread was started.

Now, there is an effort to offer a person (that you crybabies whined about him being attacked) to gain his game back.

And, here come the naysayers.

Frankly, we don't need your permission or your approval.

We're pleased to display your hypocrisy.

If Gambit complies with our terms, he'll get his game back as we offered.

The poll was placed here just to illustrate the hypocrisy of the sheeple.

Pirates don't seek your approval or your endorsement.

But, we're always OUTING miscreants and hypocrites!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Speed ump
11-28-2012, 07:22 AM
We still have players who are being blocked. Please unblock all players.

Speed ump
11-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Usher, I did not see you speak up when any of the rest went down, don't know why you bother now. Just makes you look like a troll.

Sugarymama
11-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Usher, I did not see you speak up when any of the rest went down, don't know why you bother now. Just makes you look like a troll.

Speed, explain your definition of a troll. I've read so many different ones since I started posting again, so I'm a little confused. It used to be more clear-cut. I thought trolls come onto various threads and try to throw off the topic, use profane language and offend people by making innapropriate comments, etc. Is a person a troll because they challenge someone? I didn't think so, but a couple of people have been called trolls and I must have missed the post where they behaved as one. I know there are people up here who will always say silly things and not make much sense. Are those trolls?

Poopenshire
11-28-2012, 07:33 AM
I could use an ally back if things improve. Plus that random questions thread always needs a hand.

Speed ump
11-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Sugar, trolls are many diff things. I suppose every member may have their own idea on that. In this case it just appears this one is against someone or something for spite, or just to be against it. The way he posted it was quite evident. State your case with being rude. You can still say what you mean. At no point in time have I tried to say anything rude to you in our discussions on a few different topics, yet I did make my thoughts and position clear.

Sugarymama
11-28-2012, 07:54 AM
@Speed. Got it. So it's really subjective. Someone could consider one a troll because the way he/she is responding directly to him, while someone else doesn't consider that person a troll because their interaction with that person hasn't been negative. Well, that can complicate things at times I guess.

Agreed, being rude is never acceptable. Just unnecessary.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-28-2012, 07:56 AM
My friend, you're a very wise man; and a very good friend.
I never post or respond to some of these sheeple.
Why?
They are trolls.
They don't seek information or explanation, they seek confrontation.
That said, don't waste your wisdom on idiots.
They only seek attention.
I prefer them to wallow in their ignominy.
After all, we all know pigs are happier wallowing in their own filth.
But, far be it from me to tell you (or anyone) what to do, sir.

Sugar, trolls are many diff things. I suppose every member may have their own idea on that. In this case it just appears this one is against someone or something for spite, or just to be against it. The way he posted it was quite evident. State your case with being rude. You can still say what you mean. At no point in time have I tried to say anything rude to you in our discussions on a few different topics, yet I did make my thoughts and position clear.

dthfrmabv
11-28-2012, 08:01 AM
I am not ashamed to admit that Gambit is a friend (forum and rl). His a good man albeit he made a grievous mistake. Again I do not condone his action.

The word hacker had and has been thrown around so freely in this forum - other than many senior members (excluding myslef) who truly understand the dynamics of the game. Sometimes a player who has an impressive stats is tagged and mislabeled as a hacker by a player who got attacked and lost (operative word LOST and please note by no means I am referencing to any players). Without discerning the true nature and caliber of the player, the wrongly tagged hacker monicker is tagged.

I stand by my friend to help him out at the time when he needs it most. I wish I was here when this happened and might had given him a good advice that could had avoided this. But nonetheless, a simple plea, although already in motion, to forgive and forgo his misdeed. I truly believe Gambit is not a hacker, he just made a decision that SHOULD HAD NOT BEEN MADE. He has atoned for his sins, paid terribly for it, and will have to earn the trust again for many of us.

Hope that he learned from his mistake!

Bronson
11-28-2012, 08:08 AM
"Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts."

My boy Charles ****ens taught me that.

Sugarymama
11-28-2012, 08:08 AM
@ Speed. Just sent you a PM. Another question for you...

Lt. Falcon
11-28-2012, 08:12 AM
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

never once heard that phrase, maybe he might have been confused with "fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me" Leave it to George "W" to screw up the saying. Also, um, um, um...never heard the word "um" used as much by any other president.

Speed ump
11-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Doth, I will describe his actions as hacking, and not as a glitch. To call it a glitch is to say something happened through no fault of his own. And it was not as simple as exploiting a glitch either. He was in a place he should never have been, gaining acces through certain methods. I define that as hacking. And he used it for a specific purpose. I would say that I know for a fact that several other good people were in contact with him before during and after he committed these actions, and at every point strongly recommended that he stop. Even after he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, he still did not heed the advice of many here in the forums who were only trying to help him out. He is contrite( so he claims) after he saw that we were not going to back down from our word. I'm fine with that if indeed he is truly a reformed man, and truly wishes to make amends. If he is able to follow our instructions, and prove to all that his words do apology are true and heartfelt, this time, then I, am and my team mates are fine with that. I think it was obvious to all that he was not before. He still will have a penance to pay, but something that will help to remind him of the consequences of his actions, without affecting his game. So we take it one step at a time, to see of he will follow through with his words to make amends so that he has a road back to being a part of the community. Any damage he has done to his credibility and relationships with members he will have to work out on his own with each member. Not everyone forgives, AND forgets so easily. It takes time to see if a person is truly reformed.

Thief
11-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Wow lenient, once a thief always a thief

Haven't you ever heard of the Thieves Code? ;) A Thief is an Honorable Profession and while we might hide in the Shadow of the night....we never resort to Methods of Exploitation or Cheating.

I believe the word you were looking for was Hack? :P

Anyways i have mixed feelings to be honest. I Despise Cheaters and since i've been hit by quite a few hackers in this game it doesn't sit well with me. On the other hand i think Gambit is a pretty nice guy on the forums and i don't necessarily want to see him Vanish for his actions. I'm assuming at this point that his army has been severly hampered and it will take a while for him to recover? I also have a feeling that he would never get away with it again. Maybe a second chance is in order?

mxz
11-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Doth, I will describe his actions as hacking, and not as a glitch. To call it a glitch is to say something happened through no fault of his own. And it was not as simple as exploiting a glitch either. He was in a place he should never have been, gaining acces through certain methods. I define that as hacking. And he used it for a specific purpose. I would say that I know for a fact that several other good people were in contact with him before during and after he committed these actions, and at every point strongly recommended that he stop. Even after he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, he still did not heed the advice of many here in the forums who were only trying to help him out. He is contrite( so he claims) after he saw that we were not going to back down from our word. I'm fine with that if indeed he is truly a reformed man, and truly wishes to make amends. If he is able to follow our instructions, and prove to all that his words do apology are true and heartfelt, this time, then I, am and my team mates are fine with that. I think it was obvious to all that he was not before. He still will have a penance to pay, but something that will help to remind him of the consequences of his actions, without affecting his game. So we take it one step at a time, to see of he will follow through with his words to make amends so that he has a road back to being a part of the community. Any damage he has done to his credibility and relationships with members he will have to work out on his own with each member. Not everyone forgives, AND forgets so easily. It takes time to see if a person is truly reformed.I agree with this except the term "hacking". What he did was cheat and exploit since he only used the client (from what I understand).

My definition of hacker would only include people who modify parameters on the client or in the communications chain using 3rd party applications/tools. Don't get me wrong, hackers are still cheaters (as is Gambit), but what he did was not hacking so much as immorally exploiting something he shouldn't have. It's a fundamental difference that really doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things, but, for semantic reasons, I agree with doth's implications that a cheater doesn't necessarily have to "hack" the game to cheat.

dthfrmabv
11-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Doth, I will describe his actions as hacking, and not as a glitch. To call it a glitch is to say something happened through no fault of his own. And it was not as simple as exploiting a glitch either. He was in a place he should never have been, gaining acces through certain methods. I define that as hacking. And he used it for a specific purpose. I would say that I know for a fact that several other good people were in contact with him before during and after he committed these actions, and at every point strongly recommended that he stop. Even after he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, he still did not heed the advice of many here in the forums who were only trying to help him out. He is contrite( so he claims) after he saw that we were not going to back down from our word. I'm fine with that if indeed he is truly a reformed man, and truly wishes to make amends. If he is able to follow our instructions, and prove to all that his words do apology are true and heartfelt, this time, then I, am and my team mates are fine with that. I think it was obvious to all that he was not before. He still will have a penance to pay, but something that will help to remind him of the consequences of his actions, without affecting his game. So we take it one step at a time, to see of he will follow through with his words to make amends so that he has a road back to being a part of the community. Any damage he has done to his credibility and relationships with members he will have to work out on his own with each member. Not everyone forgives, AND forgets so easily. It takes time to see if a person is truly reformed.

@speed - I have only gotten the basic information (an not all of it) and had spoken to him in person as soon as I can about this (though for a very brief conversation). I have no doubt that he needs to gain the trust and confidence of everyone, and like any misdeeds will have to pay the penance for it. He may be my friend but you are right to say "something that will help to remind him of the consequences of his actions". Sorry is not enough that I had learned in my own experience and that one must carry the burden of one's mistake as act of self-abasement and reformation! And ultimately as form of humility.

Now having gotten additional information, I understand and in agreement with the things you had said.

dthfrmabv
11-28-2012, 09:02 AM
I agree with this except the term "hacking". What he did was cheat and exploit since he only used the client (from what I understand).

My definition of hacker would only include people who modify parameters on the client or in the communications chain using 3rd party applications/tools. Don't get me wrong, hackers are still cheaters (as is Gambit), but what he did was not hacking so much as immorally exploiting something he shouldn't have. It's a fundamental difference that really doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things, but, for semantic reasons, I agree with doth's implications that a cheater doesn't necessarily have to "hack" the game to cheat.

While I have my view on what "hacking" is and is not. In further retrospect after my post, Speed's comment on the fact "He was in a place he should never have been, gaining acces through certain methods." makes me contemplate further on this subject. I see Speed's point of view.

And I do agree with you that regardless of what we call it - exploitation, glitch, manipulation, or hacking at the very end it is an immoral exploitation of the system - in other words cheating.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-28-2012, 09:24 AM
He did something inappropriate, call it what you wish.
He then used his purloined goods (twice) to attack innocent pirates.
We are willing to allow him to make amends with us.
If others wish to punish him, that's your choice.
This is his first step.
We will inform him of the subsequent steps, after he has accomplished the first step.
We will monitor him, to ensure his continued compliance with our road to redemption.
Others might employ additional methods, that is up to them.
He's almost mastered step one.
Step two will be announced as soon as we confirm his compliance with step one.
We will continue to inflict our original punishment, until he has complied with the road to redemption.
We say what we mean.
We mean what we say.

Dhusagar
11-28-2012, 09:25 AM
If we weren't busy praying, helping feed the hungry, housing the homeless, and healing the sick I'd respond.

Pirates are doing the hard work of healing those that hurt in this game.

Won't you repent, too?

We love everyone.

Pirates believe in second chances.

We just want everyone to be happy.

This - coupled with the numerous other differential posts made, just lead me to suspect that the Rev. Jim Jones may not be dead after all.

Crime City Mark
11-28-2012, 11:46 AM
This is a violation of the harassment guidelines.