PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-27-2012, 07:52 PM
HI

I have 112 employees and am thinking about doing something, but I work in the corporate world and it
would be looked down upon.. would have HR, and LP ... asking me why. (We have 126 stores)

I have an outstanding entry level manager who has worked for me twice, in two different roles as a
department manager..... He/She has two small children, and is happily married.

The employee has the ability, attitude, drive, and will eventually have my position at one of our
locations. He/ She is exceptional, and unfortunately I am probably too close to him / her.

I want them to have a good xmas, and want to get them a gift card to a major retailer to cover
the kids xmas, the dinner, etc. I know it would be appreciated.

Would not be something I could give to them and have anyone know about it.

Thoughts?

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-27-2012, 07:55 PM
You are free to send anyone any amount of cash using the US Mail, or through a private messenger service.

No one need know who sent it.

Heck, you can have a third party hand her an envelope filled with $100 bills.

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Messanger service for the perfect insulation

Thanks Dude..

Jhenry02
11-27-2012, 08:40 PM
If they have dropped any hints on something but it via amazon and it will come anonymously. Also I think you can do amazon gift cards anonymously as well. Via email

King little fruit fly
11-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Do what I did, Monkey, just send some flowers along with the $500 gift card over to her place with the notice says it is from a secret admirer. ;)

Dry
11-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Blowup dolls

Vballmadam
11-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Leave it in an envelop on his/her desk!
Slip it under their door when he/she is at work!
Tell him/her that someone delvered this to him/her when he/she was at lunch!
Hire Santa to deliver it to her home or at work!

Poopenshire
11-28-2012, 04:08 AM
In the past I used Amex gift checks becuase they are easy to get and spend with no fees. They are also anonymous. At peak O woild have 96 employees amd requesting them too some time so I would start doing it in October. I think the max denomination is 100 dollars local currancy but I used to issue a minimum of 1 per person and add more for extra performance. The highest I went was 4 gift checks. I would distribute them by jand at group dinner or safety meeting when I knew it would only be my team present.

chimera69
11-28-2012, 04:30 AM
Of course, you need to do it in such a way that he/she doesn't think you're a creepy, anonymous stalker. Not saying that you are whatsoever. But, if that person gets a big gift card out of the blue & no one around gets anything, it could potentially be misconstrued. Not sure what the best way around it would be, though.

Ramshutu
11-28-2012, 04:36 AM
Be careful. Its a nice idea, but doing this under the radar like this can get you in trouble. I would have a conversation with your hr person. Unless they are completely psycho they'd understand and probably let you get on with it.

You need to be sure your are doing this for sound business reasons rather than personal attachment. If it is the latter you are in very choppy water with a number of different ways things could work out badly for you and them. All it takes is one word from them to someone else and things start getting out of control.

Vballmadam
11-28-2012, 06:20 AM
If it is trully anonymous...how would they ever find out? Each Christmas I choose a person or family that I come across in need that I choose to bless. Only the man above knows where it came from. Some I know and some I'll never see again but my heart rejoices knowing that somebody is a little happier if only for one day!

I recommend this Christmas or any day of the year you try it!

Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay
Love isn't love til you give it away!

marebear
11-28-2012, 07:13 AM
That is sweet of you vballmadam. Very generous. I'm sure the families are very thankful for your generosity.

Vballmadam
11-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks Marebear...I think I get more out of it than they do!
I know that you are a wonderful giver as well! I'll never tell!

marebear
11-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks Marebear...I think I get more out of it than they do! I know that you are a wonderful giver as well! I'll never tell!;) shhhhhh

Tanner
11-28-2012, 01:09 PM
More threads like this.

GIJOE
11-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay
Love isn't love til you give it away!
wow..that's amazing!! Very nice vb.

Fl@sh
11-28-2012, 01:26 PM
HI

I have 112 employees and am thinking about doing something, but I work in the corporate world and it
would be looked down upon.. would have HR, and LP ... asking me why. (We have 126 stores)

I have an outstanding entry level manager who has worked for me twice, in two different roles as a
department manager..... He/She has two small children, and is happily married.

The employee has the ability, attitude, drive, and will eventually have my position at one of our
locations. He/ She is exceptional, and unfortunately I am probably too close to him / her.

I want them to have a good xmas, and want to get them a gift card to a major retailer to cover
the kids xmas, the dinner, etc. I know it would be appreciated.

Would not be something I could give to them and have anyone know about it.

Thoughts?He/She should be promoted out of entry level manager. It's a gift that keeps on giving throughout the year.

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Ramshutu

I think U understand better than the rest and see my concerns

TonySpaghetti
11-28-2012, 05:55 PM
You might want to start by figuring out his/her gender first.

Xjarhead
11-28-2012, 09:22 PM
As long as your doing it, not the company ( you mentioned hr/LP ). You still need to be in cognitio as a mgr. personally I enjoy giving or doing and they not know why or from who.. That is just me. Kudos on being an aware selfless employer not many around these days

Vballmadam
11-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks GIJoe!

Harry Tuttle
11-29-2012, 04:42 AM
You might want to start by figuring out his/her gender first.
HEY! Get back to your own side of the tracks! Who do you think you are? Santa?

TonySpaghetti
11-29-2012, 10:52 AM
HEY! Get back to your own side of the tracks! Who do you think you are? Santa?

LMAO. Have fun reading that email I sent you. Set a couple of hours aside for it. I wrote a book. Lol

MonkeyPuppy2012
01-18-2013, 06:11 PM
I had Fedex deliver a package to her home with $350 and a generic card... totally anonomous

DuncanBAF
03-29-2013, 01:51 AM
Another random post.

stalkgamers (officer)
09-16-2013, 08:29 PM
I vote what that guy said