PDA

View Full Version : Why do I lose more of my lower rate casualty units rather then my high casualty rate

XxGNUTxX
11-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Hello everyone I new to the forms and this might a noob question I want konw why I seem to lose way more of my low casualty rate units like seahawk helicopter,chinook heilcopter, combat boat and very rarely lose units like light gunner, scout, ranger with a high casualty rate?

Thanks

albeezy
11-27-2012, 02:27 PM
That is a great quetion! Here is a poor answer. A little birdy once told me it is all luck and math.

Fun
11-27-2012, 02:44 PM
It's all just luck, or in your case lack of.

Mad
11-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Here is my theory on what happens.

Every unit has casualty rate. The lower the unit's casualty number the less chance there is of losing that unit. For example, the Aircraft Carrier A27 D46 has a casualty rate of .07% and the Stealth Surveillance Drone A8 D30 has a casualty rate of .11%. This means the SSD is more suceptible to loss than the Air Craft Carrier. Gold units basically have a casualty rate of 0, so they can't be destroyed.

At the high casualty rate end of the scale is the Demolitions expert A20 D7 at 4.22%.

So when we go to battle somehow these casualty rates come into play.

If you go against an opponent of equal or greater strength you will lose more units and better units than when you fight weaker opponents. (This means you could even win but still lose units, because you fought a strong player. Winning or losing is irrelevant.)

What happens I believe through a series of calculations, MW determines after you have fought a strong opponent that you will lose two units of .06% casualty rate or higher. This means that every unit from the Aircraft carrier and above can be lost.

If you go against an opponent who is just a bit weaker than you (but still reasonably strong), MW may determine that you will lose two units .10% casualty rate and higher. This means your aircraft carriers won't be lost, but the SSD are still suceptible.

If you go against a really weak opponent, it may set the casualty rate so high -- say 5.00% and higher -- than no units will be lost. Even your Demolitions are safe because they have a casualty rate of 4.20%.

This is how the infirmary comes into play. It lowers the casualty rate of all your units. For example if you have a level ten infirmary it reduces your casualty rate of all units by 20%. Using my first example, if MW determined that you will lose 2 units of .06% and higher, a ten level infirmary would reduce your Aircraft carrier from .07% to .054% casualty rate. This means the Aircraft carrier will not be destroyed. However, two other units will still be lost, just higher up the ladder such as SSDs. You still lose the same number of units, but still an improvement as most people would prefer losing SSDs ($550 K) over two aircraft carriers worth $5 million.

Minister Timothy
11-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I asked that same question. This is my response:

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for the message. Each unit has a specific casualty rate that determines how often they are lost in battle. Units can still be lost in battle regardless of the results of the battle. This means that even if your units are far stronger than the opponents, they can still be lost in battle. If you have any other questions, please to respond and I will try to answer them for me for you.

Regards,

Viet

Timothy, Nov 20 13:02 (PST):
Describe the issue here...
When attacking someone who has under 200 units and the attacker is using 2000 units does the computer take into account the strength difference when calculating casualties? If the person who has 200 units uses 40 indestructible units and loses no units but the person who has 2000 units uses 450 indestructible units but loses 5 powerful low casualty valor units or in game cash units, yet wins the battle, is the system able to calculate real situational outcomes? Or does it base it only on random results? There is no casualty glitch here because casualties appear, just on the wrong side.

Товарищ
11-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Hello everyone I new to the forms and this might a noob question I want konw why I seem to lose way more of my low casualty rate units like seahawk helicopter,chinook heilcopter, combat boat and very rarely lose units like light gunner, scout, ranger with a high casualty rate?

Thanks

How many allies do you have?
That number times 4 determines how many units you bring to battle.
(effective ally count is 5x your lvl I think)
Only that amount of your strongest attack units are picked for attack.
The weakest ones might not even be included, hence never die.

@Mad & OP:
My explanation from another thread:

It has been officially stated that the target's A/D stats don't affect the casualty rate.
I don't know if anything else with the target affects casualty rates, I'm guessing the system is simple enough to not. So all attacks are equal.

If I understand correctly, the "consumption rate" is a probability to die each "use".
0.015 means 1.5% to die, or 15 deaths in a 1000 attacks.
So every attack there's a 1 - 0.015 = 0.985 = 98.5% chance that unit survives.
If you have two of them, it's first 0.985 for the first to survive (not die), then another 0.985 for the second, so 0.985 * 0.985 = 0.985^2.
For N such units the probability of losing NONE is 0.985^N.
So the prob to lose ANY (1 to all) is 1 - 0.985^N, which for 10 becomes 14% and for 100 is 78%
If you do M attacks the prob to lose NONE is (0.985^N)^M, likewise to lose ANY is 1 - (0.985^N)^M; so 5 attacks with 10 units is 53% to lose at least 1.

The conclusion is that the more unit's you "use" the higher the risk that any of them will die. Which is why I want to keep my allies down...!

Minister Timothy
11-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Wait! I have more.

If you have not already done so, please check out our in-app FAQs found under the help section. Also, check out our forums at http://www.funzio.com/forum/forum.php. Many senior members of our forums have been playing our games for quite some time. Their insights, tips, and "how-to's" can be extremely helpful.
Hey Timothy,

Thanks for the inquiry, and we will be glad to explain what is going on there. First some background. There are a limited number of units that you can bring to battle: for every level of your character, 5 allies can join you in battle if you have them, to a max of 500 at level 100. For each of those allies, you can bring 4 units to battle.

Here's the thing: if all or most of those units are low casualty, you will still lose some. When looking at casualties after a battle, the game does not consider units you aren't using. So for example, if you can bring 500 units to battle, and have 500 low casualty powerful units and 1000 less powerful units that are high casualty, you're going to lose the low casualty ones because those are the ones you are using.

Regards,

Team Gree

Minister Timothy
11-27-2012, 05:19 PM
I hope this helps you. Sarcasm...

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Could it be that no one ever suffers losses?
We have been told that our boosts are invisible, right?
Couldn't we only THINK we have losses?
Maybe the losses are imaginary and you're really gaining, not losing?
After all, we're playing a Gree run game.

Ericinico
11-27-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't PVP anymore because I lose all my units, high or low.

XxGNUTxX
11-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the feed back

albeezy
11-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Could it be that no one ever suffers losses?
We have been told that our boosts are invisible, right?
Couldn't we only THINK we have losses?
Maybe the losses are imaginary and you're really gaining, not losing?
After all, we're playing a Gree run game.

With all the storms and wind lately I have noticed a few of my birds have gone missing...
http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/17/56/93/28/pictur15.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=116&u=17569328)

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-28-2012, 12:59 PM
With all the storms and wind lately I have noticed a few of my birds have gone missing...
http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/17/56/93/28/pictur15.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=116&u=17569328)

I can't believe my eyes.
I never thought He would be doing that.

albeezy
11-28-2012, 01:08 PM
I can't believe my eyes.
I never thought He would be doing that.
I know, he's supposed to be boycotting until the no-casualty glitch was fixed, all boosts were visible, and all ingame products are reduced in price by 66%.

Some people just don't live up to expectations. its a sham, I mean shame stuff like this happens.

manbeast
11-28-2012, 01:33 PM

Thanks
1. "low" "medium" "high" casualty rates really don't mean much. you have to look at the real casualty rates:
seahawk heli-.68%
chinook-1/27%
combat boat-.32%

these are all pretty terrible casualty rates. that is why they are dieing.
2. scouts and light gunners probably dont ever die because you aren't using them anymore. only your best units will be taken to battle.

manbeast
11-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I know, he's supposed to be boycotting until the no-casualty glitch was fixed, all boosts were visible, and all ingame products are reduced in price by 66%.

Some people just don't live up to expectations. its a sham, I mean shame stuff like this happens.

who is nino jesus?