PDA

View Full Version : Another feature suggestion..

Lonestoner
11-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Ever been looking through your rivals list endlessly to find someone around your mafia number or lower (or at least not 100+ mafia higher), to finally find the "good" rivals list with them, just to have it auto-refreshed after going to one or two of their hoods? Pretty frustrating, indeed.

What about an option to disable the auto-refreshing of the rivals list? A simple On/Off click would do the job..

I know this wouldn't affect people with over 500 mafia as much, since you won't be seeing many people below 500 the higher you go, but it would help the people that aren't ready to get 500 mafia yet be able to attack people more consistently.. Sometimes I search through 5+ rivals lists before I find anyone even close to my mafia, and while that may seem trivial, realize that I'm on android where every game function takes 5x as long as iOS versions do.. Occasionally I'll get a "good" list where I can go to multiple people's hoods from the same list, but it almost always refreshes before I can make it to the 4th person's hood from that list (and that's typically just checking their stats and reopening the rivals list; not robbing or attacking).

Let me know what you think..

sexkitteh
11-26-2012, 11:23 AM
You know what would be better???? If they only show rivals you can beat! lmao... :rolleyes:

DenZ1
11-26-2012, 11:24 AM
It's not a good feature man. Sorry. If you can block auto-refresh list you can find specific player and hit him over and over endlessly .
Most players won't like this idea. Lipo and Burn might :)

nopenopenope
11-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Quite simple really, lower your own mafia to see those with lower mafia...

Lonestoner
11-26-2012, 11:32 AM
You know what would be better???? If they only show rivals you can beat! lmao... :rolleyes:

Yea really! It almost used to be like that before they widened the brackets a bit.. :p

It's not a good feature man. Sorry. If you can block auto-refresh list you can find specific player and hit him over and over endlessly .
Most players won't like this idea. Lipo and Burn might :)

I thought people disappeared off the rivals list when they couldn't be attacked anymore? Either way, the way it is now, I think you can still keep the page up as long as you don't go to any other hoods. You can also refresh an infinite number of times, so if you're looking for someone, you'll eventually find them. The 2 hour cooldown and buildings only being able to be robbed 2x each also stop people from hitting the same person over and over again.

Imo, take care of all your business the first time you go to someone's hood so you don't have to go looking for them again. I'm not really a vengeful person, so I don't stalk people like some of the creepers on here do. I'm just failing to see how people could be camped more by this..

dudeman
11-26-2012, 11:37 AM
The list auto refreshes because Gree wants you to forget about stats and just blind attack. This way you might give a link to a big spender who then proceeds to kick your ass for as long as they feel like it.

Or until you spend enough to beat the other big spenders.

Also, changes and "improvements" have almost never favoured the players of this game. Most of the time, changes involve nerfing something.

Deluxe
11-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Yah dont expect CCM to see this and have a light bulb go off...hes too busy disappearing for weeks before he comes back to lock the occasional pointless thread. Hows that dst car coming along CCM? Cant wait to hear back...ill hold my breath big guy.

Lonestoner
11-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Quite simple really, lower your own mafia to see those with lower mafia...

I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but, if you aren't, I think you're failing to understand the issue here.. :p

No matter how low you go, you'll always see people higher than you, and lower than you on the rivals lists.. I tend to see people higher than me, usually much higher than me more often than I see people with similar mafia amounts or lower.

Now, if I'm sitting at 175 mafia, more often than not I bring up lists with 250-325 mafia on them. I understand this is implemented to widen the brackets to add more rivals to potentially fight, but it doesn't help a lot when there's not much you can do to someone with 150 higher effective mafia than you have. I don't get to see people with 25 mafia, so why would I need to see people with 325? If the brackets were the same, up and down, that may help a bit, but that's not the case. When I was at 175 mafia, I could see people up to ~335 mafia, but only down to ~115 or so. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Good point dudeman, I keep forgetting to put the $$$ spin on certain aspects of the game before I think about ways to remedy them.. If I can train myself to remember that everything about this game is geared towards spending money on it, I'll probably have a much less frustrating time in my stay here.. :)

Deluxe also has a completely valid point as well, though my last "chatbox" suggestion got responded to pretty quickly by him, so I was hoping he'd lend an eye to this one as well, just to see if it had ever been considered or not.. :p

dudeman
11-26-2012, 11:47 AM
I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but, if you aren't, I think you're failing to understand the issue here.. :p

No matter how low you go, you'll always see people higher than you, and lower than you on the rivals lists.. I tend to see people higher than me, usually much higher than me more often than I see people with similar mafia amounts or lower.

Now, if I'm sitting at 175 mafia, more often than not I bring up lists with 250-325 mafia on them. I understand this is implemented to widen the brackets to add more rivals to potentially fight, but it doesn't help a lot when there's not much you can do to someone with 150 higher effective mafia than you have. I don't get to see people with 25 mafia, so why would I need to see people with 325? If the brackets were the same, up and down, that may help a bit, but that's not the case. When I was at 175 mafia, I could see people up to ~335 mafia, but only down to ~115 or so. That doesn't make much sense to me.

The list likes to show you stronger rivals to help you realize that you're not spending enough.

sexkitteh
11-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Yah dont expect CCM to see this and have a light bulb go off...hes too busy disappearing for weeks before he comes back to lock the occasional pointless thread. Hows that dst car coming along CCM? Cant wait to hear back...ill hold my breath big guy.

I think you are forgeting CCM's actual job :rolleyes:

He's not a forum mod... and his job most def don't revolve around this forum lol

Deluxe
11-26-2012, 12:33 PM

He's not a forum mod... and his job most def don't revolve around this forum lol

I think you are forgetting that it is someone's job to do that and seeing as ccm started the thread about the dst car it became his job. If its not his job to be on here then he should bug off about locking threads too.

dudeman
11-26-2012, 01:02 PM

You're right, he's not a forum mod, he's a "community manager". Which pretty much makes him the boss of the forum mods, and more.

nopenopenope
11-26-2012, 01:04 PM
The list likes to show you stronger rivals to help you realize that you're not spending enough.

Agreed. Clearly OP isn't spending enough money on henchmen.

Lonestoner
11-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Agreed. Clearly OP isn't spending enough money on henchmen.

Definitely! Plus I love getting them out of event boxes instead of actual event items. So much more useful than worrying about getting that 10th or 20th event item you've been trying to get for days!