PDA

View Full Version : Confirm gold spending

Andrei2904
11-26-2012, 04:50 AM
We really need a confirm button, why is it so hard? is it that good to you GREE(d) to earn money spend by people by mistake?

Chosen Pessimist
11-26-2012, 05:11 AM
I misclicked and spent 191 gold to "upgrade now" I reported it and they at least refunded 150 of it. I was content with that but also in the report I posted

ADD GOLD USAGE CONFIRMATION BUTTONS: then you can all keep being lazy and not have to respond to people like me=}

PawnXIIX
11-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Should be added in by 2027, hopefully.

skippy
11-26-2012, 07:54 AM
my 3 year old figured out how to unlock my phone and spend gold. luckily it was refunded. there really needs to be a confirm button.

dads
11-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Lolz I would of thought they would off "lost your ticket" in a lazy fashion ;)
It was one off the top things if I rem right in that "poll giveaway event" they ran about two mths ago.
Why run it & not bother to implemet what pps wanted is well daft no other word for it really,just annoys players & why a company would not want to change things that annoy their customers is not a good idea unless they know they can do what they want & you will keep buying.

PawnXIIX
11-26-2012, 08:18 AM
It's not that they're not listening, it's just that they're busy with lots of other games :/ They just don't have time for us :(

DenZ1
11-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Yeah.. what's up with that? :)

How difficult its for Gree to put a popup:
"Confirmed! You have spent XXX gold"...

Geez... These guys are lazy :)

Dudebot121256
11-26-2012, 12:16 PM
I agree, I've sent in at least 2 tickets because I kept clicking a gold purchase from lag. Even the ticket responder told me to pay more attention because they can't keep undo-ing the purchases :p

mxz
11-26-2012, 12:21 PM
I agree, I've sent in at least 2 tickets because I kept clicking a gold purchase from lag. Even the ticket responder told me to pay more attention because they can't keep undo-ing the purchases :pYou'd think instead of complaining to you they could casually mention to the engineers or program manager that they're swamped with tickets of accidental purchases. Maybe wonder aloud if it would be easier for the engineers to spend a few hours coding in a mechanism to curb misclicks than for support to continually respond to all the tickets.

I don't have the numbers, but seeing as how they have confirm buttons for in-game cash purchases, I'm pretty sure the business case of (maybe) 2 engineering hours makes sense up against X support hours.

kykboxr
11-26-2012, 12:33 PM
You'd think instead of complaining to you they could casually mention to the engineers or program manager that they're swamped with tickets of accidental purchases. Maybe wonder aloud if it would be easier for the engineers to spend a few hours coding in a mechanism to curb misclicks than for support to continually respond to all the tickets.

I don't have the numbers, but seeing as how they have confirm buttons for in-game cash purchases, I'm pretty sure the business case of (maybe) 2 engineering hours makes sense up against X support hours.

You are wise beyond your years

Deluxe
11-26-2012, 12:34 PM
You are wise beyond your years

What if he was like 75, would you still say that?

kykboxr
11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Probably would. He has a wealth of knowledge and is witty. It's hard to find such characteristics these days. However, if he was 77, I probably wouldn't say that

Deluxe
11-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Probably would. He has a wealth of knowledge and is witty. It's hard to find such characteristics these days. However, if he was 77, I probably wouldn't say that

Then we would tell him he stinks due to a leaky bum and needs to wear a diaper...

kykboxr
11-26-2012, 01:46 PM
They call it depends, but I'd most likely refrain from such comments as well all be there some day.

Ramshutu
11-26-2012, 01:51 PM
You'd think instead of complaining to you they could casually mention to the engineers or program manager that they're swamped with tickets of accidental purchases. Maybe wonder aloud if it would be easier for the engineers to spend a few hours coding in a mechanism to curb misclicks than for support to continually respond to all the tickets.

If( messagebox::confirm("are you sure you want to spend %d gold on %s") != messagebox::yes )
return;

They don't even have to do the work now.

Olly1
11-26-2012, 02:06 PM
If( messagebox::confirm("are you sure you want to spend %d gold on %s") != messagebox::yes )
return;

They don't even have to do the work now.

Bingo.

Gree pay engineers a wage, that's a set cost almost regardless of how many tickets they have. More tickets means a backlog of work, not a bump in costs to resolve those tickets

Accidental purchases make them extra money. Tickets resolving the gold people actually request back is unlikely to cost them. Yeah, people request the gold back sometimes but not all the time. I've used gold by mistake shed loads and only requested it back a tiny amount of those. They're not going to change something that makes them richer

As Ram has shown, it's not rocket science to implement a gold confirm button

dudeman
11-26-2012, 02:11 PM
This has been an "issue" (for the players, not for Gree) for well over a year. And when Gree releases new games, they STILL don't implement a confirmation for sending gems/gold.

Just don't buy gold and you'll never have to worry about it. :cool:

Olly1
11-26-2012, 02:14 PM

Well that's just a silly idea. If we don't blow our money here we'll have to waste it on families and food and other unimportant stuff...

nopenopenope
11-26-2012, 02:55 PM

You do realize that for every 5 users sending in tickets for gold mis-clicks there are probably 15 others who don't...

Misclick revenue > Implemented confirmation & subsequent revenue loss

Dipstik
11-26-2012, 02:59 PM

I've sent in 3 tickets for gold refunds, and I've never bought gold. I think I'm even more possessive of my tapjoy gold. I worked harder for it!

Kissnight
11-26-2012, 03:10 PM
I've sent in 3 tickets for gold refunds, and I've never bought gold. I think I'm even more possessive of my tapjoy gold. I worked harder for it!
Me too. But I sent tickets for refund in a regular basis.
It do save time for my upgrading.
Who cares if I am misclick or click click .

dudeman
11-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Me too. But I sent tickets for refund in a regular basis.
It do save time for my upgrading.
Who cares if I am misclick or click click .

So.... You're intentionally spending gold and then sending a ticket to get a refund for spending it by accident?

I wonder how long until support is told to stop doing refunds because people are abusing the system.

Kissnight
11-26-2012, 03:20 PM
So.... You're intentionally spending gold and then sending a ticket to get a refund for spending it by accident?

I wonder how long until support is told to stop doing refunds because people are abusing the system.
Did I just say ......hmmmmm. I just sayin, I have a bad habit, I love to tap my screen twice in a very short time.
Sorry to bother the support staff, but I can't change my bad habit.

Olly1
11-26-2012, 03:28 PM

Going back a few months but there was a thread where someone basically admitted they sent in refund requests even when they intentionally used gold. CCM picked up on the thread and said he was going to watch out for phoney requests and clamp down on it all. I think there was a short period where some people got refused refunds but I'm pretty sure that's all been forgotten about now. Err....forgotten until i just said that

mxz
11-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Probably would. He has a wealth of knowledge and is witty. It's hard to find such characteristics these days. However, if he was 77, I probably wouldn't say thatThanks for thinking I'm under 77!
I've sent in 3 tickets for gold refunds, and I've never bought gold. I think I'm even more possessive of my tapjoy gold. I worked harder for it!So if you accidentally spent AMM gold - WWYD?

procsyzarc
11-26-2012, 05:34 PM
It is intentionally not implemented. Yes it would be easy to add but until cost of answering ticket is greater than revenue from people who don’t bother ticketing it they will not change it. Do you really think it is anything other than intentional that they set the screens up in a way that a double click or lag will use gold?

There is only one way it will ever get added and that is if every single person who miss clicks sends in a ticket every single time so it becomes more of a hassle than the revenue it raises is worth, but this will never happen.

Dipstik
11-26-2012, 05:56 PM
So if you accidentally spent AMM gold - WWYD?

I have no idea what amm means

Tomatoneverdie
11-26-2012, 05:58 PM
I always mess up on the double tap when I am sleep deprived, and because of this game, I'm always sleep deprived....add the darn gold confirmation, Gree, it's annoying to accidentally spend gold on the building upgrade and have to figure out how much you spent before sending in a ticket....

mxz
11-26-2012, 06:05 PM
I have no idea what amm meansAdd Me Monday

PawnXIIX
11-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Add Me Monday

You mean Add me Month?