PDA

View Full Version : Explosives Question!

swood
11-25-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm level 73, 500 mafia, attack 14203, defense 18597

And this guy lore keeps robbing me with:
72, 411 mafia, attack 12720, defense 13459

I'm constantly purchasing and upgrading Gatling Turrets, so it's really annoying that every time i log in he's robbed all my buildings. I don't have much in the way of money as i've just bought a Crematorium.

My question is, do explosives make that much of a difference? I hav 62 stun grenades, and 3 hazard grenades. Should i just buy a load of stun grenades? Will that actually hold him off?

Thanks

Dravak
11-25-2012, 09:48 AM
No , to prevent robberies you need to have defense 2x his attacking stats to be totally immune :p

also don't forget defense skill points , so forgo defense or buy a bunch of crates and kick his ass...
But then you end the endless spiral of spending .

so best just to accept it and move on .

Lager
11-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Ill let someone else explain all the theories, just remember that the best defense is to collect your buildings on time.

PawnXIIX
11-25-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm constantly purchasing and upgrading Gatling Turrets...

It appears to add 50 defense at level 2, but in reality it's only adding 37.5 defense. It's not actually adding as much defense, it's an invisible amount. You need to bolster your defense with more powerful items, in my opinion.

Sandukan
11-25-2012, 09:58 AM
At level 73 you only need 365 mafia. So since he has 411 you could drop mafia to get off his rival list (this is assuming you hadn't retaliated so he has a direct line to you).

All said and done the best defense to prevent getting robbed is collecting on time. So sync your buildings to fit your schedule.

Tomatoneverdie
11-25-2012, 10:08 AM
In this game, the best defense is your offense. Build up your Atk stat and hit back twice as hard and force he to call a truce. If not, you can always ask him nicely to stop and add you to his mafia....

nopenopenope
11-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Search the forums, read the BoB, then come back in 30 days.

Johnny70
11-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Search the forums, read the BoB, then come back in 30 days.
you know this guy is going " what the heck does bring own beverage have to do with anything? " lol

Coldjoey
11-25-2012, 01:13 PM
and 3 hazard grenades.

Thanks

Don't ever buy explosives that have defence and attack. For the price of a hazard you can buy ten hand grenades and five stuns, total attack gain 40, total defence gain 30. Beter than 8!

Have you tried talking to the guy? Shoot him your number and a message like "your fab" or somthing. Personaly I wouldn't do this, but if he has more time than you it maybe the only thing to do.
Add me and I'll take a look at your inventory and see if it can be tweaked for better gains.
Good luck

swood
11-25-2012, 01:44 PM
you know this guy is going " what the heck does bring own beverage have to do with anything? " lol

You mean i don't have to bring my own booze? Thank god. I'm skint atm!

Don't ever buy explosives that have defence and attack. For the price of a hazard you can buy ten hand grenades and five stuns, total attack gain 40, total defence gain 30. Beter than 8!

Have you tried talking to the guy? Shoot him your number and a message like "your fab" or somthing. Personaly I wouldn't do this, but if he has more time than you it maybe the only thing to do.
Add me and I'll take a look at your inventory and see if it can be tweaked for better gains.
Good luck
Is there a certain amount of explosives you can use during a fight? If not couldn't i just buy a couple like 4 thousand or more Smoke Bombs for 600,000+ cash? That would boost my defense a fair bit

At the moment i'm focusing all my money on buying defense building and upgrading money buildings, and my respect points on Full Combat Gear (best defensive piece i can buy at my level.

Ok i'll add you Coldjoey. Thanks for the help

PawnXIIX
11-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Is there a certain amount of explosives you can use during a fight? If not couldn't i just buy a couple like 4 thousand or more Smoke Bombs for 600,000+ cash? That would boost my defense a fair bit

The limit for explosives is the same for every other category of weapon. It will pick the 500 highest attack explosives for when you are attacking and the highest 500 defense rated explosives for attacks and robs.

swood
11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Ah so you can't have 500 of each explosive. Only the most powerful explosives will be used? Damn, there goes my plan :-/

Ramshutu
11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Be very careful about using defence explosives. If you are doing it to prevent loosing money because you are being robbed, it probably won't work as the amount of D you need to add to be immune to robs is significant, and probably not achievable by use of explosives, all it will do is mean you loose more money in continually replacing them.

A better strategy is as follows:

1.) collect on time, if you can. Buildings that you can't collect on time (unless it's a night club, or other quick collect high end building) are probably not worth the collection anyway. If buildings collect at different times, to and sync them up to a time at which you can collect such as when you get back from work. Or that particularly boring status meeting.

2.) Don't attack him back. Doing so provides him the cc version of speed dial back into your hood.

3.) reply with a witty, or otherwise humorous post MAKING SURE that you come across as seeing the funny side. I tried to come up with a few, but I've spent all day packing my house up to move tommorow, so I'm all out of funny.

Johnny70
11-25-2012, 03:45 PM
when you reach level 100 you will use 500 mafia, at that point you will need to have 500items in each category to be at full potential attack and defense but because of the cost of maintaining consumable explosives most people dont use them. you equip your mafia so right now you need 365 guns, melee, armor, and vehicles. if you have more than that it automaticly uses the best stat items in each category either for defense or attack. defense buildings is a whole other story... to make it short build all you can of the smallest footprint def buildings and only upgrade them to level 4. all the gun, gattling, & missle turrets. money buildings, I only like 24 and 48 hour buildings because they are easy to collect on time, by the time you hit the higher levels a lot of people sell off most of the others.. so keep that in mind when you are spending time and money upgrading them.

nopenopenope
11-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Be sure to pick up a couple henchmen.....they can help in a pinch.

Johnny70
11-25-2012, 03:52 PM
write down your stats go buy one chain whip and see what the stat gain is, do the same with one item from each category. when you are done you will know what kind of item gains the most for you. most likely it will be vehicles or armor, then look at the spread sheets (search best of the best on forum) for locations in the maps for items to "farm" to raise your stats... or just go buy a bunch of gold and spend it on crates and go kick the dudes Butt!

Johnny70
11-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Ah so you can't have 500 of each explosive. Only the most powerful explosives will be used? Damn, there goes my plan :-/
if your really nice to him Joey might tell you where you can find the M4-A1's :rolleyes:

Johnny70
11-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Be sure to pick up a couple henchmen.....they can help in a pinch.
hows it going bro you ready for the snow? its coming sooner or later....

PawnXIIX
11-25-2012, 04:11 PM

You can have as many as you want but only the top 500 explosives will be used.

sexkitteh
11-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Ah so you can't have 500 of each explosive. Only the most powerful explosives will be used? Damn, there goes my plan :-/\\

Also you are level 73.... so you are really only bringing in 365 items in each category....

pkcase13
01-21-2013, 08:12 PM
For some reason the site won't let me post a new thread but...

My explosives question is that i'm getting robbed constantly by Mitch attack: 14,211 Defend: 17,932 Mafia: 157. I have attack: 15,804 defend: 22,110 mafia: 178

On several occasions when I check the rob record i'm losing anywhere from 2-10 time bombs or napalms per attack on a single building.

Is this normal?

the_dude
01-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Yes, you have to figure out what your attack and defense are without explosives. If you attack or are attacked by someone with higher stats than that you will loose them.

Also your defense stat is different for robs and attacks. Your building defense applies more to robs and your weapon defense applies more towards attacks. There is a thread on this somewhere but I don't remember where. To make it even more confusing your building defense becomes less accurate the higher level you upgrade them to. This is why most people recommend not to upgrade them more than level 2 or 3.

Highly consumable explosives like the toilet paper, turkey's, and snowballs will be consumed even if your opponents stats are considerably lower.

Leezygeezer
01-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Forget that wimp, save up for a nightclub, then a second one, then upgrade them to level two. Then just buy whatever you want, if he's a non gold spender and your cash is higher he won't stand a chance when you buy 500 of the best def items n each category.
Only problem is it might take a few weeks, or months :)

Coldjoey
01-22-2013, 12:02 PM
If he's robbing you he's gain XP, so if you stand still he will level up and you won't be on his rival list, or you can do lots of jobs and attacks and level up, he won't be able to find you. But for every or of him there are. Hundred more on each level, just accept tha your going to be robbed. Man up and go rob someone of more than he took. It's a dog eat dog world out there. Alternatively, send him a love letter and ask for a truce. See Burn's thread for more information
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44339-Flower-City-Where-the-Pansies-Grow