PDA

View Full Version : ~ Interesting Stuff ~

Dreno33
11-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Boycotting seems to be bringing annoyance and frustration to everyone here. Why? idk, you're saving mula!

Anyways, I love really cool stories and learning things only few know and really interesting facts on uncommon topics. I'm not nearly the most insightful man here and I know many who are. Can we start up some really fun and great conversations that don't normally partake on this forum? Go ahead, brag if you want! Show off a past experience that is really awesome to share. Strut your knowledge, wow us (particularly me, lol). What awesome things(s) do you have to share?

Me, I'll think of something to add later. You're turn!

Modern War Related posts are accepted as well, of course. This is in the General section so that not every thread is complaint-related.

Bronson
11-24-2012, 03:02 PM
I once took part in a game called bollock-naked in a phone box, very interesting game with only 2 rules.

Dry
11-24-2012, 03:03 PM
I ones helped an old lady to cros the street

GIJOE
11-24-2012, 03:33 PM
I bought a Sony tv 84 inch, it wasn't cheap

Dry
11-24-2012, 03:39 PM
I ones helped a little girl and took her cat down from the tree

LeBarticus
11-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Did you know male seahorses give birth?

Yeah, how bout that?

Fl@sh
11-24-2012, 04:01 PM
When I was a newborn, my parents took all of us(youngest of three kids) on a hike up a mountain where my father was stationed in the military to have a picnic. After they were done they gathered everything up and hiked back to the car. It wasn't until then that they realized they forgot me on top of the picnic table up the mountain.

Arizona
11-24-2012, 04:27 PM
The first CD I bought was The Nightfly by Donald Fagen

marebear
11-24-2012, 04:35 PM
We had a trauma patient come in with an "amputated" foot once and the attending told the resident to put it in a bag so they could go up to surgery and the noob resident went and stuck it in a patient belonging bag ( they are clear/ see thru). Yeah, no... Lets not freak everyone out.. Leave a trail of vasovagaled people through the hallways :)

marebear
11-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I once took part in a game called bollock-naked in a phone box, very interesting game with only 2 rules.....tease... Where is the rest of this story?? How is the game played.. Google doesn't know

albeezy
11-24-2012, 04:45 PM
How is the game played.. Google doesn't know
It starts off like many jokes do. Two guys walk into a phone booth...I wont spoil the rest. Bronson, your up! No PUN intended!

Shinazueli
11-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Not sure if this counts but I've been under water at the North Pole... My only real claim to fame besides almost winning the state spelling bee in 5th grade.

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-24-2012, 06:11 PM
I once picked my nose and liked it

Dry
11-24-2012, 06:13 PM
I pick my nose all the time and I like it

Sabo
11-24-2012, 06:22 PM
I was on duty with the Marine Corp in Oklahoma and was hit by lightening!

Dry
11-24-2012, 06:25 PM
And you still here ... Hahahaha

King little fruit fly
11-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Dry, I think you have the most fun stuffs here! They give me a lot of clues where this thread is heading ... Lol

Xjarhead
11-24-2012, 07:40 PM
The first CD I bought was The Nightfly by Donald FagenSo I guess me saying to the first "cassette" I bought wouldn't go over well. Lol

LeBarticus
11-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Lol my first tape was Aerosmith, with back in the saddle

albeezy
11-24-2012, 08:31 PM
An interesting fact I learned today is that MonkeyPuppy likes Salt N Peppa! LOL IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, I downloaded this game called Modern War.
I started to build a fake army, and this guy said, "Pssst, come here kid."
I said, "What, mister?"
He said, "Wanna buy some gold?"
I said, "Real gold, mister?"
He said, "Yeah, kid, real gold. Is that your dad's credit card?"
I said, "I think so, mister."
He said, "Hand it to me, kid."
I said, "Should I, mister?"
He said, "Yeah, its okay, kid."
So, I gave it to him and he sold me these vaults of gold.
But, I didn't see nothing but some numbers in my game.
I said, "Hey, mister, where's my gold?"
He said, "Sonny, its right up there, with your boosts."
I said, "What boosts, mister?"
He says, "Why them invisible boosts, kid. Is you slow or something, kid? This is special gold, more valuable than real gold, its invisible gold."
I said, "WOW, mister, that's really cool! And, yeah, mister I ain't never been too smart. Why even pa done tells me I is slow."
He says, "Yeah kid, now go away."
I ain't never seed that dude never again.
I still ain't seed them boosts either, not that invisible gold.
And that game, it don't be work so good no more, neither.
Yeah, that was kinda interesting, right?

Bronson
11-25-2012, 12:31 AM
....tease... Where is the rest of this story?? How is the game played.. Google doesn't know

Lol no google wouldn't know as we invented it

GIJOE
11-25-2012, 12:39 AM
I like ur story PJ

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-25-2012, 12:51 AM
I like ur story PJ

Did you run into that guy, too?
Be careful, he's kinda slick, if you know what I mean.

Bronson
11-25-2012, 01:11 AM
Ladies and gentleman, boys and girl come one come all for today's fantastic offers. My name is Greg Robert Eddie Edwards and for today only I have a special offer for you fine folks of the forum.

I have a vault of magic beans for sale, magic you say, why yes magic as these beans are invisible and they can be yours for the measly sum of $100!!!

Be quick as they will all be gone very soon and so will I!!!

GIJOE
11-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Did you run into that guy, too?
Be careful, he's kinda slick, if you know what I mean.
lol..my credit card had limit, so lucky me.

Richie.
11-25-2012, 01:34 AM
....tease... Where is the rest of this story?? How is the game played.. Google doesn't know

1st rule is that no one talks about the telephone box club...

Matt Thornton
11-25-2012, 02:59 AM
I've been shot.
only in the leg.
But i was 11.

mickymacirl
11-25-2012, 04:04 AM
I dated the daughter of a hugely famous pop star!

dthfrmabv
11-25-2012, 04:13 AM
I ones helped an old lady to cros the street

AHHH that maybe the one time I stole a purse from an old lady after being helped to cross the street... lol j/k

Bronson
11-25-2012, 04:17 AM

That must be either Bono or Ronan Keatings daughter lol

Khimsoo
11-25-2012, 04:40 AM
This is something u might know and may be true.
Rubbing a pregnant women stomach in circular motion creates whirlpool and will induce birth.
When the top of the uterus is soft, u can play with the baby. When it's hard, the baby is eating and please do not tickle the baby.

El Cid
11-25-2012, 05:49 AM
Lol my first tape was Aerosmith, with back in the saddleMy first tape i asked my parents was shout at the devil by Motley crue. My dad thought it was 4 girls on the cover.

Speed ump
11-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Cassettes, wow, you really are showing your age. I can't say eight tracks, though I was there in their heyday, try 78s, 33s, and there was one more number I forget now. I know many of you have no idea what I'm speaking about. I do remember my first CD player though. Payed 1200 way back in the early 80s. I have hundreds of digital songs today, but sadly, i just dont listen to music like i used to. my life seems to leave little time for it. when i do i feel sad for time lost when i hear the ones from my era. Or before that I bought my first video game with my lawn mowing and paper route money( I know, you don't know what that is either) I bought it at sears for 600 in the mid 70s. It was a big hit at the time. What a wonderful game, for a about 15 min at least. The name, pong.

MadManDK
11-25-2012, 06:41 AM
@Speed: The last number is 45 .

stuartb
11-25-2012, 07:05 AM
I bought an IBM PS2 personal computer in 1989 for $2,500 (software and dot matrix printer included). It is in my son's room now and it still works. Sort of.

Oh, and the first album I ever bought with my own money (vinyl, 33 rpm) was "Snoopy vs the Red Baron" by The Royal Guardsmen. I wish I still had THAT because it would probably provide more entertainment than that PS2.

Fl@sh
11-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Cassettes, wow, you really are showing your age. I can't say eight tracks, though I was there in their heyday, try 78s, 33s, and there was one more number I forget now. I know many of you have no idea what I'm speaking about. I do remember my first CD player though. Payed 1200 way back in the early 80s. I have hundreds of digital songs today, but sadly, i just dont listen to music like i used to. my life seems to leave little time for it. when i do i feel sad for time lost when i hear the ones from my era. Or before that I bought my first video game with my lawn mowing and paper route money( I know, you don't know what that is either) I bought it at sears for 600 in the mid 70s. It was a big hit at the time. What a wonderful game, for a about 15 min at least. The name, pong.I used to help my grandfather with his lawn mowing "business". He had a list of clients around town that he took care of well into his late 70's and 80's before he passed away. I also had a paper route. Turns out I have liked money since being a little boy! My grandfather used to pay me a nickel to pick up all the cigarette butts laying in his grass. So he could mow it, of course!

Jhoemel
11-25-2012, 07:34 AM
I almost died by drowning but I was saved coz I dont know how to swim 😅

Dhusagar
11-25-2012, 07:36 AM
I broke my sternum attempting a triple front summersault with half twist.

Richie.
11-25-2012, 07:47 AM
I have saved three peoples lives through my work.

Bronson
11-25-2012, 08:38 AM
I got so drunk that I was sick in my sleep and I didn't even know until I woke up and found myself laying in it. If I had passed out on my back rather than my stomach I wouldn't be here to type this.

Speed ump
11-25-2012, 11:48 AM
I once dreamed I personally knew the most intresting man in the world.

fuzzlenutz
11-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Best Comment Ever

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, I downloaded this game called Modern War.
I said, "What, mister?"
He says, "Why them invisible boosts, kid. Is you slow or something, kid? This is special gold, more valuable than real gold, its invisible gold."
I said, "WOW, mister, that's really cool! And, yeah, mister I ain't never been too smart. Why even pa done tells me I is slow."

Ramshutu
11-25-2012, 12:26 PM
1.) I once helped build a robot for Robot wars.
2.) I rollerskate to work when its not wet.
3.) Miss Yorkshire has been in my bedroom when I was at university.
4.) I have actually managed a passable scorpion save when playing in a competitive football game in goal.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-25-2012, 12:37 PM
I once dreamed I personally knew the most intresting man in the world.

Was it a dream?
Stay thirsty, my friend.
-------------------------------------------------
• 1) I live vicariously through myself.

• 2) I once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels.

• 3) My beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man’s entire body.

• 4) When it is raining, it is because I am thinking of something sad.

• 5) My shirts never wrinkle.

• 6) I am left-handed and right-handed.

• 7) If I were to mail a letter without postage, it would still get there.

• 8) The CIA often questions me just because they find me interesting.

• 9) My sweat smells like cologne.

• 10) On every continent in the world, there is a sandwich named after me.

• 11) My hands feel like rich brown, Corinthian leather.

• 12) Cuba imports cigars from me.

• 13) Mosquitoes refuse to bite me, purely out of respect.

• 14) In museums, I am allowed to touch the art.

• 15) My business card simply says “I’ll call you.”

• 16) I had won three lifetime achievement awards, by the age of seven.

• 17) If I were to punch you in the face, you would beg me to do it again.

• 18) I bowl overhanded.

• 19) I am fluent in all languages, including three that he only I can speak.

• 20) I tip an astonishing 500%.

• 21) Once while sailing around the world, I discovered a short cut.

• 22) Panhandlers give me money.

• 23) I divorced my wife because she misspelled a word.

• 24) I require no passport.

• 25) When my chauffeur drives a new car off the lot, it increases in value.

• 26) A certain gaming company recruited me to play their game, and pay me a very hefty monthly retainer to continue playing.

Hondo
11-25-2012, 01:18 PM
A guy I work with was riding his Harley down the interstate when a drunk hit him from behind. He flew over the truck, nearly landing in the bed, and landed in the middle of the highway. No one ran over him and he walked away battered and bruised. No broken bones. Unbelievable.

A few months later he was riding his Harley home and when he stopped to pick up his mail, he broke his ankle.

Now you can't tell me God doesn't have a sense of humor.

overkill 280
11-25-2012, 01:43 PM
I've been in a high speed rear end collision, as well as a head on collision going 90-110km/hr, all in the matter of 3 years! Both of which weren't my fault. And suffered 2 brain injuries amongst many other injuries!

Xjarhead
11-25-2012, 02:15 PM
I dated the daughter of a hugely famous pop star!Okay there is only one hugely famous pop star from Ireland... Assuming you weren't raised abroad. Lol

Xjarhead
11-25-2012, 02:29 PM
My first tape i asked my parents was shout at the devil by Motley crue. My dad thought it was 4 girls on the cover.Lol yea that's what I was told about them also when I asked who that was..only to discover Metallica and the Crόe a few years later...oh by the way I'm embarrassed to say my first cassette was Bon Jovi slippery when wet
Oh @ speed ump I had the 8 track. Wore out Elvis and for some reason Eddie Rabbit. Go figure huh

Wait wait remember ka chunk every time you change the song. Lol I'm getting old

Matt Thornton
11-25-2012, 02:54 PM
i dated the prime minister of irelands niece.
i think her name was clare O'hearn ?
it was a few years ago, when in was on extended leave from my life.

Dry
11-25-2012, 03:47 PM
I dated my wife and now I regret it

Hassleham
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I once took part in a game called bollock-naked in a phone box, very interesting game with only 2 rules.

Hahahaha first one i read, lolled!

Mcdoc
11-25-2012, 05:11 PM
I dated my wife and now I regret itThat's the story of my life & I'm heading out the door at this very moment for our 20th anniversary dinner :(

Mcdoc
11-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Was it a dream?Stay thirsty, my friend.-------------------------------------------------• 1) I live vicariously through myself.• 2) I once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels.• 3) My beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man’s entire body.• 4) When it is raining, it is because I am thinking of something sad.• 5) My shirts never wrinkle.• 6) I am left-handed and right-handed.• 7) If I were to mail a letter without postage, it would still get there.• 8) The CIA often questions me just because they find me interesting.• 9) My sweat smells like cologne.• 10) On every continent in the world, there is a sandwich named after me.• 11) My hands feel like rich brown, Corinthian leather.• 12) Cuba imports cigars from me.• 13) Mosquitoes refuse to bite me, purely out of respect.• 14) In museums, I am allowed to touch the art.• 15) My business card simply says “I’ll call you.”• 16) I had won three lifetime achievement awards, by the age of seven.• 17) If I were to punch you in the face, you would beg me to do it again.• 18) I bowl overhanded.• 19) I am fluent in all languages, including three that he only I can speak.• 20) I tip an astonishing 500%.• 21) Once while sailing around the world, I discovered a short cut.• 22) Panhandlers give me money.• 23) I divorced my wife because she misspelled a word.• 24) I require no passport.• 25) When my chauffeur drives a new car off the lot, it increases in value.• 26) A certain gaming company recruited me to play their game, and pay me a very hefty monthly retainer to continue playing.Ok - so I'm gonna guess you're Chuck Norris?

Poopenshire
11-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Cool Chuck lives The next town over from me. I would really like to meet hin.

Kudu22
11-25-2012, 05:40 PM
I have had my arm broke that the bone tore through the skin and I walked home and waited for someone to come home. Passed out a few times getting there.

Had my wind pipe crushed by a drunk when I was 10. Never saw him again went I finally was able to point him out to my dad. I still don't ask about it.

Been shot at more times than I care for (never hit). One is enough for anyone and past that you get funny about it and thank god the morons never were able to reload.

Stabbed twice. They didn't pay me enough for that job and I call BS on chicks dig scars. At least if you are going to stick someone has the damn decency to have a sharp non serrated blade. It won't have that 3rd world country surgery look.

Got gangrene in a surf accident in Mexico. Almost lost my leg from the knee down...love 28 gauge needles and antibiotics in the ass. When they tell you it will hurt...don't play it off as a joke.

Was paralyzed for 12 days in a surf accident in CA. No more 15 ft waves for me at low tide. Had speech therapy for 3 months just to say colors again. I stuttered like no tomorrow after that one.

Xela
11-25-2012, 06:29 PM
I said, "What, mister?"
I've met that dude too.... and yeah never, ever seen him again!

Ericinico
11-25-2012, 07:31 PM
What do girlfriends and Gree have in common?

-they both consider me as replacible
-they both use me for money
-I get nothing back from them

overkill 280
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Had 8 spinal taps all at once, and couldn't stand straight from them for days!
Shattered my right forearm, and couldn't straighten arm for over a year.
Left middle finger was almost completely severed, just was hangin on by a 1/4" piece of skin.
Been hospitalized 5 weeks between 2 mva's.

Selfproclaimed
11-25-2012, 09:37 PM
I got stabbed in the ankle once. It was more like the guy threw it and and his crappy aim hit me in the ankle. I didnt think the blade side hit me, just felt like it hit my ankle. Wasn't till later when I noticed my sock was soaked in blood that I realized,lol

HenryVIII
11-25-2012, 09:58 PM
I have had a conversation with Gunny R. Lee Ermey.

I am happily married, yet live 110 miles away from my family for the last 2 years.

In boot camp, I ran an 8:38 mile and a half. - Yes, even 10 years later, I still remember my time.

I too have been shot... By my brother... In the back... when we were playing with our BB guns.

I have had my hands inside other people's abdomens on multiple occasions... And enjoy it.

These are a few which come to mind. If I think of more, I'll share.

Selfproclaimed
11-25-2012, 10:04 PM
I have had my hands inside other people's abdomens on multiple occasions... And enjoy it.

Here's a new fun fact. Henry the 8th is sick,lol

HenryVIII
11-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Here's a new fun fact. Henry the 8th is sick,lol

:) No, not really. Part of my education.

Speed ump
11-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Fell on my head when I was five hanging upside down from a tree branch that broke. A brick decided to break my fall. It took two doctors, three nurses, and my dad to hold me down for stitches. My brothers threw a pair of the old style grass trimers( basically a big pair of scissors) at me, stabbed me in the leg ( he was aiming for my head), and I continued working until he came back out with my dad claiming I had hit him first. Needed a large number of stitches( see previous about how many it took to hold me down, I was 15 this time) when I came home from getting the stitches I commenced to educating my brother on the dangers of his actions with my fists, while my dad attempted to pull me off. Needless to say the stitches had to be redone.not to out do some of the others I've read here, just a few of my battle scars from my youth. Surprisingly, I suffered more injuries then , then I did serving in the army for ten years.

Hondo
11-26-2012, 03:49 AM
I have had my arm broke that the bone tore through the skin and I walked home and waited for someone to come home. Passed out a few times getting there.

Had my wind pipe crushed by a drunk when I was 10. Never saw him again went I finally was able to point him out to my dad. I still don't ask about it.

Been shot at more times than I care for (never hit). One is enough for anyone and past that you get funny about it and thank god the morons never were able to reload.

Stabbed twice. They didn't pay me enough for that job and I call BS on chicks dig scars. At least if you are going to stick someone has the damn decency to have a sharp non serrated blade. It won't have that 3rd world country surgery look.

Got gangrene in a surf accident in Mexico. Almost lost my leg from the knee down...love 28 gauge needles and antibiotics in the ass. When they tell you it will hurt...don't play it off as a joke.

Was paralyzed for 12 days in a surf accident in CA. No more 15 ft waves for me at low tide. Had speech therapy for 3 months just to say colors again. I stuttered like no tomorrow after that one.

How are you able to type?

Hondo
11-26-2012, 03:50 AM
Cool Chuck lives The next town over from me. I would really like to meet hin.

I met Chucks brother once. Looks just like him.

ArthurWellsley
11-26-2012, 06:51 AM
My friend Leon stood on my hand by mistake .......................

.............................. he was wearing crampons on his climbing boots at the time.

Speed ump
11-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Ouch Arthur.

albeezy
11-26-2012, 04:06 PM

And they said it wasnt on google! Here is the forum appropriate non-naked version of what Bronson took part in!

http://static.neatorama.com/images/2007-01/telephone-booth-stuffing.jpg

LOL

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-26-2012, 05:20 PM
I heard there was a 40% off gold sale this weekend?

Bronson
11-27-2012, 02:59 AM
And they said it wasnt on google! Here is the forum appropriate non-naked version of what Bronson took part in!

http://static.neatorama.com/images/2007-01/telephone-booth-stuffing.jpg

LOL

Lololololol unfortunately only one person in the box at a time