PDA

View Full Version : Camping?

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Yes, camping was once considered an easy, safe way to build a fake economy and grow your make believe army.

That is changing.

I'm told that that alliance with the nautical theme is camping, too.

Why not?

Its every players right to choose, is it not?

So camp on, raid on, its war, right?

Fl@sh
11-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Don't you usually get bit by mosquitos camping...?

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Don't you usually get bit by mosquitos camping...?

If you're asking about REAL camping, after 30 years in the army (where its called bivouacking), I have no interest in camping or hunting.

It isn't the insects, its the lack of comfort.

But, that's not a problem in this make believe, preten world, is it?

Bronson
11-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I have burnt my tent and its time to go play at a higher level

Speed ump
11-24-2012, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't know anything about this subject. Never went there.had too much fun not Camping. Could it possibly be fun?

Bronson
11-24-2012, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't know anything about this subject. Never went there.had too much fun not Camping. Could it possibly be fun?

No it's not. Unfortunately for most it is a necessity but I have had more fun these last 3 days than I have the last 6 months

marebear
11-24-2012, 01:41 PM
No it's not. Unfortunately for most it is a necessity but I have had more fun these last 3 days than I have the last 6 monthsHow far away from me are you now?

Bronson
11-24-2012, 01:57 PM
How far away from me are you now?

Ill be level 98 by tomorrow. Are you still camping?

marebear
11-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Ill be level 98 by tomorrow. Are you still camping?Yup! Got the economy up, now I'm slowly finishing off unlocking the rest of the units.

Bronson
11-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Yup! Got the economy up, now I'm slowly finishing off unlocking the rest of the units.

Good for you and don't move up until your ready... But when you are ready, give em hell!!!

jay_usher
11-24-2012, 03:05 PM
If you're asking about REAL camping, after 30 years in the army (where its called bivouacking), I have no interest in camping or hunting.

It isn't the insects, its the lack of comfort.

But, that's not a problem in this make believe, preten world, is it?

ha lack of comfort being a brig? pahaha
pull the otherone with ur silver spoon

King little fruit fly
11-24-2012, 05:56 PM
I have burnt my tent and its time to go play at a higher level

I like that attitude, who is afraid of the shark zone, it is way over exaggerated, the fun begins there. Slow crawlers or tortoises miss the actions so far. :p

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Great smoky mountains... I was 14.....we had a big tent but it was cold.. used cheddar cheese to catch fish...

general_J
11-24-2012, 07:40 PM
I deployed to Afghanistan in 2009, to train soldiers. I was in a tent with 23 other snoring gas passing individuals. It wasnt much fun and darn cold.

Vballmadam
11-24-2012, 07:46 PM
I would enjoy camping on a yacht!

megaants
11-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes, camping was once considered an easy, safe way to build a fake economy and grow your make believe army.

That is changing.

I'm told that that alliance with the nautical theme is camping, too.

Why not?

Its every players right to choose, is it not?

So camp on, raid on, its war, right?

errrr.... soo, i think i am still missing the point. what is this nautical theme?!?!?! and what does it have to do with camping?

dledour
11-25-2012, 06:17 AM
The Pirate ship will sail the seven seas and all levels..... including level 26.

Does that clear it up? hehe

Agent Orange
11-25-2012, 06:42 AM
Ah to camp or not to camp that is the question. Or tis nobeler to die a slow and painless death as an ATM.......

Yes indeed this should be interesting...

megaants
11-25-2012, 08:12 AM
The Pirate ship will sail the seven seas and all levels..... including level 26.

Well, if this is targeting campers in general, it shouldn't be too much problem, they will probably level up quickly enough to go pass a particular camper level quickly.

but if it is targeted to certain player... that would be funny going through hundreds of rival page to look for one particular player. but life could be interesting :P

dledour
11-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Well, if this is targeting campers in general, it shouldn't be too much problem, they will probably level up quickly enough to go pass a particular camper level quickly.

but if it is targeted to certain player... that would be funny going through hundreds of rival page to look for one particular player. but life could be interesting :P

Actually we'll drop to ANY level for ANY player.... particularly if they are cheaters and abusing glitches!

carrotsama
11-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Personally, I've come to see that at least a certain amount of camping is necessary. I focused on the missions when I first started and put a lot of my skill points in energy, causing me to level very quickly. The problem is trying to find someone I can actually beat when I'm this high lvl but with weak unit buildings and only moderate defense and money buildings. So... since I can't make money fighting I should focus on my economy, right? Yeah, except that along with my crappy army it just makes me an even bigger target, so inevitably I go to collect only to get a fraction of what I expect. Im using my 1 building upgrade slot on another money building so upping my home def is out. All I can do is buy lots of the cheap and crappy little units endlessly as they die like lemmings.

Vballmadam
11-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Personally, I've come to see that at least a certain amount of camping is necessary. I focused on the missions when I first started and put a lot of my skill points in energy, causing me to level very quickly. The problem is trying to find someone I can actually beat when I'm this high lvl but with weak unit buildings and only moderate defense and money buildings. So... since I can't make money fighting I should focus on my economy, right? Yeah, except that along with my crappy army it just makes me an even bigger target, so inevitably I go to collect only to get a fraction of what I expect. Im using my 1 building upgrade slot on another money building so upping my home def is out. All I can do is buy lots of the cheap and crappy little units endlessly as they die like lemmings.

I think many of us, at least I can, relate to this. I would definitely start raising my IPH ( income per hour). Do not do missions, raid or attack until you can build up your army.

helli0n
11-25-2012, 02:42 PM
I think many of us, at least I can, relate to this. I would definitely start raising my IPH ( income per hour). Do not do missions, raid or attack until you can build up your army.
should probably drop most allies as well, lay low

Ranger4Life
11-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Actually we'll drop to ANY level for ANY player.... particularly if they are cheaters and abusing glitches!

I think the Pirate's meaning of camping is different than the rest of us.

It appears that PUN considers camping to be players that sit with low allies trying to build their IPH, or to avoid the Whales.

The rest of us consider camping to be avoiding PVE and PVP to avoid leveling up.

bobsmith
11-25-2012, 03:10 PM
I wanted to go camping with my cousin Joaqim, but his scout master was a little too touchy-feely for me.
Joaqim and he are very close. they both have sleep overs often.

Hero of Time
11-25-2012, 03:13 PM
I wanted to go camping with my cousin Joaqim, but his scout master was a little too touchy-feely for me.
Joaqim and he are very close. they both have sleep overs often.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/14469905.jpg

bobsmith
11-25-2012, 03:20 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/14469905.jpg

your not old enough to drink, so I don't know why your posting that pick. Grandma always said you didn't know when enough was enough. I guess the next time you are over we will have to ask her what she thinks of your promoting drinking.

dledour
11-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Just dropped from 500 to 140 allies.... love the accomidations down here!
I see no reason to keep any money buildings.... I can make more in 5 min here than my base can produce in a week!

EnjoyLife
11-25-2012, 04:16 PM
I see no reason to keep any money buildings.... I can make more in 5 min here than my base can produce in a week!

You should sell them then. My money buildings make me 200 million a week and I cannot make that in 5 minutes. Nice job!

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-25-2012, 05:10 PM
I think the Pirate's meaning of camping is different than the rest of us.

It appears that PUN considers camping to be players that sit with low allies trying to build their IPH, or to avoid the Whales.

The rest of us consider camping to be avoiding PVE and PVP to avoid leveling up.

No, we mean that IF you play the game, you are fair game to be hit.

By having a game, you get a hunting license and a no bag limit.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-25-2012, 05:12 PM

I heard that CRAZY guy did that.

You know, that CRAZY general dude.

I hate him.

He bullies me, and makes me do things I don't wanna do.

He ain't right, mister.

dledour
11-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Sold most of them... needed to keep some lv 6 oil rigs uncollected... for bait

Heck... I can't be bothered collecting on any of my buildings... I'm too busy collecting!

albeezy
11-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Do you even have money buildings?

King little fruit fly
11-25-2012, 06:09 PM

You must give flan the tasty feeling in his stomach when he reads this. I remember he announced, "pirates, come find me", like last week. :D

King little fruit fly
11-25-2012, 06:11 PM
And I wonder what happened to Flan's 10 million fake cash he won. I wish I could dig up that thread, :D

Ranger4Life
11-25-2012, 06:35 PM
No, we mean that IF you play the game, you are fair game to be hit.

By having a game, you get a hunting license and a no bag limit.

Hmmm. Still not sure why you guys are calling it "camping"?

When this thread first started, I thought you guys were all planning to bring your joy to the lower levels.

Well, with a little twist of course.

It would take extensive planning in order to prevent leveling too quickly.

You would have to mostly use alternating two man strike teams when you found a worthy target. Instead of the all out bombardment method.

But what do I know... I spend all day touching a screen to beat people that probably have already quit the game.

Thevinegru
11-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Is camping bad?

HenryVIII
11-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Is camping bad?

Camping is not bad. Quite the contrary. If you are new, and do not want to spend a fortune on this game, then camping provides a way for one to build up economy.

Better economy = better cash units.

Granted, cash units only go so far. And soon become replaced by respect units, won units and gold units. But it is a good way to start.

What others on this thread are talking about are those who are High Level (HL) or those about to enter the whale territory (where the big guns are), dropping allies and "camping" in order to avoid being hit. = deemed cowardly.

TLDR: camping is not bad for those who need to take the time to build themselves. There are a number of threads regarding camping. A quick forum search will yield good strategies.

Welcome to the forum.

Thevinegru
11-25-2012, 07:29 PM
I never really got into this game so I guess I've been camping for 11 months, lol.