PDA

View Full Version : Skill point recommendations?

Shinazueli
11-23-2012, 08:20 PM
So here's what I think I should do with my skill points. Please offer your thoughts on what you think a good strategy is.

By my math, you get 600 skill points from 200 levels. Plus another 30 odd points from leveling each map to 5. (And growing as they add maps).

So, because someday when I can finally level up again, I'd like to be able to Pve without making my eyes bleed, I'm putting a full 400 points into 200 hero strength, for endgame w/a farming.

That leaves 200 points. I'd then want to have bare minimum 20 stamina (as that appears to be the effective limit on attacking people) plus it refills in exactly one hour. That's 40 points.

Which leaves me with 160 points, plus 30+. (Let's call it 40 for easy math). I'd split that fairly evenly into attack and defense skill points, giving them each 100.

The final tally looks like this:

Hero Strength : 200
Stamina : 20
Attack : 100
Defense : 100

Thoughts?

The1nONLY
11-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Blah blah blah

asdfg12345
11-24-2012, 12:23 AM
just buy alot of gold and you will be unstoppable.

emcee
11-24-2012, 04:57 AM
Forget about Hero Strength. All attack no defense. Good for boss events and may even deter some gem rivals if you are a free player.

ezinap
11-24-2012, 07:41 AM
So ... put all skill points into hero strength until level 133. Okay.

Winstrol
11-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Why do you even bother with attack and defense ? just put all stats into hero str.

marebear
11-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Check the signature..

Shinazueli
11-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Yeah mare most of my info is based on that thread and the CCM quote. I was hoping for some more thoughtful discussion, don't know what I was thinking.

Anyways, I'm just going to go with the original plan. Let everyone do what they want. Without access to code it's hard to do more than guess anyway.

albeezy
11-24-2012, 06:47 PM
I would recommend more than 100 defensive skill points. At 250 skill points, some have reported being able to frequently, although not always, defend against rivals with 50% more attack then your defense (havent confirmed this, just read it a long time ago). I have 160 in MW and have defended against players with 150% attack stats to my defense. They may have only attacked once, so I do not know how well it works, but considering endgame everyone has dragon armies with more attack than your max defense with all dragons, it is an invisible defense booster! Also, in endgame leveling up wont matter so if it takes a little while longer to farm w/a so what? You cant reallocate skill points once their spent unless you are super lucky (someone had it happen in MW)

Shinazueli
11-24-2012, 08:18 PM
I would recommend more than 100 defensive skill points. At 250 skill points, some have reported being able to frequently, although not always, defend against rivals with 50% more attack then your defense (havent confirmed this, just read it a long time ago). I have 160 in MW and have defended against players with 150% attack stats to my defense. They may have only attacked once, so I do not know how well it works, but considering endgame everyone has dragon armies with more attack than your max defense with all dragons, it is an invisible defense booster! Also, in endgame leveling up wont matter so if it takes a little while longer to farm w/a so what? You cant reallocate skill points once their spent unless you are super lucky (someone had it happen in MW)

Part of my endgame strategy involves farming the best w/a from the last maps. As a result, I'd like to be able to two (max three with RNG) shot the lowbie monsters on those maps. Any idea how much hero strength that requires? [I know this depends on your hero's w/a, I'm just looking for a ballpark number]. If I can stop at 100 hero strength then I'd be able to get up to 200 a/d skill points apiece.

Thanks.

Edit : finally, an invisible boost that doesn't suck. :)

albeezy
11-24-2012, 08:24 PM
The thing about attack skill points is you can always check stats. Unless you are a heavy gem spender you would be better off applying most of the skill points on defense rather than attack (referring to skill points you are prepared to allocate to attack or defense, not hero strength)

Shinazueli
11-24-2012, 08:28 PM
The thing about attack skill points is you can always check stats. Unless you are a heavy gem spender you would be better off applying most of the skill points on defense rather than attack (referring to skill points you are prepared to allocate to attack or defense, not hero strength)

Not being that high or a heavy gem spender, I don't understand why they would want high attack but I wouldn't?

The reason I personally like them is because when I attack someone that has less stats than me, I would rather like to win. :)

Serboy
11-25-2012, 05:25 AM
How does the attack and defence skill points work ? I dont know because I'm spending all of my points to Hero strength.

albeezy
11-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Not being that high or a heavy gem spender, I don't understand why they would want high attack but I wouldn't?

The reason I personally like them is because when I attack someone that has less stats than me, I would rather like to win. :)

The reason a heavy gem spender would want high attack points is that their stats, including defense stats, are usually so much higher than non-gem or light gem players that nobody save another heavy gem spender can successfully attack them so their stats are high enough to defend 99.99% of all rivals. However, a player with a ultra high amount of defensive skill points might be able to successfully defend against this player every once in a while. To combat the high level of defense skill points they go high attack skill points.

As for you not needing them, if you check your rivals stats before attacking you will know whether you can win or not. I have 54k attack. I can easily find someone on the rival list with 30k defense or less and I will win. Problem solved. You can't choose who attacks you. That is why I recommend high defensive skill points. allocate your skill points as you see fit. It is your game and there is no right or wrong way to play.

Njwmrb
11-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Forget about Hero Strength. All attack no defense. Good for boss events and may even deter some gem rivals if you are a free player.

It's not going to deter anyone since they can't see it.

ezinap
12-05-2012, 05:52 AM
The Limited Time Quest event showed that:
Hero Strength is definitely the way to go.
After that a bit into Attack Skill and Stamina.
Defense Skill is less useful since we're planning to attack more often than we are defending.

jonny0284
12-05-2012, 06:35 AM
The Limited Time Quest event showed that:
Hero Strength is definitely the way to go.
After that a bit into Attack Skill and Stamina.
Defense Skill is less useful since we're planning to attack more often than we are defending.

This.

I'm level 120: Army Atk: 50 Army Def: 40 Stamina : 15 (I always keep it in multiples of 3 for Raiding) Hero Strength: 132

Gambit12
12-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Hero Strength : 200
Stamina : 20
Attack : 100
Defense : 100

For me, i pretty much balance my stats every time i level up. I always pick Hero Strength and distribute one to any attack or defense, but the latest limited quest, we need to increase our stamina as well.

For example my not exact stats are as follows:

Attack: 75 - you need to increase this as well to take care those big boys...
Defense: 75 - & also this to defend those pesky hard core gems spender...
Stamina: 7 - i need to increase this stamina to 12 ASAP for limited quest purposes or any future events...
Hero Strength: 67 - for mission goal & limited quest purposes...

jonny0284
12-05-2012, 07:04 AM
^Your 67 Hero Strength is also a hinderance for PvE, if you're into that sorta thing. You have to continually hit enemies more than I would (~roughly double your HS).

VileDoom
12-05-2012, 02:18 PM
just buy alot of gold and you will be unstoppable.
^this

Credit Card>Strategy

Shinazueli
12-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Lol. Thanks for the input, everyone. Can someone please answer me this specific question: how much (minimum) HS is required to reliably two shot the low monsters on the last maps? 100? 150?

Thanks in advance.

Clay01
12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
question - why invest in stamina?

I can see wanting 15-20 stamina for when you find that one player who is waaaay over vault and you want to hit him the max number of times asap (ignoring whether hammering a player for $200k is proper etiquette or not), but cant you just as easily just sit there for 15 min, hit him 5 more times, sit for 15 min, hit him 5 times, etc?

when raiding, I think most players will hit a bldg 3 times to get the max gold out of it, but unless a player has 2 manors, and other high level bldgs uncollected, you're likely to hit him 3 times and then move on to searching the rivals list again.

during the limited time boss/PvP questing, the wait time is actually the same (as long as a player is willing to sit in 15 min intervals)

so, is it the convenience?

I also dont see the value in adding pts to Att/Def, since it seems to me that a considerable amount would have to be added to make a difference once you get into the higher levels with dragon armies. I would think that many players, when they see a rival with stats similar to them, would simply move on to the next target unless there is something irrestible to hit... otherwise you could put yourself into an ongoing war with someone since his att is better than your def and vice versa... I dont see pts being added to Def being able to make up for that unless you invest a significant amount

personally, I think it depends primarily on your playstyle and what makes you enjoy the game the most, although I understand powergaming, etc.

but, it still seems to me that from a final/high level stat standpoint, that a significant (or all) investment in hero strength makes the most sense, since it will allow you to farm higher level maps and get the highest equipment, and more of it. if you can collect a significant number of 40/20 weapons and 20/40 armor, that ends up being a significant boost to your A/D, although I cant say whether its better or worse than investing pts into Att/Def since I dont know how the math works out for those bonues/adjustments

Shinazueli
12-05-2012, 06:32 PM
It has been said here and elsewhere, A/D skill points affect your win/loss more than you think, not less. If you disagree, you are simply wrong. Sorry.

In caps for the visually impaired: A/D SKILL POINTS ARE PERCENTAGE BASED BOOSTS, NOT JUST ADDED FLAT TO YOUR SCORE. For the mathematically impaired, this means they matter MORE when you have dragons, not less.

I only want just enough hero strength so that farming for high level weapons and the LTQ are not painful.

As far as etiquette of attacking, if you have 200k+ overvault, I consider that rude if you cannot defend it. :)

And as far as 20 stamina, you are correct as you could just wait for your stamina to recharge, which is what I do now, but there are two problems with this. First and foremost, if they are paying attention, they could quickly spend down. I want that gold. Second, sometimes I don't have time to wait the (10 stamina times 3 minutes = ) half hour with my device open. And even if I did, someone else may find MY gold and steal it, while I'm waiting. I repeat: I want that gold.

Shinazueli
12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Now, could someone PLEASE answer my question?

Restating: what minimum amount of hero strength is needed to reliably kill the weakest monsters on the latest maps in two hits?

Cloud22
12-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Now, could someone PLEASE answer my question?

Restating: what minimum amount of hero strength is needed to reliably kill the weakest monsters on the latest maps in two hits?My guess is like 180-200 HS. I have a 140 HS and it takes me 3 hits sometimes 4 on the weakest monster in the last map.

Shinazueli
12-05-2012, 06:51 PM
My guess is like 180-200 HS. I have a 140 HS and it takes me 3 hits sometimes 4 on the weakest monster in the last map.

Thank you very much. Sad face about the answer, but at least I got it. What's your hero w/a, out of curiosity?

The1nONLY
12-05-2012, 06:51 PM
With my 300HS it takes 2 hits to kill.

It depends tho as some monsters with higher energy also takes my 2 hit kills.

Some lowest energy monsters takes 3 hits to kill.

If you havent notice different monsters have armor when killing ... Lets say a monster with 85 energy takes only around 216 damage and takes 3 hits to kill while a monster with 87 energy or so takes 235 damage with only 2 hits to kill.

Shinazueli
12-05-2012, 06:53 PM
So it sounds like its just going to suck to farm the good stuff then. Ok. I'll just have to accept that, I'm not spending that many points in HS.

Cloud22
12-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Thank you very much. Sad face about the answer, but at least I got it. What's your hero w/a, out of curiosity? No prob, the Arachnid Insight 43/34 is the weapon my hero uses. But in my opinion you should invest all your points into HS you diffinatly get the the most benefit out of it especially if they keep doing the limited quest event. The hero attack and deffense make little diffence I regart spending 80 points on my hero attack and stamina at 20 is high enough.

Gambit12
12-06-2012, 08:22 AM
For me, i pretty much balance my stats every time i level up. I always pick Hero Strength and distribute one to any attack or defense, but the latest limited quest, we need to increase our stamina as well.

For example my not exact stats are as follows:

Attack: 75 - you need to increase this as well to take care those big boys...
Defense: 75 - & also this to defend those pesky hard core gems spender...
Stamina: 7 - i need to increase this stamina to 12 ASAP for limited quest purposes or any future events...
Hero Strength: 67 - for mission goal & limited quest purposes...

Anyone can share about their skill stats like my sample above? i just wanna compare where do i need to improve my skill stats. i know i need to increase my HS & stamina for events, mission, & other stuff...

Shinazueli
12-06-2012, 08:32 AM
My LLP dragon camper has the following stats:

21 attack
21 defense
12 stamina
51 HS

My current endgame stats (subject to change) look like this

145 HS
100 attack
200 defense
20 stamina

Note this includes the ~30 odd skill points from maps.

Gambit12
12-06-2012, 08:37 AM
My LLP dragon camper has the following stats:

21 attack
21 defense
12 stamina
51 HS

My current endgame stats (subject to change) look like this

145 HS
100 attack
200 defense
20 stamina

Note this includes the ~30 odd skill points from maps.

Wow! thats a lot on defense.. What level is your HLP & what map are you in now..?

Cloud22
12-06-2012, 12:54 PM
That is diffinatly a impressive deffense Shinazueli. My stats look like this

82 attack
30 defense
20 stamina
141 HS

Shinazueli
12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Please allow me to clarify: those stats are what the LLP is going to have at level 200. I previously had a level 150 account, and I saw the writing on the wall. I would never be able to go overvault, even with max dragons and best w/a in the game. The numbers just didn't add up. Since I thought that was pointless, I deleted the account and started over, and I'm now camping, forever, or at least until they fix the highest levels.

Edit: the math. Just let your eyes glaze over if you don't care.

Assumptions:
Dragons are 105/69 units.
Best store bought weapon for defense (attack is irrelevant for this) mail crusher 14/21
For armor hawkslayer leather 10/25
Beast kennel +20%
Building defense is assumed to be < 1% and therefore negligible.
Store bought weapons are used because in order to obtain better in any meaningful quantities would take longer than upgrading every building in the game.

Calculations:
(Max Allies x three x dragons) x beast kennel = unit defense
(500 x 3 x 69) x 1.2 = 124.2k

Max Allies x three x (weapon defense + armor defense) = equipment defense
500 x 3 x (21 + 25) = 69k

Unit defense + equipment defense = total defense
124.2k + 69k = 193.2k

As you can see, the best possible defense for a free player, given unlimited in game funds, is less than 200k. There are so many 300-400k attack players up there it's not even friggin' funny. It's simply not possible for a free player to compete at that level. Hence, my decision to not be at that level.

Now, a reasonable (I think) solution: Add one unit. Call it, idk, free players defender, infantry unit, unlocked at level 100-125. Make the cost 50-100k gold per unit. Make the stats 100/200. This way, they still can't hit the gem players, but they stand a much more reasonable chance of ever being able to go overvault. It may take a year to build up, but then you could tell the gem spenders who cry that they got the benefit of not having to slog through ~ 2 years of building to get the stats that they have.