PDA

View Full Version : ETHICS- Part of the game, or irrelevant?

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Since our last thread that invovled this subject seems to have offended someone, i thought i would see how everyone felt on this subject. Is honor,or ethics, a reasonable expectation from ourselves, or should it be anything goes?

Everson25
11-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Shouldn't honor walk together with ethics? I don't remember reading the thread so I'm sorry if my input is not the right one.

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Sorry,spell wrong mispelled honor in the poll and i did ot catch it in time.

HenryVIII
11-22-2012, 04:55 PM
I believe what one does behind the facade of a pixelated character, or when no one is looking, reflects the true nature of that individual. So ethics is a must in all aspects of life.

Ranger4Life
11-22-2012, 04:57 PM
I am someone that holds myself to a high standard when it comes to everything that I chose to do. Those that state that "this is just a game" when justifying the decisions they've made, obviously don't feel as I do.

Jhenry02
11-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Ethics or not, cheating takes away the fun of the game, not just for your enemies but also for yourself. To me even an all gold army would take the fun away from the game. It was no different when we were 10 using Idkfa and iddqd. What's the fun in a game that is no longer a challenge.

-J

Poopenshire
11-22-2012, 05:01 PM
I miss the days of Doom.

You missed idclip.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-22-2012, 05:01 PM
People never cease to amaze me.

Have you ever heard phrases similar to these?
I want it, and you got one, so why can't I have two?
The world owes me.
You had 2,000 of them, and all I needed was 100.
I'll do anything, except working, to get the things I want.
It costs too much, and stealing it was so easy.
If you don't get caught, you didn't do anything.

On second thought, companies never cease to amaze me, either.
Oh yeah, the boosts are there, they're just "invisible".

Fl@sh
11-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Sorry,spell wrong mispelled honor in the poll and i did ot catch it in time.I've figured out how to decipher you fat fingered posts... lol

Jhenry02
11-22-2012, 05:04 PM
No clip, god mod, and all ammo, completely pointless to then follow the story line. I HATE NOCLIP! But same principal.

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks flask.lol

Fl@sh
11-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks flask.lolI'm speechless... lol

Miner
11-22-2012, 05:08 PM
At the end of the day, we are left with our ethics and morals. Fictional armies don't matter. A win/loss record doesn't matter. If you compromise them for something meaningless, you will also compromise them when something is meaningful. Give someone a choice between right and wrong when the consequences and benefits seem small and you'll find out what they'll do when they're faced with REAL ethical/moral decisions.

Ranger4Life
11-22-2012, 05:13 PM
at the end of the day, we are left with our ethics and morals. Fictional armies don't matter. A win/loss record doesn't matter. If you compromise them for something meaningless, you will also compromise them when something is meaningful. Give someone a choice between right and wrong when the consequences and benefits seem small and you'll find out what they'll do when they're faced with real ethical/moral decisions.

Exactly!!!

Poopenshire
11-22-2012, 05:15 PM
How poetic is it we are talking ethics about players in a game where the owner has repeatedly demonstrated they have none.

Fl@sh
11-22-2012, 05:16 PM
I find that ironic poop

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-22-2012, 05:20 PM
I think this thread is more sardonic, that ironic, don't you?

How poetic is it we are talking ethics about players in a game where the owner has repeatedly demonstrated they have none.

Poopenshire
11-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Either way all we have at the end of the day is ourselves and what we do in life.
More people should straighten up and listen here.
PJ has said it time and again.

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Sardonic? Lol. Apparently there are three of us who don't even know what ethics are.

Agent Orange
11-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Make that four...

Poopenshire
11-22-2012, 05:55 PM
I cannot wait to see the reactions from people who have not been around for a few days.

Lift Ticket
11-22-2012, 07:08 PM
If you have to cheat, hack or expoloit a glitch to win, what have you won?

Win, lose or draw, I choose to play this game with the boundaries set forth within.

Poopenshire
11-22-2012, 07:16 PM
And knowing is half the battle!

Lift Ticket
11-22-2012, 07:25 PM
And knowing is half the battle!

Is this a public service announcement thread? Man, this forum is full of GI Joe references....lovin it!!

Shinazueli
11-22-2012, 07:27 PM
I may be showing my age but you guys forgot the first "cheat" code. UUDDLRLRBA (select) start. :)

Also, while I'm not condoning glitching the game in any manner, the producers of the game should be beta'ing these glitches out, and so bear equal responsibility. We cannot throw him under the bus without first tying him to horrid coding, and then stepping on the gas.

Poopenshire
11-22-2012, 07:28 PM
My favorite toy was Deepsix and the Shark sub.

Lift Ticket
11-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Lift Ticket came with the Tomahawk chopper, that was my first "Joe" vehicle. I almost forgot about Deep Six coming with shark sub, for some reason I was thinking it was Wet-Suit, but you're right.

Harry Tuttle
11-22-2012, 07:48 PM
I believe what one does behind the facade of a pixelated character, or when no one is looking, reflects the true nature of that individual. So ethics is a must in all aspects of life.

EXACTLY! The measure of your true ethics is how you act when nobody's watching.

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Shin, i cant blame gree for the issue. The issue wasnt about a glitch, the issue was about being caught someplace he wasnt supposed to, and could never have used the glitch if not, and then caved in to greed and exploited a glitch to his advantage. Mw3 is still a beta, you would expect glitches. It he had only discovered the glitch, and reported it as all beta testers are obligated to, oh thats right, he wasnt actually a beta tester.

Wdigeorge
11-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Shin, i cant blame gree for the issue. The issue wasnt about a glitch, the issue was about being caught someplace he wasnt supposed to, and could never have used the glitch if not, and then caved in to greed and exploited a glitch to his advantage. Mw3 is still a beta, you would expect glitches. It he had only discovered the glitch, and reported it as all beta testers are obligated to, oh thats right, he wasnt actually a beta tester.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

overkill 280
11-22-2012, 08:23 PM
EXACTLY! The measure of your true ethics is how you act when nobody's watching.I've come to realize that certain people have no ethics or respect! And they'll justify it cause it's the internet :rolleyes:

VileDoom
11-22-2012, 08:30 PM
is it ethical to win with a credit card?

Warfiend
11-22-2012, 08:33 PM
I expect it my from myself and appreciate it in others, but I don't expect it from others as that gives others the ability to disappoint me. Especially in a game, people will disappoint when it comes to ethics.

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Vile, why would that have anything to do with ethics. Youre bringing in something that dosnt pertain here. Is it ethical for some people to earn more than others? The rules are established by the creators of the game. The same rules apply to all of us despite their income levels. This just displays a disgruntlement at ones who have heigher incomes and abilities to spend. I may be one of those higher spenders. There are a lot of people i know who have much greater incoms than i do, and have bigger homes, better vacations, bigger this , and more of that. Im happy that they can afford the things they have, and i dont begrudge them this because i cant have the same things. This is not a question of ethics.

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Warfiend, i think we should expect it, if we domt we wont get it, as people will belive its not quite so important to the rest of us. It is important, though i will say im realistic enough to know im not always going to meet people who feel the same. I am dissapointed, though not devastated. I am saddened, though not despondent. I will not let it keep me from believing in others. If you are always guarded to prevent others from dissapointing you, tou wont always be able to experience the benifits of comrades and freindships. I might let a new found friend into my home, but i wont give him the keys to my home. I might feed him if he is hungry, but not give him my credit card to buy himself a meal.

Shinazueli
11-22-2012, 09:28 PM
is it ethical to win with a credit card?

He's probably a person who thinks we should all have a "level" playing field, in every aspect of life. Otherwise know as communism.

Mcdoc
11-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Ethics - best put as someone already said - doing the right thing even when no is looking.

So in most States certain drugs are illegal - if a person does them against the law - isn't that unethical? Then if the people of your state vote to make that drug legal - did the state now decide for you that smoking pot is suddenly ethical? No! The truth is - you have your own internal compass that guides you. If you are not a pot smoker - making it legal will not suddenly make you want to try pot. (I'm not for or against smoking pot - it's not for me - but I don't care what you do in your time - I'm just using this as an example since it is a current issue)

If you are not a hacker or a cheater - then finding and easy hack or cheat will not make you exploit it and use it. If cheating or taking short cuts is part of your moral fiber - then when a gray line appears - you will argue that gray area is an ok place to be.

It's not wise to judge men by their words - but rather - to measure them by their actions. Sometimes when the actions are questionable - you can gather their intent by their reactions.

Everyone has their weaknesses - and sometimes temptation is just too much to bear - but usually temptation is just a cheerleader for bringing out your true colors. When your true colors are exposed - you either own them - or realize that you don't like them and change them. The worst color of all is the Yellow one who tries to hide their true colors and try to make you believe that their Yellow stripe is really a noble blue stripe.

With all that said - I believe in second chances when someone admits they had a moment of weakness ( and maybe even a short relapse ) but once seeing the reaction to their mistake when it is in full light - realize that this is a path they should never follow again - then THAT person is worthy of forgiveness.

VileDoom
11-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Vile, why would that have anything to do with ethics. Youre bringing in something that dosnt pertain here. Is it ethical for some people to earn more than others? The rules are established by the creators of the game. The same rules apply to all of us despite their income levels. This just displays a disgruntlement at ones who have heigher incomes and abilities to spend. I may be one of those higher spenders. There are a lot of people i know who have much greater incoms than i do, and have bigger homes, better vacations, bigger this , and more of that. Im happy that they can afford the things they have, and i dont begrudge them this because i cant have the same things. This is not a question of ethics.

I was not passing judgment, merely asking a question. I apologize if my inquiry offended you.

Thunder Child
11-22-2012, 09:57 PM
"doing the right thing even when no is looking" - Mcdoc

Never heard this before but seems to wrap up nicely what an ethical position looks like. However, there are times in the game when knowing what is the right thing to do gets a bit fuzzy, aren't there? See no ethical problem with those with money buying an advantage with gold; got no problem farming a loot drop that is available through normal game play and is now public knowledge; no probem with hitting someone about my level 20 times to hit valor goals; DO have a problem with hacking and obvious cheats; would be disappointed with players who promise one thing and then do another, for example form some kind of alliance but end up working on the inside for a competing team; my fuzzy area would be something like a cash-rich target 50 or 60 levels below me that I could feed off 24/7 - fuzzy because I could do this within the parameters of a (broken) game i.e. the game puts the shark and a tadpole together, so the shark could reasonably expect to enjoy his meal without worrying if it was 'right' or not. For myself, I prefer to stay away from this foggy area, because even if it's a matter of doing the right thing when nobody is looking, one has to be able to see clearly what is being done and perhaps even bring a bit of foresight into play.

Ryans67
11-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Would everyone's opinion change if they suddenly found out the age of an individual when judging their moral character? I think that is my primary explanation as to why I have low expectations for many of the people I encounter in this game.... Something to keep in mind.

VileDoom
11-22-2012, 10:13 PM
He's probably a person who thinks we should all have a "level" playing field, in every aspect of life. Otherwise know as communism.

Certainly not, as an American I am very thankful we have better facilities to train our Olympic athletes than other countries. :)

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Tc, those are the things that are wrong and right to you, and im glad that you follow what is right in your mind. Wish everyone did the same. This is a war game, and we all suposedly came to war. I would say that some of the things that tou have issues with in tour case, that i do not. I have played the game from the begining, so my main game did not see many at higher levels who attacked me. At the same time, there were times people who were at lower levels were stronger than i who did attack me. I dont believe levels really have much to do with anything once you are above 100 and can bring all your units to battle. I have lower games who get attacked by much igher levels, and much stronger players. Its all fine as i was aare of the rules and how he game is played, and have no issues with being attacked. It always seemed the only ones who had any moral objevtions to this setup were the ones being attacked, yet al ost in every case, when i read their boards, they were doing exactly the same thing themslves. If someone has issues with the rules of a game, and question the ethicsof those rules, i would never play the game to begin with. Many have determined that forming a group for defense or attacks, is not right, yet gree has said they ntend to introduce just that, and many seem excited about it. Make no mistake, this came about becausethey noticed the succes of the pirates in the game and said what if. I will not even try to equate the so called grey areas you are speaking of to that of outright cheating. If someone feels its not ethical to allow high spenders to compete directly with free players, again, i personaly would never play the game, or upon finding out about this, i would stop if the game itslef produced this kind of ethical dilema for me. If i truly belived this, then i would feel that most of the playersin the game are also unethical people. I have no issue if you or anyone choses to limit their play on different aspects of the game to one that makes them feel comfortable, just as i have no issues with your, or anyones elses right to belive in the faith of their choice. I would not feel that they are wrong for their belief in a faith that is different from mine, or in some ways contridicts portions of mine. I dont feel as if i stand on a higher moral ground because i believe in my faith, as opposed to theirs. I consider this right to personal choice. This is not a question of ethics. If i took what you said another step further, what about the emotional discomfort you may give another p,ayer who has the same exact stats as you, by attacking him. I have had p,ayers who i felt might be very unstable get quite upset with me who were just as strong as i was, and i have had ones much weaker who were lighthearted about the whole thing. Maybe i should not attavk at all, as the level that seem players seem to be upset is very high at times. Should i do this to another person. Is this ethical. In my mond this is more of an ethical question than strength, or level. If i went a galagher show and sat in the front row, should i be upset by being showered with bits of smashed fruit and their juices? Should galagher not perform his show because i might be upset at this? I think thats close to the same as concern about where you step as you may squash an ant.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Would everyone's opinion change if they suddenly found out the age of an individual when judging their moral character? I think that is my primary explanation as to why I have low expectations for many of the people I encounter in this game.... Something to keep in mind.

Have you read Gree's TOS regarding age?

It's quite revealing, if its enforced.

This isn't a complex question.

If you didn't purchase 12 cookies, but had them in your possession, you stole them.

Even a 10 year old knows stealing is wrong.

If you're playing this game in violation of Gree's TOS and stealing, well you've added another notch to your eventual incarceration.

Beyond that, however, having been called out, you continue to steal 12 more Rapid Strike MG21s.

Thunder Child
11-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Just to be clear, I see NOTHING unethical in teams being formed and coming to dominate others, whether it's the Pirates or others; in fact, I welcome it, and if it means that one or more teams dominate others, then so be it. It's a war game after all!

Jp lfs
11-22-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm old enough to remember when a handshake sealed a deal. No 100 page contract necessary. And your word meant something. Maybe everything. I am a biker, and I ride with guys who go to rallies, and will sleep with anything that moves, but I still respect them. They treat the women with respect and courtesy. Never taking advantage.
I digress, but even in an anonymous game, integrity is paramount. Respect, restraint, intelligence all play a part. But I am a huge believer in integrity. And once you lose my confidence or trust, it's gone. Forgive... Maybe. Forget... Never.
Hope I stated my position without rambling too much.

Tctiger
11-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Well I play zombies a lot on black ops 1 and 2 and I know of glitches where you can sit there and the zombies can't get you . I don't do them because no.1 it is soo boring and unrewarding to do that and no.2 you can usually tell who has done it from there score to round ratio , I start a game with them sometimes thinking they are good and then they keep dieing because they can't play it's funny . They do it for the high score but can't back it up in game play so they look stupid , 1 of the maps I got to 52 rounds and I did it with skill from putting in the hours and learning how to play . It is much more rewarding and much more fun , some people want to do it for real and be a good player , some want a fake score to look good but they don't look good when they can't play they look stupid .
No way I would risk 10 months of playing this game for a cheat and if I did I would lose all pride and satisfaction . I want to follow maverick who is the one player in the game I respect the most because he has done it the hard way and done well, he's not the strongest but I think he is one of the best for me.

Vballmadam
11-23-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm old enough to remember when a handshake sealed a deal. No 100 page contract necessary. And your word meant something. Maybe everything. I am a biker, and I ride with guys who go to rallies, and will sleep with anything that moves, but I still respect them. They treat the women with respect and courtesy. Never taking advantage.
I digress, but even in an anonymous game, integrity is paramount. Respect, restraint, intelligence all play a part. But I am a huge believer in integrity. And once you lose my confidence or trust, it's gone. Forgive... Maybe. Forget... Never.
Hope I stated my position without rambling too much.

+1000. Couldn't have said it any better!

mickymacirl
11-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Of course it matters, I know, I usually attack lower level characters once instead of hitting them 20 times a go, I know how horrible it is to lose units when people of high stat attacks you, its bloody annoying!

mickymacirl
11-23-2012, 12:59 AM

If you didn't purchase 12 cookies, but had them in your possession, you stole them.

If you're playing this game in violation of Gree's TOS and stealing, well you've added another notch to your eventual incarceration.

Beyond that, however, having been called out, you continue to steal 12 more Rapid Strike MG21s.

Wait... what???! he's still at it??!??!?!?

Speed ump
11-23-2012, 01:16 AM
He is micky, he is indeed. I think we all see just how much he regrets his actions. Or not so much. I think he realized his apology thread was such a farce, that he deleted it. Too many were seeing through the lies, and liars usually cant fade the heat listening to the truth about themselves. He did not listen to advice before he did what he did, he did not listen during, and he has not listened after. Guess he gave all his " friends" the big raspberry. Hes staying out of the threads were we are and posting in other ones, like someone who sets a fire, then hangs out in the crowd to watch.

mickymacirl
11-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Ok, as a person who reports bugs ALL THE TIME to Funzio, I'm pretty disappointed in Gam's actions!

Poopenshire
11-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Maybe a good old fashioned flogging is in order now.

Maverick50727
11-23-2012, 06:33 AM
The people who have talked directly to me should know my stance on this. I'll let my record stand.

Ethics or morals start with the individual. People can change over time. But like McDoc stated, doing the right thing even when no one asked shows your character. I drew the line in the sand for myself a long time ago. Many people have asked me repeatedly if I know how to cheat. Of course I do as it comes inherently from a good understanding of the data files. Do I hack/cheat? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Knowing how to how to do something which is wrong, but choosing not to do is one of the best signs of your morals and ethics. Again, morals/Ethics start with YOU.

You can't control the morals or actions of other people, but you can provide wisdom and advice to people select the right decisions themselves. You can't use force to change people ideas or ethics, the change has to start with them and grow. All you can do is plant the seed.

Minister Timothy
11-23-2012, 06:43 AM
I believe what one does behind the facade of a pixelated character, or when no one is looking, reflects the true nature of that individual. So ethics is a must in all aspects of life.If you had not written this I would have. Each base, and how it is played is absolutely a reflection of the person designing said base. Not "just" a game when you place yourself into it.

Ryans67
11-23-2012, 08:32 AM

There are cheaters all over this game, and no one should be surprised at their actions just because they post on this forum. I remember months ago when someone posted a link to a hackers forum on MW, and there were 5-6 names on that forum that matched this forum.

I encounter new people everyday and very few of them would I come to consider as honorable. Why would I be surprised that of the people I meet within this game, several lack such qualities? Does that make their actions right? No.... It just means that when you have low expectations it is tougher to be dissapointed...

Poopenshire
11-23-2012, 08:38 AM
There are cheaters all over this game, and no one should be surprised at their actions just because they post on this forum. I remember months ago when someone posted a link to a hackers forum on MW, and there were 5-6 names on that forum that matched this forum.I encounter new people everyday and very few of them would I come to consider as honorable. Why would I be surprised that of the people I meet within this game, several lack such qualities? Does that make their actions right? No.... It just means that when you have low expectations it is tougher to be dissapointed...Thry were not just posters they were contributing as well as making money off it. They then came on the forum when they got ratted out begging for people to give them.bugs and glitches so they could "report" them to Gree. Yeah that workes out welk. They didnt last a week on the forum. Those websites are still actice including more that have not been outed yet. Many people remember back in June and July getting in game messages from people offering tons of stuff.

Speed ump
11-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Just because people will disappoint you doesn't mean i assume that everyone will. I still enjoy the company of those who are good people. There will always be the ones who arnt.

Fl@sh
11-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Tctiger, could you clear your inbox?

Maverick50727
11-23-2012, 11:46 AM
There are cheaters all over this game, and no one should be surprised at their actions just because they post on this forum. I remember months ago when someone posted a link to a hackers forum on MW, and there were 5-6 names on that forum that matched this forum.

I encounter new people everyday and very few of them would I come to consider as honorable. Why would I be surprised that of the people I meet within this game, several lack such qualities? Does that make their actions right? No.... It just means that when you have low expectations it is tougher to be dissapointed...

FYI, I wouldn't take too much for granted on a hacker site. I've seen the same thing myself. Many names can be similar or duplicated. I could easily go create a account on a hack site and call it Pirate Justice and if you have ever at any point in time provided a picture of your base, I could provide that too and claim to be you. There are probably 20 Mavericks in the game I've come across and I've been mistaken for a few. I was even forwarded articles on sites when someone was researching "hacks" to detemine if someone was cheating (they don't). When I looked at one back in Aug where hackers were complaining about snitches and being shutdown one mentioned an article on the the MW forum here providing the link. The thread in the MW forum was created by Wdigeorge himself and I was at the very top of the thread responding to Speed ump along with JMC and many others. I had never reported the hack and didn't know it existed until after it was closed and someone came across it, but it seemd to brand me as a snitch. LOL. I myself have been a target of hackers because of my name and involvement here in the forum. So moral is don't assume anything by simple names matching.

I would appreciate you contacting me though privately to discuss some things. George, AO and miner know how to reach me. You don't use PM here in the forum.

Speed ump
11-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Hey, I am a snitch when it comes to hackers. Please come find me, all hackers. I have no issue being branded in this manner.

Jp lfs
11-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Hey, I am a snitch when it comes to hackers. Please come find me, all hackers. I have no issue being branded in this manner.

Amen to that one. They cheapen our gold spending and make a mockery of our time spent planning strategy, forming alliances, and building bases and armies to compete.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-23-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't have LOW expectations of others.

I can't control anyone but myself.

Nothing anyone does surprises me, and I'm not in the change a person business.

I'm in the punishment business.

You do the crime, I'll give you the time!!!!

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-23-2012, 01:06 PM
If Gree were smart, they'd start a Snitch Program.

You turn in a hacker, you get a vault of gold, if your accusations are founded.

Heck, maybe we should start such a program, Stephen.

We do have the resources.

Now, I'd spend a $100 to help clean this place up a bit!

mickymacirl
11-23-2012, 01:14 PM
check your email

Ferr
11-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Back on topic. Ethics is key if you wish to survive in any group. Those who do not agree to this are entitled to their opinion but for sure will leave the group sooner than they wished for.

general_J
11-23-2012, 04:26 PM
I always try to play ethically and honorably. Now the hard part. I might think what i am,doing is honorable and ethical, but someone else my think what I am doing is down right wrong. Only thing i have ever asked if you disagreed with something i had done, be honest with me, bring it to my attention. I would/will change what i had been doing. Even warfare there are rules, ie geneva convention.

Ferr
11-23-2012, 04:38 PM
I always try to play ethically and honorably. Now the hard part. I might think what i am,doing is honorable and ethical, but someone else my think what I am doing is down right wrong. Only thing i have ever asked if you disagreed with something i had done, be honest with me, bring it to my attention. I would/will change what i had been doing. Even warfare there are rules, ie geneva convention.
There are grey areas for sure. There are different opinions for sure and what was ethical yesterday may be unethical tomorrow. Respect and communication will solve this though.

Warfiend
11-23-2012, 04:38 PM
If Gree were smart, they'd start a Snitch Program.

You turn in a hacker, you get a vault of gold, if your accusations are founded.

Heck, maybe we should start such a program, Stephen.

We do have the resources.

Now, I'd spend a $100 to help clean this place up a bit!

That just sets gree and whoever offers the reward up to be gamed... hacker operates legit account, creates hacked accounts, reports them, collects rewards for legit account.

For some people, gaming the system is the game.

Selfproclaimed
11-23-2012, 04:53 PM
My take on it. I understand some platforms/games. Even the devs look forward to seeing what hackers can do but I don't think that's the case for this game. Same goes with say socom on ps3. Glitches, modders, theirs always bound to be some, but in that game, it's like, alright, at least go take it to the unranked rooms. For this game. People spend real money, and all players spend a whole lot of time. If a hacker wants to showboat to his/ her hacker buddies to show what they can do,whatever, but when they start affecting other legitimate players,it needs to be stopped. What I never understood though. I'm not computer savvy, some of these hackers. If you have high computer knowledge, why waste it on an app game. Create a website,generate some money, find out if ufos are real, who really killed JFK, something constructive to some extent.

Speed ump
11-23-2012, 06:31 PM
So you would think. From what I've seen it not all that advanced. It's just knowing what order to do a few things in. So I don't believe they're smart enough to make real money doing it

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-23-2012, 07:59 PM
1) Everyone wants there to be rules, honor, and the expectation of doing the right thing.

EXCEPT... when it comes to themselves.. in that case they want to be the exception..

In my world I deal with people who expect the rules to be followed except they want themselves to be the exception.....

War Dog
11-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Since our last thread that invovled this subject seems to have offended someone, i thought i would see how everyone felt on this subject. Is honor,or ethics, a reasonable expectation from ourselves, or should it be anything goes?

The honorable man is one his brothers will lay it all down for and he himself will strive to never allow them to have to make that choice. His honor is defined and judged in all that he does and he is aware of her presence in every act, every thought, every word, every breath. He cherishes honor and reveres it. His brothers know his word is his bond and not even the shadow of death will make him betray it. This is just a game and one where anonymity is an ally. But honor matters. You are defined by your honor or your lack there of.*

Speed ump
11-25-2012, 10:59 PM
It appears that 85 percent of us know or care what ethics are. At least some are honest that they don't care.

James_mac
11-26-2012, 01:22 AM
This is war, kill everyone!

Giedrybe
11-26-2012, 03:00 AM
Speed, I am quite sure, that hackers were not very active in voting. Plus such percentage (85%) is not high for me personally. For me it is remaining 15%, which is absolutely too high.
There is a saying that spoon of oil can damage whole barrel with honey. 15% is not a spoon.

Ethics is key. Period (for me).

Speed ump
11-26-2012, 05:01 AM
I agree, did not realize anyone would think i tought that was a high number. It is intresting to see what the people in the forum here think, and i imagine the percentage may be even lower in the rest og the game population. I would guess that the playrs who care more are more likely to be part of the forums.

Vballmadam
11-26-2012, 07:44 AM
I agree, did not realize anyone would think i tought that was a high number. It is intresting to see what the people in the forum here think, and i imagine the percentage may be even lower in the rest og the game population. I would guess that the playrs who care more are more likely to be part of the forums.

Definitely!

Speed ump
11-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Oh no, we've dropped, it appears more people showed up who think there's no place for any scruples in the game. Those of you who have voted this way, speak up and present your point of view