PDA

View Full Version : Increase mafia for loft or not

erik41141
11-22-2012, 09:33 AM
I have enough money to get 2 lofts banked. Right now I have 59 mafia and I like where I'm at in terms of attacking players, most are below my attack. My question is should I bump to 100 mafia members, build 2 lofts, then mass delete till I'm back to 59? I'm concerned that doing so will change the rival bracket I'm in, no faith in funzio programming (I can see it now 59 mafia members only able to attack 120+ >.>). Anyway thoughts, suggestions, criticism away.

the_dude
11-22-2012, 09:38 AM
No it doesn't change your bracket if you delete them.

Criticism: stop being such a wuss

erik41141
11-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Ahahaha aright let the mass adding begin. Ill keep this open just incase anyone has a similar question in the future

Bala82
11-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Well Each Loft takes 4 days to build so if you want build 2 you stay with 100 MAFIA for 5 days minimum but you can't stay at 59 forever so why not increase 100. What are you afraid off ?.

Sasha54
11-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah - what are you afraid of?

Bala manned up............lol

Lofts are the first really good building - you need them!

itzkakarot
11-22-2012, 10:13 AM
No it doesn't change your bracket if you delete them.
This isn't true. I bring my mafia up/down all the time to go into different brackets.

As to the original question, Lofts are your 2nd best upgrade bldg until the mid 100s (second only to NCs), so yes it's absolutely worth mass-adding so you can build them. Once your finished you can drop down if you'd like.

erik41141
11-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Its not really a matter of being afraid its just smart to be in the lowest bracket possible. How I try to calculate it is count my prized equipment such as boss drops and event items across all my gear. Then spreadsheet em out so i can see exactly what weapons, armor, vehicles, and explosives are contributing to my ATK/DEF then only have that many mob members. If you only have 58 "prized" weapons and the rest are low 9/7 then why even bother? Be the top of your bracket so when highers atk you they fail and when you attack practically anyone you win. Have 37 stamina and dont have all day to search for people i can potentially attack so i generally find a couple people lower than me and max on em for respect & mission completion.

Bala82
11-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah - what are you afraid of?

Bala manned up............lol

Lofts are the first really good building - you need them!

I kind had to when boss event started LOL :)

Bala82
11-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Its not really a matter of being afraid its just smart to be in the lowest bracket possible. How I try to calculate it is count my prized equipment such as boss drops and event items across all my gear. Then spreadsheet em out so i can see exactly what weapons, armor, vehicles, and explosives are contributing to my ATK/DEF then only have that many mob members. If you only have 58 "prized" weapons and the rest are low 9/7 then why even bother? Be the top of your bracket so when highers atk you they fail and when you attack practically anyone you win. Have 37 stamina and dont have all day to search for people i can potentially attack so i generally find a couple people lower than me and max on em for respect & mission completion.

That all good and well against Free player but i am sure Gold players will be able beat the crap out of you no matter how many prize event items you have :(.

Tomatoneverdie
11-22-2012, 11:26 AM
That all good and well against Free player but i am sure Gold players will be able beat the crap out of you no matter how many prize event items you have :(.

I would like to think, if you play smartly, only the BIG gold spenders can beat the cr@p out of you....

erik41141
11-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Its just a matter of trying to be the highest. Gold players will always be gold players but often enough the scratch & win, boss drops, and box items are as good if not better than available gold weapons/armor. Its obviously P2W but if you want to maximize your ATK/DEF for your given mafia #.

Sandukan
11-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Erik play the game the way you feel like playing and don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise.
Lots of men wear panties.

Bala82
11-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Erik play the game the way you feel like playing and don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise.
Lots of men wear panties.

+1 Yep you should play this game the way you want as long as you enjoy it, that's what really matters. The fact that you put everything in spreadsheet showed how dedicated you are to the game. :).

Coldjoey
11-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Play your way, I'll add you and won't be offended if you delete me later, when you have a hundred mafia don't attack anyone that will be stronger than you when you drop down again, you may stay on their news feed for weeks.

I speak for dipstick when I say buy 41 henchmen

Sgt Rocker
11-22-2012, 12:43 PM
So dropping my mob number to 200 wont delete my night club?? For sure? Im tired of it being robbed all the time and im sure this will only get worse after i upgrade it! Besides i dont have enough good items to equip the 320 mob members i have now!!

So no chance of my night club dissappearing??

Coldjoey
11-22-2012, 12:47 PM
No chance at all

Steve0
11-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Your NC will be there even if you have 1 member, people who have camper accounts do it all the time.

erik41141
11-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Hahaha, panties. I do play how I want but I play for the strategy, all these games are the same conceptually. Only thing differentiating them is subtle differences. Everyone has a different outlook on the game, I enjoy being able to incorporate different strategies into my own. As example right now I focuses on hourly and 3 hourly buildings so I have about 50k every hour. Now I'm working on 12/24/48 for larger payouts yet retaining some gradual income for bosses & progressive building. Might not work for all players but works for me.

@ Joey thanks for the add if/when I'm deleting ill be sure to pass over your name!

itzkakarot
11-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Erik, all these folks talking about "what are you scared of" or "panties" or whatever clearly don't understand strategy. The fact of the matter is if you find the right bracket, you can stop banking and save literally millions of dollars. If that's called "being a wuss" then whatever, who the heck cares what anyone thinks because the jokes on them.

Big O
11-25-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't want to get too far off topic, but I'm confused about the dropping of mafia members. Is there a thread that explains this? I'm at lvl 8. I have 120+ mafia members. If drop below 40, wouldn't that make me vulnerable to attacks from weaker players?

Sandukan
11-25-2012, 09:08 AM
The panties comment was made in Jest. I think Erik saw it for what it was worth.
The advice to do what best fits his playing style still stands.
Why so serious?

itzkakarot
11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't want to get too far off topic, but I'm confused about the dropping of mafia members. Is there a thread that explains this? I'm at lvl 8. I have 120+ mafia members. If drop below 40, wouldn't that make me vulnerable to attacks from weaker players?

Read both of these two excellent posts from Nico in full:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22306-Mafia-Size-and-the-Bracketing-Hypothesis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22306-Mafia-Size-and-the-Bracketing-Hypothesis)
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23389-No-Bank-Analysis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23389-No-Bank-Analysis)

Bracketing yourself properly (keeping your mafia count low to maximize your atk/def per mafia member) leads to a green news feed, which leads to no-banking, which leads to saving millions on bank fees, which leads to building Nightclubs sooner.

The panties comment was made in Jest. I think Erik saw it for what it was worth.
The advice to do what best fits his playing style still stands.
Why so serious?
Figured you were joking. My comments were largely for the others, or anyone who knocks sound strategy in favor of brute strength/stupidity, for that matter. It saddens me that the copious amounts of glorious theorycrafting which once filled these forums has been reduced to "stop being a wuss" posts.

the_dude
11-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Read both of these two excellent posts from Nico in full:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22306-Mafia-Size-and-the-Bracketing-Hypothesis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22306-Mafia-Size-and-the-Bracketing-Hypothesis)
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23389-No-Bank-Analysis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23389-No-Bank-Analysis)

Bracketing yourself properly (keeping your mafia count low to maximize your atk/def per mafia member) leads to a green news feed, which leads to no-banking, which leads to saving millions on bank fees, which leads to building Nightclubs sooner.

Figured you were joking. My comments were largely for the others, or anyone who knocks sound strategy in favor of brute strength/stupidity, for that matter. It saddens me that the copious amounts of glorious theorycrafting which once filled these forums has been reduced to "stop being a wuss" posts.

My comment was intended as a joke as well, no need to take it personally. It should have been obvious when I posted "Criticism:" since he basically asked for it in his OP. I agree completely that strategy is a major part of this game and I appreciate your contributions in that regard.

I think you may have also misinterpreted what I said about changing mafia brackets. I was trying to say that if he increased his mafia to achieve a goal or something that he could then delete them to return to his previous bracket.

If you think this thread is bad, you should be glad you weren't on a couple months ago, half the posts were from trolls that had multiple accounts and threads went nowhere. At least the teasing in this thread is light hearted and void of obsenities. And people are at least trying to give some advice. Whatever your strategy is the game should be fun however you play it or there is no point.