PDA

View Full Version : What's the status of your boycott?

albeezy
11-21-2012, 11:46 AM
So over the past few weeks many of you have made threads declaring various ways in which you are participating in the boycott. For example, PJ declared he will not "play" any of Gree's games until all gold units are 66% off and the no-casualty glitch is fixed etc. Others announced no attacks or raids until the boycott has ended. Still others declared they will not purchase new gold until the boycott ends.

Personally, I didnt officially join in or declare any particular actions I would undertake or refrain from undertaking in support of the boycott. This was in part because I do not believe that Gree, as a corporate entity, gives a rats about a small fraction of players on the forum (a shame no doubt). But let it be known that I am in support of what it stands for, visible boosts, unlocked leaderboards, etc.

I suspect that the actions many of you, noone in particular, declared in support of the boycott have gone the way of new years resolutions and have been broken already.

So, with Christmas, Hanakuh, Kwanza, etc. rapidly approaching, I am just curious, have you been a good little boycotter or girlcotter and stuck to the actions you vowed to undertake in support of the boycott, or have you been a naughty little boycotter or girlcotter?

Poopenshire
11-21-2012, 11:50 AM
I am still not buying gold nor using Tapjoy. I am still 100% on target for my boycott.

Arizona
11-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Since the boycott started, I'm proud to say I've not wavered from my stance!

helli0n
11-21-2012, 12:27 PM
I haven't bought anymore gold for almost two months. Stuck by it pretty well I'd say

MadManDK
11-21-2012, 12:32 PM
I joined the boycott for a week in support, which I followed through. Since then I've been using some of my gold to beat the last Boss, everything else I'm still doing. Not sure for how long I'll keep the rest up, but things do have to change for me to ever buy gold.

Miner
11-21-2012, 12:38 PM
I announced my participation in the original 1 week boycott. I agreed to only collect my buildings and said I wouldn't attack, raid, do any missions or participate in the events for that period. I did not do any of the above actions. After the 1 week was up, I still didn't do anything until the boss event.

I haven't purchased gold, but did use 140 gold for the boss event.

BigD@wg
11-21-2012, 12:38 PM
My vow was to not buy gold and I have not. I play for free now. There was no need for me to officially boycott PVP as i am in camping mode.

Agent Orange
11-21-2012, 12:41 PM
I have not been doing PvP because of the increased loss rates so I'm pretty much in camping mode as well. Will not buy gold either.

Vballmadam
11-21-2012, 01:09 PM
I have followed through by not attacking or raiding anyone and by not buying gold. I hope we can get resolve because I sure would like to partake in a 40% off sale!

boardgames rule
11-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Have not attacked or pved or bougt gold. Only done a little tapjoy.

Speed ump
11-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Sounds like we have many here who have continued to follow through. I have remained out of things for the time being myself. I have seen a few who have said they were boycotting, but obviously have spent some gold, though maybe not nearly what they did in the past. Even this effort amounts to something. I do agree with albeezy about whether or not gree cares. No one has seen any signs that they do up to this point. These things do take time, and there's further efforts being implemented along the way. Things may be quiet, but I do believe we have made, and continue to make a difference.

Vballmadam
11-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Spending gold vs buying gold is different. I did buy a plane with gold I had on hand. My boycott did not include gold on hand.

ckos
11-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Sticking to the boycott. Haven't even spent a brick of gold on hand.

Corsair
11-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Sounds like we have many here who have continued to follow through. I have remained out of things for the time being myself. I have seen a few who have said they were boycotting, but obviously have spent some gold, though maybe not nearly what they did in the past. Even this effort amounts to something. I do agree with albeezy about whether or not gree cares. No one has seen any signs that they do up to this point. These things do take time, and there's further efforts being implemented along the way. Things may be quiet, but I do believe we have made, and continue to make a difference.Hey speed ump, just curious, is the boycott in effect PUN-wide or are members free to do their own thing?

Fl@sh
11-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I haven't purchased gold in two months. After the whole Fusion APC debacle, my "need" has disappeared.

Ferr
11-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Nothing tastes better than a good old boycott. However, albeezy, you may get some unexpected news in the near future! In the meantime it is my strong suggestion to everyone to refrain from spending real money in this game lol.

Mcdoc
11-21-2012, 03:45 PM
I used to spend $300 to $500 a month on this game but stopped back in July. Bought some gold when they brought back the one single 10 crate event in October - then stopped again. I had a moment of weakness to try and go for the last Boss - but quickly saw how futile that effort was and just quit. I hope all of this Peoplecott is making a difference.

Thenoob
11-21-2012, 04:13 PM
That's crazy you guy actually spent that kind of money on this game you must be rich 300 to 500 bucks a months that's mortgage payment or a truck payment. I got an idea and it helps your boycott why don't u deposit that money u would give them In my account and I will do the same as gree and not give u anything real for your money ...... Well that a lie ill get u drunk and stoned that is if u like smoking weed lmao. Wow wow

Xela
11-21-2012, 04:41 PM
No gold purchased since boycott, have done PvP due to being attacked and yeah those fusion APC memories still sting but help to keep my resolve.

Tctiger
11-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Wouldn't really call myself a boycotter as I have never spent any real cash but didn't attack or raid to show solidarity , still just collecting and upgrading , don't really like the idea of spending real money to protect fake money but if a few issues were resolved I may spend a little when get as far as I can for free first.

procsyzarc
11-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Haven't brought any gold in MW or CC is about 6 months. Was about to spend $2000 on 80,000 gems for MQ but after they banned my account on MW and then pretty much told me tough **** when they realised it was their fault won't be going through with this purchase.

Warfiend
11-21-2012, 05:50 PM
I have refused to spend the money I have set aside for this game since it was clear they weren't doing anything about the invisible boost I "won". I've stuck to this for long before the recent boycott started and I will stick to to it until I and everyone else with an invisible boost can see it and know it's working in no uncertain terms.

I don't care if everyone else breaks down like they did with the previous boycott and forgets about this. I've already spent one of the hundred dollar itunes cards I originally wanted to spend in this game on movies and music. If the boost isn't fixed by christmas, gree won't be seeing any of my christmas cash.

Morphlingman
11-21-2012, 05:58 PM
I haven't purchased any gold in 3 months and I'm sticking to it until they make the invisible boost visable

iamnasty
11-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Ms PJ has been leading and very active in battling with G12 for the past 2 days, therefore the boycott should be ended, Oops Ms PJ did not announce this ?????

Hail Gm1fty

cheers

Harry Tuttle
11-22-2012, 01:18 AM
I haven't bought or spent any gold (and I'm sitting on some) or TapJoy, no attacks or raids either. I did the boss, but only free and $ hits. The same in CC.

iamnasty
11-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Oops, the PIRATES been pretty busy lately, battling quite a number of players AND Ms PJ is leading them

Hail Gm1fty

Laren
11-22-2012, 02:08 AM
Dont get it... When raiding to get more $$,, but instead casualties rate cost so much more.. So we r just building our base to get stronger for nothing??

Sugarymama
11-22-2012, 05:40 AM
As I had stated in other threads, my "boycott" started long before some of the newer members of the forum declared one. I hadn't purchased gold for months prior to the announcement. However, there are so many levels of this supposed boycott, e.g. some not playing at all, some playing but not doing PVP, others not playing but participating in events, etc. Don't really understand how a boycott like that works, but apparently many seem to think it does.

general_J
11-22-2012, 11:46 AM
I have not bought gold, but did attack once last night, then sent an apology. Hit the attack button when I meant to hit the raid. I was going to see what he had. Lol old habits are hard to break.

Ryans67
11-22-2012, 12:14 PM
I was shocked that they stopped freezing the leader board for the final hour. That has been the only change that I have seen. I was also surprised when I looked on KA, and it was frozen for the final hour. So it appears the unfreezing was a direct response to the boycott, but Gree is doing as little as possible.