PDA

View Full Version : Do you no bank?

SinSir
11-20-2012, 04:56 AM
Since the addition of new loot weapons & event weapons.
Also the excellent economies by others.

Do you no bank your in game income?

vitus79
11-20-2012, 05:01 AM
i mostly bank by the end of the day, just to see what i made while playing. but also forget to bank sometimes. i got the emerald burner

Nicky the Nose
11-20-2012, 05:06 AM
I have 2 accounts both below lv75 and use both strategies, the no bank account gets less attacks. Go figure

BOS
11-20-2012, 05:07 AM
No bankin' here... when someone hits me for 300k, I smile because I make that every 6 minutes :cool:

Swearengen
11-20-2012, 05:21 AM
No bankin' here... when someone hits me for 300k, I smile because I make that every 6 minutes :cool:

Hell yeah with that IPH, that is greatness. Why bother banking?

SinSir
11-20-2012, 05:30 AM
@Vitus.

Once I submitted the post, I then realised on option 1 I should have written:

No Way Too Risky/Own a Emerald Burner.

It don't make sense no banking if you own the burner.

@Nicky

So are the 2 account around the same att/def.

@Boss

6 min sounds great.

I don't see the point of attacking someone of your income as 10 hit gives me a max of $300k whereas I would assume hitting a hotel just once in your hood would give me returns far greater than $300k.

Nicky the Nose
11-20-2012, 05:40 AM
@Sinsir

Level is different by big margin but att/def is close to the same if you take in to account the level difference

jmeijer
11-20-2012, 05:50 AM
I started no-banking at the moment my IPH went to 1,5 mil. I could've started it way earlier when I look at the number of times that I've lost 30k/attack.

dudeman
11-20-2012, 05:54 AM
I do not no-bank, even with an IPH that earns $300k in a few minutes.

Reasons.

sister morphine
11-20-2012, 05:56 AM
I no bank with morphine, but still bank with SV for the moment

SinSir
11-20-2012, 06:19 AM
It does figure why the higher lvl mafia gets attacked more often, as the lower the level the more campers you'll meet and camper have a hidden code of not hitting a fellow camper.

Plus your stat must be quite good compared to the rival that pass your hood.

I myself give my rivals a fighting chance of making some extra cash as in truth I save about $2m a day by not banking.
It's my buildings that are hard to protect as a 10k difference in the rivals att to my def can open my buildings up.

Anyone calculated if by gree dropping our phantom defence has helped when repelling a rivals attack.
I myself have noticed a better success rate in repelling robberies & attacks.

Swearengen
11-20-2012, 06:39 AM
I no banked from about lvl 60 -120'ish....Went back to banking when i got into it with a couple of long term rivals, actually stopped even collecting my buildings and camped out in their hood to get the upper hand. But thinking of trying no banking again as I approach 1mil IPH marker...

Ramshutu
11-20-2012, 06:53 AM
I have the stats to no bank but due to the number of cheaters i encounter, I have decided not to.

fuzzy
11-20-2012, 06:55 AM
Current IPH is at 1.3 million at level 170.

I bank and will continue to bank as I get a Christmas tree affect on my wall every 2 hours from a certain gang. I would much rather lose the money to Gree then to a rival.

Nicky the Nose
11-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Think i'll give it a shot on both accounts, see what happens

Nicky the Nose
11-20-2012, 07:03 AM
It does figure why the higher lvl mafia gets attacked more often, as the lower the level the more campers you'll meet and camper have a hidden code of not hitting a fellow camper.

Plus your stat must be quite good compared to the rival that pass your hood.

I myself give my rivals a fighting chance of making some extra cash as in truth I save about $2m a day by not banking.
It's my buildings that are hard to protect as a 10k difference in the rivals att to my def can open my buildings up.

Anyone calculated if by gree dropping our phantom defence has helped when repelling a rivals attack.
I myself have noticed a better success rate in repelling robberies & attacks.

Not sure it helped much but I haven't lost an attack since they dropped defense, but was banking on my higher level account, starting no banking on it today

SinSir
11-20-2012, 07:03 AM
@Samc.

Your correct, Ive had them sort of rivalries before and yes they do make you stop collecting your cash.

The last occasion I had someone with such a poor income and near enough all the decent building they had were on lvl 1.

I ignored them for a while but every 2h they were showing up if not robbing any available building they were attacking me for the 30k per hit.

I sent a message saying 'You love me or love me not'

That was the end of that never heard from them again.

I'd say why not no bank if your not in possession of an emerald burner.
It worth it if you have a lot of upgrades to get through.

Nicky the Nose
11-20-2012, 07:08 AM
Whats an emerald burner?

SinSir
11-20-2012, 07:34 AM
@Ram

Strange how low level cheater don't get the ban hammer, maybe gree hope they will buy some gold & make it look as if they are legit.
To me it don't make any sense someone not getting banned for having building and weapons over a 100 lvls before they officially unlock

@Fuzzy.

Understand your thinking, it not the robbery that's the problem its the gloating & smack they want to add after.

@Nicky

That's what I thought too, the drop of defence has improved the game play.

The emerald burner is a modified green M4 that has stat of over 200 att/def that gives the owner a modifier than enable the owner to bank their cash without losing the 10% bankers charge.

I know JoeyCool, Plux & Victus has one if you're on their friend list.

TruthHurts
11-20-2012, 07:35 AM
I didn't bank early on , but at the high levels have started to bank my cash. Especially when you are involved in an ingame rivalry, you don't want the enemy getting your cash!

OP: much better posting, kudos.

Swearengen
11-20-2012, 07:37 AM
@Fig/SinSir

agreed, started no banking again today...

Off topic but I really haven't focussed on my IPH upgrades lately, sort of took some time off to build def bldgs & buy FBI shields with in game cash, now switching back and forth to IPH.

TRAZ
11-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Always banked even before I got the Emerald Burner. Never saw a reason to give the money away to rivals.

fuzzy
11-20-2012, 08:22 AM
@Fuzzy.

Understand your thinking, it not the robbery that's the problem its the gloating & smack they want to add after.

100% correct

Must rivals (not on forum) do not understand that even if they take your 300k that you are still winning because the bank is to expensive at 10%. So they talk there smack.

I get enough smack talk on my wall from wanna be gangs, I do not need them talking about taking 300k every 2 hours from me. Even though 300k does not buy them 1 Sarin Gas Grenade which they most likely lost during the attack on me.

Kissnight
11-20-2012, 08:33 AM
My answer is in the beginning game tutorial

It taught u to do jobs
It taught u to collect rewards
It taught u to fight
It taught u to build
It taught u to use gold to pretend u have been played for a long time...

Bank? R u pay me annual interest?

U ppl who do no bank make this game more like a game.

SinSir
11-20-2012, 08:45 AM
@Swearengen.

The building and upgrading of defence buildings was a sound idea, which I myself had deployed that strategy.
I also ignored all my money building and started improving my defence.

Then gree released the free daily scratcher which still wasn't significant enough for me to change my strategy as most weapon emphasised on attack gain then a defensive gain.

It was only after gree added the epic boss event, I change my strategy to carry on building the remaining missile turrets & concentrate on upgrading money buildings only.

I myself have been quite fortunate in get high ratio of defensive weapon from the epic bosses so by concentrating on the money building upgrades seem the best option I had anticipated.

As I said I'm eventing.

If the reward is greater than the xp consumed I'll do the event, if it seem like the reward is far less than the xp used I'll walk away.

Using this method I had not participated in the PvP (TP) event, the 30 thug event & the most recent top 25 event as I'm against wasting my xp on low returns.

This strategy also prevents me from looting specific loot areas.
I now just concentrate on doing the maps to lvl 5 and getting the extra skill point.

RijilV
11-20-2012, 09:39 AM
bank, but only because I'm still doing PVP to get RP and just blind attack so I'd loose a ton to that.

SinSir
11-20-2012, 09:57 AM
@Traz.

Unless the rivals has a link to your hood, its not easy to locate a certain rival on the rival list.
As I have a good economy & cash on hand.
I very rarely go on a tick for tack revenge, if your income is near mines or better then I'll play with fire.
Stat have to be near same too.

Lets say since the last 10 days I've earnt around $200m, this cash banked would have given me an overall loss of $20m but in the same 10 days I only got robbed today 3 successful $30k attacks and won 3 time to give me a whopping $5700 of my own money.

If you add it up and subtract the loss, it makes a true gain of $19,994,300.
So in the 10 days if I had promptly banked my cash I would have made a very significant loss.
If I had a Emmy Burner then I'd be banking indiscriminately.

@Fuzzy.

The only word that comes in my head regarding your rivals are 'Syntactic'

@Kissnight

Your stats look scary, I'll bank once your breathing behind my neck.

TRAZ
11-20-2012, 12:45 PM
@Traz.

Unless the rivals has a link to your hood, its not easy to locate a certain rival on the rival list.

Just wanted to reply to this part, so only quoted that portion of it.

By rivals I usually mean cheats. Doesn't matter where you're at as I've had a level 28 cheater hit me before and I'm level 200 and GREE won't refund or replace what they take from you. You just get the blanket statement from GREE.

Paulio
11-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Oops I read it wrong. I used to no bank in levels 151-175, but not in the HLs

SinSir
11-20-2012, 03:07 PM
By rivals I usually mean cheats. Doesn't matter where you're at as I've had a level 28 cheater hit me before and I'm level 200 and GREE won't refund or replace what they take from you. You just get the blanket statement from GREE.

Traz that an amazing response from gree.

I'm no blowing no fanfare for gree but with me and support, I've always got a prompt reply and the issue has been sort as best as possible.

Even recently I had a issue with none awarding of a weapon which gree bent backward to compensate me for that weapon.
To be fair I did say I would quit if they don't sort it out.

I noticed support like dates, times & screenshots of any problem the more info you have the quicker gree fixes the issue.

As with any company some issues they never grasp so the fix is never made (e.g the no bank collection glitch) basically if you collect your money building and no bank it and log out the game straight after collecting.
Your rival will see the money buildings that you just collected open and can be robbed.
So once the pay cycle completes after that phantom robbery, your building pays the lower amount of cash.

Cheaters are funny, they don't come in my hood.
I'm assuming there must be some hidden rule amongst cheats not to fall victim of the sharp eyes of Fig as he can spot a cheater from miles.

I can't remember the last time I had a suspected cheat pass my hood.

@Paulio

I could imagine tough place to carry even a couple of $.

That just remind me of the wildlife program, you have the king of the jungle aka lion hunts and down a wildebeest.
Out of nowhere you'll have a straggly hyena who just stays there at a distance and howl until slowly but surely a whole group of 30 strong hyenas will appear.
The lion knowing the odd are stacked against him he'll walk away to fight another day.

So just saying this game is quite similar.

Regardless the 1 on 1 strength you have, if a pack of rabid hyenas come wanting war it's best to move along then go toe to toe.

Euchred
11-20-2012, 03:17 PM
I've been no banking as long as anyone at level 200 and I don't plan to start even when I don't need the money. My accumulated wealth will be my trophy.

Big Bad Wolf
11-20-2012, 03:37 PM
I will bank until my IPH is 1.5 mil. After that I'm just wasting my money by the bank interest. With all nonconsumable explosives, there's no additional expenses to replenish.

Deluxe
11-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Yah what they all said...3 mill/hr is out of this world and im the biggest baddest player named deluxe who is also at level 181...

dads
11-20-2012, 04:53 PM
I have the stats not to bank & probably shouldn't taking math into account.

Deluxe
11-20-2012, 05:53 PM
I have the stats not to bank & probably shouldn't taking math into account.

Uhhhhhh what? So you have the stats to do it...but you shouldnt...bit of a contradiction, no?

Tomatoneverdie
11-20-2012, 06:12 PM
I leave just enough money for opening crates or fighting Bosses, but not enough for the big spenders to bother, yes, I'm chickensht😆

SinSir
11-20-2012, 06:17 PM
@TruthHurts

I Missed your post on the thread earlier.
Thanks.

@Deluxe

How are you nice income.

I believe the poster is saying, the level he is on, his stats are good enough to no bank but once you do the calculation (potentially been hit $300k x 12 per 24h) in relation to how much he banks per 24h he don't feel to take the risk.

I could be wrong.

@Euchred

I'm with you on that having your accumulated wealth on hand, is a sweet trophy to have.

Sam @
11-20-2012, 06:24 PM
I bank because I have the emerald burner, but I'm going to start no banking again.

Hopefully I can bait someone to attack me and leave me links 

Elastic Earl
11-20-2012, 06:40 PM
I bank because I have the emerald burner, but I'm going to start no banking again.

Hopefully I can bait someone to attack me and leave me links 

Ha Ha Ha! If they did they would deserve whatever they got.

I am a low level player I already know you have monster stats. Well advertised.

That would be like shooting a grizzly bear with a BB gun!

hope someone gives it a shot. good luck

Tomatoneverdie
11-20-2012, 06:47 PM
There are enough stupid people in CC, so I won't be surprised

I remembered how I accidentally attacked someone with 3x my stat while checking out his hood, that was embarrassing....

Sam @
11-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Oh you will be surprised how many people try.

There's one guy who attacks me and loses all the time, and sometimes he'll attack me again in 10 minutes. Do these people just close their eyes and tap the attack button?!

And funny thing is this guy has been doing it for months. Thanks for the free money and wins increase 

Elastic Earl
11-20-2012, 07:10 PM

There's one guy who attacks me and loses all the time, and sometimes he'll attack me again in 10 minutes. Do these people just close their eyes and tap the attack button?!

And funny thing is this guy has been doing it for months. Thanks for the free money and wins increase 

Going out on a limb and guessing that player is not a forum member...

Tomatoneverdie
11-20-2012, 07:13 PM

He probably think he has more people in his mafia so he should win. You can't fix stupid, stupid is forever....

KemoKidd
11-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Why wouldnt I when I have a 0% banking deposit fee? I haven't lost a fight in a loooong time but banking also helps my game sync so my buildings timers can reset.

dads
11-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Uhhhhhh what? So you have the stats to do it...but you shouldnt...bit of a contradiction, no?

Ok you got me.

I don't have the stats to not bank & probably should I ment.
Or was it I have the stats not to bank & probably should

I can't rember jeeps I make this up as I go along how am I supposed to rember what I think.

–---
Just to keep bang on topic.
Truth was it should of read; I have the stats not to bank & probably shouldn't bank,taking math into account.

SinSir
11-21-2012, 09:47 AM
@Sam

Going by the other forum poster, you have immense stats.
As the bank charge is null & void you might have a happy hour in your hood where you can put your cash on view for any would be victims.

Also I can give over 3 reason why the weak rival has been attacking for months.
The most interesting reason being:

The person uses that account as a 'Distraction Rival'

Simply if a rival who is linked via your empire times know that you're relentlessly hitting him.

He could ask/use a low stat mafia,friend or second account, to hit a rival with a gap of 1 min, this would cause the rival to have news feed for ever single attack.
This would cause the major rival to drop from your empire time.
Giving the major rival some relief so he can drop his mafia to 300 odd without any detection.

Most likely scenario.

LOL @dads.

Dipstik
11-21-2012, 09:53 AM
hit a rival with a gap of 1 min, this would cause the rival to have news feed for ever single attack.

Why do people still believe this?

SinSir
11-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Why do people still believe this?

If you know better then fine, but I myself notice if a rival hit between a minute crossover and hit and won 10 attacks I'll get two feeds one say you got attacked lost $.. & another on the minute cross over.

Dippy have you tried that tactic before?

Dipstik
11-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Here... I'll explain it again. First of all, understand that the news feed has a set number of entries. I do not know exactly how many there are, but I believe it's around 40. Similar entries are grouped on the DISPLAY, but ten grouped entries (for example, ten successful attacks against you in a row by the same player) STILL TAKE UP TEN SPACES on the news! You do not fill up a player's news feed by spacing out your attacks or by alternating between attacks and robberies or by taking turns attacking with another person. All you accomplish by using those strategies is to make more items show up on their DISPLAYED news feed, but you will not actually knock any more old entries off.

Example: assume the news is 40 entries long.

Person A attacked me ten times
Person B attacked me ten times
Person C attacked me ten timse
Person D attacked me ten times

My news feed right now says:

You were attacked by D
You were attacked by C
You were attacked by B
You were attacked by A

That's it... only 4 entries

Now you come along and you want to fill up my news feed by spacing out your attacks ten seconds apart... you attack me ten times, but 3 minutes apart each time.

Now my news feed says :

You were attacked by SinSir
You were attacked by Player D
You were attacked by Player C
You were attacked by Player B

You'll notice that ten entries got knocked off, but only the attack by player A is gone.

Now 3 random players come along and rob me one time each

now my news feed says:

You were robbed by #1
You were robbed by #2
You were robbed by #3
You were attacked by Player D
You were attacked by Player C
You were attacked by Player B

3 entries were knocked off the back of my news, but nothing really changed because the bottom entry consisted of a group of 10 entries. He's still there.

Now someone comes along and robs me 40 times in a row successfully. Now my news says:

You were robbed by Annoying Dumbass.

That's it. One entry taking up the entire news feed. It will take 40 new events to knock that off the bottom.

Get it? This isn't rocket science, but it amazes me how many people who think they're the masters of this game *cough*indians*cough* still believe they can game the news feed.

sister morphine
11-21-2012, 10:36 AM
This may all be true, but 21 alternating successful robs and attacks will produce a big red smear down the rival's feed. It's psychology which will work on some people and not on others. The same tactic but unsuccessfully employed against you produces a lovely green smear which is amusing and comforting.

Dipstik
11-21-2012, 10:37 AM
eyeroll.jpg

murf
11-21-2012, 11:04 AM

Same here ;)

Sam @
11-21-2012, 12:17 PM
@Sam
Going by the other forum poster, you have immense stats.
As the bank charge is null & void you might have a happy hour in your hood where you can put your cash on view for any would be victims.

Also I can give over 3 reason why the weak rival has been attacking for months.
The most interesting reason being:

The person uses that account as a 'Distraction Rival'

Simply if a rival who is linked via your empire times know that you're relentlessly hitting him.

He could ask/use a low stat mafia,friend or second account, to hit a rival with a gap of 1 min, this would cause the rival to have news feed for ever single attack.
Giving the major rival some relief so he can drop his mafia to 300 odd without any detection.

Most likely scenario.

LOL @dads.

That's what I thought at first but this person only hits me once or twice, at most 3 or 4 times max per day. I think he either has bad memory or he just attacks every name on the rivals list.

Plus I can never hit him because he's always too beat up 

My guess is perhaps he's using some program to automatically attack people randomly? If not then he's one dumb guy 

Sam @
11-21-2012, 12:18 PM

Baller! 

Nicky the Nose
11-21-2012, 12:34 PM
No banking on 2 accounts, doing thugs life and no banking on lv 60 account have only had 3 people try to retaliate and have not lost yet. Sure someone will beat me soon

Ramshutu
11-21-2012, 01:23 PM
No banking on 2 accounts, doing thugs life and no banking on lv 60 account have only had 3 people try to retaliate and have not lost yet. Sure someone will beat me soon

What's your in game name? I was searching for you for ages...

Nicky the Nose
11-21-2012, 01:59 PM
What's your in game name? I was searching for you for ages...

Lv 60 is ipad
camper is Nicky

Olly1
11-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Lv 60 is ipad
camper is Nicky

Nice avoidance work right there...;)

Nicky the Nose
11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Nice avoidance work right there...;)

Not sure I follow

Ramshutu
11-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Lv 60 is ipad
camper is Nicky

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t511/ramshutu/nickyuno.jpeg

Nicky the Nose
11-21-2012, 02:20 PM
If I I should interpret in this way

U have two accounts
Lv60 Account name is iPad
Camper account u don't want us know level but name is Nicky

oh its lv 14

I started ipad leveled to fast got my head handed to me was gonna quit, even sold all my buildings then find forum and figured I'ld start over and try again with ipad account

Nicky the Nose
11-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Ur target name is not Nicky but ipad.

What? now I'm really confused. Look at post 61

Tomatoneverdie
11-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Lv 60 is ipad
camper is Nicky

Lol, you just told a bunch of hungry wolves that you are a piece of juicy meat!

Nicky the Nose
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
If they can beat it more power to them, it was dead once it can be again

SinSir
11-21-2012, 06:03 PM
@Dippy

TLDRTT (Too long did read three times)

The theory you have formulated doesn't answer the question to the point, it proves my idea more conceivable.

@Sam

I am throwing out my suggestion and agreeing with yours.

My guess is perhaps he's using some program to automatically attack people randomly? If not then he's one dumb guy 

A good way to see if it's true is to try locate him on your rivals(unless his name is Alex).
If the player has the orange gun sign over his head but still too beaten up to fight then I'd say he has hacked the game.

Dipstik
11-21-2012, 06:23 PM
The only part I was commenting on was your belief that staggering your attacks so they don't get grouped on the news does anything to bump more entries off the rival's news than just attacking normally.

SinSir
11-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Dippy, Thanks for the insight.