PDA

View Full Version : Is this a hypocritical statement ?

Dreno33
11-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Crime City Mark posted a questionable statement, in my opinion, and I was wondering what you all thought.

Click >HERE (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36131-Posting-Guidelines)< for CCM's thread on POSTING GUIDELINES:

Please do not:

Advertise any product and / or service
Discuss locked threads or staff / moderator disciplinary actions
Discuss unreleased or Staging content that has not been posted or previewed
Engage in religious or political discussion
Flame, Troll, or otherwise be a nuisance
Go off topic
Hijack, Spam, or Necro a thread
Insult or deride any player or staff member
POST ALL IN CAPS
Post any content or engage in discussion about non-Funzio games
Post any form of nudity or sexual content
Post any form or racist or discriminatory content
Reveal your or anyone else's personal information
Swear or use any obscenities (Cutting out a single letter or replacing with symbols counts as swearing, we all know what you mean.)
Repeatedly bump a thread without adding new content.

Click >HERE (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42064-So-what-you-ve-spent-real-money-to-buy-fake-gold)< for PJ's thread with CCM's quote below:

You've already created multiple threads about this. Keep it confined to your original thread.

Paraphrased:
"It is against forum policy to necro a thread and I have stated many times in the past to just create a new thread rather then necroing. But today, it is against the policy to create a new thread and you should have necroed your other thread."
Is this possibly a hypocritical statement from our forum manager?

Fl@sh
11-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Thread necro is not clearly defined. It's considered necro after... how long?

Hero of Time
11-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Don't discuss staff members.
Don't discuss locked threads(the link you provided to PJ's thread is a locked thread).

Mcdoc
11-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Thread Closed - LoL

Dry
11-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I Don't get this treads

Arizona
11-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Hmmmmm!
The content of the OP is ambiguous. If you paraphrase, then you can't directly quote him; and I don't believe what you quoted is something CCM said.
Perhaps in the context of his reply to PJ, he could have meant quit with all the threads within hours or days of each other on the same topic. It's a bit different from digging up a dead thread from many months ago. Ya, necroing is open to interpretation, but a bit of common sense is assumed.
So no, not hypocritical.

Dr. Dengus
11-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Depends on your definition of an old thread. CCM wanted PJ to confine all of his statements to the thread created ~3 weeks ago, which I wouldn't consider necroing since the whole boycott thing is still relevant and not say 4 months old.

Lol and Dry, you're lucky impersonating a mod isn't against posting guidelines. I could see CCM slapping a short ban on you if so.

Crime City Mark
11-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Crime City Mark posted a questionable statement, in my opinion, and I was wondering what you all thought.

Click >HERE (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36131-Posting-Guidelines)< for CCM's thread on POSTING GUIDELINES:

Click >HERE (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42064-So-what-you-ve-spent-real-money-to-buy-fake-gold)< for PJ's thread with CCM's quote below:

Paraphrased:
"It is against forum policy to necro a thread and I have stated many times in the past to just create a new thread rather then necroing. But today, it is against the policy to create a new thread and you should have necroed your other thread."
Is this possibly a hypocritical statement from our forum manager?

Generally thread necro is 2+ weeks. I'm a bit more lenient in cases where the post is of actual value. In this case, the forum member has been creating new threads to discuss the content of their original thread nearly daily.

Crime City Mark
11-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Don't discuss staff members.
Don't discuss locked threads(the link you provided to PJ's thread is a locked thread).

This is true. I'm giving it a pass this time though in the spirit of explanation.

Dry
11-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Look CCM ,, we r twins

Crime City Mark
11-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah, not cool. You'll want to change that. It's pretty easy to build an impersonation argument.

Dry
11-19-2012, 04:36 PM
All I need now is color ....hmm