PDA

View Full Version : Low Ally Count

BringIt
11-19-2012, 11:58 AM
I am wondering why some people choose to have ally counts that are lower than their allowed. Does this mean that people with the max amount of allies for their level cannot find people with considerably less than the max?

Fl@sh
11-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Yes, it makes you invisible.

Ferr
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Lol. No worries, just dont use gold!

Ryans67
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
I've found that I can see people within 50 of my ally count, up to max. (50 down also). There are also a couple lists that are messed up showing counts all over. But for the most part, you can hide at the lower ally counts where your density is the strongest.

emcee
11-19-2012, 04:24 PM
It makes you more or less invisible at lower levels. My level 14 account even with minimal alliance members has had no activity, I believe, since early this year. Most of the time since I began playing last year it has been at zero alliance. I'm not invisible as I do get an occasional comment.
Level 34 account with zero alliance gets on average 1 unsuccessful attack/raid every couple of days.
Being invisible is more a matter of your current level.
Incidentally, I have the most current version of the game. Some have mentioned having an older version may further help.

Shinazueli
11-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Low ally count is an excellent strategy for Tapjoy and very light gold players. You can get incredible densities (>400) in this manner, to the point where only heavy gold players who are camping (read:nobody) can touch you. I don't spend money on this game, but I've gotten several iTunes gift cards and used them on my KA account, I haven't met anyone even half my stats, which is purely a function of low ally counts and lower levels. The spread at which you can be seen is very low at lower levels. I can only see up to 19 allies on my LLP (5 allies, level 25) MW account, and I'm fairly certain that's how far down you can be seen as well, since I'm in the tens of millions and haven't had anyone win an attack since level two. I'm sure if higher allies could see me they'd put a hurting on me, given my measly defense. It's nice. I'll probably have to change something once I level, though. Hoping to get my level 6 electric power plants before someone finds me. Lol.

C0720
11-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Low allies is great … until you want to take on the Boss!!!

General Soviet
11-19-2012, 06:24 PM
It keeps you off the radar of super-powerful players.

Shinazueli
11-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Low allies is great … until you want to take on the Boss!!!

I forgot to mention that is the very major disadvantage of this strategy. However, since it appears that unless you are a gold player, it's almost impossible to win the boss event anyway. I'd rather upgrade my nanos when I unlock them than get some crap common unit and get to boss 28 and complain about how hard the boss is.

I don't play any of the events, once you realize the game is heavily rigged, you have only yourself to blame if you continue playing.