PDA

View Full Version : New strategy

Ferr
11-19-2012, 01:31 AM
I am thinking to implement a strategy next sunday which painfully shows the structural inbalance of the game by hitting players between say 100 and 120 relentlessly and post on their walls that they have been Greed. Obviously, i would not hit all you forum members if you have send me your invite.

Please comment on this idea and if you would join me.

Ferr
11-19-2012, 01:39 AM
Also i am back on 114 allies and rising to implement above strategy.

Lucky4u
11-19-2012, 01:57 AM
Welcome back ferr...best of luck with your new strategy...

Guderian40
11-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Ferr, I like this idea. And yes, the total inbalance, in many ways (not only gold/free, but also defense and money buildings (see upgrades thread below), units, specific values, levels, events....) is the most annoying point of the game.

Learning by experience, good idea - for those who haven't got it yet.

Thunder Child
11-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Certainly not against the strategy. My only thought is that a lengthier / clearer message on the 'victim's' wall would serve your purpose better. Good luck with it, if you opt to go ahead.

James_mac
11-19-2012, 02:27 AM
Haha sound like fun mate. They won't stand a chance

MadManDK
11-19-2012, 03:24 AM
@Ferr, not sure how you expect this to change anything, other than create a bunch of unhappy level 100-120 players (which in it self might be fun).

If you want to get the attention of Gree (which should be the point of this), you probably would need to post on the walls of these players that they should submit a ticket to Gree Support, stating how wrong this situation is. Maybe even giving them the exact message for them to send. With this you might even extend the range to 100-150 and with that seriously flooding Gree Support.

Just my 5 cents.

BigD@wg
11-19-2012, 03:59 AM
Anything that will spread the word. I agree with the other posts that it will likely require a detailed message on their wall.

Bronson
11-19-2012, 04:07 AM
TC is normally very eloquent with his writing so maybe he can draft up a message for you to post on victims walls.

I could also run thru players in the low 90s if you want me to.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-19-2012, 04:41 AM
It's a silly idea.
It's the same as someone not being able to defend against you, and them saying they'll attack your allies instead.
So?
How does that hurt you?
It doesn't, and your attacks against weaker players does nothing to motivate Gree.
Your best strategy is to stick to the boycott, maintain your integrity, and forget about this useless game.
Why worry if Gree never fixes it?
If they don't, just stop playing it.
Don't be stupid or small, have integrity and honor.
Sorry, I'm boycotting the game, and wish to retain my honor and integrity.

I am thinking to implement a strategy next sunday which painfully shows the structural inbalance of the game by hitting players between say 100 and 120 relentlessly and post on their walls that they have been Greed. Obviously, i would not hit all you forum members if you have send me your invite.

Please comment on this idea and if you would join me.

manbeast
11-19-2012, 04:51 AM
Damn PJ. I think that's the first post I've seen of yours written in plain English with no caps and all real words. I like it.

I tend to agree. If posting 100 boycott threads in this forum and boycotting doesn't bring change, attacking players in the game definitely won't. Just spread word about the boycott in game.

Also, if you do decide to go ahead with this strategy I would wait until 3.0 is released. Maybe they have been working on the issues and put some fixes in there.

chimera69
11-19-2012, 05:07 AM
As one of the biggest gold players around, you want to attack people 80 levels below you & then tell them the game's unbalanced (something everyone knows well before those levels) & don't buy gold (from a man with insane stats from months of gold buying)? Why in heavens name would you possibly think this would do anything other than piss people off, thinking that you're just a bully & a hypocrite?

How about you actually do something constructive & creative to grow your boycott/no gold idea...

Visit as many people as you can in a day. Leave a message on their wall about the upcoming MW3 & factions. Give a link to Gree's MW3 site for this & also suggest they then check here on the forum for more info on the game (give a link to the forum as well). Once they visit the forum, they'll automatically see all your boycott stuff and begin to think about their choices. You can then have conversations with them from there.

Thunder Child
11-19-2012, 05:12 AM
TC is normally very eloquent with his writing so maybe he can draft up a message for you to post on victims walls.I could also run thru players in the low 90s if you want me to.From what I've seen, Ferr seems to string hs words together just fine!

albeezy
11-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Another reason the game is imbalanced, the cheaters are winning and the legit players are losing! On your way back up give Tyler level 200 a few love taps. He has 199 advanced base builders and is hacking. He has been reported by me and numerous others ingame and is still around. When people like this are allowed to continue playing while our fellow forum members are getting banned for saving 200 million for an expensive upgrade it is just absurd!

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-19-2012, 05:52 AM
On your way back up give Tyler level 200 a few love taps. He has 199 advanced base builders and is hacking. He has been reported by me and numerous others ingame and is still around. When people like this are allowed to continue playing while our fellow forum members are getting banned for saving 200 million or an expensive upgrade it is just absurd!

Why worry about hackers?

Who knows, some of them might be Gree employees?

I say, bully for the hackers, they're the only thing that really gets anything done.

They're like rattlesnakes, they have a purpose.

They're doing to Gree, what Gree is doing to us.

If you see a hacker, thank him or her.

They're simply repaying Gree for ALL Gree is doing (has done) to us!!!!

iamnasty
11-19-2012, 05:59 AM
Why worry about hackers?

Who knows, some of them might be Gree employees?

I say, bully for the hackers, they're the only thing that really gets anything done.

They're like rattlesnakes, they have a purpose.

They're doing to Gree, what Gree is doing to us.

If you see a hacker, thank him or her.

They're simply repaying Gree for ALL Gree is doing (has done) to us!!!!

PJ, I do agreed with you comments and have the same thinking as you, let the hackers do the work to teach GREEd a lesson since GREEd shut the door own us !!!!

Giedrybe
11-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Ferr, I don't see any clear link between the strategy and your target.

Spreading the word is not the same as decimating somebody. You can post on their walls, but I understand it is boring job.

Jhenry02
11-19-2012, 10:29 AM
It's a silly idea.
It's the same as someone not being able to defend against you, and them saying they'll attack your allies instead.
So?
How does that hurt you?
It doesn't, and your attacks against weaker players does nothing to motivate Gree.
Your best strategy is to stick to the boycott, maintain your integrity, and forget about this useless game.
Why worry if Gree never fixes it?
If they don't, just stop playing it.
Don't be stupid or small, have integrity and honor.
Sorry, I'm boycotting the game, and wish to retain my honor and integrity.

For once you and I are in complete agreement.

Stand tall Ferr, don't give in.

Ferr
11-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Obviously, the whole purpose of this action is to let it rain complaint tickets. If all gold spenders would focus on attacking a specific area of levels, for sure gree would get overwhelmed with the consequences of their inbalanced game. It does not require any gold so i dont see how it could influence the main part of this boycott to which i adhere. I do agree that the post on their walls should be more informative.

However, if my fellow boycotters do not see the value of this action and do not join, the action would fail as just one person will not have that much of an impact. Hence, i wont attack.

Guderian40
11-19-2012, 10:50 AM
I still like Ferr's idea. It is a combination of several measures, which could change things or demonstrate that GREE does not care about its customers: boycott on top, hackers in their ways and showing people that it is senseless to buy gold in that imbalanced game.

In the lower levels I met many players who spend a few amount of their pocket money or whatever on buying virtual gold, which is of no use in the higher levels anyway. So, to attack low and medium gold players (better in lower levels right from the beginning) with much superior attack values and leaving a message at their boards could show them how senseless things are.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Our enemy, at the moment, is Gree.

Why make enemies out of each other?

That doesn't make sense, it only makes you a bully.

So Gree gets flooded with more tickets.

Why would that make Gree care?

It wouldn't, it would only make them have more tickets to ignore.

Plus, it would turn off the innocent victims who have done nothing to anyone, but try to play a game.

One more point about posting the same message on dozens, if not hundreds of walls, Gree might consider that spamming.

The TOS advise not to spam walls.

You might post one or two messages asking those people to post to one or two others, if they agree with your message.

I'd be careful at posting dozens of messages with the same content.

Or, you might simply ask players to visit this forum, give them the link, and ask them to post their opinion about game improvements.

Ferr
11-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Our enemy, at the moment, is Gree.

Why make enemies out of each other?

That doesn't make sense, it only makes you a bully.

So Gree gets flooded with more tickets.

Why would that make Gree care?

It wouldn't, it would only make them have more tickets to ignore.

Plus, it would turn off the innocent victims who have done nothing to anyone, but try to play a game.
In essence i dont care to be a bully. Do you?
If innocent victims are being turned off, i dont care, do you?
the question is: Does gree care if that happens? If not then my action is useles. If yes .........

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-19-2012, 11:51 AM
In essence i dont care to be a bully. Do you?
If innocent victims are being turned off, i dont care, do you?
the question is: Does gree care if that happens? If not then my action is useles. If yes .........

You're a lawyer, but you're not asking the right questions.

Never alienate those that aren't involved in your squabble.

I can't predict what Gree will do.

I can tell you what I have observed.

Its been three weeks, and Gree has ignored our reasonable demands.

I think Gree doesn't care.

Gree will probably never care about this game.

This game doesn't fit the gambling sweet spot all that well.

And, to be quite honest, this game is boring.

This game would be boring if it worked properly.

I can barely spend one minute playing the game, before I grow weary and bored.

Sometimes you must face the truth, even if its painful and not what you want to know.

I think its time I moved on, but I've got one more week to decide.

Ferr
11-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Then there would be no hope whatsoever and no cause to battle for..... Pj, i m not there yet and you neither, i know that. I ll wait, i ll boycott but i wont wont give up.

megaants
11-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Or it could cause frustration for low level players, making them realize they have to spend gold. and if they spend, it would just make your boycott worthless.

Ferr
11-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Or it could cause frustration for low level players, making them realize they have to spend gold. and if they spend, it would just make your boycott worthless.
Thats possible i guess. I would perhaps state my stats and the money i have spend to get there......

Fl@sh
11-19-2012, 12:12 PM
The problem with your strategy is - Do the people you're going to attack care enough to open complaint tickets? Most people I encounter just give up and think about quiting the game outright, knowing they will never be able to compete with what I have.

negotiator
11-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Several of the people do not even know how to file a ticket or that is an option. Several people I have introduced to this game have had problems and when I tell them to file a ticket they do not have a clue.

Ferr
11-19-2012, 12:26 PM
The problem with your strategy is - Do the people you're going to attack care enough to open complaint tickets? Most people I encounter just give up and think about quiting the game outright, knowing they will never be able to compete with what I have.
Does that also apply to level 120 you think?

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Then there would be no hope whatsoever and no cause to battle for..... Pj, i m not there yet and you neither, i know that. I ll wait, i ll boycott but i wont wont give up.

Okay, we have two very intriguing things we have not yet tried.

Lets call them High Joker and Low Joker.

They are two trump cards that, in any game, can always pull a book.

That said, we can try one next week, and the other the subsequent week.

Rather, we can introduce them to others and ask them to try them, too.

I'll email you, and our other friends, now.

Selfproclaimed
11-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Gree doesn't care about an influx in tickets. If they double up in a week. Then double the amount will just sit there. If soo many players do indeed complain about the constant hits from people with golden armies. I would think if anything, that would hurt your cause.

Ryans67
11-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Am I the only one that is wondering what happened to our video recording feature? :D

Crime City Mark
11-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Am I the only one that is wondering what happened to our video recording feature? :D

Players didn't want it, so we didn't develop it. That's what happened.

Ryans67
11-19-2012, 01:56 PM

I was joking Mark, thanks for banning Jeffrey though.

MaximumFun
11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
I was joking Mark, thanks for banning Jeffrey though.

Seconded..

Mad
11-19-2012, 02:21 PM

One thing you had mentioned, which I personally liked, was an ingame chat feature. That may prove beneficial especially with the development of factions.

licker_low
11-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Yes, an in game ability to broadcast messages to your allies would be great. Really tired of copy/ paste and trying to look for allies. Other games have a broadcast feature.

Ferr
11-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Wow, talking about stealing a thread lol. There is still humor in this world.

Ferr
11-19-2012, 03:52 PM
I must say ccm, the liberal approach you have on what is being said on this forum i appreciate. I wish though we could have a conversation. Its late here, cold and rainy, how is it there?

Ferr
11-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Gree doesn't care about an influx in tickets. If they double up in a week. Then double the amount will just sit there. If soo many players do indeed complain about the constant hits from people with golden armies. I would think if anything, that would hurt your cause.
Then there are not many more in game actions i can think of.....

Agent Orange
11-19-2012, 06:39 PM

Oddly that was what I thought would be the biggest reason for Gree to actually try and do something. If they suddenly had players dumping the game then we would be hitting their income stream. Granted if we really wanted to mess them up it would probably be best to hit much lower level players say in the 10s-20s but that would be a difficult strategy because doing so would level you up so you wouldn't be too effective.

Jhenry02
11-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Seems like, if everyone stopped spending on the game, they would cut bake and dump it, not work on fixing it.

Selfproclaimed
11-19-2012, 07:19 PM
I remember someone saying in the App Store. To give it a low rating. If done in a mass amount of numbers. The games rating level might actually be effected and in turn same scenario,less new players,then have to turn to their whales. Ultimately I can't see any major alterations done though, and to calm the mob down, I see a gold sale of some sort, and possibly a behind closed doors bonus for the bigger players. That's just my personal opinion on it though,could be wrong.

Harry Tuttle
11-19-2012, 09:39 PM

LOL of all the posts in all the threads THIS is what gets a response!

Giedrybe
11-20-2012, 03:11 AM
Ferr, why it needs to be ingame action? Why a certain limitation?

Few articles in media can potentially hurt them and be visible for decision makers. Now this certain strategy of this thread is somehow too far away from your objectives.

You are going to decimate much lower level players, most of them are free players, only for creating bigger inflow of tickets? Ok - CJ, A, Viet and some others would be "hurt", but all the community as well as some players have some legitimate issues need to be solved. So who is really paying the price? Decision makers would see some impact only when CCM continues to inform about these issues and customer service ratings goes down for several weeks/months in a row, only then somebody raises the question why this has happened?
"-Due to slow response time".
"-Why?"
"-Because of many tickets?"
"So what? What they are about?"
"About legitimate heavy gold players attacking for fun lower level free players."
"Are you using our well developed copy-paste answer method?"
"Yes, sir. In any case, these tickets are from free players anyways".

I seriously believe that you need to be visible in order to achieve your target. So SP mentioned Apple store, you are using this forum as a stage. I cannot the realistic link between your strategy and your target. Even if it would work for you, you would not be by any means satisfied with the "speed" of it.

This is really up to you how to play this game and to seek for your goals, but as this thread was kind of asking for opinions, I wanted to say mine.

Crime City Mark
11-20-2012, 11:27 AM
LOL of all the posts in all the threads THIS is what gets a response!

Yeah, it's weird which threads I pick sometimes.

Ferr
11-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Ferr, why it needs to be ingame action? Why a certain limitation?

Few articles in media can potentially hurt them and be visible for decision makers. Now this certain strategy of this thread is somehow too far away from your objectives.

You are going to decimate much lower level players, most of them are free players, only for creating bigger inflow of tickets? Ok - CJ, A, Viet and some others would be "hurt", but all the community as well as some players have some legitimate issues need to be solved. So who is really paying the price? Decision makers would see some impact only when CCM continues to inform about these issues and customer service ratings goes down for several weeks/months in a row, only then somebody raises the question why this has happened?
"-Due to slow response time".
"-Why?"
"-Because of many tickets?"
"So what? What they are about?"
"About legitimate heavy gold players attacking for fun lower level free players."
"Are you using our well developed copy-paste answer method?"
"Yes, sir. In any case, these tickets are from free players anyways".

I seriously believe that you need to be visible in order to achieve your target. So SP mentioned Apple store, you are using this forum as a stage. I cannot the realistic link between your strategy and your target. Even if it would work for you, you would not be by any means satisfied with the "speed" of it.

This is really up to you how to play this game and to seek for your goals, but as this thread was kind of asking for opinions, I wanted to say mine.
Ty, good arguments and good reasoning. Another reason for me not to implement this is that, although i have said otherwise to pj, i do not want to behave like a bully. It does not become me. I am happy to slaughter someone in this game if, according to my standards he deserved it but not for political or other far related reasons.

Ferr
11-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Yeah, it's weird which threads I pick sometimes.
New strategies are always worth picking!