PDA

View Full Version : Warning about building your income

procsyzarc
11-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Have now heard back from surport and my account was banned because I had 200m on hand. Apparently building your income and saving for bigger upgrades must be against their tos. Anyone who has seen my account knows my income has been built up over nearly a year of upgrading and saving.

Gree if it is against your tos to have 200m why are their many upgrades that cost much more than this amount?

Copenhagen
11-17-2012, 08:38 AM
With so many obvious hackers, I'm surprised that would trigger a lock.

Tanner
11-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Nooooooooo.....Waaaaaay.

Arizona
11-17-2012, 08:40 AM
quote what they said exactly

Baraka
11-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Mmmm well that's stupid. I dnt wanna ban.

overkill 280
11-17-2012, 08:42 AM
That's ridiculous!

procsyzarc
11-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks for contacting Support. This account has been banned for violating our Terms of Service. Can you explain how you got 200,270,929 cash in your account?

Poopenshire
11-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Are we surprised. I scrubbed the TOS. Its not in there. Complain to Apple and your local BBB.

Dreno33
11-17-2012, 08:49 AM
This makes me want to punch the GREE staff.
Get your sh!t together and hire some idiots with the decency to at least check the IPH of the accused. goddam...

Bronson
11-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Makes me want to save up 200,270,929 cash

boardgames rule
11-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Wow that is sad. Very sad. Gree u get rid of real players but leave the hackers and glictchrers

manbeast
11-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Your join date is October 2011 for crying out loud. I guess you are guilty until proven innocent?! They should be able to see if you hacked the money or just saved up your collections. This is insanity. I'm saving up for lvl oil rig right now. Hope they don't ban me.

manbeast
11-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I wonder why they would do this to you but not do it to the low casualty glitchers I report.

"can you explain why you have thousands and thousands of valor units?"

Arizona
11-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks for contacting Support. This account has been banned for violating our Terms of Service. Can you explain how you got 200,270,929 cash in your account?
I'd have thought they'd ask that question first, then decide how to deal with your account after your explanation.
It's not much money, and a lot of players can save that in reasonable times, but if you don't have the buildings, that might trigger some suspicion.

cheiz
11-17-2012, 09:02 AM
No way!!! Happy I just tossed my saved up 250 mil in a lvl 9 OR upgrade... (Yeah I'm bragging a little, lol!)
I would be furious! You need to not only get unbanned, you should receive a very nice unit to compensate and apologies. They should name this unit 'Gree's apology to Procsyzarc'...

procsyzarc
11-17-2012, 09:03 AM
I'd have thought they'd ask that question first, then decide how to deal with your account after your explanation.
It's not much money, and a lot of players can save that in reasonable times, but if you don't have the buildings, that might trigger some suspicion.

My IPH was about 800k, makes,me wonder my cc IPH is over 4m are they going to ban that account too? My MQ and KA cash is probably considered high as well

Zoltarov
11-17-2012, 09:17 AM
On a personal level it is sad you got banned. But the fact they put some mechanisms in the game for alerts on suspisious accounts is not bad. Of course these mechanics needs some fine tuning and procsyzarc needs to be compensated together with an apoligy.
The staff is not that well informed on game details and in my opinion do have no understanding of the games. Support must be outsourced already.

Corsair
11-17-2012, 09:37 AM
That is ridiculous. I doubt this was an automatic thing though, most likely some dummy reported you and the support person is not smart enough to look before they leap. Unfortunately, false positives happen. So far they have been well compensated when found wrong so hopefully that will happen for you.

Here's what I'd do to try to fix this as fast as possible:

1. Reply back to the ticket, explain you saved it, look at IPH, etc., and ask for immediate escalation to CJ or other level two support
2. Change the subject of this thread to make it more likely to catch CCMs eye, something like "Gree support banned me for having too much money", bump it for a few days at least or until the ticket is replied to
3. Send PMs to CCM and CJ daily with subject similar to this post, link to the post, etc.

Good luck!

Dirty Doug
11-17-2012, 09:43 AM
I also think someone must of reported you but I can't believe that they ban first and investigate later. Some of us do like the challenge of going for those high upgrades. I just had 150 mil in my account going for oil rig 8. Am I going to have to worry about a frozen account when I go for OR 9?

EnjoyLife
11-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Something sounds fishy. I could buy a vault of cash which is 173 million. I also could collect 200 million in about a week...

Gambit12
11-17-2012, 09:59 AM
They thought your a hacker i guess. I should've raid you first on all those money before they took it from you...Lol! That's sucks & messed up big time..!

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-17-2012, 10:07 AM
No need to be surprised.
This is normal for these idiots.
Hackers running amok, yet the innocents get the boot.
Haben mein Gott, mein gute Gott, diese Geschöpfe kein Hirn?
Beschäftigen nur was für Menschen diese Idioten?

Dry
11-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Pj I try to pm you ,, and I can't

Jhenry02
11-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Who responded to your ticket? Viet or a?

albeezy
11-17-2012, 10:53 AM
I seriously don't understand why it is so hard to write a server side script that scans accounts for people who have anomalies like 199 advanced base builders when you should only have one at most and for players that are level 110 despite having loot units from map bosses that would easily out them at level 209, such as the guy I found with 55 GROM troopers and 570 of the common and uncommon drop from that boss and yet try ban you for that. I could understand if you came up with 200mil in a day but geez.

procsyzarc
11-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Viet .......

albeezy
11-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Of course it was "him". The other guy is the man! No homo

Tctiger
11-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Surely they know if you saved or hacked , if they don't that's worrying .

BigD@wg
11-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear this. But no I'm not shocked by their incompetence.

LeBarticus
11-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Unbelievable... Wonder what would happen if you matched 6 cash on a scratcher... Lol

System overload, account permenantly deleted, self destruct in t minus 10 seconds

Reznor
11-17-2012, 12:32 PM
On a personal level it is sad you got banned. But the fact they put some mechanisms in the game for alerts on suspisious accounts is not bad. Of course these mechanics needs some fine tuning and procsyzarc needs to be compensated together with an apoligy.
The staff is not that well informed on game details and in my opinion do have no understanding of the games. Support must be outsourced already.

I remember months ago ShawnBB had his account on Crime City banned for the exact same reason as the OP did, ie; supposedly having "too much" money on hand. I joked that Gree didn't like the fact he was a free player (probably true).
I think it took him just over a week to have his money returned to him and the account unlocked. He received no apology and no compensation for the inconvenience of the time lost.

Jhenry02
11-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Honestly, viet I think is the most inept customer support service member I have ever encountered. I mean that sincerely and semi-maliciously; in any facet of industry. I have had multiple tickets responded to by him, and purposefully wording them out in paragraph form. He does not read past the first paragraph or sentence. I have proof from when I was trying to get my energy bar issue resolved. It took CJ all of 1 day and 1 email to rectify my situation. I know we shouldn't call out CCM or staff members, but if I did my job this poorly, I wouldn't have one.

This honestly worries me, because I am a cash cow/calf. I was contemplating saving roughly 200 million to go hog wild on AC's but now I am reconsidering. For those of you with lots of cash on hand; I'd say beware. B^r^k^ I am looking at you my ally.

-Jason

Edit: CCM that is not an indictment of you, but it would be greatly appreciated if someone passed on our concerns on this persons abilities. It really is a running gag on here, and in multiple threads.

EnjoyLife
11-17-2012, 01:06 PM
This honestly worries me, because I am a cash cow/calf. I was contemplating saving roughly 200 million to go hog wild on AC's but now I am reconsidering.

-Jason

Why not just buy AC's as you get enough? Why would you need to buy 37 AC's at once?

Jhenry02
11-17-2012, 01:11 PM
I like round numbers, so I will probably buy 5 at a time. But I'm a shopaholic so splurging like that on a game with not real money cools the fire.

Baraka
11-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Viet .......well that says it all m8.

Vballmadam
11-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Someone reported you for some reason. A few of my allies have over 200million and one 400.5 million. I too have had over that amount in the past.

Just send in a ticket and explain yourself. They will correct it.

jeffrey
11-17-2012, 05:49 PM
No need to be surprised.
This is normal for these idiots.
Hackers running amok, yet the innocents get the boot.
Haben mein Gott, mein gute Gott, diese Geschöpfe kein Hirn?
Beschäftigen nur was für Menschen diese Idioten?

hey PJ, is PUN banned for having over 1 billion cash? Last time I checked was like 3 weeks ago and I haven't seen him since.

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Now that is indeed why there should be an omnibudsman in the game, a representitve between the players and the
game itself

procsyzarc
11-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Looks like everyone was right and he doesn't even read replies. I replied with ( which was very tame given their **** up)

I save over time, I have low ally count and very good stats for those who can see me on their rivals list so very rarely get successfully attacked which allows me to save for upgrades which I was currently saving for my next nano upgrade, my income is over 700k per hour which has been built up over 10+ months of strategically upgrading buildings. Surely you can see this yourself though

What term of service have I violated? I have done nothing wrong and have been a long time customer spending many hundreds of dollars in each Gree game only to have my account randomly banned for no reason. Please fix this mistake up as it is already going to cost thousands of gold to catch up the time I have lost due to this incorrect ban.

Now I get the rate our service email and account is still banned, guess will be escalating to Apple now

Mcdoc
11-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Wow - just - Wow

HenryVIII
11-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Gree should be ashamed. There is no excuse for such behavior.

The MINIMAL positive customer support I have received is drastically overshadowed by the countless complaints I have seen.

I just play my game now and pray I do not have any problems, though given Gree's history, I know there will be.

emcee
11-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Hope things get sorted out fast. Have close to 300 million on two separate accounts and wouldn't want to same to happen to me.

manbeast
11-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Hope things get sorted out fast. Have close to 300 million on two separate accounts and wouldn't want to same to happen to me.

i was going to ask you how those upgrades are going. did you complete either lvl 10 Oil rig yet?

when i first saw your name on this thread i was afraid it happened to you! glad it didnt

emcee
11-18-2012, 08:59 PM
i was going to ask you how those upgrades are going. did you complete either lvl 10 Oil rig yet?

when i first saw your name on this thread i was afraid it happened to you! glad it didnt

I'm fine for now. I don't think this is some programming issue but someone submitting a ticket thinking OP is a cheat.
Saving for level 10 oil rigs now so have a long way to go.

I mentioned in another thread a while back about anyone with decent income/saving for expensive upgrades to document their progress on the forum just for issues like this. Well may need to update tortoise threads soon.

Mcdoc
11-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Hope things get sorted out fast. Have close to 300 million on two separate accounts and wouldn't want to same to happen to me.Wow emcee - glad to see you on! Impressive incomes!

procsyzarc
11-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Well have got my account back now, just got the basic "after investergation it was banned in error" no compensation though yet. Quickly did the maths and this ban cost me $116m plus 1100 gold so will be interesting to see if they do anything about it since the error was completely on their side. Thankfully still have all the money as no one managed to successfully attack or raid me in the 6 days it was banned

Selfproclaimed
11-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Didn't you have a modern quest name banned too? Or am I thinking of someone else

procsyzarc
11-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Didn't you have a modern quest name banned too? Or am I thinking of someone else

I assume you mean monster quest and if so no that account is fine apart from issue with no battle list but that is more because of my level I think.

mickymacirl
11-19-2012, 02:10 AM
Ya it's pretty crazy that they would do that without at least checking.

But there are some hackers around at the moment, still, checking your account history should tell them you have been legit! I've an IPH of over 900k now, does what happened to you, mean I'll be banned too??!

Glad to see you have got it sorted out! I'd be wanting a lot of gold as compensation!