PDA

View Full Version : MW 3.0 Hope is a....

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 10:02 AM
I will finish the ..... Hope is a dangerous thing. I see a lot a forum members with a lot of enthusiasm about the new upgrade to include world domination. I am happy for them. I myself am quite skeptical of the whole thing. Now let me explain:

1) As a former light gold player and now free player, I cannot beat most players now. Why should I think that if I team up with other players of my strength or slightly stronger that we could overcome the invincible golden armies? Don't see it being possible unless I'm willing to start shelling out a ton of gold now, which I'm not.

2) I fully expect this will include a ton of XP generated from attacks and battles. Not only during the event but in these pre-war events leading up to the WD events in order obtain the +attack bonuses for the event. Sounds to me like this is still just another method to getting everyone to level up into the shark pool. Offering New maps didn't work. Collect 10 and Auctions worked a little. Boss events helped their cause some. Rankings and BP acqusition did it for some. I expect this one will work for them... If you let it. Otherwise I foresee many more decimated and ghostly bases.

3) I am only speculating because once again there is no clear communication about SPECIFIC details of the event (and I doubt there ever will be). No guidelines or rules just a few FAQs. There are 195 countries in the world. I think that number is correct as I'm relying on google for it to be correct. If they are saying that you must take over every country in the world to be champion with only one event each month (to battle for a single country)... It will take over 16 years to obtain World Domination of all countries! That would be a long time and potential for lots of gold sales!

These are just a few thoughts. I have no inside information. It is simply my interpretation of the same announcement given to everyone. I truly hope that I am wrong and that Gree is simply implementing a new gameplay feature to better the game and make everyone happy.....and not simply to make more money! I guess we shall see in the near future. Happy gaming everyone!

Front Runner NL
11-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Good points.
To add, I'm afraid that battles will lead to lots of casualties and that I loose all my valor units.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Good points.
To add, I'm afraid that battles will lead to lots of casualties and that I loose all my valor units.

I completely agree. I would expect casualties to be HUGE.... Unless you have the invincible gold armies. Dare I even mention the hackers and casualty glitchers in this thread. Hmmmm, they might have an advantage over everyone else too! LOL!

Front Runner NL
11-16-2012, 10:25 AM
I completely agree. I would expect casualties to be HUGE.... Unless you have the invincible gold armies. Dare I even mention the hackers and casualty glitchers in this thread. Hmmmm, they might have an advantage over everyone else too! LOL!

Can you imagine the casualty glitchers guild?

Thief
11-16-2012, 10:27 AM
It's Hope. When they released the 10 Crate Event it was new and exciting. While i never won one i had fun with it! This was a great Addition to the game!

When they released the Boss battles i was really excited! This is still my favorite component of the game and even though i can only make it over half way i have fun! I have to calculate when i'm going to level and if i should spend my money on Units or Upgrades. This by far has caused me to work on improving my army and strategy in this game. It's still my favorite because of what it forced me to do.

They released the Auction events and i understand why! They make a ton of money off them. They don't help a free player in my opinion but i know many who do enjoy them.

Will the new 3.0 be amazing? a flop? I dunno but the game has been a little stale lately so i look forward to the change. They have also promised to "fix" invisible boosts and while i understand the skeptisism i like to try and stay positive. Will the new 3.0 make people level up? Almost Certainly! Will they sell gold? I'm sure. Hopefully they just find that fine line where free players can still have fun and not get overun! Also hopefully Casualties will be better...but in the end its just a game. Have fun with it.

Final Note: i think that Hackers would be flagged and factions that continued to allow hackers in their Faction would be penalized. Therfore i think this should help reduce the hacking.

I know i sometimes sound too optomistic....but i prefer to think the last 10 months of this game have been fun and i hope i can play 10 more.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 10:40 AM
It's Hope. When they released the 10 Crate Event it was new and exciting. While i never won one i had fun with it! This was a great Addition to the game!

When they released the Boss battles i was really excited! This is still my favorite component of the game and even though i can only make it over half way i have fun! I have to calculate when i'm going to level and if i should spend my money on Units or Upgrades. This by far has caused me to work on improving my army and strategy in this game. It's still my favorite because of what it forced me to do.

They released the Auction events and i understand why! They make a ton of money off them. They don't help a free player in my opinion but i know many who do enjoy them.

Will the new 3.0 be amazing? a flop? I dunno but the game has been a little stale lately so i look forward to the change. They have also promised to "fix" invisible boosts and while i understand the skeptisism i like to try and stay positive. Will the new 3.0 make people level up? Almost Certainly! Will they sell gold? I'm sure. Hopefully they just find that fine line where free players can still have fun and not get overun! Also hopefully Casualties will be better...but in the end its just a game. Have fun with it.

Final Note: i think that Hackers would be flagged and factions that continued to allow hackers in their Faction would be penalized. Therfore i think this should help reduce the hacking.

I know i sometimes sound too optomistic....but i prefer to think the last 10 months of this game have been fun and i hope i can play 10 more.

I have no problem with your optimism. I enjoy the game and some of its elements too (obviously, otherwise I would just quit). I know I paint pretty pessimistic view with this but simply would like Gree to give us a feature that doesn't revolve soley around money. Give everyone a chance at a prize. I'm not expecting to win the main prize every time as a free player. ... But don't make it to where the odds are zero unless I reach into my wallet in order to change those odds. We will just have to wait and see whether its good or bad.

Tctiger
11-16-2012, 10:43 AM
the top players will win all the main prizes and own the world and the rest will be fighting for scraps , if you are under level 130 and don't have all gold army it may be a non starter , can anyone really see them fixing the boosts , hackers and glitches before it starts ? There must be gold involved too . good way to split the boycott though.

mxz
11-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Has anyone confirmed that this is based on the PVP engine?

It may use a snapshot of the rival faction and act more like PVE (meaning you won't lose units because 10-50 people are ganging up on you for an hour while you sleep).

Mad
11-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Personally, I think it is a good change. Team play would add another dimension to the game. From what I read factions will be fighting factions of similar strength. If that is the case the battles should be interesting. I think down the road they will introduce ability for factions to ally with other factions to create super armies.

But who knows.

I suspect the boost glitch will be fixed with this upgrade. As I have mentioned previous it was obvious the patches were not fixing the glitch and a major upgrade was necessary. I suspect this will happen with this upgrade. However, it may come too late for some players.

I think it is a positive step.

Will there be glitches? Yes.... Will there still be hackers? Yes

That is just the nature of online games.

Tctiger
11-16-2012, 10:55 AM
It would be good if they fixed the problems and everyone could enjoy the new part of the game and not just another mess that gets you to buy gold, it could be make or break time .

Mad
11-16-2012, 11:04 AM
It would be good if they fixed the problems and everyone could enjoy the new part of the game and not just another mess that gets you to buy gold, it could be make or break time .

I would actually be shocked if the boosts are not fixed with this major upgrade. It was obvious the patches were not fixing the problem and a major upgrade was necessary.

I think it adds a dimension to the game of team play. From what I gather teams will be pitted against teams of equal strength. So whale groups will not be pummelling groups from lower levels.

Since the vast majority of the people are not on the forum, most groups forming will be level based. People will form groups with people they can see on their rival lists.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 12:06 PM
I would actually be shocked if the boosts are not fixed with this major upgrade. It was obvious the patches were not fixing the problem and a major upgrade was necessary.

I think it adds a dimension to the game of team play. From what I gather teams will be pitted against teams of equal strength. So whale groups will not be pummelling groups from lower levels.

Since the vast majority of the people are not on the forum, most groups forming will be level based. People will form groups with people they can see on their rival lists.

CCM specifically replied to my question in another thread and said the boosts would be fixed and visible in our stats in this upgrade. Now whether that actually happens remains to be seen.

Mad
11-16-2012, 12:08 PM
CCM specifically replied to my question in another thread and said the boosts would be fixed and visible in our stats in this upgrade. Now whether that actually happens remains to be seen.

Good to hear. I expected they would be fixed. It was obvious patches were not fixing that glitch and a major upgrade would be required.

Maverick50727
11-16-2012, 12:32 PM
FYI, I agree with many of your points BigD@wg. I and many others are already in the shark/whale zone and have been for a while. If you are over L150 if may not be as much of any issue. The engine dynamcs are still unknown to me as I'm not a beta at this time, but those that are should not be talking about it per policy. So a number of questions will remain unclear for a while. You are welcome in my corner and thanks again for your help on the MW Resource Sheet.

I hope things are fixed like they say and the forum can get back to a more normal state. TTYL

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
FYI, I agree with many of your points BigD@wg. I and many others are already in the shark/whale zone and have been for a while. If you are over L150 if may not be as much of any issue. The engine dynamcs are still unknown to me as I'm not a beta at this time, but those that are should not be talking about it per policy. So a number of questions will remain unclear for a while. You are welcome in my corner and thanks again for your help on the MW Resource Sheet.

I hope things are fixed like they say and the forum can get back to a more normal state. TTYL

I hope that I am wrong about this whole thing. I would like a new dimension to the game as long as it does not disrupt my current game play, boosts are fixed, and doesnt require gold as a means of legitamately competing , i will consider participating. Once we know more and it appears on the up&up I may give you a shout on joining in the fight. No prob on spreadsheet buddy. If you have any other specific info you need, I will be glad to offer help where I can.

Crime City Mark
11-16-2012, 01:33 PM

I said that it was fixed and in QA, not that it was in MW 3.0. It probably will be, but I'm not saying for 100% sure.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 02:09 PM
I said that it was fixed and in QA, not that it was in MW 3.0. It probably will be, but I'm not saying for 100% sure.

Hmmmmm. Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

This will be a major slap in the face if Gree releases an event that obviously revolves around boosts without having made them visible. Wow. Lets hope they are visible :)

Mad
11-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Hmmmmm. Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

This will be a major slap in the face if Gree releases an event that obviously revolves around boosts without having made them visible. Wow. Lets hope they are visible :)

I expect the problem will be fixed. As you noted, boosts are a big part of factions.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 06:06 PM
I expect the problem will be fixed. As you noted, boosts are a big part of factions.

Maybe. An answer of yes they will be fixed when the update goes out would be a nice answer.

Mad
11-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Maybe. An answer of yes they will be fixed when the update goes out would be a nice answer.

It would certainly give one more confidence. However, with recent events I expect CCM is playing it safe, can't say I blame him.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 06:41 PM
It would certainly give one more confidence. However, with recent events I expect CCM is playing it safe, can't say I blame him.

I understand his position. I don't blame the messenger. He is only one man. His company is the one to blame for the foolishness. There should be a minimum of 5 mods in here at all times, relaying and updating players with information and answering questions.

Hondo
11-16-2012, 08:22 PM
I completely agree with you BigDawg. Gree will make money, one way or the other.

BigD@wg
11-17-2012, 05:09 AM
I completely agree with you BigDawg. Gree will make money, one way or the other.

Sure thing Hondo! I fully expect this MW 3.0 to be the same old money sucking machine, simply with a shiny new coat of paint on it.

It is just another gimmick to get free players to spend. Everyone should realize that only previous heavy gold players or those willing to drop a ton of gold now...will have a chance to win these events.

Corsair
11-17-2012, 07:17 AM
You sound like a couple of communists...those capitalist dogs...pity the oppressed bourgeoisie who are forced at gunpoint to open their wallets...

BigD@wg
11-17-2012, 07:22 AM
You sound like a couple of communists...those capitalist dogs...pity the oppressed bourgeoisie who are forced at gunpoint to open their wallets...

Thanks for your input Sir. I'm not a communist but thank you very much for asking. You can have your opinion on the matter but unlike you, I will not resort to childish name calling. Have a nice day. Please come again :)

jeffrey
11-17-2012, 08:13 AM
The mw3 is just another distraction from greedy to divide and conquer the peoplecotters.

Mad
11-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Quick question. If the boosts issue is fixed in the new upgrade, I take it the boycott is offically over.

BigD@wg
11-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Quick question. If the boosts issue is fixed in the new upgrade, I take it the boycott is offically over.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it would be over for me at that point. That is really the only thing unresolved for me.

Mad
11-17-2012, 11:51 AM
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it would be over for me at that point. That is really the only thing unresolved for me.

Yeah, I was just wondering. I am starting to get the impression with some of the boycotters that even if the boosts are fixed, the boycott for them continues for reasons I am not exactly sure of.

BigD@wg
11-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I was just wondering. I am starting to get the impression with some of the boycotters that even if the boosts are fixed, the boycott for them continues for reasons I am not exactly sure of.

I don't know. I get the feeling some are just done with the game.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-17-2012, 04:32 PM
The mw3 is just another distraction from greedy to divide and conquer the peoplecotters.

Once again, you are able to discern the truth amidst a sea of lies!

Good on you, mate.

I recognize weasel words easily, because I'm a lawyer.

Lawyers use weasel words daily.

Mad
11-17-2012, 04:54 PM

Good on you, mate.

Quick question: if the boosts are fixed in MW3 is the boycott over for you PJ?

jeffrey
11-17-2012, 05:27 PM

I know, the real pirates are standing down and honor their words. I hope they cheat a little and hammer my base aka Classified, see my signature. :D

jeffrey
11-17-2012, 05:33 PM

Good on you, mate.

I was almost a layer myself too, didn't pass the board exam at the first attempt. So instead I got my lousy MBA from the little place called cambridge, england. Should have gone to yale so I could hang out with the bush and bone! :p