PDA

View Full Version : F2P P2W Gaming 101: Don't sell POWER

Solarcaine
11-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Since this is Crime City, do you know what a Hasa is? That's right it's a Pig that doesn't Fly Strait! This game is a flash in the pan. It will not LAST! The developers got fat and lazy with the sale of this game. Instead of improving the game, they decided to Sell POWER. The Bank Buster and the Hit and Run car, started the death of this game and they know it. Since these Modifiers selling Power is the number one goal of this game. This game is way out of Balance and can never get it back. Gree know's this, they will care less and less about this game as the money dries up. Boycotts will only speed this up.

The Three things that will keep this game going is

1. raise the top level and give players 10 more skill points every ten levels.

2. Allow for more expansions 30 is not enough

3. after level 100 all defense buildings should give stated defense values.

Gree if you are going to be Dumb enough to sell power, then give Defense away for Free, return at least some Balance!

Dipstik
11-13-2012, 09:03 AM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4663819884102556&pid=15.1

Solarcaine
11-13-2012, 09:10 AM
A criminal lawyer is calling my point invalid, what experience with F2P P2W gaming do you have? I know the drudge report is not the only thing you can read. Read first comment later.

Dipstik
11-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Pfft. Your riposte doesn't even take into ACCOUNT the indisputable fact that there is a WINDMILL in my BEARD!

Try again, noob.

Joeycool
11-13-2012, 09:14 AM

Interestingly... there is a goal to upgrade your hood 31 times.

Joeycool
11-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Pfft. Your riposte doesn't even take into ACCOUNT the indisputable fact that there is a WINDMILL in my BEARD!

Good point!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tumblr_lq5mxuFBzR1qm6s2g.gif

Solarcaine
11-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Now thats the best come back ever, but most will not even understand why. The funny thing is we will be seeing many more windmills NOW! FORWARD! Just like the Drudge readers, very limited thinking.

Dipstik
11-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Just like the Drudge readers, very limited thinking.

Why does this post not surprise me... eyeroll.jpg.

nopenopenope
11-13-2012, 10:12 AM
*feverishly scarfs down popcorn*

Joeycool
11-13-2012, 10:48 AM
*feverishly scarfs down popcorn*

This is the gif you meant to post...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/TAd6T.gif

Solarcaine
11-13-2012, 11:27 AM
no need for popcorn, we all know Dippy. The facts are this game is Waaay out of balance and Gree knows it. Selling power ruins F2P P2W game. I don't even think CC is ranked in the top 500 downloaded APPS. It is not in the top 25 grossing ether. A few short month ago it ranked top 10 in both. This game will be a good model for future Developers to learn from. "how to make a great game and kill it in one year"

Dipstik
11-13-2012, 11:32 AM
If you don't have an answer to the fact that there's a WINDMILL IN MY BEARD, then why bother responding? Sheesh.

Solarcaine
11-13-2012, 11:49 AM
the fact that a gif you posted on a game forum, while working as an prosecutor and being paid by the tax payers of your state, has a windmill, in no way matters to this thread, but does say a lot about you.

Dipstik
11-13-2012, 11:56 AM
eyeroll.jpg.

Come on, sparky, you can do better than that! If you're just going to make stuff up, why not accuse me of raping your sister? :)

Solarcaine
11-13-2012, 12:00 PM
What, a Windmill matters to this thread?

Dipstik
11-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Of course it does... haven't you been paying attention? Your arguments are invalid!

edit: Wait, maybe I see your confusion here... I can see how you'd be confused if you're focusing too hard on the windmill, but it's in my BEARD! Don't you see?

Meat Drap es
11-13-2012, 12:03 PM
The windmill seems pretty straight forward to me. Don't see what the issue is responding to the facts of the beard....

Solarcaine
11-13-2012, 12:07 PM
The more i see you waist tax payers money, the more i think smaller Government is a good idea.

Meat Drap es
11-13-2012, 12:09 PM
The more i see you waist tax payers money, the more i think smaller Government is a good idea.

That sounds less like an argument and more like an admission of defeat.

Dipstik
11-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Best idea you've had yet! We can start with the public schools since they've obviously failed you miserably =P

Joeycool
11-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Nice effort with the thread Solarcaine.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/diving-fail-you-tried.gif

Solarcaine
11-13-2012, 12:28 PM
@Joey this is why you can't leave the forum, funny

@Dippy, the only thing that has failed is your drive for excellence in your career and life. Spend half the time you spend on this forum and devote it to those things and you will see an improvement. As we see in other threads, your Ego needs the last word so, go for it.

Honey Boo Boo
11-13-2012, 12:40 PM
devote it to those things and you will see a improvement.

"AN" improvement.

nopenopenope
11-13-2012, 02:51 PM
@Dippy, the only thing that has failed is your drive for excellence in your career and life. Spend half the time you spend on this forum and devote it to those things and you will see an improvement. As we see in other threads, your Ego needs the last word so, go for it.

You don't even know what he does LOL... and he's my BFF I call him Dippy!

Rodimus
11-13-2012, 08:26 PM
@Joey this is why you can't leave the forum, funny

No one ever leaves CC or the forums...no one.

Dangerous Greg
11-13-2012, 08:36 PM
This is the gif you meant to post...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/TAd6T.gif

That's freakinf hallarious!!!
Thanks for my best chuckle of the night!

Joeycool
11-14-2012, 05:08 AM
No one ever leaves CC or the forums...no one.

CCM? He's gone right?

Ramshutu
11-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Since this is Crime City, do you know what a Hasa is? That's right it's a Pig that doesn't Fly Strait! This game is a flash in the pan. It will not LAST! The developers got fat and lazy with the sale of this game. Instead of improving the game, they decided to Sell POWER. The Bank Buster and the Hit and Run car, started the death of this game and they know it. Since these Modifiers selling Power is the number one goal of this game. This game is way out of Balance and can never get it back. Gree know's this, they will care less and less about this game as the money dries up. Boycotts will only speed this up.

The Three things that will keep this game going is

1. raise the top level and give players 10 more skill points every ten levels.

3. after level 100 all defense buildings should give stated defense values.

Gree if you are going to be Dumb enough to sell power, then give Defense away for Free, return at least some Balance!

Zynga doesn't sell power. GREE does.

Gree earns 50x as much per player per month than Zynga.

Tell me again why selling power is dumb?

It seems that most people who complain along these lines do not mean 'its too expensive' or 'it should be free' but instead mean 'I have aspirations room be as powerful as people who spend $1000s on the game but can't fund it with the change i have found behind the fridge.'

Joeycool
11-14-2012, 05:55 AM
Zynga doesn't sell power. GREE does.

Gree earns 50x as much per player per month than Zynga.

Tell me again why selling power is dumb?

It seems that most people who complain along these lines do not mean 'its too expensive' or 'it should be free' but instead mean 'I have aspirations room be as powerful as people who spend $1000s on the game but can't fund it with the change i have found behind the fridge.'

If you want to know the answer to that this is a good watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWMBeLrZoyw&feature=youtu.be

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 07:32 AM
@Joeycool i think i posted that video once already, but if you dig deeper their is much more info on this subject.

@Ramshutu reading some of your older posts i see you are tech savvy, but on this issue, more research is needed.

in my OP, i should also add, the longer CC can keep small to mid spenders engaged the better. They pay the bills, not big spenders. That is why selling power is Dumb. When the players who spend a few hundred dollars run into the players who spend a few thousand, they stop spending. Why buy buildings for 200 or 300 gold only for them to get robbed take the free option and keep your money, right? The top levels are filled with big spenders, these players will keep playing to justify their investment. Will the other spenders keep playing, or better yet keep spending? This game is only one year old. When this game was on the rise Balance was important, the day this game went down hill is the day balance was by passed for bigger profits. Short term gain for a long term demise.

Just to clear one thing up, I have spent 3900$ on this game so far.

Dipstik
11-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Just to clear on thing up, I have spent 3900$ on this game so far.

This explains a lot. Hope you got your money's worth.

Nicky the Nose
11-14-2012, 08:09 AM
And your bragging?

Dravak
11-14-2012, 08:10 AM
3900$ welldone Gree , another person who spent instead of 500$ , 8x the amount that other models have difficulty to pull money from :p

so yes ? What are you complaining about ?
you just got served a mirror , so write off the losses and consider it a price of education ...
Sorry people this is the future cause people are so unintelligent , even those free canon flodder .
That this is what consumers want , they bring real life into this game , so real life they are nothing .
so they need to be special ingame , all the logic and reasoning falls on deaf ears ...

JC just stop posting the forums , find with Chelsea a new game , try a subscription game and meet some real people .
Not those who can afford 5k$ on virtual goods , but are too cheapskate to even buy other people a drink ;)
(no the lovely people I meet in london were luckily not that kind )

Keep on moaning cause in the end sorry , nothing is going to change cause people are selfishe, greedy , in need of attention and worst off all not able to accept and overcome defeats .
And a game made all on those merits , will always do well , even if this current group including me quits .

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 08:12 AM
And your bragging?

just replying to Rams assertion that i am a free player complaining about spenders.

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Dravak, This thread is for players who spent their own money on this game, not ones who had a guy from China do a man in the middle hack on the game. That being said i would like this game to last for a long time, on the current corse it will fail.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 08:28 AM
lmao see dude , you can't stand it I can write off my money so easily ... Why cause it is only MONEY !
you can ask others who did meet me , if I am real or not :p

Well your problem if you want this game to last long time , either invest more ... Or go buy up GREE stocks .
As for me , I found the gaming experience worthwhile and the change of people attitude in the last 4 years laughable .
So price of education , well paid and well played .
now just ban the crappy people who are cheating or buying chinese gold ... See mister blah blah with high morals and only 3900$ spending is getting jealous ...

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 08:41 AM
@Dravak, look you and Kors have a history, so when it comes to credibility yours is shot. It is not my intention to call anyone out, so don't push the issue. This thread is intended to talk about F2P P2W goals. I should have known the trolls, who don't even know they are trolls, would send it of course.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 08:49 AM
@Dravak, look you and Kors have a history, so when it comes to credibility yours is shot. It is not my intention to call anyone out, so don't push the issue. This thread is intended to talk about F2P P2W goals. I should have known the trolls, who don't even know they are trolls, would send it of course.

anybody who believes kor story is mental lmao , that is what you are lol
easiest way to find mental people , they believe kor story .

They are predictable and love being mental and played and will never quit .
So just ignore them and let them moan, loser :D

Dipstik
11-14-2012, 08:58 AM
*munches popcorn*

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 08:58 AM
@Dravak, When Kors was kicked out of the Indians You Where the first to stick up for here, Right? The whole they have my cell Phone# and are harassing me thread. Did you believe it? Are you mental? Kors knows a lot about a lot of players and you top the list.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 09:04 AM
@Dravak, When Kors was kicked out of the Indians You Where the first to stick up for here, Right? The whole they have my cell Phone# and are harassing me thread. Did you believe it? Are you mental? Kors knows a lot about a lot of players and you top the list.

go read the queen stuff dude , you are going mental and ballistic lol
calm down it is only 3,9k$ ... Is that worth your sanity ?
Haha think before you act , and what does she know about me lmao ...

anybody meet kor in real life ? Nope lets scrap that notion lol
anybody meet me in real life ? Yes they did ...

so go on believe a fairy being living in london who has gone mental lmao .. Complaning about I downloaded a game rofl , like it was a big thing ;)

Dipstik
11-14-2012, 09:06 AM
I liked Koralene... I wish he'd come back.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 09:07 AM
I liked Koralene... I wish he'd come back.

don't worry dip it will , when it runs out of gold , then another big scam for free gold started on the forum , too bad Gree is taking over ...
and people nowadays have to pay ;)

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 09:20 AM
@Dravak, It is fine if you are embarrassed about the whole Kors thing, but it does not mean it didn't happen. Their is a search button in this forum, right? Did you not post a Ticket from CJ about your relationship with her? Why do you think people don't remember this stuff? You went from quitting, to spending 10k to beat up the Indians, to quitting, to giving your account to Kors, to fighting to get it back, to starting over, to buying "China Gold", to quitting, to coming back, to quitting. WTF! With a whole lot of CRAZY posts in between. Cool Bro, i will take my crazy how about you?

Dravak
11-14-2012, 09:23 AM
@Dravak, It is fine if you are embarrassed about the whole Kors thing, but it does not mean it didn't happen. Their is a search button in this forum, right? Did you not post a Ticket from CJ about your relationship with her? Why do you think people don't remember this stuff? You went from quitting, to spending 10k to beat up the Indians, to quitting, to giving your account to Kors, to fighting to get it back, to starting over, to buying "China Gold", to quitting, to coming back, to quitting. WTF! With a whole lot of CRAZY posts in between. Cool Bro, i will take my crazy how about you?

Like I said you are mental dude . That is it , it only took you 3,9k$ to make you mental lol
There is no need to reason with dude like you , cause you are ripe for the pharmacy company to sell you all kind of junk ..

So keep believing whatever you want , you are just a product of this society .
So easy to play , you won't quit ever , and the funny thing is .
you will keep on buying and playing for a group of total strangers who you will never meet in real life .

Dravak
11-14-2012, 09:26 AM
come am at level 158 , you only need to spent another 10k$ to be totally impervious to my attacks ...
too high for your taste ;) , then stop talking big ..

you can attack me with 1,1k$ more spending .. But you need to be able to stand the red of retalliation .

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 09:36 AM
@Dravak Im sorry if I hurt your feelings, no really i am. I did not want to go down this road, but hey why not, Right? Move on before I start posting links to your old, and i could say loopy posts.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 09:40 AM
@Dravak Im sorry if I hurt your feelings, no really i am. I did not want to go down this road, but hey why not, Right? Move on before I start posting links to your old, and i could say loopy posts.

lmao you don't hurt my feelings , infact am laughing at you dude , straight in your face ..
you can't handle me on the forum , you can't handle me in game ...
you wouldn't be able to touch me in real life .

So what more games is there to play then laugh at people like you , so full of pet up envious emotions in life ....
so pissed off that they hit there spending limit , looking for reasons to justify them wanting to cut down.

it is a game same as life , everything is a game ...
For people like me ;)

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Handle You? no more like i have pity for you. You can say those 2,867 posts didn't happen, but they did. You can say you didn't get PLAYED by a 15year old boy, But You DID! You can say you are not foolish, But You ARE! Come on man, go back and read your old posts it may help, you are not a bad guy you just need HELP!

Dipstik
11-14-2012, 09:57 AM
No one doubts Dravak's said some pretty stupid stuff around here. He's made 2800 posts. You're up to 44, and you're probably batting .800 when it comes to stupidity.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Handle You? no more like i have pity for you. You can say those 2,867 posts didn't happen, but they did. You can say you didn't get PLAYED by a 15year old boy, But You DID! You can say you are not foolish, But You ARE! Come on man, go back and read your old posts it may help, you are not a bad guy you just need HELP!

so you admit you believe a 15 year old dubai boy over a 37 year old guy ;)
terrific lmao so says you are very qualified to analyse ,what a whole team of psychologist and freelance business analyst at Gree being paid fulltime/halftime benefit , cannot :p

makes you feel dumb doesn't it ... Hahaha that is why you are mental .

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 10:13 AM
@Dippy I am sure their is a thread you can Post "I'm still here" in. Your writing/spelling skills are not a good measure of intelligence, you actions are. So, keep posting "I'm still here" your actions speak louder than words.

@Dravak, What?

Dravak
11-14-2012, 10:15 AM
exactly what lol , that is what you said , your words not mine :p
I know enough that goes behind the screens ;) you don't .. Heheh

Ramshutu
11-14-2012, 10:16 AM
@Joeycool i think i posted that video once already, but if you dig deeper their is much more info on this subject.

@Ramshutu reading some of your older posts i see you are tech savvy, but on this issue, more research is needed.

in my OP, i should also add, the longer CC can keep small to mid spenders engaged the better. They pay the bills, not big spenders. That is why selling power is Dumb. When the players who spend a few hundred dollars run into the players who spend a few thousand, they stop spending. Why buy buildings for 200 or 300 gold only for them to get robbed take the free option and keep your money, right? The top levels are filled with big spenders, these players will keep playing to justify their investment. Will the other spenders keep playing, or better yet keep spending? This game is only one year old. When this game was on the rise Balance was important, the day this game went down hill is the day balance was by passed for bigger profits. Short term gain for a long term demise.

Just to clear one thing up, I have spent 3900$ on this game so far.

Just to clean up any confusion: what is the above based on? Because I suspect it is purely conjecture as this is really not how people work.

"When the players who spend a few hundred dollars run into the players who spend a few thousand, they stop spending"

This is simply not true. Firstly, the ratio of massive spenders, to free players is quite large; so people don't run into big spenders massively often. Secondly, there are really two reasons people spend gold, Little and Big picture spending: The former is when you see item X and think "Oh that's nice", and people convince themselves into buying "just one bank truck of gold" in order to get it. Big picture spend is when you accumulate purchases over a large period of time to acheive an overall big picture goal. The latter are not effected much by seeing a bigger fish, the former depends on the willpower and addiction levels of the player.

For the latter players, who are lured into purchasing gold for events primarily, are actually encouraged to buy gold by seeing big fish. Seeing gold make a difference to what you can do makes an impact on a decision to buy at the lower levels where it really can make a big difference so that when you get to the higher levels where gold spend is an brankruptcy or play free choice, the player may already have an investment, or at least does not view gold purchasing as a negative.

Dipstik
11-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Did this idiot just insult my spelling and writing abilities? Wow.

Ramshutu
11-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Did this idiot just insult my spelling and writing abilities? Wow.

Dravak? To be honest, you and he tend to blend together. I only realised you were seperate accounts a few weeks back.

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 10:32 AM
@Ram, you have not seen the high levels yet so, it's hard for you to talk about big spenders. Coming up I may have ran into 3 or 4 players with 100k stats, in the high levels their are 3 or 4 on every refresh. Prime gold spending is from level 50 to 150. When you hit the high levels their is no reason to spend for the low to mid spenders. Just ask them they are here. If Gree opens the levels up, and it will piss off big spenders, add more content for mid stat players they will spread out the sweat spot for the player who pay the bills.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Dravak? To be honest, you and he tend to blend together. I only realised you were seperate accounts a few weeks back.

lol no dipstick is learning from the King of Toilet paper .
he is adapting really fast lol , I mean he used to be just a grumpy negative person ...

Dip don't tell me you are a plant ;) nah can't be lol ...
I hope not way too many plants here on this forum :( .

it is relaxing to see atleast Ramshutu become the voice of reason .
Forum need more logic , less emoo's .. Aside from real people with a valid opnion .
beside Greed and Selfisheness .

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 10:37 AM
@Dippy, no your actions, now go back to that thread and post "I'm still here" and please add nannynannybooboo

Dravak
11-14-2012, 10:39 AM
@Ram, you have not seen the high levels yet so, it's hard for you to talk about big spenders. Coming up I may have ran into 3 or 4 players with 100k stats, in the high levels their are 3 or 4 on every refresh. Prime gold spending is from level 50 to 150. When you hit the high levels their is no reason to spend for the low to mid spenders. Just ask them they are here. If Gree opens the levels up, and it will piss off big spenders, add more content for mid stat players they will spread out the sweat spot for the player who pay the bills.

And this is the real reason a lot stop spending !
you want to be the top dog , but really don't want to compete ...

Opening those levels are easy , but then again , you enter the sharktank .. You either spent more or quit , either way you served your purpose , so what use is there ?
to prolong the sharktank ? Sorry way too many grumpy people .
Who think there spending means a thing , it doesn't you donated for your enjoyment ..
You either keep playing and adapting or outspent us all ...

told you last year already seen people with 100k stats quit , around level 100 .
Why it is a endless money pit , the faster you accept that , the faster you play the money pit game.
Or accept it just a game of able to stand red .

nopenopenope
11-14-2012, 10:43 AM
@Dippy, no your actions, now go back to that thread and post "I'm still here" and please add nannynannybooboo

You clearly don't even know what that thread was about, so please continue to make a fool of yourself...

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Told me last year? i have never seen you in game? Opening up the levels and lessing the amount of people in the high levels will do more for this game then they think or they would have done it all ready. With Gree taking over how has the game progressed? So all of those Experts are doing a good Job?

Dravak
11-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Told me last year? i have never seen you in game? Opening up the levels and lessing the amount of people in the high levels will do more for this game then they think or they would have done it all ready. With Gree taking over how has the game progressed? So all of those Experts are doing a good Job?

they gotten 3,9k$ from you , so that is a good job ...
I mean any other game you paid more then 1k$ for ?

so basically they gotten you for 8x your worth :p
With me nope still not 1x my worth :p ...

<3 Hz
The most spent on this game is $38,000,000 and that can be confirmed.

Dipstik
Op is in the shark tank? What name?

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 10:52 AM
You clearly don't even know what that thread was about, so please continue to make a fool of yourself...

The Teacher asked him to leave his, i Care about G thread, and as petulant kids do, he keeps post "I'm still here" in it.
now if you want to defend that go for it.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 10:56 AM
The most spent on this game is $38,000,000 and that can be confirmed.

Hahah not enough to pay back the VG grand of 50m they gotten ;)
but otherside let face it , the moment those 10 events came up ...
and we were the real milk cow nobody objected really ...

Just I am suprised with CC invasions they straighten things out , to be no longer a gamble .
people go objecting , sure free players can object .
but gold players ? A bit strange for my maths .
but then again I think it is more preemptive strike , cause we all know how those events in the end .
going to work l where are my bullets ;)

Ramshutu
11-14-2012, 10:59 AM

And again, this is based on what? From my understanding of all the people I have spoken to here, and from what I have seen in game, there are very few players out of all the ones I know to spend gold, that are free players who have not always been free players.

Those that have stopped spending, generally from my feedback here, have mainly done so because of faults on Gree's implementation of things and the state of the game, not because there are stronger people. As many or more, I suspect, have ended up spending more because there are strong people!

With low, medium and high level players, at around level 100, the number of gold players (and the gold gap) begins increasing. Not because there are greater numbers of gold spenders here, but simply because there are fewer players (of which a higher ratio of players are gold spenders) due to general attrition that you would expect to occur at this level.

I'm not disagreeing with you that there does need to be more engaging content, or an update to prevent boredom burnout, which occurrs when players actually figure out the pointlessness of their activity, just that the very fundamental point of view that selling power is bad.

It's not, the pull of the game is to incrementally increase your stats day by day if humans didn't like comparing penis size, companies like Gree would be out of a Job. Buying power plays to the games strength.

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 11:14 AM
@Ram as i am sure you have played other p2w games, selling power is not good for the longevity of a game. This is not me saying this it is the gaming world saying it. I like the game and want to keep playing. I am in the high levels and my lot is set. Gree can do more for the mid levels to keep players involved. The APP downloads and its gross earnings are shrinking just google it. We play the game, we know what is good and bad about this game. No one can say doing thug life goals at level 100 is enough to keep low to mid gold spenders playing.

Ramshutu
11-14-2012, 11:40 AM
@Ram as i am sure you have played other p2w games, selling power is not good for the longevity of a game. This is not me saying this it is the gaming world saying it. I like the game and want to keep playing. I am in the high levels and my lot is set. Gree can do more for the mid levels to keep players involved. The APP downloads and its gross earnings are shrinking just google it. We play the game, we know what is good and bad about this game. No one can say doing thug life goals at level 100 is enough to keep low to mid gold spenders playing.

I am not disagreeing with your appraisal of content, which is one of the big problems. Selling power is not the problem or the cause of the issues. App downloads of pretty much every single game in the app store start with high gross earnings and end up shrinking over time; A certain Zynga flagship game, that is no longer downloadable is a good example. It is the nature of this type of market, it is a high turnover enterprise.

Considering that Funzio, before it was sold had one of the HIGHEST income per user per month of ANY F2P games, and CC, MW, MQ and KA are ALL in the top 120 grossing games recently on ios, and CC/MW is 22/50 respectively on android shows that that this argument really does not stand up to any sort of scrutiny.

Not only this, judging by the increase in what grossing apps require to earn in order to maintain itself on the grossing list. (To maintain a 1-15 ranking from Q3 20122 to Q1 2012, you had to grow your income by 50%), I suspect that the income of CC and MW are probably not going down.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 11:41 AM

sorry the gaming worldis wrong , basically stick to the P2P games , in F2P it is all about power and people licking there tongue at somebody powerfull ...
It always has been that way in gaming world , just a small top elite hardcore and tons of envious people , wanting there fame and glory without really doing anything for it .

Wait APP download and shrinking has nothing to do , it has to do people are getting fed up of gaming and it horrible juvenile , unrealistic community .
The hype is almost gone , the 30-50 with the budget and spending power are about to exit .
the younger generation only knows how to cheat and exploit .
And since the prospect of them able to find a good paying job or income has shrunk :p
they have a huge debt , they should just stick to tapjoying the younger gaming community ;)
less gaming more work .. You got a reverse pyramid to feed .

sexkitteh
11-14-2012, 12:40 PM
I didn't read through everything... but @OP - I WOULD have agreed with you 6 months ago... but considering this game is still going and going and going.... the only thing that's going to replace this is Gree next big game...

If you look at the companies history - they have hired people that made WOW from blizzard a success....

So if you think they don't know what they are doing... think again!

Remember too... THIS IS A PHONE GAME!

I haven't played any other game that's held my attention past 5 months...

Solarcaine
11-14-2012, 12:53 PM
@Sexkitteh you are right this is a phone game, not a WOW type of game. Selling Power is short sighted but, hey how long can you play a phone game,Right?

Labradorite
11-14-2012, 01:07 PM
There's nothing wrong with Power, it's all depending on how you use it. Everything in this world is based on Energy (which is Power)

sexkitteh
11-14-2012, 01:21 PM
@Sexkitteh you are right this is a phone game, not a WOW type of game. Selling Power is short sighted but, hey how long can you play a phone game,Right?

The silly thing is that this is the ONLY game (or type of game cause there where a few other facebook games that started this) based around how phat your wallet is...

No luck involved... it's not about spending a max of 60 bucks or 100 bucks like other games... it really comes down to endless amounts of cash being spent...

It's a game of king of the hill for rich people...