PDA

View Full Version : News on Modern War Gold Boycott??

Burn
11-13-2012, 04:17 AM
Couldn't help but notice some Modern War guys stumble in here asking for support of their Gold Boycott a couple of weeks back.

Also saw that they have since had a '40% Off' Gold Sale.

Some questions for anyone that has a foot in both MW and CC camps...

What was the MW Boycott about, what was their grumble?

How many players bought into the Gold Boycott?

Was it effective, did they get what they wanted?

Did the 40% Gold Sale melt everyones resolve and kill the Boycott?

Is it now over, or does it continue?

I'm just being nosy and commercially curious, thx in advance for any info.

P.S. I know I could read MW forums, but I don't know a lot of people over there, and don't know who is credible - I might think I'm talking to an MXZ (farm this item from there), when I'm actually talking to a Dipstick (buy more henchmen).

Dhusagar
11-13-2012, 04:30 AM
Couldn't help but notice some Modern War guys stumble in here asking for support of their Gold Boycott a couple of weeks back.

Also saw that they have since had a '40% Off' Gold Sale.

Some questions for anyone that has a foot in both MW and CC camps...

What was the MW Boycott about, what was their grumble?
Bad service; Bad units; broken Units; Invisble units; invisible boosts- basically the game is broken

How many players bought into the Gold Boycott?
can't answer that, but a lot - including big gold spenders - the auction usually has 1000+ to win top prize, this time it was closer to 150. Sam plays both, but don't know if he joined the boycott

Was it effective, did they get what they wanted?
Silence from Gree!

Did the 40% Gold Sale melt everyones resolve and kill the Boycott?
Not had a 40% gold sale yet - we will have to see.

Is it now over, or does it continue?
Continues.

I'm just being nosy and commercially curious, thx in advance for any info.

P.S. I know I could read MW forums, but I don't know a lot of people over there, and don't know who is credible - I might think I'm talking to an MXZ (farm this item from there), when I'm actually talking to a Dipstick (buy more henchmen).

I am not an MXZ, but neither am I Dippy. Hope this answers your q's

Burn
11-13-2012, 04:46 AM
Thx Dhusagar

I must have been misinformed about the MW 40% Gold Sale.

Big drop from 1000+ to 150, interesting that they all held together on that.

Ramshutu
11-13-2012, 04:47 AM
1.) Boycott is still going on, above the single week.
2.) Ferr and PUN are basically walking lvl 10 nightclub to gree and are still not buying.
3.) lots of issues, the main one being that boosts dntt work. Considering that there are far moreboost items in mw than cc, it Ian a big problem. Also leaderboards, communication in general and I also believe i read something about cheater policy also.
4.) ccm posted a thread to say a number of the specific issues are being addressed but not yet fixed.
5.) android autocorrect is so very bad.

Dhusagar
11-13-2012, 05:39 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41779-Regarding-the-Boycott

Burn - this is a thread worth reading if you want to know more.

Elastic Earl
11-13-2012, 06:08 AM
I would read anything posted by Ferr. He has won every auction event he participated in. Guessing biggest client Gree has.

Boycott definitely working. Alot less participation in last auction event.

One of their demands was a live leaderboard till end of events. They got that.

Apparently boosts advertised on event items dont really work. They want visible evidence of boosts in their profiles and during Pvp.

They claim there are players who dont take casualties during PvP. Call them Casualty Glitchers. They want everyone to have the same casualty rate.

This is just what i have picked up reading their forum and playing MW.

Hope it helps.

Burn
11-13-2012, 06:18 AM
Thx to all for input. Just trying to get a handle on what was happening in MW, in relation to Deluxe thread here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41813-The-writing-is-on-the-wall(s)-literally

Deluxe, looks to me like you have a blueprint to follow.

Nicky the Nose
11-13-2012, 06:25 AM
Thats a pretty interesting thread if they follow through.

Dipstik
11-13-2012, 07:05 AM
I was boycotting gree before it was cool.

Burn
11-13-2012, 07:19 AM

Wow! Seems there is some heavy ish going on over in MW world.

Dipstick, you might want to read the thread quoted, legal stuff, might interest you.

Deluxe
11-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Thx to all for input. Just trying to get a handle on what was happening in MW, in relation to Deluxe thread here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41813-The-writing-is-on-the-wall(s)-literally

Deluxe, looks to me like you have a blueprint to follow.

After work ill do some investigating on the MW forum. Perhaps some outreach in-game...id love to be an active role in effecting change. Need the 'ferrs' of CC to make this happen it seems. Sam, Grimly, Maxxx, Scarlet...korpop...im calling these people out!

Dhusagar
11-13-2012, 07:25 AM
After work ill do some investigating on the MW forum. Perhaps some outreach in-game...id love to be an active role in effecting change. Need the 'ferrs' of CC to make this happen it seems. Sam, Grimly, Maxxx, Scarlet...korpop...im calling these people out!

Sam has already been talking to Ferr in the MW forum - what about the others?

Big John
11-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Not everyone got the first 40% gold sale so there's another one coming.

Might test the boycott if the issues aren't fixed.

Illuminati
11-13-2012, 07:38 AM
It amazes me how a multimillion (billion?) dollar company can manage a freakin mobile game so poorly. This isn't World of Warcraft we're talking about here where there's presumably tons of complex programming and coding. The basic foundation and structure of the game was already in place when Gree purchased the game from Funzio.

As for our ever responsive forum moderators, I wonder what keeps them soooo busy in their jobs that they can't even take the time to respond to the players that express issues with the game, and there have been many. So much for having a more active line of communication. I think the biggest losers here are those who continue to enable Gree's poor management by continuing to spend real money on virtual items that at the end of the day mean nothing.

Dipstik
11-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Wow! Seems there is some heavy ish going on over in MW world.

Dipstick, you might want to read the thread quoted, legal stuff, might interest you.

Read it until some idiot started citing the abolition of slavery... The first guy pretty much nailed it, but I'm not sure how that's relevant to a boycott.

Harry Tuttle

Anyone who feels like they've been ignored by Gree should read this. The boycott is still active, only Gree knows how much of an effect it's having, financially. I can tell you that it has served to bring everyone together.

sez

That was a great read, if Ferr and PJ and others are really moving forward with what was said then that is awesome. Eagerly awaiting updates as to what happens.

Nicky the Nose
11-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Anyone who feels like they've been ignored by Gree should read this. The boycott is still active, only Gree knows how much of an effect it's having, financially. I can tell you that it has served to bring everyone together.

Agreed +1!!!!!!!!

Canoehead
11-13-2012, 08:17 AM
I have been advocating a gold boycott since the anniversary fiasco, but I've also been saying that this only works if the Indians get on board, and every time I say that, the thread comes to a screeching halt. The fact that the Indians are well organized already gives any boycott instant advantage in implementation. As the strongest group in the game, they are also trend setters, and of course they represent some of the biggest gold buyers. Burn, since you started this thread, does that mean the Indians are considering being part of this? It helps everyone, and in the interim we can still all have fun robbing and fighting each other

Poopenshire
11-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Not everyone got the first 40% gold sale so there's another one coming.

Might test the boycott if the issues aren't fixed.

I have multiple MW accounts and not a single one every got the 40% off sale. it was a sale a month or so ago that was offered selectively to players.

Poopenshire
11-13-2012, 08:23 AM
I know I posted some of this a few weeks ago, but the one of the biggest issues we have and see in MW is things don't work as promised. Boosts, upgrades, and improvements come out with such praise and hype. Then to be told all boosts are invisible and every player that tests the boosts confirm it does not work. CCM even tested as much and showed the boosts do not work.

The second issue is the shear amount and disposition of hackers and glitchers. I know CC has its fair share and I won't disupute how disruptive it is. MW is compounded by the fact we lose our units to consumption (unlike your explosives only). this throws the balance of power off horribly in our game.

Those are just 2 of the topics we are considering for top issues.

Illuminati
11-13-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm not heavy gold spender by any means but if I were, I'd be insulted with a 40% off gold sale if that was Gree's response to all the issues in game. You guys spent all this real money on gold to purchase in-game items with bonuses that don't work? Oh sorry, here's a chance to buy some more gold so you can spend it on even more in-game items. In the end, the only winner is Gree.

(CK) EL
11-13-2012, 08:55 AM
i want to remind that the modifier from "crazy hit and run" car that should increase mafia car attack by 20% isn't just invisible as CCM was saying, doesn't work at all and this is for sure.
It is checked through boss events.
Gree is asked by me about it twice and i am totaly ignored
some of us that paid real money for that modifier are simply decieved

Joeycool
11-13-2012, 09:02 AM
What reasons have people got to boycot Gold in CC currently?

Nicky the Nose
11-13-2012, 09:30 AM

No leader board in all events. IE most PVP attacks, most PVE attacks, most robberies, or most money collected
Forum is not monitored so questions are never answered
Prizes are or have not been received in timely manner
Money was spent "gold defense building" that don't work as stated
Cheaters or hackers have not been fully addressed

Not sure this is a issue but M4A1 no longer available

Canoehead
11-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Lets add unclear or incorrect instructions and explanations for events and cheaters not being quickly removed. The list is substantial, and that does not even get to some points made by burn and others about the direction of the game, particularly the stat inflation and corresponding devaluation of past gold purchases through scratchers and boss events. My own addition would be the lack of new loot and weapons for high stat/level players. Even free players get to the point where there respect and loot drops are worthless

Joeycool
11-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Well if the feeling of the masses is for a gold boycott. And it has been proven that it has achieved something in MW.

I will talk with the Indians about getting involved.

However, those who think we get special treatment from support are wrong. We dont get anything that the rest of you dont. And there aren't actually that many of us.

So I dont think we have as much clout as you think.

Dipstik
11-13-2012, 09:38 AM
I boycott gold because this is essentially a VERY simple time wasting game. What's the point of paying real money to pretend to be the "best" at a game that requires no skill and has no winners?

Joeycool
11-13-2012, 09:44 AM
this is essentially a VERY simple time wasting game.

Tru Dat!

secret extra characters!

Nicky the Nose
11-13-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm not saying anyone gets special treatment, and to be honest I don't care if someone does. I want defense to work as stated and I want hackers stopped before they attack 300 people. Just close the loop holes, and give us clear instruction and be honest with us. If they want to keep the game mechanics secret that is one thing but to lie or deceive is another.

chbranch
11-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Well if the feeling of the masses is for a gold boycott. And it has been proven that it has achieved something in MW.

I will talk with the Indians about getting involved.

However, those who think we get special treatment from support are wrong. We dont get anything that the rest of you dont. And there aren't actually that many of us.

So I dont think we have as much clout as you think.

That boycott hasn't achieved jack sh.it in MW. Nothing has changed, people are still playing events, spending money etc. The only thing that has changed is that the two high spenders along with a few forum members over there didn't participate in the last event. So instead of the leaderboard looking like 1. 1200 2. 1150 3. 300....etc. It was 1. 300 2. 296...etc. The 40% gold sale was offered to individuals that hadn't bought gold before just like in CC, and the new 40% gold sale WAS NOT in response to the boycott but something that is going to be offered to all who play Gree games on Black Friday.

Joeycool
11-13-2012, 10:07 AM
That boycott hasn't achieved jack sh.it in MW. Nothing has changed, people are still playing events, spending money etc. The only thing that has changed is that the two high spenders along with a few forum members over there didn't participate in the last event. So instead of the leaderboard looking like 1. 1200 2. 1150 3. 300....etc. It was 1. 300 2. 296...etc. The 40% gold sale was offered to individuals that hadn't bought gold before just like in CC, and the new 40% gold sale WAS NOT in response to the boycott but something that is going to be offered to all who play Gree games on Black Friday.

Thats as i expected to be honest.

I've been around for a while now. And I've seen many efforts to "communicate" with funzio from the community.

Bottom line... Funzio dont listen to the community, and they never have. Fortunately for them they have a great product. So they dont need to.

chbranch
11-13-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure ANY video game company making millions are going to listen to a few players who so-call boycott. Every video game has issues, cheaters, doesn't play as expected, etc. Modern Warfare double XP weekends don't add up sometimes, WOW has people modding illegal weapons and selling them online, and I can't even hot route a wide receiver to a outside slant route in madden 13 anymore. Issues, cheaters, and weird game play exist in every game. Nothing is perfect.

Nicky the Nose
11-13-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure ANY video game company making millions are going to listen to a few players who so-call boycott. Every video game has issues, cheaters, doesn't play as expected, etc. Modern Warfare double XP weekends don't add up sometimes, WOW has people modding illegal weapons and selling them online, and I can't even hot route a wide receiver to a outside slant route in madden 13 anymore. Issues, cheaters, and weird game play exist in every game. Nothing is perfect.

Like I said I don't expect miracles, but it would be nice to get a straight answer from them to a question. But if no one wants to at least try your all right it will fail

What is it 80% that aren't even on the forum so the ones that are need to pull together

Ragmondino
11-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Thats as i expected to be honest.

I've been around for a while now. And I've seen many efforts to "communicate" with funzio from the community.

Bottom line... Funzio dont listen to the community, and they never have. Fortunately for them they have a great product. So they dont need to.

You back in game as well?

Joeycool
11-13-2012, 10:47 AM
You back in game as well?

When i can be bothered. I have no buildings in my hood at all!

Paulio
11-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Why'd you sell the buildings JC?

Joeycool
11-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Why'd you sell the buildings JC?

Well I actually fully intended to quit. So I had a fire sale.

But actually... the most time consuming part of the game is collecting money buildings. Setting timers so you dont miss collections etc.

With out buildings to worry about its something you can play when you have a bit of time to kill. If you dont log in on time etc its no problem.

In game money is pointless ay HL anyway.

Ramshutu
11-13-2012, 11:21 AM
99% of the problems are either communication or simple unrevolved issues.

Mark needs to be given more power to communicate what is going on, rather than run the company under a veil of secrecy that is tighter than a bond supervillians l. A significant number of issues and problems and what is going on to fix them would probably placate a lot of people.

And I don't know wtf is going on with the community manager. Seriously, if you want to have a community forum do it, but having one and not really using it just causes this weird paranoia/speculation lord of the flies things.

dudeman
11-13-2012, 11:27 AM

In three words, bait and switch.

Intentional or not, there is a history of bait and switch instances occurring in CC. Giving Gree the benefit of the doubt, I would call the O'Malley boss event fiasco an unintentional bait and switch. Something messed up causing the event to display incorrect information which was then corrected mid event. Rather than switching the requirements without notice and during a live event, they could have simply posted an announcement about what happened and told players not to expect it to occur again. So they didn't intend for there to be a bait and switch, but there still was a bait and switch that occurred because that's how they chose to handle the issue. It wasn't the only option, but still the one chosen as most appropriate.

The most recent example of their bait and switch tactics was the Turf War Boss. For the first 49 "kills" the progress bar states for the boss "0/1". Given that it takes 30 "kills" to complete the 30 Thugs, 15 kills to complete the 15 Informants, and 5 kills to complete the 5 Hitmen, there is no logical reason to assume the boss would require more than 1 kill to complete the 1 boss.

Then you get the 50th kill to finish the 5th Hitman and the progress bar is literally switched out for a boss health bar, which still fails to indicate more than 1 kill is required.

Not anywhere in the information is it stated that the boss requires more than one kill.

Not anywhere on the main event screen is such information posted.

Not even an official announcement in the forum explaining how the event works.

Outright bait and switch. The only way this one can be excused as unintentional is if it was caused by ignorance and/or incompetence.

BigD@wg
11-13-2012, 11:34 AM
@Burn

Below are a list of concerns that I posted. There may have been some small variation among different players boycott posts but these listed here are the general ideas:

1. Make all boosts visible

2. Splash screens for all events and promotions be visible to all players. Not everyone uses forum and sometimes no one even knows when these events are occurring. Furthermore, Stop targeting specific accounts with splash screens to whom you feel are more prone to buy. Visibility to all players.

3. Leaderboard visible for all events at all times. The leaderboard must stay visible for the entire duration of an event and final leaderboard stay posted after the event ends. Stop freezing it to stimulate further spending.

4. In-game support people who understand the games and are willing to provide real solutions. No more scripted answers of "its being looked into" or "we don't see an issue". Those are not solutions, those are evasive, non-helpful answers. We wouldn't send tickets if there weren't a problem. We know the problems... Just fix them when a ticket is submitted.

5. Forum moderators who will not tolerate abusive language towards other players. Moderators that are willing to answer questions directed to them in threads. This "I will reply if i feel like it" is worthless. All of this PM me your issue, is nonsense garbage. If you weren't ashamed of your response, then you would make it visible to all. Be helpful!

6. Eliminate all hackers and acknowledge when hackers have been removed from game. Hackers have no rights so letting us players know when they have been dealt with is only fair to your true customers.

7. Provide new content for all players on a routine basis: new buildings, cash units, valor units, maps, mission goals, etc. New content and events should not always involve gold purchases....Stop it.

8. Remove "No causality glitch" players. Why should they get free indestructible armies when the rest us have to pay for it? They shouldn't. Don't tell us there is no glitch. We know it exists.

The demands have been stated. It is now up to Gree to make things right.

-BD
Last edited by BigD@wg; 11-04-2012 at 07:31 AM

Vballmadam
11-13-2012, 11:45 AM
This is my boycott

Vballmadam joins boycott
To show solidarity and to try to improve this game I join this boycott.

I would like to see new units with higher stats that everyone can have a chance of purchasing with money.

I would like to see all hackers eliminated from this game.

If we report someone, please respond back with they have been removed from the game or they are a legitimate player.

I would like screenshots before and during events so we know when an event begins, what the prize is and how long the event lasts.

I would like better customer service: Answers to all our tickets......employees to actually read our tickets so that we don't get generic answers that have nothing to do with our questions.

I would like to see Gree reward their awesome employees like CJ and A so that they won't quit.

I would like to see the Leaderboard events to be unfrozen the last hour so that not only can we watch the action but .....we will know where everyone finishes.

I would like to see that all boosts are working. We should visibly see a difference in stats or attacks etc.

I would like to see someone moderate the forums and hold people accountable to the rules.
.....Examples: trolls, vulgarity, not respecting each other and our opinions

By boycotting I declare for the next week I will not raid or attack anyone. I will not buy gold until I see some resolve with our issues.

Let's stand together to improve the game....vballmadam

spectra
11-13-2012, 12:02 PM
FYI
there still no 40% sale in MW
CCM stated they would put one, but it has not happened yet

Cheers

Al Murkya
11-13-2012, 12:52 PM
cool, another boycott thread.

Harry Tuttle
11-13-2012, 12:54 PM
cool, another boycott thread.

I know, right? It's nice to see everybody finding common ground!

Jian Carlo
11-13-2012, 06:07 PM
From what this thread is saying I believe we should have some of the more experienced players take the lead if a boycott was to succeed.

I'm saying this with no allegiance to any gang, a member of none but my thinking would be Deluxe who started the subject, Joeycool who has all the HL contacts and Paulio start taking in PM and see if they can bring the big spenders together to move this forward ....... Only a suggestion but we can talk all day on this thread or another one and nothing will happen. A forum committee is required if we are to be organised.

nopenopenope
11-13-2012, 06:22 PM
We demand pecan sandies and nilla wafers!

http://autostraddle.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/cookie-monster-20080603-133713.jpg

Canoehead
11-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Nopenopenope - the name says it all. Say something constructive or stfu

nopenopenope
11-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Nopenopenope - the name says it all. Say something constructive or stfu

Buy henchmen. Y so serious?

http://youtu.be/ztA2eYpEIqg

Honey Boo Boo
11-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Buy henchmen. Y so serious?

http://youtu.be/ztA2eYpEIqg

Henchmen are always constructive. Stat boosters too. :)

Paulio
11-13-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm on board for a gold boycott, but my circle of influence is much smaller than JC's. I'll even commit to not talk any smack to my rivals during the boycott if it helps curb the gold purchases.

There are only several CK that buy a lot of gold, but I think I can get them on board.

JC and Burn, can you do the same with th Indians?

D, can you do the same with CCS?

Steve0
11-13-2012, 07:41 PM
I am in too lets do this

Paulio
11-13-2012, 07:45 PM
I am in too lets do this

Nice signature

Steve0
11-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Nice signatureYou like that.Thats how I roll. Just like my DUCKS.

chbranch
11-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I'll even commit to not talk any smack to my rivals during the boycott if it helps curb the gold purchases.

What!? Not even to Lupo? Please Gree hurry up and do something. Those war of words are always classic.

Harry Tuttle
11-13-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm the person least qualified to say this, but welcome aboard gentlemen!

Vballmadam
11-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Harry you are just as qualified as anyone else. This boycott is for the betterment of this game which will benefit everyone.....so as Harry said " welcome aboard"!

Dravak
11-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Here boycott is not working lol , why it is obvious people reached there climax in MW ..
people have reached there spending limits .. Or hit the wall where reality meets the MONEY .

Infact in every other P2W people who invested so much usually already quit , that in this game they continue to play and build and collect , says enough .

in the end all they have to do is IGNORE the boycotters long enough , and done sure some income lost .
but they will get what they want .
People do not like to be ignored , but heck what can they do ?
infact take honor and some self esteem delete all Gree APPS , dump there stocks .
In the end it is business after all , while welcome drama how many keep there word nowadays :p

So support it if you want , boycott if you have too , give bad reviews .
Way too many funzio and gree plants in these games , try to find those if you want to establish a lawsuit .
Probaly they will lock this thread after I posted , to succesfully win a lawsuit , you need to think outside the box .
All I see is inside box measures that has no effect and just a waste of time and money .

Paulio
11-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Dravak, I always appreciate your input, but we're not talking about a lawsuit. Just a boycott. You might be right and we get ignored. But what if? Are you willing to join the boycott?

Deluxe
11-14-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm on board for a gold boycott, but my circle of influence is much smaller than JC's. I'll even commit to not talk any smack to my rivals during the boycott if it helps curb the gold purchases.

There are only several CK that buy a lot of gold, but I think I can get them on board.

JC and Burn, can you do the same with th Indians?

D, can you do the same with CCS?

Well have a talk, let you know

Sam @
11-14-2012, 10:03 AM
History shows that boycotts hardly work unless its a smaller company.

Gree has over 230 million users and they gross $1.7 billion a year. Unless you get at least 20% of the users to boycott, that's 46 million users, it's not going to make an impact.

There's other ways to get your demands if you email Support directly instead of posting in the forums. For example ASK for a cash/gold refund, or item upgrade or both. They will on most cases give you what you ask for if its reasonable.

Crying on the forums isn't going to help. Don't get me wrong, I'm not siding with Gree, in fact I'm on the players side. I would love to see the players get their demands, but boycotting might not be the best way to do it.

Lupo
11-14-2012, 10:06 AM
I bet that on the next Gold sale everybody will forget about boycott and rush to buy Gold.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 10:09 AM
I already joined my own boycott last month , so only 2200 gold left of last month bonus , will not purchase anymore gold .
lol the money I spent in London buying people drinks and stuff , was beter invested .
Atleast it went straight to there enjoyment or keeping there business afloat :) ..

even if some people tought I was the target , oh did buy homeless people a drink and some food .
instead of giving them money , they waste on not needed luxury .

the ladder event on cc invasion shows that people will keep spending , sorry cause that even people didn't had to spent big , cause nothing seperates top 1 from top 25 , still people like to be top 1 it seems .
that is why the boycott won't work .

Look vote with your wallet , it just a virtual game , you do not need to spent more Paulio .
As long you have people to chat with , don't fall for those fake hired webcam/porn site drama queen/king or funzio/gree plants .
Who need to earn there months extra wages , or gold diggers , the game is quite enjoyable .

Sam @
11-14-2012, 10:09 AM
I bet that on the next Gold sale everybody will forget about boycott and rush to buy Gold.

Lol, see that's the problem, you need every single player to be on board for the boycott to work. But there's always new players and other players who will continue playing. It's sad but true.

Gree has over 200 million players and growing.

Ramshutu
11-14-2012, 10:25 AM
History shows that boycotts hardly work unless its a smaller company.

Gree has over 230 million users and they gross $1.7 billion a year. Unless you get at least 20% of the users to boycott, that's 46 million users, it's not going to make an impact.

There's other ways to get your demands if you email Support directly instead of posting in the forums. For example ASK for a cash/gold refund, or item upgrade or both. They will on most cases give you what you ask for if its reasonable.

Crying on the forums isn't going to help. Don't get me wrong, I'm not siding with Gree, in fact I'm on the players side. I would love to see the players get their demands, but boycotting might not be the best way to do it.

I highly suspect that "Gree" is not one overarching, highly integrated company; it's very difficult to do this with a large company. Money wise, the numbers will come out per product and per division and you can bet your rear end that as a company, the performance and breakdown of income and profit per game and per division are scrutinized to the point that the game devs have to wipe both sides seperately after a poo to avoid scratching the accountant.

The Division management will likely have a fair amount of automony, there will be sharing of strategy (some staff) and some platform, but realistically, you will still have a guy sitting in the Was-Funzio office who is ultimately resposible for Crime City, et al. If a boycott is reasonably taken up, it is this guy, rather than Gree as a whole who would sit up and take notice, as it would be their posterior on the line if he did not make his numbers. And yes, the accountant would undoubtedly escape before anything happened.

Paulio
11-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Excellent point, Ram.

@Sam - it's not just about getting cash/gold refunds or upgrades. It's about improving gameplay for ALL players - free and gold spenders alike. I can guarantee that players without your purchase history do not get the same level of responsiveness that you do.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Paulio how can a support keep up with 1 million people , let alone 200 million people ?
look at wow , even then they give certain people priority over others , as a guild master there .
And ex blizzard fan , I gotten way more support and way less waiting time then other people .
that one is based on everybody pays the same .

Sorry how many people daily report my account as cheat lol , or Sam or Trey account .
Those ticket are not like 5 no maybe 100's ticket a day , and worst during pvp events .
How many people daily request gold back or other feature , so how big do you want to make the support staff .
For all those issues , each support staff needs to be paid above average .. And worst off all trusted .

yes boycotting this product is good , less gold earnings means customers are disatisfied .. Shows in the quarter stats.
But truth is how many people will abide by the boycott ? , give them 1000 stats item for 500 gold ;)
the big spenders get the itch right away .

Paulio
11-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Drav, I'm not necessarily saying they should increase the support staff. I'm saying that the developers should fix certain issues that affect everyone. If those issues are fixed, then support wouldn't be so bogged down. I'm not gonna list the issues, because several people have already listed them in detail.

Ramshutu
11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Drav, I'm not necessarily saying they should increase the support staff. I'm saying that the developers should fix certain issues that affect everyone. If those issues are fixed, then support wouldn't be so bogged down. I'm not gonna list the issues, because several people have already listed them in detail.

What he said... Seriously, if I look back into the tickets I have had in the past month:

a.) 10 x Cheat Reports.
b.) 2 x Gold Misclicks.
c.) 1 x The Boss Events not working properly when started.
d.) 1 x Reporting a missing item from the survey thing.

Every single one of them would be solvable with:

a) Small effort into Auto-banning.
b) A confirmation button.
c) Better testing prior to releasing.
d) CCM Having more time should A,B and C are fixed.

This is a typical problem you experience in any company. When you take short cuts, or do things Quick And Dirty, it builds up "intellectual debt": With a small amount of initial effort, you have to spend time over the next XXX amount of time fixing it, dealing with it's consequences, or otherwise time invested in supporting it.

There comes a point, where you have ignored (or more accurately, put off) the underlying problems for so long, that you end up spending all your time simply and effort servicing the interest, and have no time to do anything else. I suspect that this is probably where we are now.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 11:21 AM
I agree some issue should be fixed like cheaters , and some rubbishe like china gold farmers ... Or damn hiring of amateur hookers ... Or amateur roleplayers who need to metagame .

but then again , don't look at Gree , look at Nexos they started this trend , and the rest just follow hoping for a piece of the 9 billion dollar pie a year ..
infact Nexos is going so far as forcing competition on the western market to go bankrupt ...

Sorry you looking for improvements in a product stay with P2P (pay to play for the people who don't know)
Those products have room for improvements budget fixed , P2W or F2P is a consumers market .
consumers themself decide what will happen , if nobody is statisfied , then we all delete the APP and move on .

Here we should boycott in CC cause nothing is being done , about long outstanding features . Like gold confirmation .
cheaters running rampant and not banned ...
But problem to that equation is that it brings more income then not those features :(

Jian Carlo
11-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Sam, Lupo, Dravak, you are some of the main players in game, you are up there with all the main gold spenders all the time, if you didn't participate in the next 3 events you guys will still be among the strongest players in game. Support the boycott and not only are you supporting the game you are supporting the players who are below you but love the game just as much as you do.

The problem is if we don't work together then nothing changes, but we have a small, a very small chance, to make a change, but we need you guys to work with us.

If we don't try, then we will never know if we can make Gree change or not.

Come join us.....

Sam @
11-14-2012, 11:38 AM
I agree Paulio, improving game play for all players is important.

There's countless issues to be addressed. Is boycotting the solution? I see over 50 boycott threads a day and 15-20 troll threads. If there's a boycott, I would like to see a boycott of trolls 

But seriously, any suggestions? Or should we just delete this app and move on?

Deluxe
11-14-2012, 11:48 AM

Thats my fear

Dravak
11-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Jian am not buying anymore gold come next month will not have time to play this game ..

the lazyness of not awarding the events items says it all , CC has been put on backburner ..
All attention is on the bigger rip off of monsterquest ... Oh trust me like I was right with MW .
MQ will be one giant ripoff sooner or later of grandscale , why do people always fall for that lol .

Look if you want to boycott go ahead , then do it right make a list of demands for players enjoyment .
And start a donation for charity , Sam can easily do that or Iceman or Trey ..
every penny you wanted to invest into CC , shows up on the charity fund , that really stings companies ...

they see the amount of $$$$ flushed down the drain , instead of given to them ..
it also seperates the real boycott people from the fake , and then you can decide if deleting this APP is worthwhile or not , people have so many good intentions .

but very few people keep to there words , money talks bs walks .

Jian Carlo
11-14-2012, 11:54 AM
I agree Paulio, improving game play for all players is important.

There's countless issues to be addressed. Is boycotting the solution? I see over 50 boycott threads a day and 15-20 troll threads. If there's a boycott, I would like to see a boycott of trolls 

But seriously, any suggestions? Or should we just delete this app and move on?

We would all love to see the trolls gone forever, well maybe Dip the exception to that rule.

Sam sorry if am going over old ground here.
In business there is only one thing that hurts you bad and that is the lack of cash. Companies can survive downturns, recessions, and so on, provided they have cash. No cash means no salaries, no research, no R&D, no nothing, the company can't survive for long. Gree will maybe be able to keep trading for sometime cos they are a cash rich company but stop their income and I have no doubt we will grab their attention.

The thing is we need you big guys to be with us or a boycott is pointless and meaningless. We need you to stand along side us, even for a short while.

If CC & NW are standing together then Gree has a problem

Jian Carlo
11-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Jian am not buying anymore gold come next month will not have time to play this game ..

the lazyness of not awarding the events items says it all , CC has been put on backburner ..
All attention is on the bigger rip off of monsterquest ... Oh trust me like I was right with MW .
MQ will be one giant ripoff sooner or later of grandscale , why do people always fall for that lol .

Look if you want to boycott go ahead , then do it right make a list of demands for players enjoyment .
And start a donation for charity , Sam can easily do that or Iceman or Trey ..
every penny you wanted to invest into CC , shows up on the charity fund , that really stings companies ...

they see the amount of $$$$ flushed down the drain , instead of given to them ..
it also seperates the real boycott people from the fake , and then you can decide if deleting this APP is worthwhile or not , people have so many good intentions .

but very few people keep to there words , money talks bs walks .

Dravak as always I agree with you. We small time players are waiting for leaders to move this idea forward, make a stand, list our demands, see what we can achieve, if anything. Donate to charity? I'm all for it if it helps our cause.

Nicky the Nose
11-14-2012, 12:02 PM
As I'm a noob no one knows me and has no reason to trust me. Maybe a boycott isn't the right way to go about this but we have no other way that I see to get Gree's attention. If they could show an effort to fix the issues of banning cheats and fixing a leader board for all events, make defense work as stated that would make most of us happy. I agree a lawsuit is a very bad idea no one wins and we look like fools. We don't want free money for nothing, we want a free game to work as stated. We want to know that if we buy gold it's going to work correctly. I'm all for giving the developer money for their hard work, but if it doesn't work fix it. Thats all we are asking for, fix the broken parts of a good game make it a great game. I will stop buying gold as long as everyone else does. Pick someone anyone Deluxe, Sam, Lupo, Burn, whomever, they say stop we stop for a week or two. Issues fixed or we cave and we go back to buying gold as soon as the word to buy is said. We only fail if we don't try.

This is the last time I'll post for a boycott if we don't try now. I'll go back to being a camper and you can all go back to throwing as much money as you want to at Gree.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 12:06 PM
I rather have Sam or Iceman do it or Trey , cause while Paulio is good too for his word .
Those top 3 doesn't really need the money , and they are honorable enough to cancel the project ... (yes you can cancel charity funds ) if there is no real outcome .

It is not a indian incentive , it should be a CC incentive as player base we all put up for the future of the game .
We want improvements too , like said I think if Sam has enough time , he has enough people backing him up :)

He is not for nothing King of CC ;) not cause of stats alone .

Jian Carlo
11-14-2012, 12:06 PM
+100 Nicky, well said.

Jian Carlo
11-14-2012, 12:09 PM
I rather have Sam or Iceman do it or Trey , cause while Paulio is good too for his word .
Those top 3 doesn't really need the money , and they are honorable enough to cancel the project ... (yes you can cancel charity funds ) if there is no real outcome .

It is not a indian incentive , it should be a CC incentive as player base we all put up for the future of the game .
We want improvements too , like said I think if Sam has enough time , he has enough people backing him up :)

He is not for nothing King of CC ;) not cause of stats alone .

Then Sam .... Your our Man ...... Lead us

Patrick616
11-14-2012, 12:27 PM
If you need help setting up charity funds or want me to do it then I will be glad to. I have set up and run half a dozen non-profit/charity events in the past. Yes you can receive charity funds back if everything is set up correctly. I think the point of setting up something for charity is to actually give the money to a worthy cause or causes. There is a great feeling when you do something for a cause and know that your money can make a difference

Dravak
11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
patrick it is not that , look let Sam or one of the big spenders who everybody know to be honorable and trustworthy ..
start this , make a list of demands , and also Gree listen a lot beter to people they know are donating to them .

they do not need a virtual life of fake people/trolls , they play this game for fun .
So this way money people donate will not get scammed or frauded or stick in the charity organiser own pocket .
and if demands are met or satisifying conditions met , then cancel the donations .

Sam @
11-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Woah easy there guys! How did a potential boycott thread turn into a charity thread lol.

I don't have the time to run a charity. I already donate to my local charities ie children's hospitals etc.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Woah easy there guys! How did a potential boycott thread turn into a charity thread lol.

I don't have the time to run a charity. I already donate to my local charities ie children's hospitals etc.

Cause you know as well as I do ;) money talks and BS walks ...

So showing Gree figures with $$$$$ they could have earned , instead of $$$$ lost ...
Stings any cooperate company big time :p

Ragmondino
11-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Sounds like SAMs being set up as Che Guevara of crime city.
Lead us Sam. Revolutionise the game

Labradorite
11-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I'll support the boycott for charity.

Since we all come from different parts of the world and not everyone want to reveal their identity with good reasons or have money to donate. I think an honor system would be great.

We create a thread and post our donation to local charities, such as Red Cross, and post it there, either with or without photo receipts. The donation can be money, food, toy, or blood, etc. This way, every member can participate, not just the big spenders.

During the boycott, instead of tapping buy more gold button, we go to the charity website and use our CC money there.

Dravak
11-14-2012, 01:01 PM
labradorite , it is about the money on a total website that counts , so not yet donated or paid yet ...
but as usual people have to make sure they can afford it ..
everybody can donate 1$ , even if they are the poor person :p ...
it is about making those figures shown , CC players want improvement ...

1 work out a list of doable realistic demands ...
2 workout a system that supports this game to another level , be paid subscription with limit on gold spending etc.
3 less scams and more care of this community .

I think people should make a list of realistic demands , that cater both to this CC game being a steady backbone of Gree , instead of just a milk cow , with the biggest flaw a bunch of brains ;)

Paulio
11-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Yes, Sam, you're the guy. You're one of, if not the, biggest spender in CC. Not only that, but you have the respect of the Indians and your rivals. If you prompt some of the other big spenders (Iceman, trev, jm, inDN Hitman, Vicious V, Lupo, Johnny, etc.) to hold off until we see change, I believe they will go along with it.

Just as MW has a representative (Ferr), CC needs one too. You're the guy. If you don't, then none of the other top-spending Indians will either.

P.s. This has nothing to do with charity. What we all do (or don't do) with our charitable contributions is our own business. This is a CC forum, and this boycott is about improved gameplay for all.

Patrick616
11-14-2012, 02:18 PM
patrick it is not that , look let Sam or one of the big spenders who everybody know to be honorable and trustworthy ..
start this , make a list of demands , and also Gree listen a lot beter to people they know are donating to them .

they do not need a virtual life of fake people/trolls , they play this game for fun .
So this way money people donate will not get scammed or frauded or stick in the charity organiser own pocket .
and if demands are met or satisifying conditions met , then cancel the donations .

No, I understand completely what you are saying. It is more work than many people realize. I'm sorry but I would not trust 1 single person with that amount of $$..... My suggestion would be to set it up or have someone set it up and have "the big dogs" act like a board of directors. The ones whom make the decisions.

Nicky the Nose
11-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Yes, Sam, you're the guy. You're one of, if not the, biggest spender in CC. Not only that, but you have the respect of the Indians and your rivals. If you prompt some of the other big spenders (Iceman, trev, jm, inDN Hitman, Vicious V, Lupo, Johnny, etc.) to hold off until we see change, I believe they will go along with it.

Just as MW has a representative (Ferr), CC needs one too. You're the guy. If you don't, then none of the other top-spending Indians will either.

P.s. This has nothing to do with charity. What we all do (or don't do) with our charitable contributions is our own business. This is a CC forum, and this boycott is about improved gameplay for all.

+1
Sam will you please lead us?

Ghost818
11-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Interesting read lol.

Sam @
11-14-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm telling you, boycotts do NOT work.

What are we boycotting? I bet you half the people here don't even know what they are boycotting.

Olly1
11-14-2012, 03:18 PM

What are we boycotting? I bet you half the people here don't even know what they are boycotting.

One of the top 25 leaders on MW's most recent event was called 'Captain Boycott' or something like that. He was obviously boycotting real hard!

mxz
11-14-2012, 03:39 PM

What are we boycotting? I bet you half the people here don't even know what they are boycotting.I started an anti-boycotter thread over there because the threads had engulfed all the others that could be helpful.

It's actually kind of amazing how many responses I've gotten jumping on board the anti-boycott cause. Not unexpected, but most were thru PM for fear of the Pirates retaliating (their version of the Indians). It's sort of ironic that the same players claiming they're doing this "for the people" are being undermined by the same people because of how they've poisoned the forums.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41890-The-Problem-With-The-Boycott

Dipstik
11-14-2012, 03:53 PM
I wish I could "anti boycott," but that would involve spending money on this game.

mxz
11-14-2012, 03:56 PM
I wish I could "anti boycott," but that would involve spending money on this game.Oh trust me, I'm taking a page out of your book on this one... :)

Ramshutu
11-14-2012, 04:04 PM
I started an anti-boycotter thread over there because the threads had engulfed all the others that could be helpful.

It's actually kind of amazing how many responses I've gotten jumping on board the anti-boycott cause. Not unexpected, but most were thru PM for fear of the Pirates retaliating (their version of the Indians). It's sort of ironic that the same players claiming they're doing this "for the people" are being undermined by the same people because of how they've poisoned the forums.

This. Seriously, there are some good mouthpeices for the boycott there, but regardless of how valid a point they're making, PJ just sounds like he's an angry teenager whose been grounded in every single thread.

Paulio
11-14-2012, 04:07 PM
mxz, there's only one boycott thread in the CC forum - this one. Threads like these may or may not alienate new lurkers, but hopefully this all can be contained in a single thread and will only be temporary.

Sam, the reason for a boycott has already been stated - to improve gameplay. If people don't know why there is a boycott, then let's make them aware. Here's a list of concerns posted by BigDawg regarding MW. They're essentially the same problems we experience in CC:

1. Make all boosts visible

2. Splash screens for all events and promotions be visible to all players. Not everyone uses forum and sometimes no one even knows when these events are occurring. Furthermore, Stop targeting specific accounts with splash screens to whom you feel are more prone to buy. Visibility to all players.

3. Leaderboard visible for all events at all times. The leaderboard must stay visible for the entire duration of an event and final leaderboard stay posted after the event ends. Stop freezing it to stimulate further spending.

4. In-game support people who understand the games and are willing to provide real solutions. No more scripted answers of "its being looked into" or "we don't see an issue". Those are not solutions, those are evasive, non-helpful answers. We wouldn't send tickets if there weren't a problem. We know the problems... Just fix them when a ticket is submitted.

5. Forum moderators who will not tolerate abusive language towards other players. Moderators that are willing to answer questions directed to them in threads. This "I will reply if i feel like it" is worthless. All of this PM me your issue, is nonsense garbage. If you weren't ashamed of your response, then you would make it visible to all. Be helpful!

6. Eliminate all hackers and acknowledge when hackers have been removed from game. Hackers have no rights so letting us players know when they have been dealt with is only fair to your true customers.

7. Provide new content for all players on a routine basis: new buildings, cash units, valor units, maps, mission goals, etc. New content and events should not always involve gold purchases....Stop it.

8. Remove "No causality glitch" players. Why should they get free indestructible armies when the rest us have to pay for it? They shouldn't. Don't tell us there is no glitch. We know it exists.

Tomatoneverdie
11-14-2012, 04:25 PM
This proposed boycott is for a good cause, but it won't work. Once people realized they can get the stat boost cheap(er), they will jump right back in. I don't spend enough to even boycott Gree....

Harry Tuttle
11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
I started an anti-boycotter thread over there because the threads had engulfed all the others that could be helpful.

The forums have been poisoned by lies and empty promises, and they didn't come from the player base.

RigaTony
11-14-2012, 04:37 PM
The forums have been poisoned by lies and empty promises, and they didn't come from the player base.

Edit: they didn't ALL come from the player base. I know a certain someone who has been lying about his merry festive identity for quite some time now. I feel violated.

Harry Tuttle
11-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Edit: they didn't ALL come from the player base. I know a certain someone who has been lying about his merry festive identity for quite some time now. I feel violated.

I'm sure nobody has any idea what you mean ;) lol (cue the reindeer)

Dravak
11-14-2012, 05:34 PM

I will leave you this wisdom call it mad or call it genius , but the reason I choose CC over MW , while am a military freak , and can easily afford a golden army .
was simply put cause in CC only thing you have to deal with is standing REDS ...
Doesn't matter if you can afford the fee or money spending or the bullying , this game is light on P2W ...
nobody is ransacking your base , nobody is taking over your money when you quit ...
You cannot lose anything but ego here , while for Americans and a lot of people EGO is the most important thing on this planet , since they have nothing but hot air .

In CC you can be whatever you want if you can overcome the flaw , sorry while PJ goal is noble ...
and he was on the right track . No lawsuit sue or claim will be beneficial for anybody else them him and the top spenders , and trust me I can easily contact apple for a number of reason with enough proof ..
But I choose not to , it is my price of experience , and I can afford it .
Call me dumb or stupid , but it's the way world works , sorry like Sam said make a decent plan or execution .
then call for a boycott , without a plan or execution everything Paulio said while honest and good intentions ..

WILL NOT WORK , cause humanity don't give a crap about unknown people , who cannot stick to there word ...
That is nowadays 95% of western population :p ..
Who the heck cares if high spenders quit infact they rejoice and celebrate at it ... Faster they quit , the beter the game .
sorry boycotting is stupid , keep honor and selfesteem to yourself and just delete and move on .
Consider it the price of education , like all things in life .
if you want to cause a RIOT do it with blood sweat and tears , nothing else matters , make people quit !
then you make a impact !

Dravak
11-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Sam start the freaking donation for charity :p ... I got money to burn !
F them this is the pit this event lmao

mxz
11-14-2012, 09:08 PM
mxz, there's only one boycott thread in the CC forum - this one. Threads like these may or may not alienate new lurkers, but hopefully this all can be contained in a single thread and will only be temporary.That's basically all I ask for. And I'm proud of CC for keeping it manageable. A few of the MW boycotters are just unreasonable.

I think this is the first in-game politics type of thing I've been involved in - and I actually agree with their suggestions (I don't think anyone disagrees); however their approach was completely domineering which they fail to see as a problem. Call it selfishness on their part or a singular focus, but I fear they've misplaced their reasons for joining the forums in the first place.

Jian Carlo
11-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Well looking at the leader board in this really crap event we now know Sam isn't joining any boycott.

A shame that we can't find someone who can unite the forum and the big spenders.

A foolish dream on my part perhaps for thinking we could do something constructive and give the forum a real purpose.

Dipstik
11-15-2012, 06:29 AM
If sam quit spending today, no one would notice. I don't think anyone involved in this boycott really understands the scope of Gree's player base or income.

Jian Carlo
11-15-2012, 06:58 AM
If sam quit spending today, no one would notice. I don't think anyone involved in this boycott really understands the scope of Gree's player base or income.

Wise words Dip, I believe you are correct ......

Labradorite
11-15-2012, 08:59 AM
I breifly browsed Ferr's post on MW. He was the biggest spender there. After he realized it was a mistake, he wants no one to play the game. Their demands from Gree is just a tool to motivate people to boycott the game.

I admit their points are valid, but all things considered, I'll give Gree an "A-" rating, instead of an "A". They're still doing a good job in my eyes.

I'm sorry for Ferr's lack of self-control and over spent, but using his fellow gangsters to hijack the forum and boycott the game is insane.

Gree doesn't force anyone to buy gold. He should admit he's the biggest loser in MW and just quit and leave. Don't make everyone in MW forum become whiners and act as jerks. Not pretty.

Harry Tuttle
11-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Well that's settled then. Someone spent a lot of money so therefore none of the problems actually exist.

mxz
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Well that's settled then. Someone spent a lot of money so therefore none of the problems actually exist.I don't understand what your guys' obsession with trying to paint anti-boycotters as people who don't understand that there are problems with Gree games - especially when it's been made perfectly clear this is not the case. Our issue with you has been and still is your insistence in bulldozing the forum with your propaganda with the stated intention of trying to get everyone to quit. And over some stupid unit that only a handful of people have whose boost allegedly doesn't work.

Sorry, but its tough to relate to a couple of guys complaining about how their Lamborghini's air conditioning doesn't go down to 58 degrees and trying to form a blockade so that no one can drive because of it.

Keep crying about your boost. You will lose this boycott and those of us who only aspire for a less hostile forum will silently rejoice in your loss. Not because we don't think things are broken, but because we care more about the forum then the boost for a unit we don't have.

Deluxe
11-15-2012, 11:03 AM
I breifly browsed Ferr's post on MW. He was the biggest spender there. After he realized it was a mistake, he wants no one to play the game. Their demands from Gree is just a tool to motivate people to boycott the game.

I admit their points are valid, but all things considered, I'll give Gree an "A-" rating, instead of an "A". They're still doing a good job in my eyes.

I'm sorry for Ferr's lack of self-control and over spent, but using his fellow gangsters to hijack the forum and boycott the game is insane.

Gree doesn't force anyone to buy gold. He should admit he's the biggest loser in MW and just quit and leave. Don't make everyone in MW forum become whiners and act as jerks. Not pretty.

When youre done with them, can i borrow your glasses with the rose colored lenses please?

Labradorite
11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
When youre done with them, can i borrow your glasses with the rose colored lenses please?

Sure, my glasses with the rose colored lenses are special.
They can tell the differences between "hopes" and "wishful thinkings." :)

Harry Tuttle
11-15-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't understand what your guys' obsession with trying to paint anti-boycotters as people who don't understand that there are problems with Gree games - especially when it's been made perfectly clear this is not the case. Our issue with you has been and still is your insistence in bulldozing the forum with your propaganda with the stated intention of trying to get everyone to quit. And over some stupid unit that only a handful of people have whose boost allegedly doesn't work.

Sorry, but its tough to relate to a couple of guys complaining about how their Lamborghini's air conditioning doesn't go down to 58 degrees and trying to form a blockade so that no one can drive because of it.

Keep crying about your boost. You will lose this boycott and those of us who only aspire for a less hostile forum will silently rejoice in your loss. Not because we don't think things are broken, but because we care more about the forum then the boost for a unit we don't have.

You obviously DON'T understand, mxz, I couldn't care less about a boost that I'll never see. What bothers me is the arrogance, lies, and empty promises. I also think it's not fair for the players who don't use the forums who are clueless about how they are being played by Gree. I think this whole attitude speaks volumes about the lack of respect that Gree has for their customers. "Shut up and open your wallet" should be the company motto. The boycott has already won some things for you. Oh yeah they were already in the works. If the boycott dies it'll be because of people who are so invested in their games that they can't bring themselves to imagine the possibility that they're being played. Keep hoping guys, it'll all be great in the end. Hoping and trusting has worked just great up until now, right?

Dipstik
11-15-2012, 06:37 PM
You obviously DON'T understand, mxz, I couldn't care less about a boost that I'll never see. What bothers me is the arrogance, lies, and empty promises. I also think it's not fair for the players who don't use the forums who are clueless about how they are being played by Gree. I think this whole attitude speaks volumes about the lack of respect that Gree has for their customers. "Shut up and open your wallet" should be the company motto. The boycott has already won some things for you. Oh yeah they were already in the works. If the boycott dies it'll be because of people who are so invested in their games that they can't bring themselves to imagine the possibility that they're being played. Keep hoping guys, it'll all be great in the end. Hoping and trusting has worked just great up until now, right?

I don't even hope or trust. I just take the game as it is.

Nicky the Nose
11-15-2012, 06:48 PM

I have to say I think this is spot on. We that want the boycott don't want people to stop playing CC, or MW we want Gree to fix discrepancies in game play and make thinks work as stated. We or at least I want CC to grow and more people to play, and I honestly believe Gree will make more money if things worked as stated. If someone thinks we are doing this for some personal gain they truly do not understand. We won't bring Gree to its knees, we know that. What we will do is bring the department head of CC to wake up. Gree will be fine but someone is responsible for CC and that person will see income drop and that puts their head on the chopping block. Problems don't go away by ignoring them they bring more problems.

mxz
11-15-2012, 07:10 PM
I don't even hope or trust. I just take the game as it is.Probably the wisest thing said in this thread, yet.

nopenopenope
11-15-2012, 07:35 PM

Seconded.

Probably the wisest thing said in this thread, yet.

I wouldn't go that far, Wisers Buy Geysers...its a chip chip chip in a dip dip dip.....stick!

<3 dippy :)

Tomatoneverdie
11-15-2012, 07:58 PM

Honestly, I thought you are just a jerk, apparently I'm wrong, you are a wise jerk, haha....

nopenopenope
11-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Honestly, I thought you are just a jerk, apparently I'm wrong, you are a wise jerk, haha....

Jerks are for jerkin, right across from Bjergen Kjargen, from Kneurgen, near the Bjoergen Fjords

Nicky the Nose
11-16-2012, 12:50 AM

Even a blind dog gets a bone every now and then

Ramshutu
11-16-2012, 01:03 AM

Sorry, but this isn't 1992 and your not playing duck hunt on the NES.

Some games that are a one off investment can be taken as they are. Progressive online games like this one tend to build the expectation of engagement, especially when community forums such as this exist for the company to provide another way of interacting.

If there were no forums, I would agree. However, a big reason they exist is to manage expectations and generally smooth the player bases feelings when issues arise. They do not exist out of the goodness of grees heart.

The problem is that patch or random official interaction with a community like this is worse than nothing at all due to resentment and speculation that breed like dipstick when you get him wet or feed him after midnight.

I can deal with game issues. They happen. The issue is that the powers that be have decided that community engagement is allow priority. That only serves to alienate people, even if the bugs were small and non serious.

This is my issue 99.999% of issues here would be non issues if the communication was less random and more detailed.

Case in point: add me Monday. It winds people up that it starts on Tuesday and lasts a week. It would be better if it didn't happen after all., as all it is doing is giving the impression that the community isn't important.

Dipstik
11-16-2012, 05:22 AM
Sorry, but this isn't 1992 and your not playing duck hunt on the NES.

I stopped reading here... The rest was TL;dr. This is now a duck hunt thread! I... LOVE... DUCK HUNT!

mxz
11-16-2012, 05:40 AM
Ram, while I agree for the most part with you, no where did I accept a TOS that said I'd get detailed information from the company that makes the game. It's fine that some people want to take something like lack of communication (that was never guaranteed) and call everyone to arms, but when it gets to the point that their daily focus is trying to prevent people from playing a free game? Something's gone haywire. And I'm guessing some of these people have jobs, families, or other responsibilities. That's a frightening thought.

Anyway, call me a realist but anyone that wants to prevent someone else from being freely entertained probably isn't a great leader. They'll fail for many reasons, but the inability to present their case in a constructive and organized manner is probably the leading cause.

Ramshutu
11-16-2012, 06:01 AM
Ram, while I agree for the most part with you, no where did I accept a TOS that said I'd get detailed information from the company that makes the game. It's fine that some people want to take something like lack of communication (that was never guaranteed) and call everyone to arms, but when it gets to the point that their daily focus is trying to prevent people from playing a free game? Something's gone haywire. And I'm guessing some of these people have jobs, families, or other responsibilities. That's a frightening thought.

Anyway, call me a realist but anyone that wants to prevent someone else from being freely entertained probably isn't a great leader. They'll fail for many reasons, but the inability to present their case in a constructive and organized manner is probably the leading cause.

By detailed information, I mean more detailed than currently where it is 'we're looking into it' and then 'done'.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 06:16 AM
I understand that some disagree with the boycott and I respect their choice. As one of the boycotters I want to set the record straight for some that are still confused. I have not once told anyone to stop playing the games. My boycott is buying gold/gems. I still play but I play for free now. I simply am spreading a message that encourages the uniformed to become informed. Whether some want to admit it or not there are serious issues when people pay real money for an advertised in-game product that does not function as advertised. I guarantee there are 1000s upon 1000s of people with these invisible boost items that they PAID for and we KNOW that they do not work. On top of that, if they are not a forum member, they have no clue they spent money on something that doesn't work. Therefore, I want them to know so they do not make same mistake twice!

Obviously, none of this applies to free players as you have no stake in the fire. If you are a free player and sick of seeing these posts and threads then all I can do is say I'm sorry. However, there are some that say they represent the 99% of the people in game. Well how in the world can anyone make that statement!?! How does this individual know how MILLIONS of other people feel?? Well guess what he doesn't. He doesn't like our cause so he lashes out and bashes us personally to bolster his own ego. Why don't you let the millions you decided to speak for on their behalf without their consent or knowledge hear our message and let them decide for themselves how they feel about it! Stop speaking for the masses...as there is no possible way for you to know how they feel!

mxz
11-16-2012, 06:22 AM
I understand that some disagree with the boycott and I respect their choice. As one of the boycotters I want to set the record straight for some that are still confused. I have not once told anyone to stop playing the games. My boycott is buying gold/gems. I still play but I play for free now. I simply am spreading a message that encourages the uniformed to become informed. Whether some want to admit it or not there are serious issues when people pay real money for an advertised in-game product that does not function as advertised. I guarantee there are 1000s upon 1000s of people with these invisible boost items that they PAID for and we KNOW that they do not work. On top of that, if they are not a forum member, they have no clue they spent money on something that doesn't work. Therefore, I want them to know so they do not make same mistake twice!

Obviously, none of this applies to free players as you have no stake in the fire. If you are a free player and sick of seeing these posts and threads then all I can do is say I'm sorry. However, there are some that say they represent the 99% of the people in game. Well how in the world can anyone make that statement!! How does this individual know how MILLIONS of other people feel?? Well guess what he doesn't. He doesn't like our cause so he lashes out and bashes us personally to bolster his own ego. Why don't you let the millions you decided to speak for on their behalf without their consent or knowledge hear our message and let them decide for themselves how they feel about it! Stop speaking for the masses...as there is now possible way for you to know how they feel!This isn't the MW side, you don't have any political capital to spend - you might want to take it down a notch. I'm a big boy and not easily offended by such criticism, but some over here aren't as tolerant of new folks with less than a month under their belt coming in and acting tough. Anyway, just a tip, take it or leave it.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 06:27 AM
This isn't the MW side, you don't have any political capital to spend - you might want to take it down a notch. I'm a big boy and not easily offended by such criticism, but some over here aren't as tolerant of new folks with less than a month under their belt coming in and acting tough. Anyway, just a tip, take it or leave it.

As I said, I'm not here to earn yours or anyone else's respect. Glad that YOU saw my post.

Ramshutu
11-16-2012, 06:30 AM

Obviously, none of this applies to free players as you have no stake in the fire. If you are a free player and sick of seeing these posts and threads then all I can do is say I'm sorry. However, there are some that say they represent the 99% of the people in game. Well how in the world can anyone make that statement!! How does this individual know how MILLIONS of other people feel?? Well guess what he doesn't. He doesn't like our cause so he lashes out and bashes us personally to bolster his own ego. Why don't you let the millions you decided to speak for on their behalf without their consent or knowledge hear our message and let them decide for themselves how they feel about it! Stop speaking for the masses...as there is now possible way for you to know how they feel!

Firstly, you and I must have a very, very different idea of what 'lashing out' means. Although I may well have missed something...

Secondly there is a different between cogent dissuasion, rational discourse and verbal graffiti.

When it comes down to it, I think that you, the 'some people' you are talking about, myself, and a significant number of other people on the forums actually hold the same opinion on the justification and reasnoning of the boycott, and the need for it in the first ace.

The problem is, that what I can euphemistically call the current 'level of discourse' is making people that agree not want to listen to it any longer. If you are under the impression that this tone is going to actually increase your chances of achieving any of the stated aims, over a more systematic and rational approach then you probably need to take a step back.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 06:39 AM
Firstly, you and I must have a very, very different idea of what 'lashing out' means. Although I may well have missed something...

Secondly there is a different between cogent dissuasion, rational discourse and verbal graffiti.

When it comes down to it, I think that you, the 'some people' you are talking about, myself, and a significant number of other people on the forums actually hold the same opinion on the justification and reasnoning of the boycott, and the need for it in the first ace.

The problem is, that what I can euphemistically call the current 'level of discourse' is making people that agree not want to listen to it any longer. If you are under the impression that this tone is going to actually increase your chances of achieving any of the stated aims, over a more systematic and rational approach then you probably need to take a step back.

The lashing out occurred on the MW side by one of your CC guys when he decided to bash me personally for having an opinion. Using vulgar language, is not an appropriate means of intelligent conversation. As I stated before, you can agree with me or not ..it is entirely a personal choice.

If I seemed abrupt or abrasive, then I apologize as it was not directed at you are even 99% of the people in CC.

Ramshutu
11-16-2012, 06:48 AM
The lashing out occurred on the MW side by one of your CC guys when he decided to bash me personally for having an opinion. Using vulgar language, is not an appropriate means of intelligent conversation. As I stated before, you can agree with me or not ..it is entirely a personal choice.

If I seemed abrupt or abrasive, then I apologize as it was not directed at you are even 99% of the people in CC.

Ah, I saw that now. To be honest this is all pretty emotive (queue that escalated quickly meme). The problem is at the moment, is that a significant number (although not necessarily a majority) of posts are starting to cross the line from 'wronged crusader' to 'Angry troll'. Which is the point at which most people, especially those you are trying to get through to, turn off.

As I said, I agree with you, but the way things are looking at this time, the primary enduring feature I suspect many people will take away from the forums is not 'wow, this game is really broken' but 'wow, this forum is full of douchebags'.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Ah, I saw that now. To be honest this is all pretty emotive (queue that escalated quickly meme). The problem is at the moment, is that a significant number (although not necessarily a majority) of posts are starting to cross the line from 'wronged crusader' to 'Angry troll'. Which is the point at which most people, especially those you are trying to get through to, turn off.

As I said, I agree with you, but the way things are looking at this time, the primary enduring feature I suspect many people will take away from the forums is not 'wow, this game is really broken' but 'wow, this forum is full of douchebags'.

I understand completely. The initial boycott posts were intended to be exactly that... Informative. However , those that oppose our efforts decided to ridicule and/or belittle us on a personal level to make a name for themselves.

It is what it is. I will stop trying to defend my position to those that don't matter anyways. From here on out I will simply dismiss the ramblings and continue to spread my message in a more positive way. Thanks Ram.

Dipstik
11-16-2012, 07:03 AM
your boycott sucks, and all of you are stupid for attempting it. Take your whiny crap back to the MW forums and continue talking about toy soldiers. Later, noob.

sez
11-16-2012, 07:06 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/dumb-people-stupid-11.jpg

mxz
11-16-2012, 07:08 AM
I understand completely. The initial boycott posts were intended to be exactly that... Informative. However , those that oppose our efforts decided to ridicule and/or belittle us on a personal level to make a name for themselves. You think me calling out you guys for the way you handled yourselves throughout the boycott was me trying to make a name for myself? Look in the mirror. Some of us don't need or want a name. You want to spam the forum with boycott threads? That's fine, but don't call it a personal attack because you can't handle your "name" being tarnished by someone trying to reel you back to earth.

There are plenty of ways to constructively get things changed. A few folks have done it and been very successful - and at no time did they spam the boards or be dbags about the cause. They conducted their business in private without disrupting those that didn't care.

You want something changed? Learn from the folks that have been successful.

Ramshutu
11-16-2012, 07:08 AM
your boycott sucks, and all of you are stupid for attempting it. Take your whiny crap back to the MW forums and continue talking about toy soldiers. Later, noob.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxfuu4GnEX1r81zato1_500.jpg

Harry Tuttle
11-16-2012, 07:09 AM
I know you're saying "why spend money? Don't take it seriously" but I'm using your quote anyway :)

Probably the wisest thing said in this thread, yet.

This is a depressing thought. If we were talking about "Bejeweled" or some such, yes it'd be ridiculous to take it so seriously. We're not though. People pay real money, repeatedly, on a regular basis in these games. Have we as consumers become so complacent that when a retailer fails to deliver what was paid for, it's considered to be a good idea to just ignore that fact, go on with life, and give that retailer more money for another product that they won't deliver as advertised either? If we were talking about a car salesman or clothing store or supermarket, this conversation would have been over almost before it started, with very little dissent. No consumer should have to independently verify that they have received what was advertised and what they paid for, nor should they have to repeatedly request delivery for goods that have been paid for. If I buy a couch to be delivered tomorrow and next week it still hasn't arrived, I want my money back and that retailer will never get my business again.

I have never said that my goal is to stop anyone from playing, nor that anyone should not voice their opinion. All I'm saying is that Gree has repeatedly failed to deliver what was paid for, in a timely manner, and lied about their knowledge of whether that product was delivered as advertised. This is evidence of their arrogance and contempt for their consumers. Until this attitude on their part changes, it's my opinion that it's foolish to give them any more money.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 07:10 AM

And you couldnt have stepped up and proven my point any better. Thank you Sir and have a nice day! LOL!

Dipstik
11-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Wow... he listened. I can't believe that worked!

Ramshutu
11-16-2012, 07:16 AM
I understand completely. The initial boycott posts were intended to be exactly that... Informative. However , those that oppose our efforts decided to ridicule and/or belittle us on a personal level to make a name for themselves.

It is what it is. I will stop trying to defend my position to those that don't matter anyways. From here on out I will simply dismiss the ramblings and continue to spread my message in a more positive way. Thanks Ram.

It's not about being positive or negative, it's about not sounding like you are just angrily ranting. The Internet has a lot of that, and no one really listens to it.

BigD@wg
11-16-2012, 07:18 AM
You think me calling out you guys for the way you handled yourselves throughout the boycott was me trying to make a name for myself? Look in the mirror. Some of us don't need or want a name. You want to spam the forum with boycott threads? That's fine, but don't call it a personal attack because you can't handle your "name" being tarnished by someone trying to reel you back to earth.

There are plenty of ways to constructively get things changed. A few folks have done it and been very successful - and at no time did they spam the boards or be dbags about the cause. They conducted their business in private without disrupting those that didn't care.

You want something changed? Learn from the folks that have been successful.

If you can't believe or understand that some people actually do have altruistic qualities then I truly feel sorry for you. Since none of this applied to you, you should have left it alone and went on about your merry way. I never forced you to read any of my posts. You chose to do so and then decided to react with hostility and verbally attack.

I will step away and be the bigger man. Have a good day Sir.

Harry Tuttle
11-16-2012, 07:22 AM
It's not about being positive or negative, it's about not sounding like you are just angrily ranting. The Internet has a lot of that, and no one really listens to it.

Really? People rant on the internet? Where? Is there a site for that? rant.com? lol

Dipstik
11-16-2012, 07:24 AM
If you can't believe or understand that some people actually do have altruistic qualities then I truly feel sorry for you. Since none of this applied to you, you should have left it alone and went on about your merry way. I never forced you to read any of my posts. You chose to do so and then decided to react with hostility and verbally attack.

I will step away and be the bigger man. Have a good day Sir.

So you admit, you lied when you said you were leaving before... How are we supposed to believe you're leaving NOW? GTFO, troll!

Ramshutu
11-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Really? People rant on the internet? Where? Is there a site for that? rant.com? lol

People rant. Not very many people listen.

sez
11-16-2012, 07:47 AM
So you admit, you lied when you said you were leaving before... How are we supposed to believe you're leaving NOW? GTFO, troll!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/dipstick.png

Dipstik
11-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Actually I propose a thought experiment:

First, pick a rant... any rant. How about "BigD@wg is a tool, and he should take his boycott crap back to the MW forums"

Second, rant about it online somewhere. Anywhere. It doesn't matter if it's on-topic or not.

Third, rant about it in real life somewhere. Write a letter to the editor, buy a TV commercial, stand in the park and shout. Do whatever you want.

Finally, try to figure out how many people heard, listened, and cared enough to form an opinion on your rant. I bet it's much higher online :)

sez
11-16-2012, 08:35 AM
There comes a time when we heed a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
And it's time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all

We can't go on pretending day by day
That someone, somewhere will soon make a change
We all are a part of God's great big family
And the truth, you know,
Love is all we need

[Chorus:]
We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true we'll make a better day
Just you and me

Send them your heart so they'll know that someone cares
And their lives will be stronger and free
As God has shown us by turning stone to bread
So we all must lend a helping hand

[Chorus]

When you're down and out, there seems no hope at all
But if you just believe there's no way we can fall
Well...well...well
Let's realize that a change can only come
When we stand together as one

[Chorus]

mxz
11-16-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm starting to understand why Dippy and Burn enjoy stirring the pot. Watching people get so bent out of shape when they're being called out for being dbags is amusing.

Paulio
11-16-2012, 10:04 AM
mxz, you know I respect you. But I gotta say, it kinda sucks that you were the guy that started the path to derailing this thread. Very uncharacteristic of you. Not cool bro.

Ragmondino
11-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Well looking at the leader board in this really crap event we now know Sam isn't joining any boycott.

A shame that we can't find someone who can unite the forum and the big spenders.

A foolish dream on my part perhaps for thinking we could do something constructive and give the forum a real purpose.

He doesn't have as many as he normally would and also he may of had gold sitting there in his account. A lot of the big spenders do. If he has it anyway why not spend it? If its left unused its an evan bigger win for gree

Dipstik
11-16-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm starting to understand why Dippy and Burn enjoy stirring the pot. Watching people get so bent out of shape when they're being called out for being dbags is amusing.

Welcome to the dark side! We have popcorn.

dudeman
11-16-2012, 10:51 AM
I know you're saying "why spend money? Don't take it seriously" but I'm using your quote anyway :)

This is a depressing thought. If we were talking about "Bejeweled" or some such, yes it'd be ridiculous to take it so seriously. We're not though. People pay real money, repeatedly, on a regular basis in these games. Have we as consumers become so complacent that when a retailer fails to deliver what was paid for, it's considered to be a good idea to just ignore that fact, go on with life, and give that retailer more money for another product that they won't deliver as advertised either? If we were talking about a car salesman or clothing store or supermarket, this conversation would have been over almost before it started, with very little dissent. No consumer should have to independently verify that they have received what was advertised and what they paid for, nor should they have to repeatedly request delivery for goods that have been paid for. If I buy a couch to be delivered tomorrow and next week it still hasn't arrived, I want my money back and that retailer will never get my business again.

I have never said that my goal is to stop anyone from playing, nor that anyone should not voice their opinion. All I'm saying is that Gree has repeatedly failed to deliver what was paid for, in a timely manner, and lied about their knowledge of whether that product was delivered as advertised. This is evidence of their arrogance and contempt for their consumers. Until this attitude on their part changes, it's my opinion that it's foolish to give them any more money.

I think Gree doesn't actually perceive their actions as "failing to deliver". There are only two things you can "buy" in this game, and both of those things are in-game currencies. When a purchase is made the funds are instantly added to your account. If they're not, you send in a ticket and support does it manually. Regardless, you always get exactly what you paid for.

I think if someone is buying gold and it's not increasing their level of enjoyment, or they are often disappointed with the outcome after spending the gold, it's up to that person to decide "product quality does not meet expectations" and stop spending.

You don't need a boycott for that. You just have to snap out of it and realize that spending on gold is not what you expected. Spending is perfectly fine if the gold does make you happy and you have the money to spend, but the only thing you're promised in exchange is game currency. How you use it is up to you, but if you're disappointed when it's all gone and you keep buying more, you lose, Gree wins. You know what they say about fools and money.

nopenopenope
11-16-2012, 11:13 AM

Welcome to the dark side! We have popcorn.

I've got a popcorn maker for us to enjoy! Newcomers welcome upon a Hep test.

Al Murkya
11-16-2012, 03:21 PM
I think Gree doesn't actually perceive their actions as "failing to deliver". There are only two things you can "buy" in this game, and both of those things are in-game currencies. When a purchase is made the funds are instantly added to your account. If they're not, you send in a ticket and support does it manually. Regardless, you always get exactly what you paid for.

I think if someone is buying gold and it's not increasing their level of enjoyment, or they are often disappointed with the outcome after spending the gold, it's up to that person to decide "product quality does not meet expectations" and stop spending.

You don't need a boycott for that. You just have to snap out of it and realize that spending on gold is not what you expected. Spending is perfectly fine if the gold does make you happy and you have the money to spend, but the only thing you're promised in exchange is game currency. How you use it is up to you, but if you're disappointed when it's all gone and you keep buying more, you lose, Gree wins. You know what they say about fools and money.

Bravo dudeman, bravo.

As an anti-boycott thread creation activist, I believe you delivered the hammer to the head of the nail. Well. Spoken.

Nicky the Nose
11-16-2012, 03:41 PM

This is a point I hadn't thought of, excellent argument dudeman

Ramshutu
11-16-2012, 03:48 PM

While there is an element of truth, the most significant complaint from the MW guys, is that a unit that is advertised as having xxx boost, doesn't appear to have the boost. There are a significant number of units where this occurrs.

In their defence, they're not really complaining that they are not getting what they hoped, but have spent gold to get an item with a boost, and the boost does not work. Asside from this, I haven't heard much about people complaining about 'what gold buys' at all. The failings are otherwise non-purchase related.

Saying 'they spent gold and weren't happy so shouldn't complain' is a bit disingenuous as a result, it's not really the point of the boycott.

dudeman
11-16-2012, 04:02 PM
While there is an element of truth, the most significant complaint from the MW guys, is that a unit that is advertised as having xxx boost, doesn't appear to have the boost. There are a significant number of units where this occurrs.

In their defence, they're not really complaining that they are not getting what they hoped, but have spent gold to get an item with a boost, and the boost does not work. Asside from this, I haven't heard much about people complaining about 'what gold buys' at all. The failings are otherwise non-purchase related.

Saying 'they spent gold and weren't happy so shouldn't complain' is a bit disingenuous as a result, it's not really the point of the boycott.

So in summary of the entire long-winded boycott movement, spenders and non-spenders alike are encouraging everyone to stop spending so that ex-Funzio/GREE will change the way they have been operating for well over a year.

I have two words for that. Not. Happening.

This is where the argument of product quality comes in. If its not there, don't spend! That doesn't mean Gree games aren't fun to play, but if they're broken or don't work as advertised then why continue to support that?

Ramshutu
11-16-2012, 04:04 PM
So in summary of the entire long-winded boycott movement, spenders and non-spenders alike are encouraging everyone to stop spending.... Snip ...This is where the argument of product quality comes in. If its not there, don't spend!

I think you have answered your own question (I know yours was a statement, but anyway....

Paulio
11-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Dudeman, the gold boycott wasn't just about not getting what you paid for. Not for me anyway. Everybody knows that this game wouldn't exist in its present state without the support of the gold spenders. So, if the big spenders took a collective stance to not purchase, then maybe, just maybe, Gree would meet demands.

In my opinion, the most important demands have nothing to do with gold - more RP items (incl. explosives), the results on cheater investigations, and most importantly, a dedicated and transparent forum moderator. This benefits everybody.

Unfortunately, there obviously isn't enough support for it to succeed. Many people complain about how the game is "broken" (sound familiar?). Yet, they aren't willing to actually DO anything about it. The MW people started the boycott. They made some mistakes, but it would still be a good opportunity to jump in support of it.

In the end, I'm happy with my stats and I rarely complain about the game. I'm in support of the boycott only because it has the potential to improve gameplay for everybody.

dudeman
11-16-2012, 04:13 PM
I think you have answered your own question (I know yours was a statement, but anyway....

I understand what you're saying and I agree with the reasons stated for the boycott 100%. I just don't see how a boycott will affect anything. By all means, go right ahead, I'm not anti-boycott, I just see it as a futile and pointless effort.

Ramshutu
11-16-2012, 04:17 PM
I understand what you're saying and I agree with the reasons stated for the boycott 100%. I just don't see how a boycott will affect anything. By all means, go right ahead, I'm not anti-boycott, I just see it as a futile and pointless effort.

I don't think it will achieve all the stated aims, I think the culture won't change, which may lead to other issues. However, i beleive boosts and some issues with leaderboars have actually been resolved. Whether you can claim that the reason they were resolved was the boycott, well that is arguable, but I'm sure it played a non-insignificant part.

When you have dozens of people, two of whome spend, probably $20k per month combined, it may have had some effect.

Deluxe
11-16-2012, 04:31 PM
I've got a popcorn maker for us to enjoy! Newcomers welcome upon a Hep test.

But i have TB

Ramshutu
11-16-2012, 04:34 PM
But i have TB

Tremendous boobies?

Deluxe
11-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Tremendous boobies?

Ha ha...well, i do work out... ;)

Tomatoneverdie
11-16-2012, 09:25 PM
But i have TB

Two Balls? Me 2!

mxz
11-17-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't think it will achieve all the stated aims, I think the culture won't change, which may lead to other issues. However, i beleive boosts and some issues with leaderboars have actually been resolved. Whether you can claim that the reason they were resolved was the boycott, well that is arguable, but I'm sure it played a non-insignificant part. I'm guessing they started alpha or betaing MW3.0 before the boycott started. They're not exactly a small agile company (anymore).