PDA

View Full Version : Casualty rate / glitch

Mcdoc
11-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I was going to respond in PJ's peasant thread but didn't want to hijack his thread so I figured this could be a topic of it's own . . . . .

There are people who never run out of valor units and maintain say 2000 superhornets and 1500 stealth frigate, 500 helis, 200 EADs. That is my experience. They just don't lose valor units

I have worked hard to find my threshold for losing units. For me it's all about rank / level. I'm currently level 177 & halfway through completing Colonel - so I look for Lieutenants (LT) & below in my Rivals list and can usually get around 60 to 95 BP per attack and know I'm safe from unit losses. If I hit up a Lt & get 105 or more BP - I am sure to lose a unit in 1 in 5 battles (recently TR or SH or Bombers) - so at 105 BP I will usually move on to another target. If I find someone putting out 130 or higher at the LT level - I start losing 1 to 3 units every single battle - which to me seems like I've got the "High Casualty" glitch.

Now if my rivals list shifts to players below 130 - then I can hit up a Major and get up to 115 BP before I will see any losses - so there again - if a Major starts putting out 125 BP - I know I will start losing units about 1 in 5 battles.

If I attack someone above level 160 and above Major - forget about it - I might get 180 to 260 BP - but I'm losing 3 to 5 units every single attack.

As far as others having the "No Casualty Glitch" - I've been lucky enough to not fall prey to those repeated attacks. I still think that my uber high Defense Skill Points make me a less tasty target than anyone else at my level. A I keep preaching - that invisible Razor Wire defense is so prickly like a porcupine that even if someone takes a bite out of you - their mouth is bleeding from all the spikes. I did have someone about a month ago tell me I was putting off about 350 BP but they were experiencing high casualty rates.

So back on the attack side - I can usually go 200 or more attacks without a loss with my careful attack strategy. However, recently I was going all out on some attacks and over the course of 2 days - had 3 unit losses - ALL 3 were Transport Raiders - and then I lost a 4th one in a lost raid - so 4 TR's in 4 losses - which they are supposed to have a "Low" casualty rate - and I still have over 800 SH's out of my 2000 units I take into battle - so I sent in a ticket to ask why the TR has a casualty rate that seems to be unusually high in this scenario and I got the same standard blow off message: "you must have just been extremely unlucky and these units appear to have been lost in normal play so they cannot be restored". I wrote V back and said "I'm calling BS on this one" and gave him the lowest possible score in every area on the feedback link I got after the ticket was closed.

So whether or not the "Casualty Glitch" can be proven - either me having a "High Casualty Glitch" or others having a "Low Casualty Glitch" - I have found my own work around system that I am comfortable with to virtually eliminate all casualties when I attack carefully chosen targets.

So the trick is - look for rank first with targets near your level - or higher rank when you are attacking people 40 levels below - but then the final test is to keep an eye on the BP given out with each attack - as for me - that is STRONGLY related to how the allusive casualty formula operates. And for your comparison notes - I only have 85 to Attack Skill points - so this isn't slanted with over 300 Attack like some others have done (I have instead stacked my defense points).

Please report back if you try my method and see different results. I already have the "McDoc method" for winning the 10 Crate events - would much rather have this helpful "McDoc method" to avoid casualties.

Good Luck!

Poopenshire
11-12-2012, 04:03 PM
I stoppes PVP back in august due to casualty rates. At that time i had to attack people with less than 900 total units or less than 10k def to keep from losing units. From what i see now that has been taken away too. People who found their own sweet spots are saying that all ranges are now high casualty. I know we will get the usuak response that nothing changed and its all made up like the glitch.

manbeast
11-12-2012, 04:10 PM
The glitch is real!! And I have made it easy for them by reporting a handful of them!! This is definitely one of the biggest problems in this game and they are just ignoring and denying it! At least ban the accounts that we report if you can't fix them. It's not fair

Gilgamesh
11-12-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm with you there Poop, i quit pvp, wasn't worth it on any scale. But that is an interesting thought from MC. I have never compared rank before an attack. Going to have to give it a try.

Mcdoc
11-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Finished my original posts now - lots more info :)

It did say "editing in progress . . . . . ."

Gambit12
11-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Finished my original posts now - lots more info :)

It did say "editing in progress . . . . . ."

Finally the king of the forum Superman Mcdoc comes out of his comfort zone. Happy Veterans Day to you Mcdoc! I salute you & thank you for your service..!

Agent Orange
11-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Interesting that you mention TR's as suddenly becoming more vulnerable. I have noticed exactly the same issue where losses of these units are much higher than SH's or lower value units. I would have to concur that something has been 'adjusted' in the PvP mechanic of the game pertaining to losses.

Just sent in a ticket to that effect.

Mcdoc
11-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Finally the king of the forum Superman Mcdoc comes out of his comfort zone. Happy Veterans Day to you Mcdoc! I salute you & thank you for your service..!

I appreciate the sentiment - but I step aside and reserve the title "King Of the Forum" for someone like JMC, JohnnyR, Maverick (the Lone Ranger) or even Agent Orange - those Guys have way more in-depth posts. Man I miss the days of Tramp Stamp and Chuck Norris.

Oh - and thanks for the Vets Day wish - I truly appreciate that! I did my 10 years as a Navy Corpsman - but I'm even more grateful to those still serving and those that paid the ultimate price and never came home so that we can enjoy the freedom to chat on a forum like this about such an insignificant game :).

Col.34w
11-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Great post Mcdoc. Nice to read about some MW strategy in here. I have noticed a higher loss of loot units around 50BP. I rarely lost units at that BP# before the likely causality increase but did at battles above 50bp. I mostly lost BW meat shields, but now mostly "low casuality" high end units. Unfortunately I don't see rivals on my list that are 40 below level 122 with 380 allies so I can't test that theory. My sweet spot is only 48BP, making Colonel is looking like a LONG way off.

Thief
11-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Thank you for this Mcdoc. This is a great read to keep the game moving forward for most!

albeezy
11-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Mcdizzle I must admit you made me chuckle when I read your post about how you can pick your targets so that you don't lose units during battles only to finish it with admitting to losing a transport raider during a lost raid! A LOST RAID! Lol. I have notice similar loss rates to yours as far as bps can be used to gauge it.

vaporeon
11-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Well, us Android users can't see or dont have battle points so we have no idea how to avoid this.

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Thats Crap.

The loss rate is influenced by the level of attack, defense, and overall level of who you are attacking.

When I attack a high level attack/defense level 200, I lose more than when I attack a wimpy 200 with 150 attack and 150 d.

Gambit12
11-12-2012, 07:10 PM
I wanna add something on this thread about casualty glitch, BPs, & valor. In my perspective, if you want higher BPs around 200 or more try to hit those Lv 7 or higher boost buildings from Lt, Mj, Col, or if you can beat a Gen or SpecOps that's even more BPs that you can get. It will help you increase your rank faster But you have a higher risk of casualty glitch at the same time. & if you want more valor try to PvP a Pv, Cpl, sgt, or a Lt for low casualty rate but BPs are low on those ranks like mcdoc & poopenshire mention earlier on their post...

vaporeon
11-12-2012, 08:13 PM
I wanna add something on this thread about casualty glitch, BPs, & valor. In my perspective, if you want higher BPs around 200 or more try to hit those Lv 7 or higher boost buildings from Lt, Mj, Col, or if you can beat a Gen or SpecOps that's even more BPs that you can get. It will help you increase your rank faster But you have a higher risk of casualty glitch at the same time. & if you want more valor try to PvP a Pv, Cpl, sgt, or a Lt for low casualty rate but BPs are low on those ranks like mcdoc & poopenshire mention earlier on their post...

I know what you're talking about. I attacked a boost building and lost 4 units from that single attack. Whats that about?

Agent Orange
11-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Boost buildings tend to take down our units probably because taking one out can do a lot of damage to your defence stats but who knows for sure and we have never really determined if defence buildings actually work or how their coverage works in terms of over lapping.

In terms of glitchers, the only way to effectively combat them is to overwhelm their incoming units with units that target their most valuable valour units. At my current level that means targeting Expert Attack Drones, Super Hornets, Elite Ops Helis, Stealth Frigates and Elite Water Cruisers.

Gambit12
11-12-2012, 08:32 PM
I know what you're talking about. I attacked a boost building and lost 4 units from that single attack. Whats that about?

Wow! I never had 4 casualty in one single attack. My highest was 3 but it happened to me once or twice. What level is your infirmary..? For me, I got stuck on Lv 3 infirmary for awhile now...

vaporeon
11-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Wow! I never had 4 casualty in one single attack. My highest was 3 but it happened to me once or twice. What level is your infirmary..? For me, I got stuck on Lv 3 infirmary for awhile now...

I have a level 4 Infirmary. I'm starting to think it does not work at all and 4 casualty is like standard in my attacks. By time I kill a building or a player, I lose 12 to 24 units.

manbeast
11-12-2012, 09:40 PM

i've had as many as 6!

my highest was 4
then i won the pvp tourny and got the BDF with claimed "20% casualty reduction". literally the day i got it my max casualties went from 4 to 5. UP 20% instead of DOWN 20%. i was infuriated. came to the forum and CCM never helped out
a week later i started getting 6 casualties per attack. stopped attacking for a couple months and now its back down to 4 i think. never attack strong players so i'm not sure.

i know for a fact the low casualty glitch is real though. i've been in long drawn out wars (2 weeks+) with at least 5 different glitchers. i'm cursed. the most obvious one started attacking me and he had 800 GIGN's. that was his whole attack force. he won 60% of the battles. he should have been losing 2-3 GIGN's per attack. but after 2 weeks he was up to 1100 GIGNs. luckily he got out of my lvl bracket and i never saw him again.

Giedrybe
11-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Good to see the thread about the game itself. Quite rare nowadays.

Forty9
11-13-2012, 02:04 AM
The 'glitch' is not Funzio's fault. If you are fighting an enemy that loses no units during battle then he is using a program to patch MW. Regardless of what you do you won't destroy his units. He can easily replace valour units.

Mcdoc
11-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Mcdizzle I must admit you made me chuckle when I read your post about how you can pick your targets so that you don't lose units during battles only to finish it with admitting to losing a transport raider during a lost raid! A LOST RAID! Lol. I have notice similar loss rates to yours as far as bps can be used to gauge it.

To clarify - I meant that someone raided or attacked me when I lost the 4th TR. I saw it in my news feed and was like "WTF?" - that was four lost units in a row (over the course of 2 days) but that's like 4 losses out of 200 attacks - but 4 of 4 units being TR's when they only represented 100 out of 2000 units brought into battle including over 800 remaining Super Hornets. It just doesn't mathematically or statistically add up - and my ticket was virtually ignored when I called them out on how ridiculous this was.

But nonetheless - my whole point with this thread is that I can choose to take out targets at my level that are a challenge but I can still beat and get 300 or more BP - and experience the high levels of 3 to 6 units lost per battle as many of you also report - OR - I can target Rivals that give of much lower BP and almost eliminate ALL casualty losses on my side.

My conclusion is that the BP formula used to determine how much BP you get (based on level & stats) is similar to the formula used to determine how many losses you will receive.

I just hope that my theory and experience will help some of you play the game with a little strategy adjustment to help cut down on losses and perhaps keep you enjoying the game longer.

mickymacirl
11-13-2012, 03:07 AM
In war you are gonna lose units, and MCDOC is right, if you do not want to lose units, choose who you hit very carefully but:

I am SICK of listening to people claim there are no issues around casualty rates for some players.

It's FACT that hacks are used to make a persons units NO CASUALTY, and its been like that for a very long time.

I have provided Gree with ample evidence of this, do they admit its existence? No.

mickymacirl
11-13-2012, 03:13 AM
The 'glitch' is not Funzio's fault. If you are fighting an enemy that loses no units during battle then he is using a program to patch MW. Regardless of what you do you won't destroy his units. He can easily replace valour units.

I'd disagree, its totally funzios fault that they are not at least keeping up with the modifications people are carrying out, they are relying on their player base to report and complain and then fix, this is not proactive in anyway.

Hivesy
11-13-2012, 05:23 AM
Hey McDoc, the old favourite 'sweetspot' debate :)

You have always favoured judging a target's potential by rank and BPs, very valid and obviously works well. I used to favour raw defense stats (not any more) and we've had various posts over the months debating the pros and cons. Both work.

The benefit of your way over mine was always that it's quicker and easier to look at rank and then BPs on the first hit of a target than it is to visit a target's base and then look at their stats. It's painfully slow and I could sometimes spend 10 minutes searching and then not find a target and just give up!

Recently however I've found that other factors are just as important in determining whether you lose units or not. Unfortunately I still don't have any definitive answers, I'm not sure anyone not privvy to the code ever could, but it may be worthwhile laying out the various factors so that players are at least aware of what affects unit losses and then hopefully we can all start pvp'ing again!

Just be aware that there are no short cuts here, if you want to reduce or eliminate casualties you will need to do some form of sense checking on potential targets, don't expect to be able to run down your list of rivals hitting 'attack' once on each and not lose stuff. That privelege is reserved for the all gold whales and the no cas glitchers (who are very real).

Rank - The first and most obvious indicator of how strong a target MIGHT be. Useful for quick decisions. The lower the rank the weaker they should be. This isn't always the case, when you get up in to the whale zone there are a couple of privates that have stats of nearly 100k but I think these guys are just enjoying setting a trap for unsuspecting attackers! Through lower levels the lower the rank the easier the target generally. If nothing else you know that any rank below a sergeant doesn't even own any valor units.

BP's - normally the next most obvious indicator. If you do enough attacks and follow McDoc's method to find your 'sweetspot' then you can afford to take the risk and do a single 'attack' if you can't be bothered going to their base. Then you are exposed for one attack only to losing units before you can make an educated decision whether to carry on and unload a 20 clip on them or not. This is accurate once you know your own personal levels of where your losses occur or not. However just be aware that the BP levels will change as you get stronger and level up and you will have to take a 'blind' shot before you know if it's safe or not.

Ally count - if you're not trying to hit targets to complete valor missions then a very obvious barometer of strength is a target's number of allies. The lower it is the weaker they will be. The weaker they are the less casualties you will have. This is normally a moot point for most of us however as attacking is usually a result of trying to complete those damn missions.

Country - a much less reliable indicator of anything meaningful but some people do take note. I know Sugarymama doesn't like to hit her own countrymen that's for sure :) I tend not to worry about which country someone is however any country that has a unit boost (UK, Russia, China, Germany) does have more potential to slip you up with a higher defense stat that the one you see. If you want to know what you're getting then target Iran and US.

Defensive buildings - pointless to monitor this too closely when attacking as any added stat is visible in the target's profile stats. However if you raid a lot there is a school of thought that buildings inside high defensive building's range cause more casualties so maybe monitor that. Personally I don't raid anymore so I've not gone in to this in any great detail. The one building to watch out for is the composites factory, a level 10 comp factory will add 20% on to the defensive stat you see in the victim's profile. Boost stats don't show. Bear that in mind.

Actual defense stats - this used to be the only thing I ever looked for. As with BPs if you do enough attacks you will eventually find your 'sweetspot', this is the level where stats above this cause you losses, stats below this will (usually) result in safety. As with all these indicators they really are indicators only. None of them should be relied upon 100% as we don't know what the real casualty formula is. The pain with looking at stats is that it is very time consuming to 'raid' a rival and then view their stats before you can even try to hit them. Then when you've trolled through 10 rivals to finally find a suitable victim and you find they are too weak to battle it does make the veins on your neck pop out slightly. Remember the stat that you see doesn't show your victim's true stats, all country, comp factory and unit boosts will be a nice surprise for you.

Number of units - it's amazing to me that as I progress through the levels I seem to be finding more and more rivals with small armies. Less than 1000 units. I wonder if more players are letting their cash and valor units die off to become 'all gold'? All gold is all gold whether it's 2000 units or 200 units, must be nice to never lose a unit :) Anyway, target these players. They wont care as they wont lose any units. Their defense stats may actually be higher than your pre-determined sweetspot dictates you should hit, but how many units your rival brings to the battlefield absolutely affects hugely the casualty rate you will have. I'm currently trying to get a formula that works for me, i.e unit count is <50% of mine = no casualties but this is still a work in progress.

I think that's it with regard to meaningful factors. The truth is I've swapped and changed which ones I think are most accurate or helpful when trying to eradicate unit losses when attacking. You can probably tell that currently I'm looking mainly at unit count. However they are all important, they all affect the outcome in some way.

I think the only way you minimise (not stop) unit losses is by slowing down a bit, taking the time to look at targets before you unload on them, and just think about the above factors. You are after all your army's general. Generals are meant to study the enemy's positions, plan attacks and strategise. Be a general!

Gambit12
11-13-2012, 05:37 AM
i've had as many as 6!

my highest was 4
then i won the pvp tourny and got the BDF with claimed "20% casualty reduction". literally the day i got it my max casualties went from 4 to 5. UP 20% instead of DOWN 20%. i was infuriated. came to the forum and CCM never helped out
a week later i started getting 6 casualties per attack. stopped attacking for a couple months and now its back down to 4 i think. never attack strong players so i'm not sure.

i know for a fact the low casualty glitch is real though. i've been in long drawn out wars (2 weeks+) with at least 5 different glitchers. i'm cursed. the most obvious one started attacking me and he had 800 GIGN's. that was his whole attack force. he won 60% of the battles. he should have been losing 2-3 GIGN's per attack. but after 2 weeks he was up to 1100 GIGNs. luckily he got out of my lvl bracket and i never saw him again.

Wow! That's alot manbeast for up to 6 casualty in a single attack. If you have a chance to attack the big boys again post a screenshots on that 6 casualty glitch, i wanna see what it looks like...

albeezy
11-13-2012, 05:51 AM
I like my version of the fourth lost TR better mcdoc!

Speed ump
11-13-2012, 06:15 AM
I even had an issue a while back.i was and have been all gold for a long time. I had replaced allies with mostly grunts, but this was an issue when I later wanted to drop down in ally count. I finally got them to remove my grunts, and replaced them with allies. I started losing very low level units on attacks and raids. These units did not actually play in units brought to battle, nor did they affect my stats in any way. Still I looked like a popcorn machine. I could lose twenty plus units turning the lights out on a base. At that time the highest valor u it's would play a little in my stats, I stopped buying those because I would lose them, even on guys with 10 k stats at lvl 100 and who were still privates. I have started and played many different games over the course of the last year. Not one has ever had the no loss glitch, I lose units very easily on everyone of them.

Maverick50727
11-13-2012, 08:01 AM
In war you are gonna lose units, and MCDOC is right, if you do not want to lose units, choose who you hit very carefully but:

I am SICK of listening to people claim there are no issues around casualty rates for some players.

It's FACT that hacks are used to make a persons units NO CASUALTY, and its been like that for a very long time.

I have provided Gree with ample evidence of this, do they admit its existence? No.

Agree, PM me please to discuss. Casualty can by many things including hacks and glithces. Would like to compare notes.

Maverick50727
11-13-2012, 08:03 AM
@McDoc, Give me a shout via PM too. Have a few questions for you regarding your losses. First what is the lowest units you are using now and your meatshields?

Mcdoc
11-13-2012, 09:23 AM
@Hivesy - with my method - I actually CAN & Do go through my Rivals list quickly & blindly attack people without Ever checking their stats or their buildings. That's kinda the whole point of this thread - to help people find a way to cut down their casualties. Of course for me - BP is my main indicator - and there is a trade off - Low BP for low casualty. I'm happy in the 75 to 95 BP range for now.

@Maverick - the only thing I'm buying right now is the Stealth Bomber and the Valor BP boat. Nothing else seems to affect my stats. Once the SB's are no longer effective - then I wonder what the heck I am going to spend my $$$ on :(

As of now - when I do RARELY lose a unit - it is mostly a SH (still have 859 of my original 900) or a B-52 Bomber (still got 259 of them). Of course I really feel the pain when I lose one of my precious TR's. I'm currently trying for an Orbital just to change up my top row of Attack units - but the TR's have helped me raise my stats by 30k over the past 2 months.

Mcdoc
11-13-2012, 09:33 AM
This ought to be deep enough in the thread to ask - what happened to WP? I knew he lost access to his WP account - but is he still lurkin around under an alias? I can't imagine he dropped the game & the forum cold turkey.

Corsair
11-13-2012, 11:36 AM
This ought to be deep enough in the thread to ask - what happened to WP? I knew he lost access to his WP account - but is he still lurkin around under an alias? I can't imagine he dropped the game & the forum cold turkey.I don't think he checks in here but I could be wrong...he occasionally checks in on the other forum, says he doesn't play much anymore...he's spending time on college and some other game that sounds like Farmville.

albeezy
11-13-2012, 12:02 PM
This ought to be deep enough in the thread to ask - what happened to WP? I knew he lost access to his WP account - but is he still lurkin around under an alias? I can't imagine he dropped the game & the forum cold turkey.
My guess is that he spent all his gold and after that he couldnt or wouldnt buy any and that took all the fun out of it? Hopefully hes chasing skirts at college!

mikebarth1955
11-13-2012, 12:04 PM
I always hit the raid button and check out the other person, looking for defense stats in the teens or lower, and preferably 1500 units or less, and Major or lower. Still, I've started taking more casualties. So I tried to combined my approach with the McDoc Method and hit a likely target ONCE and then look at the BP. I just hit two targets in the 150's, both majors and both fitting my preferences, but one of them churned out 72 BP and the other one churned out 92 BP. I tagged the 72 for 20 hits, but left the 92 after one hit because I lost a good unit.

I tried it with two other targets, and it looks like 72-ish is my sweet spot, and 85 and up is casualty city.

Keep those great ideas coming, McDoc! If I wasn't too old to be having more children, I'd name my next one after you.

Mcdoc
11-13-2012, 02:07 PM
. . . So I tried to combined my approach with the McDoc Method and hit a likely target ONCE and then look at the BP. I just hit two targets in the 150's, both majors and both fitting my preferences, but one of them churned out 72 BP and the other one churned out 92 BP. I tagged the 72 for 20 hits, but left the 92 after one hit because I lost a good unit.

I tried it with two other targets, and it looks like 72-ish is my sweet spot, and 85 and up is casualty city . . .

So my question NOW is - at 72 BP - were you able to unload 20 attacks without losing a single unit? That's what I'm hoping to prove - that you CAN find a sweet spot with NO casualties.

I unload my 30 stamina all the time blindly on targets based solely off their rank for the first hit then only continue if they fit my BP levels. I am seriously down to 1 or 2 units lost in a week whenever I stick to my plan.

Good Luck.

Gambit12
11-13-2012, 02:17 PM
As of now - when I do RARELY lose a unit - it is mostly a SH (still have 859 of my original 900) or a B-52 Bomber (still got 259 of them). Of course I really feel the pain when I lose one of my precious TR's. I'm currently trying for an Orbital just to change up my top row of Attack units - but the TR's have helped me raise my stats by 30k over the past 2 months.

i think you can only use 500 SH out 500 allies after that your SH is useless. Best A/D unit in infantry, ground, air, & sea out of 500 allies after that those extra unit is useless. But if you go over 500 & make those extra unit as a reserve for casualty reason then you can do that also. Its all depends on you on how you going to run your army. Like Hivesy mention "be a General of your army." But for me be a Commander in Chief of your army, organize them & you will be okey...& don't forget to increase your iph, you need those cash to buy expensive units...

Arizona
11-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks for a great insight into attacking strategies McD. It's a refreshing change to read something constructive than the constant drone and whining that's infected the forum in recent weeks.

manbeast
11-13-2012, 02:56 PM
I asked WP what he thought about the boycott last week in game and he replied back that he has never heard of it. Strange he could have 6,000 posts and be on the forum 24/7 for 8 months and quit cold turkey?!

Ryans67
11-13-2012, 03:29 PM
i think you can only use 500 SH out 500 allies after that your SH is useless. Best A/D unit in infantry, ground, air, & sea out of 500 allies after that those extra unit is useless. But if you go over 500 & make those extra unit as a reserve for casualty reason then you can do that also. Its all depends on you on how you going to run your army. Like Hivesy mention "be a General of your army." But for me be a Commander in Chief of your army, organize them & you will be okey...& don't forget to increase your iph, you need those cash to buy expensive units...

????

I think you're misinformed regarding the usability of certain units.... 500 Allies gives you 2,000 units. Doesn't matter what category they are from, just your top 2,000. Boosts are factored in when determining your top 2,000.

Mcdoc
11-13-2012, 03:40 PM
i think you can only use 500 SH out 500 allies after that your SH is useless. Best A/D unit in infantry, ground, air, & sea out of 500 allies after that those extra unit is useless. But if you go over 500 & make those extra unit as a reserve for casualty reason then you can do that also....

When / where has that ever been proved correct?

I used to run with 900 Amphibious Troopers back when I could actually see all 2000 of my units in my top 45 and I don't recall ever seeing those AT's cutoff @ 500? Also, I had brought my Super Hornet count to 925 and again - I don't remember seeing them cutoff @ 500.

That would have been a significant discovery & and obvious 500 number to show up in my battle reports. I'm intrigued at this possibility & mostly shocked how I could play this game for 12 months and never see anyone make this point before :(

So now m curious if anyone has experimented with this theory to prove it either way. I may have to try it out on my LLP since my main account is too far diverse for me to even make an impact to add anything to my top 45 - unless I crank out 400 more Transport Raiders :)

I'm sure if anyone has experimented with this idea - Maverick would know :)

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Maybe Gambit means he feels if you carry more than 500 of one particular unit you will experience a higher casualty rate of those units? Meatshield theory maybe?

Either way I think they have increased the number of units one will lose in a battle or raid in their algorithms. Maybe to stir up more activity in game?

Mcdoc
11-13-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't think Higher casualties stirs up "more activity" - in fact it is just the opposite - as many on this thread have already stated that they have stopped PvP all together from previous bouts of high casualties.

As far as Gambits theory - it almost sounds like he's quoting how Crime City works - which I just play casually - but I think that game makes you pull equal assets from each category of items.

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-13-2012, 04:15 PM
I don't think Higher casualties stirs up "more activity" - in fact it is just the opposite - as many on this thread have already stated that they have stopped PvP all together from previous bouts of high casualties.

As far as Gambits theory - it almost sounds like he's quoting how Crime City works - which I just play casually - but I think that game makes you pull equal assets from each category of items.

Makes sense what you said. Moreover I don't know why I said more activity, but I was trying to figure out a reason as to why the devs would increase the # of units lost per attack. I half paid attention to writing my own post lol

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Btw McDoc your posts/threads have been extremely valuable and informative. Thank you for that!

Mcdoc
11-13-2012, 04:23 PM
There is ONLY one reason why the Devs do anything in this game - to try and force people to use Gold in order to stay competitive - but then again the opposite of that is also true - people see all the broken - um - I mean "invisible" items not working properly and so people make a Capitalist decision to not pour Good money into a Bad product and just walk away from the game.

I, for example, have lost my desire to spend $300 to $500 a month on this game anymore every since they killed the crate events and turned them into downright auctions for who wants to pay the most money for units that don't even do what is advertised.

It appears that the real decision makers at Gree fail to understand the basics of Supply & Demand & overall capitalism to keep a cash cow producing cash for the long term - versus riding a cash cow until the legs cave in & you have to shoot the cow :/

Btw McDoc your posts/threads have been extremely valuable and informative. Thank you for that!

Thanks for the appreciation - I just love the game & hate to see so many people lose interest over things that could be seemingly fix easily. So many of the old timers have left the forum that I'm beginning to feel like one of the few remaining "elders" left hanging around - kinda like the Elder Council in the new Movie Green Lantern - LoL. I've already named the other elders from my viewpoint in an earlier post on this thread.

Gambit12
11-13-2012, 04:38 PM
When / where has that ever been proved correct?

I used to run with 900 Amphibious Troopers back when I could actually see all 2000 of my units in my top 45 and I don't recall ever seeing those AT's cutoff @ 500? Also, I had brought my Super Hornet count to 925 and again - I don't remember seeing them cutoff @ 500.

That would have been a significant discovery & and obvious 500 number to show up in my battle reports. I'm intrigued at this possibility & mostly shocked how I could play this game for 12 months and never see anyone make this point before :(

So now m curious if anyone has experimented with this theory to prove it either way. I may have to try it out on my LLP since my main account is too far diverse for me to even make an impact to add anything to my top 45 - unless I crank out 400 more Transport Raiders :)

I'm sure if anyone has experimented with this idea - Maverick would know :)

Those were the days when Jhoemel & i had an FFN & i have almost 500 allies & 4 each unit(infantry, ground, air, & sea) that you can use by 1 ally count. So if i have 500 total allies then that means i have a total 2,000 best units that i can use. This screenshots can prove it & try to analyze the pic...

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg622/Swyn1221/B978D77E-73C4-45FC-BC2D-8D037FCB28BE-9040-0000067B2B185B3F_zps4df32968.jpg

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
I totally agree McDoc. I still hope things change, but only time will tell.

@ Gambit - yes we have 2000 units we can effectively take to battle, but you can have 2000 air units taken to battle if you so wish.

Mcdoc
11-13-2012, 04:55 PM
@Gambit - so according to your logic - with 2000 units - you would only bring 500 Air, 500 Ground, 500 Infantry, & 500 Sea ? ? ?

Your pic does nothing to prove that - but I will see if I can get a picture that will prove otherwise. I just have to show more than 500 air units :)

If you've been operating under these rules - it's quite possible you have cheated yourself out of higher stats. If you are right - then I feel like someone just told me the sun is Blue and this whole time I thought it was yellow.

Gambit12
11-13-2012, 05:16 PM
@Gambit - so according to your logic - with 2000 units - you would only bring 500 Air, 500 Ground, 500 Infantry, & 500 Sea ? ? ?

Your pic does nothing to prove that - but I will see if I can get a picture that will prove otherwise. I just have to show more than 500 air units :)

If you've been operating under these rules - it's quite possible you have cheated yourself out of higher stats. If you are right - then I feel like someone just told me the sun is Blue and this whole time I thought it was yellow.

There it is some more info...

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg622/Swyn1221/3EBC0F0A-1F06-4DD4-BD9D-96B81A7644CB-17624-00000BBD92190644_zps366e0171.jpg

BigD@wg
11-13-2012, 05:22 PM
There it is some more info...

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg622/Swyn1221/3EBC0F0A-1F06-4DD4-BD9D-96B81A7644CB-17624-00000BBD92190644_zps366e0171.jpg

But that doesn't say anything about one unit from each type. I am pretty certain that at max allies... You bring your 2000 top units regardless of what type. They can be all air...All sea... Or mix of any of them.

Or maybe I am completely confused as to what you and McDoc are trying to figure out here.

Arizona
11-13-2012, 05:37 PM
All your units are sorted by attack values after boosts are applied. You then take to battle the best units regardless of type. Four units per ally and being able to have 5 allies per level number. That's it.

Gambit12
11-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Lets go ask CCMark to make sure everything is accurate & correct...

Mcdoc
11-13-2012, 05:48 PM
I remember this was hashed out back in March - that's why people figured out the highest non-Gold army would be 2000 Stealth Bombers for attack and 2000 Railguns for defense. Love ya bro - but I think you've made an assumption here that's based on Crime City but not at all part of the equation with MW.

I've been playing on the basis that you bring 2000 of the top attack stat units into battle and 2000 of your top defense stat units against attacks. If that's wrong - then I'll consider that the Sun is Blue :)

Col.34w
11-13-2012, 06:01 PM
I thought the Aircraft Carrier had higher def (46) than the Railgun destroyer listed at 39def. Am I missing something?

BigD@wg
11-13-2012, 06:06 PM
I thought the Aircraft Carrier had higher def (46) than the Railgun destroyer listed at 39def. Am I misssig something?

The highest cash attack unit is the stealth bomber. The highest cash defense unit is the aircraft carrier, not the railgun. The top valor attack unit would be the spec op jet and the elite water cruiser is highest valor defense unit.

Gambit12
11-13-2012, 06:11 PM
I think you can only use the total of 2,000 units in a 500 allies. 4x500=2,000. 4 unit consist your best 500 infantry, 500 ground, 500 air, & 500 sea unit. I think is way off if you use 2,000 infantry, 2,000 ground, 2,000 air, & 2,000 sea that's way to much...

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg622/Swyn1221/BCBA00DB-F99F-470C-A3EE-EDF1D2FF52E4-17624-00000BC91367B757_zps5e7faa6d.jpg

love u too Doc...

BigD@wg
11-13-2012, 06:19 PM
@gambit-

It is only 2000 units total. But those units can be a combination of any type. It is not capped at 500 of each type unit. It could be 1000 air, 400 infantry, 600 sea. It could be 1800 air and 200 sea. It could be 300 ground, 700 sea, 200 infantry, 800 air. Or any other possible combination.

Gambit12
11-13-2012, 06:26 PM
@gambit-

It is only 2000 units total. But those units can be a combination of any type. It is not capped at 500 of each type unit. It could be 1000 air, 400 infantry, 600 sea. It could be 1800 air and 200 sea. It could be 300 ground, 700 sea, 200 infantry, 800 air. Or any other possible combination.

They go by 1 ally count. This 1 ally guy can bring 1 each unit, 1 infantry, 1 ground, 1 air, & 1 sea. So if you have 500 allies then what would it be..? Like i said... We can ask CCMark for an accurate answer though...

Dr. Dengus
11-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Insightful posts, thanks for sharing your strategy/theory McDoc. This is wildly off-topic from casualty rates, but this post right here spawned a revelation for me :

I, for example, have lost my desire to spend $300 to $500 a month on this game anymore every since they killed the crate events and turned them into downright auctions for who wants to pay the most money for units that don't even do what is advertised.

Once again this is completely off-topic lol. When you mentioned your personal spending on the game, it reminded me of the McDoc Method, which led to me thinking about the Collect 10 events, so and and so on. But I believe there is a correlation between the somewhat "demise" (if you will) of the forum community and the transformation from Collect 10 -> Auction Events (even if it's a minor correlation, obviously other factors have come into play). But think about it. Whenever a new Collect 10 event would arise, everyone and their mother would be logging on to share their trials and tribulations throughout the event. I mean threads are still created for the auction events. But they just don't have the same feel. There's no more TC tracking threads, ie: "Ovations and Outrages", "Celebrations and Commiserations". The collect 10 events were fun and exciting, bringing MW players, better yet the forum community, together. Now an auction event starts and it's just like meh, not opening my wallet so why bother.

But I digress. Sorry to go off on a tangent in your thread McDoc, I just wanted to share that train of thought lol.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I used to try and target rivals with extremely low unit count to limit my casualties. I'll now have to try your BP method and share my results. After all, it is Chuck Norris approved.

http://www.playdota.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1225&pictureid=20152

Edit: And Gambit you're thinking of CC. In MW you can battle with whatever mix of 2,000 units you please.

Gambit12
11-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Edit: And Gambit you're thinking of CC. In MW you can battle with whatever mix of 2,000 units you please.

i don't really play serious on CC, i don't know what there strategy over there. i know Doc that you are my Professor X here in MW forum. So what happened to that saying "Each ally brings 4 units into battle?"

Edit: in post #51

BigD@wg
11-13-2012, 07:35 PM
They go by 1 ally count. This 1 ally guy can bring 1 each unit, 1 infantry, 1 ground, 1 air, & 1 sea. So if you have 500 allies then what would it be..? Like i said... We can ask CCMark for an accurate answer though...

I understand it goes by ally count. Each ally brings the highest unit regardless of type. 1 ally can theoretically bring 4 ships. 500 allies could bring 2000 ships. If a player has 2000 ships that outrank all other units then only ships will be brought to battle. Getting conformation from CCM is good idea.

@McDoc... Sorry for the off topic.

@DrD... I miss the fun the collect 10 brought to the game and to the forum. Those were good times!

Dr. Dengus
11-13-2012, 07:38 PM
i don't really play serious on CC, i don't know what there strategy over there. i know Doc that you are my Professor X here in MW forum. So what happened to that saying "Each ally brings 4 units into battle?"

Edit: in post #51

Oh ok, in CC you can't bring your top 2500 units into an attack no matter what, it limits them by class type. So when it says each ally allows you to bring 4 units to battle, it means exactly that. You're interpreting it as, each ally allows you to bring 1 sea unit, 1 air unit, 1 infantry unit, and 1 ground unit. But it's 4 units no matter what class they are.

Gambit12
11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Oh ok, in CC you can't bring your top 2500 units into an attack no matter what, it limits them by class type. So when it says each ally allows you to bring 4 units to battle, it means exactly that. You're interpreting it as, each ally allows you to bring 1 sea unit, 1 air unit, 1 infantry unit, and 1 ground unit. But it's 4 units no matter what class they are.

Hhhmmm... Who told you this DrD..? I wanna clarify this to CCMark to make sure...

Mcdoc
11-13-2012, 10:49 PM
The real question Gambit is who told you that the 4 units were specifically 1 of each class. If it says you can bring in 4 units per Ally - then why are you reading more into that than just 4 units?

At my highest Super Hornet Count, I had 1150 of them. At that particular point in time (like level 60) my Super Hornet was in my top 45. I remember that it showed I only brought 928 out of my 1150 into battle - and that was because I had 1072 units in my inventory that had better stats than the Super Hornet - otherwise - I would have only brought about 400 Super Hornets if I only had 100 jets more powerful than the SH Stats.

Good luck on getting a different answer (or any answer) from CCM.

By the way - don't worry about straying a little off topic here. As long as we are still talking about "strategies" of how to pay the game - then this is the most on topic thread in a long time :)

KizbotBro
11-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I think you can only use the total of 2,000 units in a 500 allies. 4x500=2,000. 4 unit consist your best 500 infantry, 500 ground, 500 air, & 500 sea unit. I think is way off if you use 2,000 infantry, 2,000 ground, 2,000 air, & 2,000 sea that's way to much...

This post makes no sense.

When attacking, your 500 allies bring 2000 units with the highest attack. Thats it, regardless of unit type.

Im level 7, and I have a navel fleet. My army consists of 140 sea scouts for def and 140 subs for attack. That's all that gets taken into battle.

By your logic, I would be limited in some way, and from my available 35 allies I would only be able to take 35 sea units.
I dont really have any others (like 4 men and a couple tanks). 35 x 4 = 140 and that's the number of sea units i take into battle.

My old iOS account was at lvl 70, again, all sea units and I can reassure that its just your 2000 top units for any type. From your whole inventory, the 2000 units with the highest attack is used for attacking. The 2000 units with the highest defense is used for defending. Period. Regardless of unit type.

Nowhere does it state 'only 500 of each unit type can be taken to battle'.

Hope that helps to clear something up

Mcdoc
11-14-2012, 03:31 AM
Thanks for chiming in Kizbot - I'm glad to see someone else has proof to support what we all have been thinking. I sincerely just think Gambit has over analized this and somehow brought CC rules over to MW

Gambit12
11-14-2012, 04:21 AM
I don't bring any rules from CC & i don't play that game seriously anyway. & no one told me about this but i just analyze this pic that says in the first sentence...

Mcdoc
11-14-2012, 04:31 AM
Again - it SIMPLY says each Ally brings 4 units into battle. It does NOT say Each Ally brings 1 of each type of unit into battle.

So how is it you are interpreting 4 units into 1 of each unit type? That's a bit of a stretch - but we will set you straight young Padawan before you waste any more resources buying up units that do not take the best advantage of your Country Boost & Boost Buildings :)

BTW - this is not an argument to see who is right - this is a discussion to make sure no one is playing under a false understanding of one of the most Basic rules of the Game. I'm pretty sure this is covered in great detail in the FNG guide as well.

Gambit12
11-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Again - it SIMPLY says each Ally brings 4 units into battle. It does NOT say Each Ally brings 1 of each type of unit into battle.

So how is it you are interpreting 4 units into 1 of each unit type? That's a bit of a stretch - but we will set you straight young Padawan before you waste any more resources buying up units that do not take the best advantage of your Country Boost & Boost Buildings :)

Hahaha...Lol! Who the heck is young "Padawan?" never heard of that name before...

Mcdoc
11-14-2012, 04:36 AM
Hahaha...Lol! Who the heck is young "Padawan?" never heard of that name before...Star Wars reference - a Jedi Master takes on an apprentice - aka - Young Padawan :)

You previously made an X-Men reference calling me Professor X - implying one master of knowledge - whereas in Star Wars - there are Many Jedi Masters who strive to train up the next Jedi's who all start off as Padawans :)

Mcdoc
11-14-2012, 06:02 AM
SO - back On Topic - I just went through my 4th clip of 30 attacks since starting this thread - so that's 120 attacks with not one single unit lost :)

Thunder Child
11-14-2012, 06:15 AM
SO - back On Topic - I just went through my 4th clip of 30 attacks since starting this thread - so that's 120 attacks with not one single unit lost :)You and I have basically the same approach, McDoc... Haven't lost a unit in hundreds of attacks over the past four or five months, until a few minutes ago when I lost a single Elite Ops Helicopter against one of my usual 'easy' targets - US flag, well less than 1000 units, 10 levels above me, full allies, att/def stats around 12K, no real boost protection, and a mere lieutenant.... Can't explain it!

mxz
11-14-2012, 06:25 AM
This needs to be addressed:

I have provided Gree with ample evidence of this, do they admit its existence? No.No, you don't have proof. And you can't hack casualties unless you have access to the server. You can hack client-side things (loot drops, items, etc..).

Ok, so why can't you hack casualties? When you attack/rob someone a packet is sent to the server with some information, including your mafia #, their mafia #, any updates (buildings collected) and a bunch of other information that doesn't appear to be used (game data hashes & checksums, item hashes, etc..). The server makes all calculations about who wins, how much BP is dropped, any loot that is dropped and all casualties and sends that information back to the client for processing. If the information doesn't return you get the "too weak" message.

So unless someone has access to the servers they cannot hack casualties. You have no evidence it's happening because the game doesn't work like that.

Gambit12
11-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Star Wars reference - a Jedi Master takes on an apprentice - aka - Young Padawan :)

You previously made an X-Men reference calling me Professor X - implying one master of knowledge - whereas in Star Wars - there are Many Jedi Masters who strive to train up the next Jedi's who all start off as Padawans :)

it was Dr Dengus that i called Professor X. But i guess Gambit has no kryptonite for Superman...Lol!

Anyways, moving along in the topic now. I'm at low allies now & most of the time i PvP, i lost valor units such as SH, Expert Attack Drone, Elite Ops Heli, & Elite Water Cruiser. In those valor units i lost bunch of Super Hornet 94% of the time. This could be a casualty glitch going on that Gree needs to be fix...

Mcdoc
11-14-2012, 07:04 AM
i don't really play serious on CC, i don't know what there strategy over there. i know Doc that you are my Professor X here in MW forum. So what happened to that saying "Each ally brings 4 units into battle?"Ok - my bad - I'm so used to being called "Doc" by my Marines that I thought you were calling me out instead of Dr Dengus :)

Especially since I had also made reference to you being confused with the rules from CC vs MW :)

Hmmmm - I guess I forgot Dr D was also from San Diego like me. I wonder why the Doc didn't make it to the Forum Bash in August?

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-14-2012, 07:17 AM
it was Dr Dengus that i called Professor X. But i guess Gambit has no kryptonite for Superman...Lol!

Anyways, moving along in the topic now. I'm at low allies now & most of the time i PvP, i lost valor units such as SH, Expert Attack Drone, Elite Ops Heli, & Elite Water Cruiser. In those valor units i lost bunch of Super Hornet 94% of the time. This could be a casualty glitch going on that Gree needs to be fix...

Gambit I don't think it's necessarily a casualty glitch. You are at low allies taking less than 300 units to battle. I just looked through your inventory. After you subtract the number of indestructible units you have that are strong, you are taking all valor units to battle pretty much. So in essence your valor units are your meatshields. That's why you are losing all those valor units. You need to find a cash unit that is strong enough to make into battle and buy enough of them to use as your meatshields because you can replace them easier than your valor units.

See if buying a bunch of B-52's will help (assuming they will make into battle).

Hope this will help :)

Gambit12
11-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Ok - my bad - I'm so used to being called "Doc" by my Marines that I thought you were calling me out instead of Dr Dengus :)

Especially since I had also made reference to you being confused with the rules from CC vs MW :)

Hmmmm - I guess I forgot Dr D was also from San Diego like me. I wonder why the Doc didn't make it to the Forum Bash in August?

its all good Mcdoc & so glad that your back & in full time mode here in the forum that you ever started...

Edit: We got infested by bunch of pirates lately but we need "Superman" sometimes...

Gambit12
11-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Gambit I don't think it's necessarily a casualty glitch. You are at low allies taking less than 300 units to battle. I just looked through your inventory. After you subtract the number of indestructible units you have that are strong, you are taking all valor units to battle pretty much. So in essence your valor units are your meatshields. That's why you are losing all those valor units. You need to find a cash unit that is strong enough to make into battle and buy enough of them to use as your meatshields because you can replace them easier than your valor units.

See if buying a bunch of B-52's will help (assuming they will make into battle).

Hope this will help :)

Good advice Phantom Stranger.. I'm doing it right now, one unit at a time... Those units such as B 52's, Destoyer, Mobile Artillery, Rapid-Fire Attack Vehicle are kinda expensive. i'm trying to load up on demolitions & bio warfare troops too...

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Good advice Phantom Stranger.. I'm doing it right now, one unit at a time... Those units such as B 52's, Destoyer, Mobile Artillery, Rapid-Fire Attack Vehicle are kinda expensive. i'm trying to load up on demolitions & bio warfare troops too...

Yeah I don't have the high cash units even unlocked yet, nor the iph to buy many of them either. So it's Bio Warfare troops & Amphibious Hovercrafts for me as well mostly.

mikebarth1955
11-14-2012, 07:41 AM

I am in the same boat with respect to losing Super Hornets as Gambit, but I take lots of higher consumption rate units into each battle, including a pile of Commandos, SEALs, and Bio Warfare Troops. I loaded up on those so I would not continue losing Super Hornets and Elite Ops Helos, but my valor units keep getting hit anyway -- I lose one Super Hornet for every Commando.

Oooops -- I meant one Super Hornet for every Bio Warfare Troop. The Commandos continue to die like flies, right on schedule.

Mcdoc
11-14-2012, 07:48 AM
I hope you guys (Gambit / Mikebarth ) are willing to try out my Rank / BP method and let us know if you notice a decrease in Lost Units - as I have been able to control (virtually eliminate) my losses.

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-14-2012, 07:48 AM
I am in the same boat with respect to losing Super Hornets as Gambit, but I take lots of higher consumption rate units into each battle, including a pile of Commandos, SEALs, and Bio Warfare Troops. I loaded up on those so I would not continue losing Super Hornets and Elite Ops Helos, but my valor units keep getting hit anyway -- I lose one Super Hornet for every Commando.

hmmmm... There could possibly be a couple of other explanations. I'm certainly not saying there isn't a problem because there could be. But just to rule out other potential reasons. Do you possibly attack the same rivals again and again? If yes, those rivals could have a number of units that are "strong against" air. That's one possibility.

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-14-2012, 07:51 AM
I hope you guys (Gambit / Mikebarth ) are willing to try out my Rank / BP method and let us know if you notice a decrease in Lost Units - as I have been able to control (virtually eliminate) my losses.

I would do some testing with it if I had the Rankings/Battle Points feature. If Android ever gets it I would be glad to share my findings with you McDoc.

Gambit12
11-14-2012, 08:05 AM

I'll try to double check your method on first post & i will get back to you later...

mikebarth1955
11-14-2012, 08:12 AM
I have been experimenting with the McDoc Method based on BP since yesterday. Basically, if the BP is over 75 points, then I have been running away like a rabbit. It mostly works, but there is the occaisional surprise. I was tagging someone that was producing 58 BP each hit (less than 1,000 units and defense stats in the teens), and about 5 or 6 hits into it, I hit two in a row that killed off 3 decent units (couple of pave lows and a super hornet -- didn't lose any commandos, curse the luck).

mikebarth1955
11-14-2012, 09:27 AM

My attack is a little over 70K boosted, level 142, 498 allies. I just ran an experiment on two opponents (forgive me for experimenting on you guys, whoever you are -- nothing personal) and I got really different results from the two. I hit the first opponent 11 times and lost several units (commandos plus others) and I hit the second opponent 12 times for no losses. They aren't all that different in terms of BP and both were in the Level 150s, but the inventory etc. of both did differ. Anyway, here is the stats:

Rival A: Major with 500+ allies, 800 units, D 17K. Generated BP 92

1 lost 1 commando
2 nothing
3 lost 1 commando
4 nothing
5 nothing
6 nothing
7 lost 1 spectre gunship, 1 brigand lightning
8 lost 1 Avenger
9 nothing
10 lost 1 biowarfare troop
11 lost 1 brigand lightning

Rival B: Colonel, 500+ allies, 530 units, D 11K. Generated BP 82
1 nothhing
2 nothing
3 nothing
4 nothing
5 nothing
6 nothing
7 nothing
8 nothing
9 nothing
10 nothing
11 nothing
12 nothing

I'm not sure what pattern I'm seeing, but I do like to experiment and I will start keeping better track of my rival forays from here out. Of course, the results may also differ significantly from level to level, or depend more on the mix of units, or I may just not have enough juice to hit people without getting my hand slapped on occasion.

Ramshutu
11-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Gree need to publish the algorithm.

When you don't how something is supposed to work, we can't tell whether its broken or not.

Mcdoc
11-14-2012, 10:10 AM
So my whole theory is based on how many BP you get in relation to Casualties to find your sweet spot.

So Mike, based on your initial experiment - I would love for you to whail away at anyone who gives off 82 or fewer BP and see if you can continue without losses while taking only on shot and move on for anyone putting off more than 85 BP. If my theory works for you like it works for me - then hopefully you will also find that spot where you are able to escape casualties.

LUEZANA
11-14-2012, 10:57 AM
I am seeing the same problem some here are reporting. Until recently I could attack people as high as 7-8000 A/D (I have 35-36000 for A/D). Some of these people are the same ones I have always attacked even as low as 1000 A/D. Below 4000 A/D i would lose maybe 1 unit in dozens of attacks. Now even if the person is 1000 i will lose 1-3 units every battle. This is definitely something that is broken. I noticed someone mentioned something about the infirmary boost not working while it is being upgraded. Now that I think back, this problem started after my latest upgrade on the infirmary. I am currently at level 6 on the infirmary. I wonder if somehow the upgrade completed, but the game doesnt realize that it is complete and therefore not taking affect. Others that are seeing this problem, what are your infirmaries at? Is it possible the infirmary upgrade could be the culprit?

mikebarth1955
11-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Just out of curiousity, I attacked 10 different people and hit them 10 times each. I'm about 56K-58K unboosted (or was, before all of this) with 8,000 units, level 142, 498 allies.

In the attached jpeg I show the # of units and defense statistic for each of the 10 rivals, along with the BP they generated. Long story short, I got my *** handed to me in no uncertain terms when I went above 84 BP. I replaced lost units each time (except for the Brigand Lightnings and the other loot stuff) so that conditions were about the same for each set of attacks. I also hit someone with defense stats in the 30s and someone else with defense stats in the 40s as a sort of a control group. Seems like an awful lot of valor units lost and not a whole lot of commandos lost, although that is what I bought the commandos for. BTW, I got some tree snipers out of it, so it wasn't a total loss.

I'm through experimenting now, and I guarantee I am not messing with anyone over 84 BP in the future.

Mcdoc
11-14-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm through experimenting now, and I guarantee I am not messing with anyone over 84 BP in the future.

My work here is done - LoL

At least that is one person who has found a threshold for attack based of BP :)

My BP threshold is about 95 when as a Colonel at level 177 I attack only LT's & below.

Giedrybe
11-15-2012, 01:54 AM
The only one vulnerable point of McDoc's strategy is first blind attack. Somehow I find it interesting to see profiles, analyze quickly what I see.

My strategy was:
1. pick US and Iran flag
2. check profile for raw defense stat
3. see, if CF in place
4. if unboosted defense value is somewhat 40% and lower of my attack value, I usually have no casualties.

But I don't attack much. I usually raid, as for me it is better BP drop per XP. So I target Armories, Command Center or Supply Deppots for first two hits. It will usually return me only 1 XP, most likely 1 valor and some BPs, what is the only one reason why I raid.

jeffrey
11-15-2012, 02:23 AM
After one day, I am convinced that this Matt Thorton (Classified, uk flag, level 161, 499, 125k a/d) is having the no casualty glitch, as he cane attack me non stop for the last 24 hours with no loss seemingly. A ticket is sent to Greedy to investigate this.

Mcdoc
11-15-2012, 04:28 AM
Jeffry - you've posted about Matt Thornton on 4 different threads now - we get it - either you don't like him or your obsessed with him - or both. It gets old seeing the same post spill over into multiple threads. Why don't you create a Matt Thornton thread and focus all of your Matt Thornton energy into that one thread - which you kinda already did with your "2 people are picking on me thread" - which btw - is against forum rules to call someone out by name, country, level, Etc in the forum and ask others to attack them.

Don't be THAT guy :)

Gambit12
11-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Casualty Glitch purposes only...

I raid Ferr's Composite Lv 10: he has 1 ally only with 1,9198 D stat

1. ist hit 141 bp with no casualty
2. 2nd hit 141 bp nothing
3. 3rd hit 141 bp Super Hornet

Ferr's Naval Research Lv 10

1. 152 bp nothing
2.152 bp Super Hornet
3. 152 bp nothing

Desas
11-15-2012, 02:27 PM
McDoc - I have tried attacking rank based:
1) getting 30-50 bp
2) going for all ranks up to ltnt
3) me being major
4) still loose unit every 3-5 rounds
5) used to not loosing any or every 20 rounds just

So they really made the life of weak players easy, as someone already mentioned.
But still for me to attack someone with 4k def having myself 50k att and losing units is anoying
Although from "reality" perspective seems real (like Fins with Soviets in 1940)

Mcdoc
11-18-2012, 01:00 AM
@Gambit - did you ever gets an answer to your question about how the units are brought into battle? As in if its just 2000 of your TOP attack stats or like you were thinking - 500 of each unit type?

Gambit12
11-18-2012, 01:12 AM
@Gambit - did you ever gets an answer to your question about how the units are brought into battle? As in if its just 2000 of your TOP attack stats or like you were thinking - 500 of each unit type?

I just realize it that when i attack Ferr with only 1 ally. He only used 4 units with the Grand prize infantry, followed by an air unit, then ground unit, & the 4th was another air.

Each ally brings 4 units into battle:

So Ferr has 1 ally:
1. infantry
2. air
3. ground
4. air

Mcdoc
11-18-2012, 03:23 AM
Ok - glad to have that confirmed :)

Gambit12
11-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Ok - glad to have that confirmed :)

My bad Superman...

aeromaniak
11-18-2012, 07:08 AM
Where can you see a rival's rank and battle point??
Is this a difference between android (what I use) and Ios?

Bronson
11-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Where can you see a rival's rank and battle point??
Is this a difference between android (what I use) and Ios?

Not available on Android yet

Ryans67
11-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Jeffry - you've posted about Matt Thornton on 4 different threads now - we get it - either you don't like him or your obsessed with him - or both. It gets old seeing the same post spill over into multiple threads. Why don't you create a Matt Thornton thread and focus all of your Matt Thornton energy into that one thread - which you kinda already did with your "2 people are picking on me thread" - which btw - is against forum rules to call someone out by name, country, level, Etc in the forum and ask others to attack them.

Don't be THAT guy :)

He is THAT guy.... Lol. Look at his sig. Gotta love sore losers....

jeffrey
11-18-2012, 11:51 AM
He is THAT guy.... Lol. Look at his sig. Gotta love sore losers....

If the almighty king Jeff is a sore g****, then he would march his mafia to the capital city of kaliphornio. :mad:

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Guys, it appears one of us is a hacker, and one who has spoken out very much against hackers. This is just so sad to see.

Hivesy
11-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Hey Speed
What do you know? Prey tell.

Hivesy
11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Only just noticed Jeffrey got banned, anyone know which bit of totally fcuking annoying nonsense it was that pushed ccm over the edge? There were plenty......

Thunder Child
11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Sad indeed, if confirmed :(

Hivesy
11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Hey TC, I don't get it is Jeffrey a Hacker?

Thunder Child
11-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Hey TC, I don't get it is Jeffrey a Hacker?Know nothing about Jeffrey.... there's someone else who seems to be on a dubious course....

Hivesy
11-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Well now you're being just as mysterious and shady as speed ump!

Ok well do you know why Jeffrey got banned?

Thunder Child
11-19-2012, 04:56 PM

Ok well do you know why Jeffrey got banned?As I said, I know nothing about him.

Dr. Dengus
11-19-2012, 04:57 PM

Ok well do you know why Jeffrey got banned?

I think CCM was just trying to tame the beast. Him and iamnasty share an odd relationship involving extensive smack talk amongst each other. And it spilled over into the public forums instead of keeping it to PM or in-game walls. I'm sure there were other factors, that's just what comes to mind atm.

Poopenshire
11-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Ok who is it?

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Lets just say I would hate to gamble my game on hacking.

Poopenshire
11-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Ok. I have an idea however small.I can confirm that with the increased casualties the glitchers are still not losing any. I talked to a few. Looks like the little guy loses again.

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Anyone play chess here? The gambit is a very special chess move, rarely used

Hivesy
11-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Are you saying Gambit is a hacker? Have his stats jumped coz last time I looked they weren't hacker stats. And....well it's Gambit?

Lift Ticket
11-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Anyone play chess here? The gambit is a very special chess move, rarely used

I use it quite frequently to tests the skill level of my opponent. Skilled players would refrain or play a countergambit in most in cases.

Dr. Dengus
11-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Are you saying Gambit is a hacker? Have his stats jumped coz last time I looked they weren't hacker stats. And....well it's Gambit?

No no, purely coincidental. I don't play the game, but a gambit is apparently a strategic move in chess.

BigD@wg
11-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Anybody know which map drops a Mig21 as loot? :)

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
There is a player who had 1977 mig21, then ten minutes later there were 200 more, and hardly any other units to amount to much in the way of stats. Can anyone tell me how I can buy those units. I don't see them in my list.

Hivesy
11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Just paid a visit myself, ok well we need the man himself to come on here an tell us what's what

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Or maybe it's a loot item. Lets see, 200 loot units in ten minutes. Wow. Now that's amazing. Unreal even

Fl@sh
11-19-2012, 05:22 PM
There is a hack out there that drops a rare boss loot and only costs one energy.

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
And all this after one player asked another with knowledge of these things to pm him.

Dr. Dengus
11-19-2012, 05:25 PM
I retract my previous statement and choose to re-read a few pages back as to see what I've missed .....

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 05:26 PM
We all know there are hackers. It's just the way it is. But when one of our own does this, I feel so dirty now

BigD@wg
11-19-2012, 05:28 PM
We all know there are hackers. It's just the way it is. But when one of our own does this, I feel so dirty now

I couldn't believe it. I thought you were mistaken then I went and checked it out. Yup, sad indeed.

Poopenshire
11-19-2012, 05:30 PM
I am holding out hope its a glitch. I really am. On a side note I just attacked a general with only 65k defense. Something is wrong with that. He even mouthed off to Kompu (PJ) I am surprised he is still alive. He is giving 255 BP though. First time i attackes someone so high and i only lose 1 or 2 units max. I like it.

Hivesy
11-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Hey let's give him time to reply, he's not stupid so hacking 2200 Migs that show on the first page of his air inventory is an unlikely hing for someone to do intentionally.

I know I'm straw clutching here but lets just see.

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 05:33 PM
I hear you, i just can't see any way to explain this. If it were me, I don't think I could ever face everyone again

Poopenshire
11-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Its gotta be a glitch. If he really had 2000 of them his defense raw score would be over 200k amd its half that. That makes me believe its a glitch or a bug.

Vballmadam
11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
I am utterly shocked! If this is true about the hacking, my heart goes out to him that he felt so desperate that he needed to cheat. I'm hoping he isn't having a mental breakdown.

Dr. Dengus
11-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Its gotta be a glitch. If he really had 2000 of them his defense raw score would be over 200k amd its half that. That makes me believe its a glitch or a bug.

True, his defense should be 157,360 at the bare minimum with his ally count.

I hope there is something going on that we are not aware of, would hate to see Gambit go.

vaporeon
11-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Whats the stats of the Migs?

albeezy
11-19-2012, 05:49 PM
He has 281 allies and an A/D of 98424/129275

He is bringing 281*4 units to battle so 1124 units
The MG21 has 84/112 stats

1124*84= 94416 attack
1124*112= 125888 defense

This is raw score from just the MG21s

If you care to scan his inventory he has plenty of units with better stats that could easily account for the extra 4-5k in stats. What a shame...

EDIT: Hacking must be really easy...just sayin'

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Not just the migs play though. Highest units play first, and those may have Lower deff than the migs, but higher total stats, so they raise the attack more

Gambit12
11-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Its a glitch guys...

Vballmadam
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Its a glitch guys...

I'm so glad! I couldn't believe it.

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Gambit, who is adding the units. I could maybe see if it was a fixed number, but it's going up.

albeezy
11-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Its a glitch guys...

going to have to do better than that...

andy_xyz2004
11-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Cleared.....

Poopenshire
11-19-2012, 06:02 PM
If you have someones game code there is a way using a key to figure out theor UDID. You can transder their game to your device with a UDID faker amd they would never know. I do not know the details only that its possible.

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 06:03 PM
And it just happened to coincide with a huge drop in ally count. I like to believe what people say, but this really looks like a drop down to hide what was going on. The only other thi g I could see is if someone had taken over your game and was doing this with it

albeezy
11-19-2012, 06:04 PM
And it just happened to coincide with a huge drop in ally count. I like to believe what people say, but this really looks like a drop down to hide what was going on. The only other thi g I could see is if someone had taken over your game and was doing this with it

He has been low ally count for a while now. I can vouch for that, since I suggested he do so to enable him to go over vault...SHHHH that's my secret!

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Ahh, thanks beezy, now I know where to find some quick cash. See you soon.lol

albeezy
11-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Ahh, thanks beezy, now I know where to find some quick cash. See you soon.lol

HAHA better be very soon! I am debating a rath larg upgrade at the moment...

Actually, make that a long time from now. Would hate to see you break your boycott...LOL

albeezy
11-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Speed your inbox is full. I have a question for you...when you get around to it

dledour
11-19-2012, 06:22 PM
He has been low ally count for a while now. I can vouch for that, since I suggested he do so to enable him to go over vault...SHHHH that's my secret!

Actually that's not correct.... He attacked me (tried to anyway) with 498 allies....
Maybe that was to test those MIG's......

Speed ump
11-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Cleared out beezy

albeezy
11-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Actually that's not correct.... He attacked me (tried to anyway) with 498 allies....
Maybe that was to test those MIG's......
He was down to as low as 78 allies in the past week to 10 days. I know because I saw him in my rival list. When I said a while I mean the past 2 maybe 3 weeks.

dledour
11-19-2012, 06:59 PM
He was down to as low as 78 allies in the past week to 10 days. I know because I saw him in my rival list. When I said a while I mean the past 2 maybe 3 weeks.

Let's forget the ally count since that is not the issue.

Where are those MIG's located? Is it a loot item? Is is a purchased item?

And then we could also say.. Is this a hacked item?

Gree has already been made aware of this... if this is a "glitch" then there shouldn't be any problem with them being removed...

RIGHT?

Fl@sh
11-19-2012, 07:09 PM
It takes just as long to remove them as it does to place Spec Ops Jets in your inventory...lol

albeezy
11-19-2012, 07:21 PM
And as a special treat Fl@sh, you only get one SpecOps Jet in your inventory, not the ability to buy more! Priceless! Guess I will have to settle for the boats I recently unlocked!

Jhoemel
11-20-2012, 04:54 AM
I think its really a glitch. Lets let the ones involved explain their sides first guys before drawing conclusions. Lets give the benefit of the doubt. Just saying guys

Speed ump
11-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Just remember how quick gambit was to jump on one of our guys, pirate united nation when that issue came up, and everyone was all over that bandwagon in a big way. Even after ferr and a few other here did post hes legit.We kept quiet and let that thing die down as we knew it would just be picked apart and then people would be blaming gree for some imagined wrong to them. Mark jumped in and clarified things from their end which was the best one to let respond to that since we all know they're not going to embellish on their answers. In gambits case, the issue is not that we have another hacker, I think I'm at the point that I tend to not even pay any attention to them at all anymore, but that it was one of us, and one who has spoken up in a big way against this kind of thing. I have heard the issue involved, but I'm not getting a piece of the puzzle that others seem to not be mentioning, or are, but are overlooking.

Fl@sh
11-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Why do I always have to be the voice of reason? I always take a step back to access the situation. I would advise everyone else to do the same and let this be dealt with by GREE. I see some funny numbers in this players inventory that has me worried, but lets not go on a witch hunt here.

Jhoemel
11-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Why do I always have to be the voice of reason? I always take a step back to access the situation. I would advise everyone else to do the same and let this be dealt with by GREE. I see some funny numbers in this players inventory that has me worried, but lets not go on a witch hunt here.

Thats because we have been fl@shed. Haha. Just kidding man.

Jp lfs
11-20-2012, 12:41 PM
I am sorry I missed the OP on it's original go round.

So, McDoc, this is actually the method I have been using for months now, so I have your back on it's validity. I was going to add some info about unit numbers and rival flags, but others have already done so.

In short, my personal BP # is 105. Below that = zero casualties. Above that, things get really unpredictable. And as a side note, I am completely unable to attack defense or boost buildings without major casualties, regardless of rival stats. I accidentally tapped a guard tower of a rival with 1/20 my stats and lost 3 units. Craziness.

Jp lfs
11-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Its a glitch guys...

That's all you have to say? It's a glitch? Not "i'm fixing it" or " i have contacted support" just... Whoops? I know a little something about your "glitch" and you have to repeat it intentionally for a long time to do what you have done. Shame on you.

Not good enough. And if you are exploiting this "glitch" by raiding or attacking others while you have it, even once, than you are out of line.

Fix it, come clean, and beg for forgiveness. Or lose what little respect you may have had in the first place.

If you knew; and at attacked one single person after you found out, then you are in the wrong. There are good people here. Who are willing to overlook a moment of weakness. But not if it continues.

I'll call it as I see it- cheating. You stick with glitch and we'll see who is still playing and/or respected by their friends here in two weeks.

Good day, sir.

I said GOOD DAY!

Paddy89
11-21-2012, 05:22 AM
So I have this glitch that gave me 116 Orbital Hammers. It's just a glitch - nothing to see here - move along now.

mickymacirl
11-21-2012, 06:32 AM
It's a pretty amazing glitch then!!!!

Corsair
11-21-2012, 07:36 AM
That's all you have to say? It's a glitch? Not "i'm fixing it" or " i have contacted support" just... Whoops? I know a little something about your "glitch" and you have to repeat it intentionally for a long time to do what you have done. Shame on you.

Not good enough. And if you are exploiting this "glitch" by raiding or attacking others while you have it, even once, than you are out of line.

Fix it, come clean, and beg for forgiveness. Or lose what little respect you may have had in the first place.

If you knew; and at attacked one single person after you found out, then you are in the wrong. There are good people here. Who are willing to overlook a moment of weakness. But not if it continues.

I'll call it as I see it- cheating. You stick with glitch and we'll see who is still playing and/or respected by their friends here in two weeks.

Good day, sir.

I said GOOD DAY!QFT. The name Gambit is more appropriate than I thought, the character tends to dance the line and sometimes crosses over to the dark side, too. Thieves or X-Men, which is it going to be?

Poopenshire
11-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Guys the glitch is not an exploit. I cannot get into more details than that. it was not a voluntary option he was using its something that is simply occuring. I know some of the details now, atleast I hope they are accurate.

Dutchie
11-21-2012, 09:25 AM
In short, my personal BP # is 105. Below that = zero casualties. Above that, things get really unpredictable. And as a side note, I am completely unable to attack defense or boost buildings without major casualties, regardless of rival stats. I accidentally tapped a guard tower of a rival with 1/20 my stats and lost 3 units. Craziness.

I have been lurking for a while on this forum and found some very useful information and guides to help playing MW and CC as a non-gold player. Sorry for the noob question and I have looked everywhere on here but I can't work out what BP stands for. If anyone can provide an explanation, I would be grateful.

Fl@sh
11-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Battle Points.

It's more or less an attack score.

Miner
11-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Guys the glitch is not an exploit. I cannot get into more details than that. it was not a voluntary option he was using its something that is simply occuring. I know some of the details now, atleast I hope they are accurate.

I know ALL the details. It is a glitch, you are right there. Though he is intentionally exploiting it in order to take revenge on players who have been attacking him. The reason he is even able to take advantage of it is for wrong/unauthorized reasons.

It is a glitch that is only available to a certain, small group of players (I won't explain who and how). For that reason alone, it should be reported, the units should be requested to be removed and he should refrain from attacking/raiding until they are removed.

XxGNUTxX
11-21-2012, 09:44 AM
I was going to respond in PJ's peasant thread but didn't want to hijack his thread so I figured this could be a topic of it's own . . . . .

I have worked hard to find my threshold for losing units. For me it's all about rank / level. I'm currently level 177 & halfway through completing Colonel - so I look for Lieutenants (LT) & below in my Rivals list and can usually get around 60 to 95 BP per attack and know I'm safe from unit losses. If I hit up a Lt & get 105 or more BP - I am sure to lose a unit in 1 in 5 battles (recently TR or SH or Bombers) - so at 105 BP I will usually move on to another target. If I find someone putting out 130 or higher at the LT level - I start losing 1 to 3 units every single battle - which to me seems like I've got the "High Casualty" glitch.

Now if my rivals list shifts to players below 130 - then I can hit up a Major and get up to 115 BP before I will see any losses - so there again - if a Major starts putting out 125 BP - I know I will start losing units about 1 in 5 battles.

If I attack someone above level 160 and above Major - forget about it - I might get 180 to 260 BP - but I'm losing 3 to 5 units every single attack.

As far as others having the "No Casualty Glitch" - I've been lucky enough to not fall prey to those repeated attacks. I still think that my uber high Defense Skill Points make me a less tasty target than anyone else at my level. A I keep preaching - that invisible Razor Wire defense is so prickly like a porcupine that even if someone takes a bite out of you - their mouth is bleeding from all the spikes. I did have someone about a month ago tell me I was putting off about 350 BP but they were experiencing high casualty rates.

So back on the attack side - I can usually go 200 or more attacks without a loss with my careful attack strategy. However, recently I was going all out on some attacks and over the course of 2 days - had 3 unit losses - ALL 3 were Transport Raiders - and then I lost a 4th one in a lost raid - so 4 TR's in 4 losses - which they are supposed to have a "Low" casualty rate - and I still have over 800 SH's out of my 2000 units I take into battle - so I sent in a ticket to ask why the TR has a casualty rate that seems to be unusually high in this scenario and I got the same standard blow off message: "you must have just been extremely unlucky and these units appear to have been lost in normal play so they cannot be restored". I wrote V back and said "I'm calling BS on this one" and gave him the lowest possible score in every area on the feedback link I got after the ticket was closed.

So whether or not the "Casualty Glitch" can be proven - either me having a "High Casualty Glitch" or others having a "Low Casualty Glitch" - I have found my own work around system that I am comfortable with to virtually eliminate all casualties when I attack carefully chosen targets.

So the trick is - look for rank first with targets near your level - or higher rank when you are attacking people 40 levels below - but then the final test is to keep an eye on the BP given out with each attack - as for me - that is STRONGLY related to how the allusive casualty formula operates. And for your comparison notes - I only have 85 to Attack Skill points - so this isn't slanted with over 300 Attack like some others have done (I have instead stacked my defense points).

Please report back if you try my method and see different results. I already have the "McDoc method" for winning the 10 Crate events - would much rather have this helpful "McDoc method" to avoid casualties.

Good Luck!

So thanks to Gree not yet fixing this glitch turns players to cherry Pickers

Dutchie
11-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Battle Points.

It's more or less an attack score.

Doh! In the Rankings of course. Now the first post makes perfect sense. Muchos gracias for the prompt answer and sorry for the dumb question in my hijack post.

Dutchie
11-21-2012, 10:06 AM
I can't start my own thread but I thought this thread would be most relevant as it is to do with casualties. When one attacks and checks the battle result it will let you know if you have lost a unit, but how do you check which unit it is? Same if someone attacks you and you lose some units because you cannot see the result of that battle in the News list.

I first check my attack/defense scores to see if they are the same but one might still lose a unit which doesn't affect these scores and not know which one you lost as a casualty. So to really find out which unit I have lost, I have to go through all the units and check their numbers or am I just being dumb again! I find it really annoying having to check each time I attack and lose a unit or get attacked which is quite often... lol

My last question and I would have created a new thread on this one, but I can't!

I now understand why the IPH is so much higher in MW than CC.

Thanks to all the seniors of this forum in advance for your helpfulness!

dledour
11-21-2012, 10:46 AM
I know ALL the details. It is a glitch, you are right there. Though he is intentionally exploiting it in order to take revenge on players who have been attacking him. The reason he is even able to take advantage of it is for wrong/unauthorized reasons.

It is a glitch that is only available to a certain, small group of players (I won't explain who and how). For that reason alone, it should be reported, the units should be requested to be removed and he should refrain from attacking/raiding until they are removed.

Not only is he not refraining from attacking/raiding, he is still farming these units! If he's Beta testing, not only should they be removed, but he should be as well from the program as well.

I can't believe Gree hasn't suspended his game already.

mickymacirl
11-21-2012, 10:56 AM
i get the feeling this is a glitch only available to beta testers.

albeezy
11-21-2012, 11:08 AM
I can't start my own thread but I thought this thread would be most relevant as it is to do with casualties. When one attacks and checks the battle result it will let you know if you have lost a unit, but how do you check which unit it is? Same if someone attacks you and you lose some units because you cannot see the result of that battle in the News list.

I first check my attack/defense scores to see if they are the same but one might still lose a unit which doesn't affect these scores and not know which one you lost as a casualty. So to really find out which unit I have lost, I have to go through all the units and check their numbers or am I just being dumb again! I find it really annoying having to check each time I attack and lose a unit or get attacked which is quite often... lol

My last question and I would have created a new thread on this one, but I can't!

To see which you lose when attacking a rival scroll down to the bottom of the battle result screw where you see the top 45 units you bring to battle. Losses from attacks on you are only visible from your newsfeed

Fl@sh
11-21-2012, 11:24 AM
I can't believe Gree hasn't suspended his game already.I can... You can too. Remember the company we're dealing with.

Dutchie
11-21-2012, 11:27 AM
To see which you lose when attacking a rival scroll down to the bottom of the battle result screw where you see the top 45 units you bring to battle. Losses from attacks on you are only visible from your newsfeed

Thanks albeezy! Never thought of scrolling down to the bottom. It would have been better to have the losses at the top but me thinks this is wishful thinking.

Dutchie
11-21-2012, 11:38 AM
i get the feeling this is a glitch only available to beta testers.

Beta testers should really be playing in a separate environment created specifically for testing MW 3.0. This is how it is normally done. I suspect Funzio/Gree is quite a small gaming company so they don't have the resources to create a separate environment due to cost restraints. If they do have beta testers on the same environment then once testing is over they should put the player back to the same settings before testing started as not to give them an unfair advantage.

Maybe the guy has found a hack? It isn't that difficult to hack games on the iPhone once you have jailbroken the device. A lot of the information is kept in plaintext or hex files that can be easily modified to gain an advantage. Hacking games is nothing new and quite common. Plenty of Utube videos that show how to do this although 90% of them don't work or the gaming software company has closed the loop hole.

Lift Ticket
11-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Not only is he not refraining from attacking/raiding, he is still farming these units! If he's Beta testing, not only should they be removed, but he should be as well from the program as well.

I can't believe Gree hasn't suspended his game already.

I believe it's been corrected now, I don't see the 2000+ mig21's in his inventory no more.

Dutchie
11-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Gree need to publish the algorithm.

When you don't how something is supposed to work, we can't tell whether its broken or not.

Never going to happen! It is their IPR (Intellectual Property Rights).

Dutchie
11-21-2012, 11:52 AM
I believe it's been corrected now, I don't see the 2000+ mig21's in his inventory no more.

Sounds like Gree did listen then. With the potential of millions of players for a game like this, sometimes it takes time before they work through the backlog of issues/complaints from gamers.

Reading this forum it seems people have genuine grief with Gree. I suspect they are overwhelmed and understaffed.

Corsair
11-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Yes it was related to the beta, and yes it has been corrected and the units removed.

albeezy
11-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Yes it was related to the beta, and yes it has been corrected and the units removed.
Now the question is have the Pirates stopped?

Shinazueli
11-21-2012, 12:24 PM

This ones an easy one. When you see the little skull icon on the battle results screen, scroll down.

You should see a units lost section. I am able to click on the unit lost and repurchase it from the battle screen, and then click 'attack again'.

Dutchie
11-21-2012, 12:24 PM

Another mystery solved! Having beta testers in the same environment as live gamers sounds like a recipe for disaster. When you cut corners...

albeezy
11-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Gambit said it was a glitch. It was. It has been fixed. Show your support. I did.

Speed, call off the onslaught of attacks on Gambit please.

I encourage the rst of you to show your support for Gambit. I did!
http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/17/56/93/28/show_y10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=115&u=17569328)

To any Pirates that read this, this is not intended as a threat. We all know I do not have the stats or army to beat any of you guys. I just don't want to see Gambit lose a lot of units over a misunderstanding. That is all

Agent Orange
11-21-2012, 12:45 PM
I should point out that those playing MW on Android will not see rankings or get battle points. I would suspect that once Gree adds this into the Android app that it won't be retro active but that would sure be nice. Otherwise you may need to stop doing PvP as well until the game catches up to you.

Dutchie
11-21-2012, 12:48 PM
This ones an easy one. When you see the little skull icon on the battle results screen, scroll down.

You should see a units lost section. I am able to click on the unit lost and repurchase it from the battle screen, and then click 'attack again'.

Thanks! albeezy beat you to the answer though :-)

If only they listed the casualties at the top of the battle report! At least I now know how to replenish the lost units a lot easier now.

Happy gaming!

Miner
11-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Gambit said it was a glitch. It was. It has been fixed. Show your support. I did. Speed, call off the onslaught of attacks on Gambit please.
I encourage the rst of you to show your support for Gambit. I did!

Beezy - I gotta disagree here. I contacted Gambit 3 times via PM yesterday telling him how I felt about his choice to exploit this glitch to get some revenge against players who had attacked him. He had no absolutely no regard for my advice and I'm not convinced he reported the problem or would have ever reported the problem on his own. From what he's told me, he wasn't formally asked into the beta program and was given access to the beta without authorization. Then he exploited a glitch purely for revenge and is trying to start up another war between Royal Navy and PUN.

If he was a legitimate beta tester, and this was a glitch he encountered, immediately reported to support and asked them to remove the units, and avoided PvP until the units were removed (like I suggested he do via PM), I would have a completely different opinion on the matter. That's what a responsible beta tester should do in this situation.

It would be nice if PUN stopped the relentless attacks, but I doubt they will. I'm glad to see support didn't shut down Gambit's game - though I'm also really surprised they didn't.

albeezy
11-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Beezy - I gotta disagree here. I contacted Gambit 3 times via PM yesterday telling him how I felt about his choice to exploit this glitch to get some revenge against players who had attacked him. He had no absolutely no regard for my advice and I'm not convinced he reported the problem or would have ever reported the problem on his own. From what he's told me, he wasn't formally asked into the beta program and was given access to the beta without authorization. Then he exploited a glitch purely for revenge and is trying to start up another war between Royal Navy and PUN.

If he was a legitimate beta tester, and this was a glitch he encountered, immediately reported to support and asked them to remove the units, and avoided PvP until the units were removed (like I suggested he do via PM), I would have a completely different opinion on the matter. That's what a responsible beta tester should do in this situation.

Some of that is "new" information to me. So let me try and clarify what I meant above.

I agree Gambit should not have used the units to seek revenge on the G man (an ally of mine), and if that player wants to attack him back, he has the stats to do so.

I am referring to the non-stop attacks on players he still cant defeat who are simply attacking because they say he was hacking. I am not saying what Gambit did was right or that retaliating against him for his attacks is not warranted. Like I said, if he sought revenge on the G man, the G man can now show Gambit who the real boss is.

But I dont think he attacked Kampu Gacha or the Grinch or others. They dropped allies to go see what he was doing and then started bombing him. The units are removed and he is no longer a threat to the G man so he can retaliate for as long as he wants. No problem with that or with anyone that Gambit sought revenge on attacking back. But htere are some that are going to attack him who are simply "jumping" in because a friend/ally, whatever, was being retaliated against. That is no longer necessary. His stats are in the mid 40s now.

To be clear, if Gambit used the MG21s to seek revenge for someone attacking him, retaliate all day, he deserves it. But I do not think that other players need to continue to hit him now that the units are gone.

Dutchie
11-21-2012, 01:07 PM

If what you say is true then it was very naughty of him. He's been neutered now but it sounds that you still want to exact revenge on him.

Miner
11-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Some of that is "new" information to me. So let me try and clarify what I meant above.I agree Gambit should not have used the units to seek revenge on the G man (an ally of mine), and if that player wants to attack him back, he has the stats to do so. I am referring to the non-stop attacks on players he still cant defeat who are simply attacking because they say he was hacking. I am not saying what Gambit did was right or that retaliating against him for his attacks is not warranted. Like I said, if he sought revenge on the G man, the G man can now show Gambit who the real boss is. But I dont think he attacked Kampu Gacha or the Grinch or others. They dropped allies to go see what he was doing and then started bombing him. The units are removed and he is no longer a threat to the G man so he can retaliate for as long as he wants. No problem with that or with anyone that Gambit sought revenge on attacking back. But htere are some that are going to attack him who are simply "jumping" in because a friend/ally, whatever, was being retaliated against. That is no longer necessary. His stats are in the mid 40s now. To be clear, if Gambit used the MG21s to seek revenge for someone attacking him, retaliate all day, he deserves it. But I do not think that other players need to continue to hit him now that the units are gone.I hear what you're saying. On the flip side, exploiting a glitch to go after PUN is like hooking jumper cables to a car battery then clipping them to your balls and being surprised when your testicles turned into a puddle of goo.

Was that too graphic of an analogy?! ;)

albeezy
11-21-2012, 01:41 PM
I hear what you're saying. On the flip side, exploiting a glitch to go after PUN is like hooking jumper cables to a car battery then clipping them to your balls and being surprised when your testicles turned into a puddle of goo.

I totally agree with your analogy. Your description was so graphic I wonder if you are retelling it from personal experience? It definitely sums up the level of stupidity Gambit's little plan had. I told him not to exploit it against players that he would surely lose to if and when they were removed.

I think the thing that bothers me is this, Gambit got beat down fair and square by certain players with far superior stats. Totally legit and no complaints. Gambit took advantage of his "situation" to unfairly seek revenge. BIG PROBLEM. Some players stepped in to try and stop him. No problems here either.

But then, his advantage is taken away and he cant hurt anyone anymore even if he wanted to and yet "the help" keeps coming to pound him. I know that when you mess with one pirate you mess with them all and that is fine and well. They can do what they want. I just feel bad for Gambit. The Pirates will do a little bloodletting and then eventually it will subside I guess.

It reminds me of when Gambit was posting whether to hit a cash cow or not and I told him, if you have the stats to do it with no consequences then do it. If you don't or there will be consequences then dont. Retaliation is a *****. Apparently he didnt listen and is going to have to learn the hard way.

Miner
11-21-2012, 01:44 PM
I totally agree with your analogy. Your description was so graphic I wonder if you are retelling it from personal experience? It definitely sums up the level of stupidity Gambit's little plan had. I told him not to exploit it against players that he would surely lose to if and when they were removed.I think the thing that bothers me is this, Gambit got beat down fair and square by certain players with far superior stats. Totally legit and no complaints. Gambit took advantage of his "situation" to unfairly seek revenge and some players stepped in to try and stop him. No problems here either. But then, his advantage is taken away and he cant hurt anyone anymore even if he wanted to and yet the help keeps coming to pound him. I know that when you mess with one pirate you mess with them all and that is fine and well. They can do what they want. I just feel bad for Gambit. The Pirates will do a little bloodletting and then eventually it will subside I guess.It reminds me of when Gambit was posting whether to hit a cash cow or not and I told him, if you have the stats to do it with no consequences then do it. If you don't or there will be consequences then dont. Retaliation is a *****. Apparently he didnt listen and is going to have to learn the hard way.True. I can't imagine the beating his base has and is taking. Maybe he'll listen to you. Tell him to drop allies so only his gold units are in battle. Then wait it out.

Oh. And sorry to jump ugly on you so quick. This has got me worked up a bit!

Fl@sh
11-21-2012, 01:47 PM
That's what the pirates do beezy, beat you down until you quit or surrender. I think G12 tried to surrender, however it is a little late. I also believe G12 hit a certain "Reindeer" fellow probably not knowing who it was.

albeezy
11-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah, its all good. Like I said, he will just have to learn the hard way. He should have known better, should have not done it, I tried to warn him. Now he will have to learn his lesson. On the bright side, for this particular life lesson, he couldnt have chosen a better teacher

Speed ump
11-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Love the analogy guys. That's pretty much right on the money. You can't control the situations other people put themselves in, so don't go feeling sorry for them. He obviously did not listen or understand that when you attack a player of our strengths, even if you added enough high value units to be even stronger than that, you cannot possibly do any damage. We are all gold, and most of us have no money buildings to take advantage of. And the ones who do do t give a hoot about the money, it's just bait for those of lesser minds. I've had billions of dollars on hand in the past, and when someone could finally hit me and get some, then I would spend it on cash unit's that I could not possibly use to make it go away. Now they've fallen into my trap. It takes them a while to figure out that they did not force me into doing that, it was all a trap to begin with. I could do that over and over, there never seems to be a shortage of the dim witted. Only problem now is that I'm too strong, so I play other games to keep doing the same thing. It never gets old.

Dutchie
11-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Excellent tip for him and funny analogy. Every action usually ends up in a reaction, so by the sounds of it he probably deserved it if he tried to gain an unfair advantage in order to retaliate.

Maverick50727
11-21-2012, 02:10 PM
I hear what you're saying. On the flip side, exploiting a glitch to go after PUN is like hooking jumper cables to a car battery then clipping them to your balls and being surprised when your testicles turned into a puddle of goo.

It is with deep regret, but I have to back Miner and some of the others. Officially he is out of REG currently pending further review and can reapply later if he can provides evidence and intent of his actions. This decision was not my own and came from input of at least 10 REG members and outside sources. This is not only about a glitch and possibly exploiting to take revenge, but he also showed intent to recruit war against PUN from not only REG, Royal Navy and others. Paired with other information also, action was taken by other in my group while I was away and I support that action until things can be shown otherwise. Gambit will have his chance to defend his choices. If innocent he has our sincere apologies, but actions and code of conduct are being reviewed to address this and was recommended from me in the very start. When someone is approved to our group they are given access to our resources and the very first they read contained the following section, I quote:

"Code of Conduct:
At this time there is no official code of conduct or group charter, but we could develop one if required at a later date. I respectfully ask that we conduct ourselves with honor and integrity and also try to select candidates that we feel live up to our expectations and morals if possible. I would be against willfully having any cheaters/hackers in our ranks like I’m sure you may agree with."

Prior to this ban action I had already reiterated a need today for a charter and ask for suggestions from the group to for a charter or guidelines for the group. This should not be seen as weakness in our organization, but strength and morals of those on the team to take action if needed. Due to the holidays I’m away but will try to reach out to Gambit directly also to clear up the reasons around the group’s decision at this time if he has any.

Speed ump
11-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Beezy, there's more to it than hacking. Miner seems to have more of a grasp, and there's even more. I won't go I to details, but I do agree with their issues with gambit. I do t feel sorry for him, as he has painted himself into this corner. This is something that he's going to have to work out himself at this point. I know some of you want to try to help a friend, but you havnt been given the whole story and issues involved. I'm like miner, if you try to give some good advice, and then they ignore it and go do something stupid, don't come crying to me when it blows up in your face. In the end this is a war game and many of us , including myself in several of my games, can't stand up to more powerful players. I accept this, and either move on, or I will antagonize the stronger player, knowing full well that my butt will keep getti g handed to me. No one has ever seen me cry, whine, moan, or groan, wince, or anything else because someone has come after me in any of my games. I take my lumps just like any other player, and as I am sometimes hard headed and won't let things go, some of the players know my base real well. I enjoy the fact that I've gotten under their skin, and it's just another angle on the game.its why I play.game on, win or lose, game on

albeezy
11-21-2012, 02:41 PM
So I appear to have spoke too soon and in view of recent information that has come to my attention I now have one less ally. AdmirAL BEEZY does not roll like that nor does he roll with people like that. You have been warned

Vballmadam
11-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Wow...what a thread! Shopping and cooking for Thanksgiving so have not been on today. What an eye opener! Integrity is the best gift anyone can have. I am so sorry to hear that someone I trusted is now not worthy of my trust. I have a big heart and can forgive but it will be a long road to regain my trust.

Poopenshire
11-21-2012, 03:02 PM
I have temporarily removed him from the guild group. He can gain entry at a later point when everyone feels he has redeemed himself.

Mcdoc
11-21-2012, 03:22 PM
I only learn of REG 2 days ago. Felt kinda slighted that none of my friends included me. I understand that during the original formation I was under fire from PUN & you didn't want to get drawn into battle - but I was only in the crosshairs for about 2 weeks & was able to be a Diplomat & secure alliances that got me out of the line of fire quickly - which that within itself is a stronger battle skill than revenge. I Hope to be included at some point - but truly feel like I've been left out of a cool experience. I would have been an eager candidate to join the Pirates because of the immense respect I have for their organization, integrity, camaraderie, and overall respect. REG seems to have been the Forum equivalent & I guess I didn't have the respect from my peers that I thought I had earned. That being said - that will be the only thing I will say about it & move on. I hind sight - I now completely understand why some members never asked about the VFF since they already had a bond with wanting to be on another faction. I'll just put my head down & move forward with my work on getting the VFF organized for the Greatest Good of the Greatest Number.

Edit: this post has nothing to do with the VFF & REG factions in MW3 - I misunderstood the nature of another topic that I thought was being openly discussed.

Miner
11-21-2012, 03:53 PM
McDoc - I really hope that's not how you truly feel. I don't think it was the intention to exclude you at all. I have nothing but respect for you. Honestly.

Poopenshire
11-21-2012, 04:02 PM
I am sure it will all wash out in the end. Remember team first. How many time has Speed ump told us about teams not having the common ground nor determination to stick together to mount a challange to PUN. Now I Dont expect us to challange PUN, but by god we will give every team hell out there. We need to work for the good of the team. The REGs need to remember this first and foremost. We must put all differences aside amd concentrate on making us a viable team.Thanks for your time.

Speed ump
11-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Hey doc, it seems you are saying that the pirates are attacking you? I'm not aware of that issue, and maybe it's a personal beef somehow, but no one has even mentioned your name. Most of us are cooling our heels during the boycott.

Hivesy
11-21-2012, 04:23 PM
@ miner, don't worry about my pm I've worked it out thanks
@ McDoc, my memory of the REGs is that you posted about the VFF first and Mav came back same day ish and said about the REGs. There have been threads up here about them since. Seems to me you wouldn't have been asked because you set up the VFF first. VFF rules by the way and I'm really looking forward to you and poop coming back to us with some teams worked out.

are you going to keep the VFF Euro team that I had suggested or are we going to be VFF teams 1-5?

Ps actually what about VFF - REG? Makes sense doesn't it. Wouldn't you REG members want to come under the VFF banner so we are one big family?

Poopenshire
11-21-2012, 04:37 PM
We will work this out. And it wont be dictated to anyone this will be a team. I will talk with McDoc and Mav after the holiday. We just need time. I also neesld everyone who wants to take part register in the guild. Mav will let me know who is in the REGs for the initial start up and we will expand from there. Right now I am looking at 5 or 6 teams to start.

Mcdoc
11-21-2012, 04:51 PM
@Speed - I was referencing some attacks back in July - and obviously I have gotten the REG team lead by Mav mixed up with something else. My bad - I thought the discussion on Gambit had turned to another topic. And please forgive me for breaking the first rule of a Fight Club.

But to address the VFF & REG - we are working together - but that will be the topic of a different thread.

Hivesy
11-21-2012, 04:57 PM
We will work this out. And it wont be dictated to anyone this will be a team. I will talk with McDoc and Mav after the holiday. We just need time. I also neesld everyone who wants to take part register in the guild. Mav will let me know who is in the REGs for the initial start up and we will expand from there. Right now I am looking at 5 or 6 teams to start.

When you say register Poop do you mean fill out your stats etc in the thread in the VFF group? Or have I missed an all together more professional registration form of some sort? :)

As you say this will work out and it seems daft that there would be different factions amongst us forum members. There will of course be different teams, just to be able to fit everyone in, but we should all be in the same faction is the way I feel about it.

I'm loyal to McDoc's VFF idea as to be fair it was the first one floated. Truth is however I don't care what we're called, forum fairies for all I care, but the fun will be in doing this together.

With a spread of strengths across the teams we can place all our teams in prize winning positions surely? Apart from two nautical teams I can think of who on earth would be stronger?

Poopenshire
11-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Hivesy, yes we need everyones information in the proper thread there is so much work to do before we can even offer up teams for people. we do need to have the final details of what the events will be like. I only have 52 of the 90 people that accepted our guild. I still ahve atleast 20 more that have not accepted yet.

I am sorry communication is scant at this point but we really don't know much about what is going on. we only know the basics. I will communicate more once the holidays are done.

Ryans67
11-21-2012, 08:55 PM
I go see a movie and do some shopping and miss all kinds of drama!

And just to throw in my two pennies....every guild is fighting for second place if the pirates compete. Lol.

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Looks like our topic on ethics dissappeared completely

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Ethics?
Oh, pshaw you say.
Ethics are not allowed in "certain games".

Mcdoc
11-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Looks like our topic on ethics dissappeared completelyI just notice the exact same thing.

Poopenshire
11-22-2012, 04:47 PM
I thought i was hallucinating.

Corsair
11-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Well that was weird. I saw a thread on ethics and Gambits apology thread had disappeared. Now it's the other way around.

Edit: and now it's switched again...

Gambit12
11-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Cause they all over me like thirsty mad dogs. Its like the same in the game, they curse at you...

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-22-2012, 06:07 PM
That's NOT the way I heard it or saw it.

I saw the whiner had spammed another player's wall with these symbols ".........."

The miscreant did it at least 20 odd times.

Cause they all over me like thirsty mad dogs. Its like the same in the game, they curse at you...

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Curse at you? Really? Now you want to compound lies with more lies. I havnt even looked in the last few hours, but I know better than that. Gambit do you really expect anyone to believe you? So I suppose that justifies hacking again. Mom, David looked at me the wrong way, so i put a hatchet in his head. Even if someone had cursed you, it doesn't justify those actions. More ethical issues. It's called character flaw. As so many others have tried to advise you, mcdoc said lay low, keep quiet. As before, you have chosen to ignore good advice.

Gambit12
11-22-2012, 06:55 PM
People get defensive lately cause what i said is true. You believe me or not its all up to you...

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm sorry, I seem to have missed something. What you said is true? Please explain what it is you said that was true. That seems to be the part I missed. You deleted what you did not want others to see in your other thread,like you are doing in the game. I have always left all posts on my board, no matter how offensive, or how much the poster believed he was letting others know about all my evil misdeeds. I have nothing to hide, you may read it all good or bad, believe what you wish about any or all of it. I've done nothing I'm ashamed or embarrassed about. I'm sure I've pushed the boundaries of this game well beyond what it's creators ever intended it to be, with the help of a few good friends. At no time have I come close to cheating, or felt the need to. I have been banned once from posting, for spamming an opponent , who is now one of the founding members of the pirates, in order to wipe one of my allies off his board. I did my time, took my punishment, and At the time i honestly was not aware of the term spamming, and that it was against the rules. i had it done to me by another player shortly before that, and used the same thing myself to protect my ally.This is the worst of my crimes. I'm not sorry I did it, and my opponent took it as an opportunity to use it against me, as he should have. Had I known about the rule at the time, I would have thought of other tactics to accomplish my goal. I never complained to or about him doing it at any time. I think it's only fair to list any wrongs I may have done if I'm going to speak out about what others may have done.

Hondo
11-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Holy Cow! I just now managed to fully catch up on the events of the past few days. Wow. That answered a lot of questions. Speechless.

Mcdoc
11-22-2012, 07:57 PM
I guess the first time I posted this in the other thread it got ignored:

An apology plus retreat = humility & sincerity

Trust me - people will speak healing words in your silence.

Arguing back with people - trying to defend the indefensible - trying to justify, clarify, blame, or get revenge - or even just joking around - only takes away the humility & sincerity & makes the apology less meaningful.

It's time to heal - in silence :)

Wdigeorge
11-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Good advice McDoc but I am afraid your words are falling on deaf ears.

Arguing back with people - trying to defend the indefensible - trying to justify, clarify, blame, or get revenge - only takes away the humility & sincerity & makes the apology less meaningful.

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Great advice doc, it seems hes bent on ignoring any good advice, and much was given by many good people along the way. Hes going to do it the hard way it seems. Hope that works out for him, though for the life of me i dont see how.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Sorry, your words fall on one too blind to see, too dumb to seek knowledge, and too full of his grandiose visions of victory to care.

That said, will the one that gave him the hack stand up?

Or, do I have to out him?

I, contrary to popular belief, don't condone stealing in any form.

That includes hacking and corporate greed.

Arguing back with people - trying to defend the indefensible - trying to justify, clarify, blame, or get revenge - or even just joking around - only takes away the humility & sincerity & makes the apology less meaningful.

Corsair
11-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Gambit, McDoc is right. The PUN crew is right too. Stop digging the hole deeper.

I, contrary to popular belief, don't condone stealing in any form.I don't think anyone believes you do.

Speed ump
11-22-2012, 08:35 PM
If i ever did something so heinous i would at least make sure not to do it in pjs jurisfiction. I could never face him if i did that. I would probably ignore my lawyers advice, admit my guilt to him, and throw myself on the mercy of the court. I better get my affairs in order first though, i think id be spending a long while away from home.

Ericinico
11-22-2012, 08:55 PM
I know a guy who can attack people, lose the fight, and still keep all his units