PDA

View Full Version : Do your own attacks cause you to become too beat up for attack by other players?

Illuminati
11-12-2012, 02:47 PM
I very rarely camp anyone and once I've attacked someone 10 times, I move on to the next person. Recently, someone robbed me of a considerable amount of money during the whole daylight savings fiasco when my buildings got robbed before the the collection notification even popped up. I went to their hood and was pleased to see in their profile that they were a no-banker and their defense was less than my attack. Only problem was...I couldn't attack them because they were too beat up.

Since the player was in my news feed, I kept going back to their hood frequently hoping to catch him when he wasn't too beat up but no luck. I'm wondering...is that because the guy is constantly attacking others to keep himself too beat up for revenge? Or are others simply attacking him before I get to him first?

PawnXIIX
11-12-2012, 02:51 PM
I very rarely camp anyone and once I've attacked someone 10 times, I move on to the next person. Recently, someone robbed me of a considerable amount of money during the whole daylight savings fiasco when my buildings got robbed before the the collection notification even popped up. I went to their hood and was pleased to see in their profile that they were a no-banker and their defense was less than my attack. Only problem was...I couldn't attack them because they were too beat up.

Since the player was in my news feed, I kept going back to their hood frequently hoping to catch him when he wasn't too beat up but no luck. I'm wondering...is that because the guy is constantly attacking others to keep himself too beat up for revenge? Or are others simply attacking him before I get to him first?

When I'm doing goals, I attack many different players and then usually within 10 minutes somebody is stupid enough to hit revenge. They always lose, but I think players either don't care or aren't online in your case. You don't become too beat up when doing your own attacks, no. Players just got to him first.

Ballerado
11-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't know if it works that way but wouldn't he have been dropping 30k every time he lost on purpose? I'm guessing he has a lot of people that hit him up if he is a no banker. Maybe its just really hard to get a piece of players like that. I'm very curious to find out if you can keep your own character beat up though.

Paulio
11-12-2012, 02:58 PM
I know you can attempt 20 failed attacks before the stronger opponent is too beat up. Then, I think you are also too beat up to fight.

Illuminati
11-12-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't know if it works that way but wouldn't he have been dropping 30k every time he lost on purpose? I'm guessing he has a lot of people that hit him up if he is a no banker. Maybe its just really hard to get a piece of players like that. I'm very curious to find out if you can keep your own character beat up though.

Well, that's ultimately what I'm wondering...if there's a way to keep yourself too beat up for attack by other players. This guy had like $25 million unbanked and his defense was only like 50k. My attack is around 56k which is lower than a lot of other higher level players but I liked my chances against him. I'd imagine that he'd be attacked by other players but if he kept getting hit for $30,000 each attack, you would think that it would eventually cause him to bank his money from the constant money loss.

He actually robbed me again this week and when I went to get revenge...he was too beat up to be attacked yet his unbanked money seems to remain consistent if not growing.

vitus79
11-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I know you can attempt 20 failed attacks before the stronger opponent is too beat up. Then, I think you are also too beat up to fight.

what you say here is after killing 20 TP losing every fight, both players are beat up? interesting..

Illuminati
11-12-2012, 03:08 PM

If what you say is true, couldn't a no-banker theoretically attack a much more powerful opponent 20 failed times just to keep themselves too beat up for attack?

PawnXIIX
11-12-2012, 03:11 PM
If what you say is true, couldn't a no-banker theoretically attack a much more powerful opponent 20 failed times just to keep themselves too beat up for attack?

What would the point of that be? He'd lose $600k instead of just losing $300k to an enemy

vitus79
11-12-2012, 03:12 PM

yes but its more costly, 300k and 10 losses every 2 hours vs 600k and 20 losses for the time awake and playing. i wouldnt do this.

Kissnight
11-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Hmm. Hope it helps.
One of my friends hit me 20 times yesterday...(one of my classmates....)
Then I hit back 10 times right after the news popup.

Illuminati
11-12-2012, 03:45 PM
What would the point of that be? He'd lose $600k instead of just losing $300k to an enemy

Oh, that's right. I completely forgot you lose money when you fail in an attack. That brings me back to my original inquiry then. Either this guy is being constantly attacked (and presumably losing $300k to enemies) while no-banking, or he's figured out a way to keep himself always too beat up for revenge.

PawnXIIX
11-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Oh, that's right. I completely forgot you lose money when you fail in an attack. That brings me back to my original inquiry then. Either this guy is being constantly attacked (and presumably losing $300k to enemies) while no-banking, or he's figured out a way to keep himself always too beat up for revenge.

Maybe you just got unlucky with your timing. If he's no banking, he'll be probably under a barrage of attacks from other players with having $25M out in the open :(

dudeman
11-12-2012, 05:22 PM
No-bankers who are careless enough to leave links for rivals strong enough to beat them are almost always too beat up. You wouldn't necessarily have to lose $600k to keep yourself too beat up, you'd just have to link players every now and then.

In theory, a group of players could no bank and attack each other to keep themselves too beat up. Each person would constantly have a link to the other player(s) hood, so they could run like a fight club deal. If you lose $300k every two hours to someone in the club, you woudn't care because you'd be scoring $300k from attacks on other members.

Why hasn't anyone started doing this yet? :confused:

nopenopenope
11-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Why hasn't anyone started doing this yet? :confused:I would assume the not-so-recent shortening of the news feed history made it significantly more difficult.

mxz
11-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Why hasn't anyone started doing this yet? :confused:Because no-bankers in the shark tank don't care enough about a measly $3.6M a day. A NC3 / NC4 pair make that much every 6 hours.

dudeman
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Because no-bankers in the shark tank don't care enough about a measly $3.6M a day. A NC3 / NC4 pair make that much every 6 hours.

No, of course they wouldn't care about the cash. It's not about loss prevention though.

I was thinking more along the lines of using this "fight club" to prevent unbanked cash from going towards actual rivals as opposed to keeping the wealth shared among members of this "fight club". You would lose the same amount regardless who it goes to, but would you rather your loss go to a friend who might pay you back, or some serial robber with a $40k IPH who doesn't even know how to use the cash in the first place?

Paulio
11-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Hmm. Hope it helps.
One of my friends hit me 20 times yesterday...(one of my classmates....)
Then I hit back 10 times right after the news popup.

Being too beat up to fight doesn't actually affect your ability to launch the attack.

nopenopenope
11-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Being too beat up to fight doesn't actually affect your ability to launch the attack.It does if you try to attack a foe stronger than you. You can't lose more than 3/10/20 yourself. Try it.

Euchred
11-12-2012, 07:56 PM
I might give a friend 600k every once in a while just for fun but ya 3.6 million a day is peanuts. I couldn't care less which rival gets my 3.6 million honestly.

Deluxe
11-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Also the game sucks sometimes and glitches and there is an issue w the local device communicating with the server so people stay beat up based on this glitch (or smthg like that, im not mxz or pawn or ram)
At lower levels where no one could touch me id go after people with 70-80k stats who i could easily handle but next to no one else could hit them and on numerous occasions these players presented as being too beat up all friggin day...never recovered and id be furious cuz they could rob me somehow but id come back every hour and NEVER find them in a state where i could effectively beat them up...wrote tickets and support acknowledged the glitch

Paulio
11-12-2012, 09:10 PM
It does if you try to attack a foe stronger than you. You can't lose more than 3/10/20 yourself. Try it.

I know, I do it all the time (lose 20 in a row, that is). What I meant is that you can lose to an opponent 20 times, then go pick a fight with someone else, provided you have enough bullets.

nopenopenope
11-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I know, I do it all the time (lose 20 in a row, that is). What I meant is that you can lose to an opponent 20 times, then go pick a fight with someone else, provided you have enough bullets.Right, someone else.