PDA

View Full Version : How should I spend my crime city gold?

Cricket
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm sure there are threads on this topic already and I have tried looking for them, but alas, here I am.
This Thread is to discuss the most efficient/effective way to spend crime city gold and to help those, like me, who have gold and don't know what to spend it on.
Currently I'm a level 25 with 28 gold in my inventory and only level up during boss events.
I can get around 10 gold a day by downloading and running apps, watching advertisements, and by visiting tapjoy.
So far I have four gold buildings (2 haunted mansions and 2 bodyguard agencies) and now am not sure where I should allocate the rest of my gold to, or rather, what to save up for.
The main questions for my situation is whether to:
(1) Save the gold to further advance myself in future boss events
(2) Save the gold for when I am a higher level and buy higher level buildings
(3) Buy Items... and if so what ones
(4) Save up for crates
(5) more low level cheap gold buildings... and if so, income or defense buildings

Any input is helpful!!

P.S. The henchmen joke is old guys... we get it. so don't suggest it.:cool:

PawnXIIX
11-12-2012, 01:02 PM
(1) Save the gold to further advance myself in future boss events
(2) Save the gold for when I am a higher level and buy higher level buildings
(3) Buy Items... and if so what ones
(4) Save up for crates
(5) more low level cheap gold buildings... and if so, income or defense buildings

1. Always a good option for spending on health packs.
2. Also not a bad idea, I approve.
3. No.
4. No.
5. See this post when thinking of the gold buildings to buy - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13183-Payout-algorithm-explained&p=63134&viewfull=1#post63134

Dipstik
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Have you thought about buying Henc... dammit!

Cricket
11-12-2012, 01:13 PM
1. Always a good option for spending on health packs.
2. Also not a bad idea, I approve.
3. No.
4. No.
5. See this post when thinking of the gold buildings to buy - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13183-Payout-algorithm-explained&p=63134&viewfull=1#post63134

Pawn-- Thanks! I'm leaning towards saving up and getting 2 smoke shops and putting more into health packs (limiting myself to no more than 50 gold an event) and saving the rest to go towards a pirate tavern or gentlemen's club or both

Have you thought about buying Henc... dammit!
I actually had you specifically in mind when I said that haha

PawnXIIX
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Pawn-- Thanks! I'm leaning towards saving up and getting 2 smoke shops and putting more into health packs (limiting myself to no more than 50 gold an event) and saving the rest to go towards a pirate tavern or gentlemen's club or both

I actually had you specifically in mind when I said that haha

If you can't beat him with just health packs, try to set up a level up and refills at the same time so that would give you an extra item. It's always worth it to get an extra item, as you progress the chances of getting rare items are higher than at the start.

dudeman
11-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Gold spent on money buildings seems kind of wasful when you could buy stats, however, gold spent on stats seems equally wasteful if you only have a limited amount of gold.

I haven't spent any gold in a long time. I keep earning it through Tapjoy because it's so easy I can do it while I #2, and it doesn't require any more effort than playing CC. I would consider spending it on auction events if they were 50/500, or if the 250/500 prize had a nice modifier that I could use.

With the current state of the game, however, not only am I entirely unmotivated to buy gold, I can't even find anything worthwhile on which to spend what I have accumulated. Oh well.

nopenopenope
11-12-2012, 01:19 PM
If not henchmen, then Goodfella to run them.

dudeman
11-12-2012, 01:22 PM
If not henchmen, then Goodfella to run them.

That's true, I'll second that. Go with Goodfella if you haven't already. Unless you're camping and are already Tycoon class.

Cricket
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm a camping tycooner already... will it add another 10% to my building though also?

PawnXIIX
11-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm a camping tycooner already... will it add another 10% to my building though also?

no it won't.

Sunsets
11-13-2012, 12:05 AM
This Thread is to discuss the most efficient/effective way to spend crime city gold and to help those, like me, who have gold and don't know what to spend it on.

I'd say just save your Gold for Holiday Specials. Who knows, maybe we'll get another "Haunted Mansion" type of opportunity come Thanksgiving or Christmas. Otherwise, the only other option I'd really consider is probably your first one.

nopenopenope
11-13-2012, 12:08 AM
I'd say just save your Gold for Holiday Specials. Who knows, maybe we'll get another "Haunted Mansion" type of opportunity come Thanksgiving or Christmas.Quit trying to entice little kids into your van...

bimmer kid
11-13-2012, 08:34 AM
^ lol yea thats what i would do. i wish i got the haunted mansion

Dipstik
11-13-2012, 08:56 AM
100 gold was too steep for tapjoy users.

bimmer kid
11-13-2012, 09:40 AM
^you are correct. but now i have just enough for one haha plus the videos earn gold quite quickly

Fairy Fay
11-13-2012, 03:38 PM
I never get the videos on tapjoy anymore.....I hardly get offers for things over 1 or 2 gold anyway.

nopenopenope
11-13-2012, 03:43 PM
I never get the videos on tapjoy anymore.....I hardly get offers for things over 1 or 2 gold anyway. I want more free stuff whenever I want! >: (

AWP
11-13-2012, 03:54 PM
I never get the videos on tapjoy anymore.....I hardly get offers for things over 1 or 2 gold anyway.
interesting. coz my tapjoy visiting offer keeps topup like every one hour.
very easy to get 10 gold without any downloaded offers every day.