PDA

View Full Version : data question

haywood
11-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Is there a way to manually update your data or is that strictly under the control of Gree? I don't know if it even matters but in the past I swear when people would post about New events or items showing up I wouldn't see them until after my data refreshed. It's normally about 2 days old but my data right now is 20121106_3. I did get that popup a week or so ago that said there is new data available do you want to download. Just curious as mine is almost a week old. Thanks!

jobadass
11-11-2012, 07:19 AM
IOS update in app store is occassionally available

mxz
11-11-2012, 07:20 AM
It updates automatically when the server tells the client there's a new dataset. Unless you never close the app you'll get a new dataset the second time you open the app after the update is posted.

haywood
11-11-2012, 07:52 AM
So is it normal to go a week? Like I said its normally only a couple of days old. Thanks for the replies!

mxz
11-11-2012, 07:55 AM
So is it normal to go a week? Like I said its normally only a couple of days old. Thanks for the replies!New data is posted maybe twice a week...more if there's a new or big event that has problems.

Ramshutu
11-11-2012, 08:25 AM
If you play on android, you sometimes find that the data isn't pushed as well as it could be (although they may have fixed some of this up). I remember that when I first started on android, my first event "started" with only 12 hours of the event remaining.

Doing a Data clear from the app settings menu (I wished that iOS had this option), and restarting the phone can help as it seems that restarting the app does not always get you data updates.