PDA

View Full Version : This must hurt !!!

Baraka
11-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Just look at the leaderboard and imagine how much money Gree are loosing. I was the first to say it might not work,but ive just been collecting and upgrading too. No gold or events.Hey they will miss all that dough.good work guys.

jeffrey
11-10-2012, 06:39 PM
We will let Greedy' accountant figure that; it was bringing in 5 mil a month before. And we save Ferr 7k Amero just this event alone.

But those dudes at crime city are going crazy with the current Chicago mob event, the dude named dravrk who demanded MW drama last week is like the leader.

megaants
11-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Like i said before, i doubt it would hurt GLEE much. company like this depends on micro transaction in order to make a profit. 7k isn't much when you compare the hundreds and hundreds of people who spend 50 bucks here and there.

Mad
11-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Like i said before, i doubt it would hurt GLEE much. company like this depends on micro transaction in order to make a profit. 7k isn't much when you compare the hundreds and hundreds of people who spend 50 bucks here and there.

But this is what is so puzzling for me, what Ferr spends alone on MW every month makes it worth GREE's time to fix the glitch. I mean even if it took a week of programming that would be well worth it considering what Gree is currently losing in income from Ferr alone.

It really doesn't make sense.

Corsair
11-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Just look at the leaderboard and imagine how much money Gree are loosing. I was the first to say it might not work,but ive just been collecting and upgrading too. No gold or events.Hey they will miss all that dough.good work guys.Sounds like government accounting to me. You can't lose something you never had.

Let me see if I can spell it out for y'all. Say you offer a new product or service and you base your revenue projections on 100 users spending $100 a month for a year, which you've determined as product life cycle. After 2 months you have 200 users spending $100 month, so your revenue is 100% higher than projected. Then for a couple of months you get 5 additional users spending $10,000 a month. Wow, nice! But they eventually leave, and you're back to 200 users at $100 a month. Oh darn, you're only at 100% over revenue again. Oh and since you hit your total revenue early your timeframe shortened and you are now in pure profit mode.

That is a gross oversimplification, and I have no way to know this scenario applies. Just something to think about when you consider if a "boycott" by less than .1% of players is very meaningful.

That said, there may be other plans, some of which have only been hinted at, that may prove more meaningful. If I am not mistaken, it lies around the problems with "chance". I'll leave it at that.

megaants
11-10-2012, 07:47 PM
But this is what is so puzzling for me, what Ferr spends alone on MW every month makes it worth GREE's time to fix the glitch. I mean even if it took a week of programming that would be well worth it considering what Gree is currently losing in income from Ferr alone.

not if what ferr is spending is barely 1% of their income. There are soo many player out there that are spending small amounts of money.

Ryans67
11-10-2012, 11:00 PM

To be honest, I think they have tried to fix the boosts, and can't figure it out. We may never find out the truth though.

General Soviet
11-10-2012, 11:11 PM
I don't know what percentage of Modern War's revenue is created by Ferr, but there are other players out there, maybe some who spend more than Ferr (hard to believe, though). Combine all of the money spent by players, chances are it would go far above. Though you're right, it must be hitting Gree hard. PJ's boycott is really effective!

mickymacirl
11-11-2012, 02:17 AM
To be honest, I think they have tried to fix the boosts, and can't figure it out. We may never find out the truth though.

From passed experience I think this is the mostly likely outcome, they cannot even fix simple bugs, let alone a complex bug.

Baraka
11-11-2012, 02:27 AM
From passed experience I think this is the mostly likely outcome, they cannot even fix simple bugs, let alone a complex bug.So true. They should just employ someone who actually knows wat they are doing.

Товарищ
11-11-2012, 03:59 AM
The time it would take me to learn TWO new programming languages (iOS one and JAVA), plus the time to fix most of the issues causing this boycott, I think is less than a month!
I base this on the simplicity of the issues and the simplicity of mathematical calculations that are needed for this game. Seriously, the more I think about it the more ridiculous this whole thing becomes! Sure, there can be server-client interaction code that isn't trivial, but still, it can't be THAT hard!
GREE has had like 6 months and several professional programmers.

Arizona
11-11-2012, 06:06 AM
Before you all start patting yourselves on the back for a job well done; remember, If the regular names don't want to play, it leaves the door open for others.

If you were a light-medium gold player before, and you saw the big names were out, it may give you the incentive to take part. In the past the thinking might have been "Why bother? There's no chance of me getting anywhere in the top 50, or 250 and I'll just go with free or cash opens". Now the thinking could be, "Hey, I'm only just out of the top 250. I can afford a few more resets, and I might just get that unit".
Non forum members that check the leaderboard could be encouraged by the lower numbers. The winning player will get the prize by spending less, but there could also be a lot more participants that just missed out on the lower prizes. This boycott might produce an unforeseen spending spree by the little players.

Just another way of looking at things.

LeBarticus
11-11-2012, 02:04 PM
That's exactly what i was thinking, Arizona. Equilibrium is inevitable due to the concentration gradient.

Guderian40
11-11-2012, 03:23 PM
If you compare the latest event figures with the former ones, I calculated about 20% less revenues from the events for GREE. Arizona, yes, some light gold players might take advantage, but GREE still loses a good amount of money by the boycott.

For the second question, I am not sure if GREE wants to tackle any issues at all or concentrate more on new app games (copying the old codes, adding some graphics, but no new game play). I even think they cannot solve the imbalance question anymore as it is too late for that (look at the values of the higher gold units or gold loots). GREE concentrates on short term profits and income and don't even care about keeping promises for heavy gold spenders as their most valuable customers.