PDA

View Full Version : New stats on the way?

Hivesy
11-07-2012, 03:33 PM
I just logged on to KA and an in game message said that certain unit stats had been increased to improve gameplay and to have fun! Sorry I didn't take a screenshot.

My boosted stats that I see on my profile have gone from 39k attack and 35k defence to 55k attack and 50k defence!

From what I can see most of the cash units now have increased stats, not sure about the gem units as I am a free player in KA. I collect flaming trebuchets for attack and have 600 of them. Their attack stat has gone from 40 to 60. I collect high priests for defence (600 of them again) and their defence stat has gone from 32 to 51. No small increase!

I wonder if the same will happen in MW?

LeBarticus
11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Noticed that too, I hope not, it's quite the game changer

Edit: they should probably introduce new units before editing stats on existing ones

ladyfizz27
11-07-2012, 03:38 PM
It was a very nice surprise! I'm hoping for the same in MW

manbeast
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
PLEASE do not change the stats of existing units!

This is a terrible move. I chose my nation, based my strategy, and invested hundreds of millions in game money on units based on the units stats, cost, and casualty rate.

How can you rip the foundation right out from under my strategy I've been working on for almost a year now!?

Give us new units. Do not change existing ones.

Hivesy
11-07-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm with you manbeast, give us new units, don't go changing what I've spent 9 months planning. However the KA stat increases seem to be fairly close % wise across the high units with the low units having less or no raise that I can see. Hoping it doesn't upset the balance as it should keep the status quo. You do have to ask however what was the point then?

Maybe they have just raised the value of cash units v gem units to balance the game more. Can any gem players in KA confirm that?

Mad
11-07-2012, 04:32 PM

This is a terrible move. I chose my nation, based my strategy, and invested hundreds of millions in game money on units based on the units stats, cost, and casualty rate.

How can you rip the foundation right out from under my strategy I've been working on for almost a year now!?

If they are increasing cash and valour units by the same percentage, it shouldn't change your strategy at all.

Dr. Dengus
11-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I think this was a KA specific thing only. There were some players who have seen these boosted stats for months, while others haven't. So they finally leveled the playing field for everyone. I'd be surprised if they did the same for MW, but then again I'd welcome the change. All the stat boosts seem pretty linear across the boards, so it wouldn't put your nation boost in jeopardy.

manbeast
11-07-2012, 04:39 PM
I have noticed no difference in my KA stats. No pop up either.

Baraka
11-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Aaaaaagh god damn. So long as my stats aren't reduced I hope you guys now get the same

asdfg12345
11-07-2012, 04:41 PM
people had the boosted stats in ka for months now so releasing to everyone else is not really unexpected. As far as I know, there is no one with boosted stats in mw

manbeast
11-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Got the pop up

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr230/mango259/4F7F1C60-A162-4F3E-A251-115F81A700E0-3282-000001469BBFBD69.jpg

Attack star went from 16k to 24k. Bout 50% boost. Wow. Hope the boss health stays the same! All be able to go all the way now. My main unit went from 34 attack to 51

All units won from previous boss events have increased stats as well.

Thief
11-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Soooo My stats Increased as did everyone elses. Based as a Percentage it looks like Defense went up slightly but all "Gem" Units increased as well so i guess it was only due to Different Accounts having Different Units Stats.

I don't see this coming over to MW to be honest nor would most players want to see it.

With that being said...Please Give us MORE Powerful Cash Units.

Warfiend
11-07-2012, 07:35 PM
If my guess is correct, that they did it to weaken the influence of weapons and armor, then they don't really have a reason to change things in MW.

General Soviet
11-07-2012, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't want stat changes for units, I would want new ones, preferably cash ones.

Hondo
11-07-2012, 08:08 PM
I too had this message, but my stats never changed.

Hivesy
11-08-2012, 09:01 AM
I too had this message, but my stats never changed.

were you one of the lucky ones that already had increased stats Hondo? They did test it on a few lucky individuals by all accounts. Did dragons have 70 attack before or 100+? They are 100 something now (not that I have any) but it's a way of checking your game.

Baraka
11-08-2012, 09:14 AM
were you one of the lucky ones that already had increased stats Hondo? They did test it on a few lucky individuals by all accounts. Did dragons have 70 attack before or 100+? They are 100 something now (not that I have any) but it's a way of checking your game.I had the boosted stats before and didnt get the message. So I presume us Lucky ones will not get a splash.

Reznor
11-08-2012, 03:32 PM

This. If Sea units get nerfed, then I'll be screwed.