PDA

View Full Version : New angle on this boycott....

Al Murkya
11-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Gree.......consider the following....

If it takes the threat of an effect on your bottom line in order to apply appropriate customer service (or, as some of the forum memebers would consider "appropriate customer service"), then I will not be boycotting.....I will throw this game and every other Gree backed game into the fire.

We are all customers (some of us pay...some of them don't). Why not keep us, the customer, where you are supposed to keep us....above your bottom line.

This is the world we live in......."HEAR US OR YOU WILL PAY!" I promise I am not knocking (or backing) this boycott. I simply have a much broader perspective.

CAPT.GIN
11-07-2012, 09:14 AM
i dont get you al... yesterday you were talking sh!t and calling us cry babys for boycotting and now your all for boycotting?

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-07-2012, 09:16 AM
i dont get you al... yesterday you were talking sh!t and calling us cry babys for boycotting and now your all for boycotting?

He's avoiding the boycott, and headed to a total ban. Works for me, because nothing will change.

Sugarymama
11-07-2012, 09:39 AM

Hey Gin. I could be wrong, but I think what Al is saying is screw the boycott; if you're fed up with Gree and it's unethical practices, just quit playing their games entirely. If you walk away, there is no way Gree will get another dime of your $$. And that's what will cripple them most--in the pocket.

Al Murkya
11-07-2012, 10:01 AM
You hit the nail on the head Sugarymama.

Capt. Gin.... Yesterday's rant was one that I wish I could un-post, however, what is done is done. That is that. After you re-read my post, I'm sure you realized that I am not boycotting, nor, at the moment, am I banning Gree.

As a long time participant in Modern War, I was frustrated beyond end that the forum was filled with boycott threads. Maybe not so much frustrated at the boycotters, but at the situation Gree created that created this boycott mess.

Gree, appreciate all of your loyal customers while you still have them. Don't wait until your pockets run dry to realize what you've got. This is a great game, with a loyal following.....but a dog will only be loyal for so long when it is repeatedly curb stomped by it's trusted owner.....

Sugarymama
11-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Gree, appreciate all of your loyal customers while you still have them. Don't wait until your pockets run dry to realize what you've got. This is a great game, with a loyal following.....but a dog will only be loyal for so long when it is repeatedly curb stomped by it's trusted owner.....

Ouch...that is a visual that I did NOT need..lol. Glad I could help clarify things. I'm with you. While I totally understand the reasons for the boycott, and support the endeavor, once players actually leave and don't come back (that is, until all the changes are implemented) we won't know how much this has impacted Gree. Unfortunately, some companies don't give a damn about customer service. This could be one of them.

Tctiger
11-07-2012, 12:08 PM
That'a fine if you want to leave but I really enjoy playing and one way or another I hope things will get sorted and the forum can get back to how it was , I play for free so it would be easy to walk away but I don't want to , if I had put a lot of money in I would feel even more let down , but I have put a lot of time in , the only good thing about the boycott is it has brought most together with one view for the good of the game . Also remember funzio got taken over by gree so it could be that the funzio staff may still be the same but are being told what to do by some bloke in Japan who doesn't have a clue about the game dynamics just the money it's making . I would think these little problems would be easy to fix for such a big company , they must be able to see that a happy forum and a smooth running game will be more profitable and last longer that's why it is so frustrating for people .