PDA

View Full Version : Speed ump announcing official participation in boycott.

Speed ump
11-07-2012, 06:38 AM
I'm sure everyone knows I am a part of this boycott, but had not previously announced that I was. I am happy to see so many in agreement and joining into this effort. Lets all work to keep this in motion, and not give in to a few freebies, or more promises of changes. Promises mean zero if they are not kept. We have been promised much, yet it has gone unfullfilled. The time for all that is past. It's time for us to see actions and results. Make these things that we ask for happens, and both parties will be happy. These thing are not overboard, or ridiculous. They are simply things that we should have had without even having had to ask, as part of a working product. I understand sometimes products can have defects, and also understand that I should give the manufactor of that product an oportunity to rectify the issues. I have, we have. I don't like confrontation, when I can avoid it. I see no other alternative, as I, we, many have made in total thousands of requests for clarification, and fixes, resolutions, etc, to these issues. I would even use the word negligent. I have been given word at times of forthcoming fixes to issues, in the end seeing nothing. We have exhausted the talk, the working with, and waiting methods. It's obvious to anyone that those things are not forthcoming without using some different methods to convince gree that these things are not only In Our best I intrests ,but theirs too.

iamnasty
11-07-2012, 06:40 AM
I'm sure everyone knows I am a part of this boycott, but had not previously announced that I was. I am happy to see so many in agreement and joining into this effort. Lets all work to keep this in motion, and not give in to a few freebies, or more promises of changes. Promises mean zero if they are not kept. We have been promised much, yet it has gone unfullfilled. The time for all that is past. It's time for us to see actions and results. Make these things that we ask for happens, and both parties will be happy. These thing are not overboard, or ridiculous. They are simply things that we should have had without even having had to ask, as part of a working product. I understand sometimes products can have defects, and also understand that I should give the manufactor of that product an oportunity to rectify the issues. I have, we have. I don't like confrontation, when I can avoid it. I see no other alternative, as I, we, many have made in total thousands of requests for clarification, and fixes, resolutions, etc, to these issues. I would even use the word negligent. I have been given word at times of forthcoming fixes to issues, in the end seeing nothing. We have exhausted the talk, the working with, and waiting methods. It's obvious to anyone that those things are not forthcoming without using some different methods to convince gree that these things are not only In Our best I intrests ,but theirs too.

Speed, welcome, cheers

Sugarymama
11-07-2012, 07:21 AM

If Speed Ump is on board then I know it's serious..:) Wow..

Best of luck Speed. I support you and hope that the right people hear this and take real action.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-07-2012, 07:27 AM
We knew where you've stood. But, your declaration should make it clearer for the deluded ones.

Vballmadam
11-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Coming together as one is crucial to get attention and have our voices heard!

I don't understand why everyone who plays this game wouldn't want to have a better game that is not only fun but fair.

Better communication
Tickets answered in a timely manner
Abolishment of cheaters and hackers
Working boosts
More money buildings
Higher stat units that we use cash on...etc.

This boycott is for the betterment of the game. Not to harass or threaten anyone.
Come join us in a controlled boycot for change. These are changes that are easily implemented and beneficial to ALL.

MadManDK
11-07-2012, 08:23 AM
This is what i call a visible boost. Nice to see more people coming forward in writing.

Fl@sh
11-07-2012, 09:20 AM
We are not asking too much.

Dhusagar
11-07-2012, 09:48 AM
We are not asking too much.

We are not asking for anything that should not be an intrinsic part of any decent game!

Ferr
11-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Nice timing speed ;). Preparing for further moves....

mickymacirl
11-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Ya how much gold do you have on hand?

Tctiger
11-07-2012, 12:21 PM

Well said . Sad but true.

Speed ump
11-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Micky, not sure why that would matter one way or another, my main game has a huge amount of gold, but I have more than one game, and some that have no gold at all at the moment. Out of four games, only one has decent gold, and it's the one I have been playing the least. I need to get some for those, for what I want to do, but it's just not going to happen at the moment. Maybe not for a long time, that remains to be seen. Maybe if I had one game and I had enough gold to last a long time, you might be thinking that my boycott won't mean much in terms of lost revenue for gree. We're asking even free players to join us. The reason for no attacks is to prevent other players from feeling the need to buy gold to build up, or for refills. The pirates have been a huge revenue stream from not only our own spending, but the spending that so many others have done to defend from us. All of the next biggest players in the game behind us did so because of battles with us. We are not attacking, so that others won't feel the need to spend

Xjarhead
11-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Coming together as one is crucial to get attention and have our voices heard!

I don't understand why everyone who plays this game wouldn't want to have a better game that is not only fun but fair.

Better communication
Tickets answered in a timely manner
Abolishment of cheaters and hackers
Working boosts
More money buildings
Higher stat units that we use cash on...etc.

This boycott is for the betterment of the game. Not to harass or threaten anyone.
Come join us in a controlled boycot for change. These are changes that are easily implemented and beneficial to ALL. well put, this appeals to everyone from free to the gold supporters.

jeffrey
11-07-2012, 06:54 PM

Damn, speed bump, you are like 3 or 4 days late. Hey, late is better than never, welcome aboard. :D

Mad
11-07-2012, 07:01 PM
The thing that puzzles me is for all the grief they have taken on these boosts, why don't they just fix them. I mean it makes absolutely no sense.

Speed ump
11-07-2012, 07:37 PM
You sure would think so. I agree completely.

Baz@UK
11-11-2012, 03:13 PM
I fully support the boycott, and are fully behind the UNITED front.
I have deleted my iTunes payment info, as I will not be purchasing any more gold.
I used up my last gold 3/4 into the 1st day of event, this was befor I knew anything of the boycott.
Ever since this time I have been opening box's using a mix of free and MW money.
I play around 16 - 20 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I'm an independent player, a few P.U.N and R.N members are my allies, also have some members that are friends who I chat with often.
I was told by by both P.U.N and R.N members it was ok for me to keep opening crates, even if it meant me staying in top 50 on leader board, which I appreciate.

The reason I have explained in detail the way I play the game and where I stand on the boycott.
Is I'm starting to get warnings that if at end of event, I still in top 50 I would look back on event and think was it worth it?
All I ask is would it be possible for someone to let me know 100% if it ok for me to continue to try to remain on leader board, using mix of free and MW money?
I look forward to hearing for you, thank you.
UNITED FRONT against Gree
Baz, level 200

Fl@sh
11-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Baz, nobody can force you to do anything. If you don't mind getting a unit that is more than likely broken, go for it. Everyone has their own way of boycotting, no buying gold, no attacking/raiding, etc. You choose how you wish to participate.

iamnasty
11-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Baz, nobody can force you to do anything. If you don't mind getting a unit that is more than likely broken, go for it. Everyone has their own way of boycotting, no buying gold, no attacking/raiding, etc. You choose how you wish to participate.

Flash, well said, that's the reason we needed you to be around, cheers

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-11-2012, 06:36 PM
I didnt know you were behind the boycott, but since you are I now realize that we must all consider it.
Thanks for clarifying your position.

SInce you are behind it, I am now confident that I should be as well.

Harry Tuttle
11-12-2012, 03:56 AM
I fully support the boycott, and are fully behind the UNITED front.
I have deleted my iTunes payment info, as I will not be purchasing any more gold.
I used up my last gold 3/4 into the 1st day of event, this was befor I knew anything of the boycott.
Ever since this time I have been opening box's using a mix of free and MW money.
I play around 16 - 20 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I'm an independent player, a few P.U.N and R.N members are my allies, also have some members that are friends who I chat with often.
I was told by by both P.U.N and R.N members it was ok for me to keep opening crates, even if it meant me staying in top 50 on leader board, which I appreciate.

The reason I have explained in detail the way I play the game and where I stand on the boycott.
Is I'm starting to get warnings that if at end of event, I still in top 50 I would look back on event and think was it worth it?
All I ask is would it be possible for someone to let me know 100% if it ok for me to continue to try to remain on leader board, using mix of free and MW money?
I look forward to hearing for you, thank you.
UNITED FRONT against Gree
Baz, level 200

You're one of those elite that, to a lowlife barely-spender like me, is just a name that I'll never interact with unless it's to get beaten up when I get to the HL. I'm so glad you made this post. Thank you... you just became a real person, instead of a user name, to this lowlife :) Too bad it had to happen right before Gree/Funzio implodes and we all go back to playing Tetris, huh?

Baz@UK
11-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Thank you all for your comments.

Yes the trueth is I would like this unit even if broken lol.
If I felt the game was as fair as it was when I began, I would do all I could to try and get it, even use gold.
But as I said I have decided that I not going to buy any more gold, not unless CLICHES ARE FIXED.
At moment I'm 19 below Leader board, so the only way to get back on board is gold, which I not have and not going to purchase either.
This is my way of committing to the boycott, as I hope that Gree will hear our views on the game with many problems now.
When I first started playing MW, there was no problems like there is now.
As the old saying goes "If you want someone to take notice of what your saying to them...hit them in the pocket!"
That's why my money is staying in MY pocket, not going into Grees already overflowing bank account.
You would think Gree would fix the cliches in the game, cause when people play a game that is fair to them, they enjoy the game more, and as we all know when your enjoying something, you don't mind paying a little (or in some cases a lot ) money to keep the enjoyment going.

Sorry for woferlin on.
Baz

Speed ump
11-12-2012, 11:19 AM
It appears there were a few players that really got into the boycott thing and trying to help out. It's been clarified now, and both baz and the others are aware of that. I have found that most of the players are in agreement with what we are doing once they understand it. I think some think we are trying to keep them from getting to the top in order for us to win. I just tell them anytime myself, ferr, or pirate enforcer wish to, we can win any or all the events, they can just look at past numbers to see this.

Vballmadam
11-12-2012, 11:28 AM
So if the boss event comes...even though we're boycotting...we can play but just don't buy or use gold?

jeffrey
11-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Now Baz is on board, who are zelylon and clinton? Are they aware of the boycott? It seems like these two raise the bar for everyone.

It is nice to see that the royal british navy fleet finally decides to drop out at the end, community pressure!

dledour
11-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Everyone can tell from the leaderboard that this boycott was successful. Heavy gold spenders ( well the Pirates anyway) and Ferr stayed away. We need to keep this going... Obviously there were people in the top 25 that told you they supported the gold boycott, but it obviously applied to you and not them.

Baz.. my hat is off to you! You walk the talk buddy, and that's the kind of player I want on my team!

Baz@UK
11-20-2012, 04:21 AM
Hi to all.

How's everyone doing? Hope all are doing well!
I still contine playing game, ( with keeping my money in my account NOT Grees )
So I still fully surpport boycott, but still do attacks, I think that's aloud? As Gree gets no money from me doing that.

Speed ump
11-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Each person has to decide foe themselves baz. No one is trying to dictate to anyone. Many of us are not attacking at all, some are in special cases, and some are with only free bullets. I would think if you do one hit on each player for missions, or Bp or to level up, that's ok. I seriously doubt that would make another player spend to get you back.but going after one or a few players might force them to try to spend to either defend or attack you back. That's why we are refraining from attacks during this.

Poopenshire
11-20-2012, 05:49 AM
I can say for certain the Pirates are not attacking much. I have been in the rival list with them many times and know people who are their enemies. of the few Pirates i know and have exposure to, they are not attacking. I am not sure why this is such a big deal anyway.

mickymacirl
11-20-2012, 06:09 AM
pirates are not attacking that i can see, usually only was PUN or ferr that attacked me anyways, the rest of the guys i either know well or they have equal stats to mine

Speed ump
11-20-2012, 06:13 AM
We have refrained and continue to do so. For us, that's a very difficult thing too. But we have a purpose and we would like to carry that through.