PDA

View Full Version : modern war on android platforms

Mitchell
11-07-2012, 05:06 AM
I have various problems,lot of freezes,reports that modern war is not responding and automatic reboots,do others have these problems too? Also no scratchers showing up,by the way phone is an older samsung galaxy s,thanks in advance

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Yes at times we have experienced these issues. Some of the freezing has gotten better since the last update for me. Is yours up to date? The automatic reboots can also be from losing reception too I believe. I have noticed if I am in a poor reception area the game will try to auto reboot and not be able to connect.

Scratcher's are not currently available on Android.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Poopenshire
11-07-2012, 05:50 AM
I have touch screen issues with this game only. wiht CC i have no issues, I touch my buildings to collect and they do. for Modern war i have no such luck. I have to site for almost a minute at times tapping my building to collect.

Mitchell
11-07-2012, 05:53 AM
Thanks a lot Ph4ntom Stranger, got last update week or so ago,guess I'm just s.o.l.,have a great day

Mitchell
11-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Same here Poopenshire or I have touch usually to left of intended item and on unfriending someone it is usually one person up,got to be careful and see who you are deleteing,not sure how many friends I have lost because of this,other times works perfect

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-07-2012, 06:15 AM
My touch hasn't been nearly as bad as the two of are describing, guess I'm just lucky (for not having that issue currently). Maybe it has to do with how many diff android devices there are? I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it due to same operating software, however we all know how different manufacturer's devices don't always perform as they should. Hopefully they continue to work out the bugs.

Mitchell that is the last update I have as well.

Товарищ
11-08-2012, 03:24 PM
@Mitchell
Check out my Android vs iOS issues thread:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41501

As for tips that might help you:

Go to app manager and check how much space MW uses in total (give it 10-20 secs to update the numbers), this is just for my interest.

If it's much above 200MB and especially if it's close to 300, reinstall the game.

And have it as a habit to go to that very same place and use "force close". I do this about 1 in 10 times I start the game. With a weaker phone you might need to do it 1 in 5.

andy_xyz2004
11-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Mine shows total 155Mb, V2.0

Mitchell
11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
@Mitchell
Check out my Android vs iOS issues thread:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41501

my mbs were below Andy's,still deleted and reinstalled,works better,thanks man

Mitchell
11-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Did anyone on an android device get anything on forum member event?

Mitchell
11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
ToBapnw,Thank you for your help,it is really good advice

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-08-2012, 05:41 PM

CCM is still sorting out some issues on their end, so they haven't dispatched any prizes to anyone yet.

Mitchell
11-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I know Ph4ntom Stranger,but android leaves me feeling like i'm playing the little kid version of the game,LOL

andy_xyz2004
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
my mbs were below Andy's,still deleted and reinstalled,works better,thanks man

Dang, android suck, so what's the best file size?
My tab always show notification "low storage", try install app2sd, not working on ics...

Товарищ
11-09-2012, 06:41 AM
ToBapnw,Thank you for your help,it is really good advice
No probs - enjoy!

My nick reads Tavarish, it's Russian for friend/buddy =)

Dang, android suck, so what's the best file size?
My tab always show notification "low storage", try install app2sd, not working on ics...
Android doesn't suck, the programming of MW is what sux haha
The lower total size the better I'd say, but to not reinstall every single day, just do it when problems become too frequent - when force-closing doesn't help much.

They did release a new update today, 2.0.2, let's see if we notice any improvements...
No scratchers still though!

Mitchell
11-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Sorry fellas,2.0.2 not much better,but Tavarish I do notice that stronger reception helps,wifi needs at least 3/4 of bars to be a better,less bars more glitches,no scratchers and no results in forum missions,would like to know if it is my device's problem or my mistake,Andy_xyz2004 my phone does great on everything but modern war,I for one will not buy a $500. device to play this game even if I like it,just saying

Mitchell
11-09-2012, 01:37 PM
As many glitches as this game has there is no way i could trust them with my money,LOL

andy_xyz2004
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM

Just reinstalled and installed mw, now size only 78Mb, V2.0.2, still no different, 

K
Andy_xyz2004 my phone does great on everything but modern war,I for one will not buy a $500. device to play this game even if I like it,just saying

With $500+... im planning buy Ipad4 next year, and throw my tabs to the walls ��