PDA

View Full Version : Robbed BEFORE I could even collect....hacker??

MR_M
11-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Apologies for a double post, but wanted a response before reporting the players name.

I thought I got robbed by a hacker when this prick was able to suck me for $341,000 45 minutes BEFORE my office building was even ready collect.

I was trying to figure out how I lost all this money (as I was actually playing in game) when I'd been activley playing for a solid 30 mins and I had NOTHING ready to collect, but somehow lost $341G....

Only when I went to collect on the very second my office building was ready to pay out did I INSTANTLY loose exactly $341G of the total.

So have I been attacked by a hacker??

If this activity is not legit then I'm going to name & shame the player who was able to rob me before my buildings are ready to collect.

Cheers

M.

Chairman Maw
11-07-2012, 05:21 AM
I had exactly the same thing two days in a row. I contacted Gree(d) about it and this is what they said;

Thank you for the report. This was the result of Daylight Savings Time, which briefly caused the server time to have a mismatch with your local time. The effects of this will clear up shortly, and we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Try logging out and back in, which should set things back to normal.

Regards,

Cree

No indication of a refund on my cash though, of course.

dudeman
11-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Sorry, I just woke up and haven't had any coffee yet...

Is this post for serious?

Go have a look at the stickied "daylight savings" thread.

Sunday morning to Sunday afternoon people were experiencing their 1/3/6/8/12 hour buildings being robbed before they could collect. Monday morning would have been the latest time anyone would experience that problem with their 24 hour buildings. I think you know what I'm going to say next. Tuesday, two days after the time change, should be the latest time anyone would have this same issue with their 48 hour buildings.

Please don't waste support's time. Accept the loss and move on. Otherwise you might as well just send a ticket every time you get robbed.

marebear
11-07-2012, 09:22 AM
You get a daylight savings prize: one for each game for your troubles.
Due to the issues reported by players caused by the recent DST change, we're giving everyone prizes based on the game they're playing. These items are going out very soon, and I'll let you know as soon as they're out.MQ:http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/GMOgreKing/Fire13Turtle3.pngDaylight Turtle34 / 66MW:http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/GMOgreKing/EagleFighterJetMARPAT.pngDaylight Chaser53 / 47CC:http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/GMOgreKing/Mirage_Orange.pngDaylight Runner54 / 46KA:http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/GMOgreKing/DragonCaller.pngDaylight Guardian32 / 68

MR_M
11-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Sorry, I just woke up and haven't had any coffee yet...

Is this post for serious?

Apologies dudeman, if I had any idea it was something to do with daylight savings I would have gone straight for the sticky. It makes sense in hindsight :p (..and yes I did search several pages of thread before posting this).

dudeman
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Hey man, Sorry for the edgy pre-coffee brain earlier. :cool:

Zendfrim
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
MR M, I have had this problem before as well and every single time it happens, Gree gets an email from me about it. I know when I have been robbed fair and square and when someone was not entitled to any of my money. A trick I was notified of by the great Euchred, was to put some money, a small amount, in the bank and withdraw a dollar after collecting from important high pay buildings. So far this has worked. Try it out. It's an extra step but can prevent more tickets being filed. Withdrawing from the bank check with the server to see your money amount so it prevents false robberies.

As for daylight savings time, ticket in this case are valid as well. I had 10 million robbed from me when my most powerful structures weren't up for collection. I watched said structures come up for collection pre-robbed. There is no way I am going to write off 10 mil that wasn't even available to some scumbag.

I appreciate marks thread about giving people stuff and that's great, I want my 10 mil back and nothing more.