PDA

View Full Version : A Direct Appeal to Gree

Thunder Child
11-07-2012, 03:06 AM
Since I have a pretty good idea this will get read by the right people, I have decided to make my own direct appeal to Gree to improve the communication between company and Forum.

The situation at present is clearly strained. There are undoubtedly issues that need to be resolved, issues which affect every MW player in some way or other. It is unlikely there is going to be a magic fix to all of these in one go, and to be honest the giveaways and the forthcoming 40% gold sale will only appease people for so long.

What is required is a small but important step toward getting things back on track, and it can be achieved relatively painlessly by once again having a dedicated person assigned to the MW Forum to communicate in meaningful way with the people on the Forum. The benefits would be felt by ALL - Gree, Forumites and MW players everywhere.

It would need to be someone other than CCM, I think, who undoubtedly has enough on his plate; and someone who has the remit to make a certain amount of decisions him or herself, or at least be someone who can contact and deal with other Gree personnel to actually get things done and feedback to the Forum in a meaningful way.

This has been done in a piecemeal way previously, but even that tended to buoy up the Forum. However, a weekly scheduled drop-in of some kind could achieve so much more, so long as there is a genuine desire on Gree's part to resolve and move beyond the current bag of problems. Setting aside one day each week - "Feedback Friday" perhaps - sends a clear signal that Gree values the input and concerns of its customers, as well as acknowledging that it wants to resolve any issues there might be with the game. Key to this, however, is the need for Gree's appointed person to pursue and action issues, and then actually get back to the Forum members on the following drop-in session with meaningful answers, data etc.

As for the Forum members, it would be necessary to avoid an all-out mugging straight out the door, and some sort of self-regulation (of the kind envisaged previously in the "Decorum in the Forum" thread) would ensure that real issues are raised, prioritized, etc.

The idea needs working through properly, of course, but it seems to me that this represents a common sense option that can be implemented relatively swiftly and easily. More importantly, it would be a clear step in the right direction that would go a long way to resolving some of the tensions which are currently detracting from this great game.

One thing is clear, the majority of Forum members are united in their desire to improve the game and establish a productive relationship with Gree. Why not seize this opportunity to move forward in a positive way?

Thanks for your time,reader.

Ferr
11-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Let's try this indeed reader. It cant harm, we make an agenda, one topic at the time, serious input, no poisoning with massive wishlists or negativism and with the basic assumption that you also accept and understand the seriousness of what is happening.
Yours

Thunder Child
11-07-2012, 04:56 AM
Let's try this indeed reader. It cant harm, we make an agenda, one topic at the time, serious input, no poisoning with massive wishlists or negativism and with the basic assumption that you also accept and understand the seriousness of what is happening. YoursWish I could have put it so succinctly!

Ferr
11-07-2012, 04:57 AM
Wish I could have put it so succinctly!
Well, uou would do fine as a lawyer ;)

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-07-2012, 05:07 AM
Very well articulated gentlemen. I salute you both.

Maverick50727
11-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Since I have a pretty good idea this will get read by the right people, I have decided to make my own direct appeal to Gree to improve the communication between company and Forum.

The situation at present is clearly strained. There are undoubtedly issues that need to be resolved, issues which affect every MW player in some way or other. It is unlikely there is going to be a magic fix to all of these in one go, and to be honest the giveaways and the forthcoming 40% gold sale will only appease people for so long.

What is required is a small but important step toward getting things back on track, and it can be achieved relatively painlessly by once again having a dedicated person assigned to the MW Forum to communicate in meaningful way with the people on the Forum. The benefits would be felt by ALL - Gree, Forumites and MW players everywhere.

It would need to be someone other than CCM, I think, who undoubtedly has enough on his plate; and someone who has the remit to make a certain amount of decisions him or herself, or at least be someone who can contact and deal with other Gree personnel to actually get things done and feedback to the Forum in a meaningful way.

This has been done in a piecemeal way previously, but even that tended to buoy up the Forum. However, a weekly scheduled drop-in of some kind could achieve so much more, so long as there is a genuine desire on Gree's part to resolve and move beyond the current bag of problems. Setting aside one day each week - "Feedback Friday" perhaps - sends a clear signal that Gree values the input and concerns of its customers, as well as acknowledging that it wants to resolve any issues there might be with the game. Key to this, however, is the need for Gree's appointed person to pursue and action issues, and then actually get back to the Forum members on the following drop-in session with meaningful answers, data etc.

As for the Forum members, it would be necessary to avoid an all-out mugging straight out the door, and some sort of self-regulation (of the kind envisaged previously in the "Decorum in the Forum" thread) would ensure that real issues are raised, prioritized, etc.

The idea needs working through properly, of course, but it seems to me that this represents a common sense option that can be implemented relatively swiftly and easily. More importantly, it would be a clear step in the right direction that would go a long way to resolving some of the tensions which are currently detracting from this great game.

One thing is clear, the majority of Forum members are united in their desire to improve the game and establish a productive relationship with Gree. Why not seize this opportunity to move forward in a positive way?

Thanks for your time,reader.

Thank you very much TC. Again I agree and welcome somone else standing up to improve things here. I've stated some of the same desires in PM to Gree, so welcome the chance. The feedback I got back was positive from CCM and (er), but I feel like you do that CCM is spread too thin and needs more help. I don't blame him, I blame his management if anything. Please keep us in the loop for anything you find out.

Again much thanks. I offer any resources I have as you know. One individual can make a difference, but sometimes a team can distribute workloads and make things even better. I for one am pleased to continue to work with you on any efforts.

Speed ump
11-07-2012, 06:07 AM
I will respectfully disagree with the ideas here. I personally feel that chance has been promised and given to gree on several occasion, with basically no follow up on the promises. If we cave in to this type of approach, I promise they will fall back I to the same old habits. I want to be positive in my thoughts, but I am also realistic. Lets not water down what we want here. We've already waited too long, made too many efforts on the past, and been down this very same road before. It won't work, it hasn't worked. I don't mean to demean anyone's ideas, but I also see the reality of the situation. Wishful thinking and positive thoughts just have had no effect at all in the past, and won't in the future.

Thunder Child
11-07-2012, 06:39 AM
I will respectfully disagree with the ideas here. I personally feel that chance has been promised and given to gree on several occasion, with basically no follow up on the promises. If we cave in to this type of approach, I promise they will fall back I to the same old habits. I want to be positive in my thoughts, but I am also realistic. Lets not water down what we want here. We've already waited too long, made too many efforts on the past, and been down this very same road before. It won't work, it hasn't worked. I don't mean to demean anyone's ideas, but I also see the reality of the situation. Wishful thinking and positive thoughts just have had no effect at all in the past, and won't in the future.The realist in me, Speed, knows exactly where you're coming from, but the idealist remains optimistically hopeful that a simple approach might produce a favorable response that might lead to things actually getting done. A lot of mights, I know, but that's the thing about being an optimist - we hold on to the possible rather than the probable. Besides, having more than one avenue open cannot do too much harm, can it?

Speed ump
11-07-2012, 06:42 AM
I agree tv that working on different fronts won't hurt. What I don't want to see, nor will I agree to, is ending our efforts with the promise of this method to resolve issues.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Actually, this does a lot of harm. It upstages our boycott, it divides us, it distracts some of us, and it causes disharmony.
We should support the boycott, give it a chance. You've been told by more than one person that this tactic has been tried. You don't know what we've done, because we haven't gone public until now.

I wish you no harm. But, this is harming our unity.

The realist in me, Speed, knows exactly where you're coming from, but the idealist remains optimistically hopeful that a simple approach might produce a favorable response that might lead to things actually getting done. A lot of mights, I know, but that's the thing about being an optimist - we hold on to the possible rather than the probable. Besides, having more than one avenue open cannot do too much harm, can it?

Thunder Child
11-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Actually, this does a lot of harm. It upstages our boycott, it divides us, it distracts some of us, and it causes disharmony.We should support the boycott, give it a chance. You've been told by more than one person that this tactic has been tried. You don't know what we've done, because we haven't gone public until now. I wish you no harm. But, this is harming our unity.PJ, unlike a boycott which requires a certain amount of support in order to be effective, I am in no way canvassing for support. It doesn't add anything to my appeal for anyone to say "I'm in" and I am in no way suggesting people should NOT boycott and 'follow' me. I support everyone's right to choose their position, and I would like nothing more than to see the boycott pull something out of the hat. I have simply opted to express myself in this rather simple way since it reflects who I am and how I work better than a boycott which I am unlikely to be able to observe properly.

Speed ump
11-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Once our demands have been met, something like this may help to prevent future occurrences of the same issues, if gree makes an honest effort at working in this manner. I have seen no evidence of their willingness to do so in the past, but if they resolve the current issues, I would be willing to take that as a sign of good faith and move forward from that point, with them realizing that all eyes will be upon their efforts in the future. If after a time they do show they are putting forth that type of effort then I could be more optimistic. I do try to be an optimist, but reality has a way of kicking you in the but too. I keep hoping to see all the benefits of policies our country has instituted with great promise too.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-07-2012, 07:25 AM
PJ, unlike a boycott which requires a certain amount of support in order to be effective, I am in no way canvassing for support. It doesn't add anything to my appeal for anyone to say "I'm in" and I am in no way suggesting people should NOT boycott and 'follow' me. I support everyone's right to choose their position, and I would like nothing more than to see the boycott pull something out of the hat. I have simply opted to express myself in this rather simple way since it reflects who I am and how I work better than a boycott which I am unlikely to be able to observe properly.

We know that shills and ringers have been deployed.

A shill often outs himself.

Thunder Child
11-07-2012, 07:32 AM
We know that shills and ringers have been deployed. A shill often outs himself.It's not often I have to look a word up! Good to know what a 'shill' is....

Ferr
11-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Speed, PJ this is not going to divide us. Although a discussion can be based on respect, it should alway be clear and transparant. I know that some of us have a good grasp on this. I will continue the boycott during any discussion. I will not stop any boycott because of promises only. I do not think that i have that reputation. For TC and some other non boycotters words may be enough. For us it wont! You will be able to read my comments and replies and if, at any time, you feel i am throwing away what we have i would be your louziest pro deo attorney. Pls give me (and TC for his position) this chance. I will not let you guys down.

Ferr
11-07-2012, 07:37 AM
By the way, it seems this is all academical lol, no word yet. They may preparing their mandate to talk to us though. They need clear back up and support from their superiors and engeneers. If they dont have that we will know that immediately. Lets stop here and await a blue reply.....

Maverick50727
11-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Actually, this does a lot of harm. It upstages our boycott, it divides us, it distracts some of us, and it causes disharmony.
We should support the boycott, give it a chance. You've been told by more than one person that this tactic has been tried. You don't know what we've done, because we haven't gone public until now.

I wish you no harm. But, this is harming our unity.

Respectfully disagree here, but you are entitled to your own opinion as it is a forum. As I stated in several other threads, I support your boycott in my own way and hope it shows some results like TC says. But history also has shown there were several other gold/game boycotts before, although I grant not this organized. Neither TC nor I have asked anyone to cease your boycotts. This line of increased communication is not a replacement tactic to your boycott but a battle on a second front to accomplish some of the same goals. I don't see it as dividing but multiplying. Your efforts in boycotting brings awareness to the lack of communication and has had possitive result in the sort term with recent disclosures and promise of future game changes.

I urge you to think of this as a opportunity to work together towards a common goal, no matter how you go about it. Our resources are different from your own remember. Several others have also stated free or low gold players can help support in other ways if not by an entire gold or game boycott.

As for your comment on not knowing about what you have done until you went public. I'm sure this is true, you never posted to the fourm until very recently (at least under your current name). I welcome your input as all others here. I will admit I have done things in secret now for a few months and I hope the results will continue to show in the next few months. I say this just to point out this is not entirely a new thing we are doing and is part of a long term vision that was in place already, you may or may not know about. If you have any questions regarding it you can drop me PM if you like and I will share with you as long as you keep it private until I/we release.

Again I wish you luck in your efforts.

Maverick50727
11-07-2012, 08:39 AM
shills and ringers in the Forum? oh my!...exactamundo Pirate Justice
I will confirm that I'm in no way a shill. I can't speak to PJ's comment there as I know of none confirmed.

FYI,
Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom he is secretly working.

Thunder Child
11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I will confirm that I'm in no way a shill. I can't speak to PJ's comment there as I know of none confirmed. FYI,Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom he is secretly working.That goes double for me!

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-07-2012, 02:16 PM
It's not unusual for a shill to declare himself not to be a shill.
This is often what snitches do as they ensnare their prey for law enforcement sting operations.
If in doubt, as to whether you have identified a shill, trust your first impression.

Dhusagar
11-07-2012, 02:23 PM
In order to communicate, you have to have two or more willing parties. In order to communicate effectively, you need an agenda and purpose - with actions and outcomes.

It strikes me that I have watched the forum for months and seen Ferr attempt to talk to Gree with the agenda of trying to get units fixed.

The actions were firstly to deny there was a problem. This was followed by agreement there was a problem and a promise to fix. However, what has been consistently missing is action and outcome.

All behaviour communicates something. The boycott communicates extreme frustration at the lack of action and outcomes.

Therefore I disagree that what is needed is more or better communication. What is needed is effective outcomes from any communication - without that, all you have is a "talking shop" and nothing will change.

Thunder Child
11-07-2012, 02:38 PM
In order to communicate, you have to have two or more willing parties. In order to communicate effectively, you need an agenda and purpose - with actions and outcomes.It strikes me that I have watched the forum for months and seen Ferr attempt to talk to Gree with the agenda of trying to get units fixed.The actions were firstly to deny there was a problem. This was followed by agreement there was a problem and a promise to fix. However, what has been consistently missing is action and outcome.All behaviour communicates something. The boycott communicates extreme frustration at the lack of action and outcomes.Therefore I disagree that what is needed is more or better communication. What is needed is effective outcomes from any communication - without that, all you have is a "talking shop" and nothing will change.Totally agree with your assessment - made it quite clear at our end it needs working through properly (agenda, mechanism, etc) - but more important, we are not even close to having the second party at the table. A point Speed made was that perhaps the boycott might achieve that, at which point some decent communication might begin....

Corsair
11-07-2012, 02:56 PM
TC, Mav, nice try, but I think you're wasting your time.

dledour
11-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Nothing has been fixed on my game.... only words from Gree saying we are looking into it..... blah blah blah

My stance? No gold purchases... the boycott continues....

Ferr
11-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Guys its academic.

Dry
11-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I see my rival list changed ,, I think they working on it .. That just me

Speed ump
11-07-2012, 04:54 PM
How did it change dry, whats different?

Dry
11-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Now I can see players 135 136 and so on ,

jeffrey
11-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Now I can see players 135 136 and so on ,

No wonder I get much more attacks today. Even thenoob found me. This guy is actually named PILIPINAS, USA, 174, with 493 allies, mediocre 78k attack 76k defense.

Dry
11-07-2012, 06:15 PM
You broke the rule jef bud

Speed ump
11-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Jeff, don't post players names here.