PDA

View Full Version : Solutions NOT Problems

Thunder Child
11-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Elsewhere ("Thunder Child is Baffled by the Boycott") I expressed my reluctance to get on board the boycott. I remain undecided on the effectiveness of such action as a solution to the many problems with the game, but more than anything I love playing the game, so I have made the decision NOT to add my name to those currently on boycott.

However, I do recognize that there are many issues requiring attention, and I am as determined as any of you that these are resolved.

My main objection to the boycott is that it does not really provide a solution.

I strongly believe that the solution - at least as a first step to solving the problems we variously have - is better communication with Gree.

I also believe that for anything to work, it's going to have to be simple.

Therefore, I have decided to a) get involved, b) keep it simple, and c) offer a solution rather than stamp my feet at the continuing problems.

I would like to advocate a day each week when "the powers that be" engage with Forum members in a meaningful way; a two-way communication process is initiated which takes place each and every week on the same day; a dedicated place in which we air our problems (in an adult, purposeful way) and Gree GUARANTEES to respond in real time.

Call it "Two-way Tuesday" or "Feedback Friday", or whatever, but let's get some real communication going....

Like it or leave it, that is my considered contribution to the ongoing situation.

Speed ump
11-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Tc the boycott does list solutions. All the solutions though must be initiated by gree, as we don't have the ability to change the programming. At least not legally. The other issue are still items that must be initiated by gree, such a posting a final leader board for events, keeping in mind the one we see is not always accurate.

Miner
11-06-2012, 07:14 PM
I like your suggestion and do agree that the boycott needs a bit of organization. In my opinion, and the reason I do support it is, communication really needs to improve. I understand there are certain things that CCM and others simply cannot release and I respect and appreciate that. However, when very clear issues present themselves, I do expect 1) them to be taken seriously ame 2) solutions and the progress of implementing those solutions be communicated regularly.

I also expect that, when I spend real money for something, I am able to actually see the results of my purchase. Boosts must be completely visible when I look at my stats.

I appreciate the fact that you have thought through your position on this boycott. I don't think everyone has done that - which is their choice obviously - but I would like to see more people carefully consider their participation.

We don't need an angry mob. We need a thoughtful and clearly communicated message that is backed by a refusal to participate in the elements of the game that lead to the extensive issues we've mentioned.

Miner
11-06-2012, 07:16 PM
By the way, "two-way Tuesday" may not be the best suggestion you've ever made... ;)

Товарищ
11-06-2012, 07:35 PM
In a perfect world where everybody are super nice and friendly this is absolutely THE way to go about it...

But in this alternate reality the GREE management doesn't give a f*ck about nobodies spending real money on virtual units, they just laugh and happily cash in their paychecks. Then if some customer-relation-middleman reports of a few dissatisfactions, why decrease those nice paychecks for changes over such nonsense trivialities...
If the report on the other hand is: 15% smaller paychecks are to be expected because of a boycott, they sober the f up!

manbeast
11-06-2012, 07:45 PM
I agree a tuesday or friday with direct communication would be nice, but so far things like this have been completely worthless. Both of CCM's "Ask Me Anything!" threads were basically a million "I can't say" "I'm not authorized to say" "I don't know, but I'll get back to you" etc etc etc

Unless they take the filter off of CCM, and get him access to all game information, this won't really help.

Thunder Child
11-06-2012, 07:58 PM
By the way, "two-way Tuesday" may not be the best suggestion you've ever made... ;)I now see what you mean! Ooops...

Thunder Child
11-06-2012, 07:59 PM
I agree a tuesday or friday with direct communication would be nice, but so far things like this have been completely worthless. Both of CCM's "Ask Me Anything!" threads were basically a million "I can't say" "I'm not authorized to say" "I don't know, but I'll get back to you" etc etc etc

Unless they take the filter off of CCM, and get him access to all game information, this won't really help.Agreed - but that's the point; something has to change at their end, and it can be as simple as removing that filter or putting someone there each week who can respond (and ask questions!) in a meaningful way...

Thunder Child
11-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Tc the boycott does list solutions. All the solutions though must be initiated by gree, as we don't have the ability to change the programming. At least not legally. The other issue are still items that must be initiated by gree, such a posting a final leader board for events, keeping in mind the one we see is not always accurate.I'm aware of that, Speed, but this list might seem so long that it might be a problem at their end knowing where to start. Why not settle for communication? The door opens, and then things can be talked about and hopefully resolved... small steps?

Thunder Child
11-06-2012, 08:11 PM
In a perfect world where everybody are super nice and friendly this is absolutely THE way to go about it...

But in this alternate reality the GREE management doesn't give a f*ck about nobodies spending real money on virtual units, they just laugh and happily cash in their paychecks. Then if some customer-relation-middleman reports of a few dissatisfactions, why decrease those nice paychecks for changes over such nonsense trivialities...
If the report on the other hand is: 15% smaller paychecks are to be expected because of a boycott, they sober the f up!I think it would also be helpful to move beyond this idea that Gree are an exploitative, money-oriented, uncaring company. That may or not be the case, but it doesn't help if we write them off in this way before trying to engage them in meaningful dialogue...

albeezy
11-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I think it would also be helpful to move beyond this idea that Gree are an exploitative, money-oriented, uncaring company. That may or not be the case, but it doesn't help if we write them off in this way before trying to engage them in meaningful dialogue...
TC - here is a new signature pic for you because the one you got on there now creeps me out!
http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/17/56/93/28/3amigo10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=104&u=17569328)

I seem to recall Aidan claiming to be the guy on the left while you and Bronson were cuddle buddies

Thunder Child
11-06-2012, 08:48 PM
@ Albeezy

Hard to know which one I am!

Maverick50727
11-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Thunder Child. I like the way you think. You know my opinions. I know we all see communication as the start and long term solution. Boycotts are just some ways people are using to force that. Some changes to the game we know are already in the works and have been. Boycotts IMO are forcing some information to be released but I don't see changing timelines as much as people think. When it comes to technical projects I know like many what timelines involve. Presentations, decisions, mgmt approval, resources, development, testing, redesign, certification, further beta testing, production release, etc. Sometimes things won't change overnight no matter how much money or resources are thrown at it, so that is why I say boycotts are not a short term or long term solution. They may provide results or force released information to appease the masses, but really that work was already under way and not a result, just some improved communications. I could be wrong and hope I am. But my line of work is technical and has much experience in this area. Documentation is very lacking IMO but in my line of work everything is so audited by gov control that everything is super redundant and things documented like you wouldn't believe. Even small changes require green zones, change controls, documentation including back plans, etc. I deal with 1000's of release notes documents each year. Each explain and document all aspects of changes. I would love to some type of release notes documenting changes in each app version change. Bug fixes is really vague. I know they can't detail fixes to close hacks, but game bugs not exploitable or new features certainly can be.

I also commend you on approach. You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I won't complain without a possible solution and I always try to offer something if I can or show benefits. You tend to get much better responses and willingness to work together.

I also will continue to play the game but will not spend gold and all attacks/raids are very diminished. Just camping mostly for support of their cause in my own way, but I will continue to offer resources I have or seek ways to further communication.

Agent Orange
11-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi TC, we've both been around for a very long time and over this time most of the issues being brought up have existed for as long as I can remember. Also the promises of fixes and one of the biggest complaints has always been a lack of communication between us the customers and them the company.

For a while we seemed to make some progress with L Fizzle joining the forum to keep us posted and to listen but she's gone and things have reverted back to the way things were. I guess it's a nice idea to have a day or two of one on one chatting but in the end is the message we are sending actually going somewhere.

And I do have to say that things have actually improved so that underscores just how bad this lack of communication is.

But the unifying force is that we the players DO CARE, if we did not well then we'd all just pull up stakes and let the likes of the Flans of this world over run these forums with jibberish.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't know why I, as a consumer (and customer), would have to provide a solution for something I bought, was given, or won.

I don't know why I'd have to give a solution to the person that is charging me for the thing.

This is an odd approach to consumerism and customer service.

I would think that if you sold me a shovel, that I shouldn't have to bring it back to you and say, this isn't a shovel you sold me, this is a spoon.

Then you say, well you can use it like a small shovel.

No, its not my problem as the consumer to help you fix your problems as the manufacturer.

But, in our case, I don't even get a spoon, I get an INVISIBLE shovel.

Anyway, I tried to make a difference.

I see that this won't work, because there are too many people desperate to believe that things are gonna be better.

Good luck to everyone, I'm on my way outta here very soon.

Maverick50727
11-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Hi TC, we've both been around for a very long time and over this time most of the issues being brought up have existed for as long as I can remember. Also the promises of fixes and one of the biggest complaints has always been a lack of communication between us the customers and them the company.

For a while we seemed to make some progress with L Fizzle joining the forum to keep us posted and to listen but she's gone and things have reverted back to the way things were. I guess it's a nice idea to have a day or two of one on one chatting but in the end is the message we are sending actually going somewhere.

And I do have to say that things have actually improved so that underscores just how bad this lack of communication is.

But the unifying force is that we the players DO CARE, if we did not well then we'd all just pull up stakes and let the likes of the Flans of this world over run these forums with jibberish.

Absolutely. Some of us do care and act in ways to improve the game and forum. As for CCM's defense he is one person and we are many. He had help but that changed. On top of that we have seen the impact by the release of each new game. Seems they are spreading him too thin. Also remember it is a job for him. Does anyone work 24/7 365 days a year never sleep or have a life? It must suck to be him where nobody thanks him for anything but complains. I feel for him in that aspect. Hope Gree sees this and provides him the resources or responsibilities to do his job.

jeffrey
11-06-2012, 11:03 PM
TC, that is a good idea too, how about we pick a team to represent us, I don't like true democracy, it would be too difficult to satisfy everyone. I prefer PJ, Ferr, Maverick, Miner, Agent Orange, Albeezy, Poopanshire, and a few more level heads to work out a plan and schedule with CCMark/Greedy. But so far, CCMark only dangles the phantom carrots.

Maverick50727
11-06-2012, 11:06 PM
I don't know why I, as a consumer (and customer), would have to provide a solution for something I bought, was given, or won.

I don't know why I'd have to give a solution to the person that is charging me for the thing.

I would think that if you sold me a shovel, that I shouldn't have to bring it back to you and say, this isn't a shovel you sold me, this is a spoon.

No, its not my problem as the consumer to help you fix your problems as the manufacturer.

I see that this won't work, because there are too many people desperate to believe that things are gonna be better.

I think you misunderstand the reason for providing solutions and you are thinking more in the terms of your boycott demands. I'm talking more in general about communications and enhancements not things limited to just your list. I'm not here to debate you, I'm on the side of all members. You are entitled to your own opinion as that is the purpose of the forum. We want better communication not to solve the current issues but prevent future ones by increasing everyone's awareness. This will also go to improve demands and wish lists of future enhancements requested by all players. Think not just of a broken boost you can't see but the entire list Stephen compiled a few months back of requested changes. We want more communication on all aspects.

As for me providing solutions that is my nature. If I see a problem I try to provide suggestions/solutions or information to those so they can act more intelligently to make one. I'm proactive. Maybe that is why I have excelled at my current job for 15 years by thinking outside of the box. I make things my responsibility. Even in the forum I try to abide by the rules and think change starts with me. Decorum in the forum starts with the individual who makes it their responsibility. If more people did, we would have a cleaner more enjoyable experience here and will flow over into the game. People can't find anything and Gree can't read all the garbage. The less there is the better.

Suggestion for you since you started the ball rolling. CCM has been criticized for closing duplicate threads or enforcing guidelines. Maybe ask yourself and others to consolidate the boycott under a single thread. Is it better to have 100 threads cluttering things and drop off the page or radar. Or rather a single thread with 30,000 posts or views which keep it at the top as long as there is interest. I know you didn't ask people to create their own threads, but maybe have one thread created and asks people to only reply there with their support. Maybe even have CCM close the others with a link to the main one so the forum is not cluttered with boycott threads. Shows organization, responsibility and ownership which will enhance respect from Gree and forum members. Not a sermon, just a thought.

iamnasty
11-06-2012, 11:10 PM
TC, that is a good idea too, how about we pick a team to represent us, I don't like true democracy, it would be too difficult to satisfy everyone. I prefer PJ, Ferr, Maverick, Miner, Agent Orange, Albeezy, Poopanshire, and a few more level heads to work out a plan and schedule with CCMark/Greedy. But so far, CCMark only dangles the phantom carrots.

Chicken Jeffrey, needed you too, in the line of defense, but keep your 5ea failgun in your base. The King of DH will take over in the case of the negotiation failed !!!

Giedrybe
11-06-2012, 11:14 PM
PJ, nobody thinks that it is customer responsibility to provide a solution and if no solution provided, then no problem solving.

TC speaks about the mindset/attitude/daily and personal approach to the surrounding environment. The way of rising questions, treating issues etc. And there is no question that your success also depends on your own as well, not only on somebody else.

You are right saying that we should at first see the improvement and then to celebrate. But does that mean that we should automatically negate every verbal information regarding upcoming changes/improvements? Naive or negative - which is better? Non of it for me.

Maverick50727
11-06-2012, 11:34 PM
I do appreciate your vote of confidence in me. Not sure if we want to be seen as the head of communications in the forum as that is CCM's job. I have no problem increasing communication lines and you know I will share information with the public if I have it and it is approved by Gree.

I may release some details later this week or next. I will have to check with those I work with in the forum first for their opinions and wishes. All I can say is that I have already been working in collaboration with a number of senior forum members for a while now silently and you have seen some of the results in my published resource sheet. Many people you already know or listed. I will let you know by the end of next week for sure.

mickymacirl
11-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Hahaha, brilliant! Two-Way Tuesday

Sugarymama
11-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Suggestion for you since you started the ball rolling. CCM has been criticized for closing duplicate threads or enforcing guidelines. Maybe ask yourself and others to consolidate the boycott under a single thread. Is it better to have 100 threads cluttering things and drop off the page or radar. Or rather a single thread with 30,000 posts or views which keep it at the top as long as there is interest. I know you didn't ask people to create their own threads, but maybe have one thread created and asks people to only reply there with their support. Maybe even have CCM close the others with a link to the main one so the forum is not cluttered with boycott threads. Shows organization, responsibility and ownership which will enhance respect from Gree and forum members. Not a sermon, just a thought.

Actually, it was stated in the beginning of the boycott that players should post their own letter to show their commitment to the boycott, which is why so many players started their own threads....

TC, I agree with you that communication is key here. People always want transparency when purchasing a product or service. However, even if there were open, honest communication from Gree on a regular basis that doesn't mean the game would be corrected/changed in the way some players are asking for. The reality that everyone needs to face is that no matter what changes are implemented, Gree will ensure it turns a profit from this game. It has to. I'm not sure how much better things can get if that will always be the top priority. Just my opinion.

Thunder Child
11-07-2012, 01:42 AM

I'm not suggesting we as customers offer solutions, PJ. I certainly couldn't, since anything technical is well beyond me.

However, since the product in question has the benefit of a Forum of users who are in a position to raise questions and issues, as well as provide input and make responses on just about any aspect of the game, wouldn't it make sense for the company to make use of that? I don't think it would take much for Gree to utilize this pool of opinion to improve its product.

While I can see that a dissatisfied shovel customer would not be expected to (re)solve his obvious dissatisfaction with having unpacked a spoon, that customer is unlikely to also be a member of a shovel Forum, where like-minded shovel users similarly unhappy about their blunt table tools have the opportunity to communicate their collective views to the shovel manufacturer. Refusing to dig in the yard with the spoon, or better yet deciding not to buy such garden tools in the short term, is going to have less success than a simple letter to the manufacturer suggesting that they make good on the shovel and try to implement systems at their end to ensure they advertise the shovel properly in future and ensure that their packers correctly put the shovels in the shovel boxes and the spoons in the spoon boxes...

And by the way, I for one hope that you are not soon to be gone. You have made the Forum much more interesting of late, and I have no doubt you are good for the game.

Thunder Child
11-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Hahaha, brilliant! Two-Way TuesdayFreud would have a field day with that!

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-07-2012, 01:58 AM
If a company doesn't respect it's customers,it won't have customers very long.

We are not children.

This isn't the 3rd grade.

As a customer, when I purchase a product, it should work as advertised.

Don't sell me monkey meat, and call it Kobe Beef.

Sorry, this company fails to get it.

They are seeking obedient, dummies, that allow themselves to be abused and cheated.

I don't want useless baubles or trinkets, in lieu of things I have already purchased.

I get paid to solve problems, and I have no interests in DIY projects.

I hire people to do those things.

Besides, if I purchase a widget, the widget should work as advertised.

Why should I pay for a widget and then tell the merchant how to fix it, because it's delivered inoperable?

Or, if I buy a widget, and I'm sold a thingamobob, why would that ever be acceptable?

The problem here is we've bought widgets and there's nothing in the box.

When we ask where's the widget, we're told, "It's invisible. Don't you see it?"

That's pure nonsense and madness.

It's also unethical and abusive towards customers.

I submit to you, it's illegal, and someone will find it to be very costly.

I think you misunderstand the reason for providing solutions and you are thinking more in the terms of your boycott demands. I'm talking more in general about communications and enhancements not things limited to just your list. I'm not here to debate you, I'm on the side of all members. You are entitled to your own opinion as that is the purpose of the forum. We want better communication not to solve the current issues but prevent future ones by increasing everyone's awareness. This will also go to improve demands and wish lists of future enhancements requested by all players. Think not just of a broken boost you can't see but the entire list Stephen compiled a few months back of requested changes. We want more communication on all aspects.

As for me providing solutions that is my nature. If I see a problem I try to provide suggestions/solutions or information to those so they can act more intelligently to make one. I'm proactive. Maybe that is why I have excelled at my current job for 15 years by thinking outside of the box. I make things my responsibility. Even in the forum I try to abide by the rules and think change starts with me. Decorum in the forum starts with the individual who makes it their responsibility. If more people did, we would have a cleaner more enjoyable experience here and will flow over into the game. People can't find anything and Gree can't read all the garbage. The less there is the better.

Ferr
11-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Elsewhere ("Thunder Child is Baffled by the Boycott") I expressed my reluctance to get on board the boycott. I remain undecided on the effectiveness of such action as a solution to the many problems with the game, but more than anything I love playing the game, so I have made the decision NOT to add my name to those currently on boycott.

However, I do recognize that there are many issues requiring attention, and I am as determined as any of you that these are resolved.

My main objection to the boycott is that it does not really provide a solution.

I strongly believe that the solution - at least as a first step to solving the problems we variously have - is better communication with Gree.

I also believe that for anything to work, it's going to have to be simple.

Therefore, I have decided to a) get involved, b) keep it simple, and c) offer a solution rather than stamp my feet at the continuing problems.

I would like to advocate a day each week when "the powers that be" engage with Forum members in a meaningful way; a two-way communication process is initiated which takes place each and every week on the same day; a dedicated place in which we air our problems (in an adult, purposeful way) and Gree GUARANTEES to respond in real time.

Call it "Two-way Tuesday" or "Feedback Friday", or whatever, but let's get some real communication going....

Like it or leave it, that is my considered contribution to the ongoing situation.

TC, ty for being a man with reason. I agree fully that communication is key to this all. I have said this many, many times in the past on the forum and in my tickets. The last time i did this was in a ticket to chris a few days ago. He responded to this very favourably. Some of the guys, and i still tend to include ccm and chris, are doing their very best to already accomplish that. Not to much avail of course as they seem to be under strict orders not to communicate beyond a certain level. If you read ccm's thread "upcoming changes" you will understand what i mean. He is just not allowed to do so. In fact because of this massively irritating boycott he started that thread, hence the boycott explicitly serves your goal of communicating.
I can tell you that i am a rather patient, reasonable, very often diplomatic person. If ccm would start a thread which begins with something like "i am allowed to talk to you guys, i am backed by engeneers and superiors" then I am fully ready to form a small group of serious and reasonable adults from low mid and high level ( free, low, mid, high gold) and see what we can do about this all. So not just wish lists but handling serious issues including things like the structural inbalance of the game. Perhapf even conference calls and brainstorming. This sounds businesslike but i guess with this type of game most big spenders will be exactly that.
But TC i fear you will have to fight to get this. I am with you though on your side. Lead the way how we get this kind of communication, preferably before the end of this week ;). Seriously, i beg you, join and make this your demand. You cant loose and have a lot to win and i think we are already getting some.
On a final note, the guys deciding this need to be convinced as well. You may expect that if guys like ccm and chris are really serious about communicating with us, they more or less are happy with this massive boycott as it helps them to convince their bosses. Of course they would never admit that on forum, would you not CCM ;) ( i am not solliciting for an answer!).
Yours,

Thunder Child
11-07-2012, 02:03 AM

But the unifying force is that we the players DO CARE, if we did not well then we'd all just pull up stakes and let the likes of the Flans of this world over run these forums with jibberish.The L Fizzle era was undoubtedly one of the high points in communication with Gree. It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a start in the right direction. A simple step for Gree at this point would be to restore somebody to that role, perhaps with some decision-making power and perhaps with scheduled drop in times for Forum members and Gree to have their 'exchanges'....

P.J.
11-07-2012, 02:32 AM
Hello Thunder Child, we do not know, yesterday I did my registration to the forum. I state that I respect your thread and your thoughts, but playing MW for about a year, I realized that the problems grow like broken trinkets that GREE produces daily. A lot of money and time have passed along the river, waiting for the upper floors do something concrete for their customers.
It is clear GREE is a for-profit society and we, adults and vaccinated are aware of, but there is a limit to everything! This point of no return has been crossed ... broken toys .... lists ghost ... players with no damage, etc. .... 😪 😪
How many threads have been made on this .... What has changed ... NOTHING. What do they have? Scratchcards!
When I talk with someone, it's in my DNA never underestimate anyone .... they are doing it. We are sick to this game, but we're not stupid!
I spent these words, not for GREE (I do not think they are very interested in it) but to explain the thinking of those who have no other solution than this ... Boycott.

Thunder Child
11-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Hello Thunder Child, we do not know, yesterday I did my registration to the forum. I state that I respect your thread and your thoughts, but playing MW for about a year, I realized that the problems grow like broken trinkets that GREE produces daily. A lot of money and time have passed along the river, waiting for the upper floors do something concrete for their customers.
It is clear GREE is a for-profit society and we, adults and vaccinated are aware of, but there is a limit to everything! This point of no return has been crossed ... broken toys .... lists ghost ... players with no damage, etc. ....  
How many threads have been made on this .... What has changed ... NOTHING. What do they have? Scratchcards!
When I talk with someone, it's in my DNA never underestimate anyone .... they are doing it. We are sick to this game, but we're not stupid!
I spent these words, not for GREE (I do not think they are very interested in it) but to explain the thinking of those who have no other solution than this ... Boycott.I'm close to a year myself, PJ, and I share with you (I think) a love of the game and a whole range of emotions, ranging from sheer pleasure to rage. I have finally thrown my hand in and made my own direct appeal to Gree, for what it's worth. Let's hope one thing or the other results in the changes we all want to see.

Speed ump
11-07-2012, 04:13 AM
Tc,the time for small steps os so far past, it's not even funny. We were promised this many times, and it died on the vine.
If we take the route of small steps, I firmly believe, as has been proven in the past, we won't be taken seriously in any way. Which of the stated issues so you want to continue living with long term. We already have, and we have been complaining for many months. They have had plenty of time to resolve these issues if they desired. They sure managed to come out with a number of whole new games in the mean time. That takes time for developement too. It's easy to resolve he event problems for the future. Don't have one until you can do it right. This just goes to prove their desire is to pump money, not resolve issues. I know from past communication that their people who have to deal with the complaints about the events not working hate that as much as we do. The communications with gree on the issues number in the many thousands. One of my team mates just got a name change that he requested a month ago. I have others who have never heard back on simple things from over six weeks ago. I will say that along the way we have seen some things fixed. Many months ago we had huge issues with the rivals lists. It was fixed, but after three months of having only thre or four pages worth of rivals. Some players issues with not being able to see all their allies have been fixed, while others have not. Again after many months. Posting a final leader board would be very easy, as they have done it twice before. I have to believe that they have devoted zero time to fixing the boost issues on the event units. We never got a post building that did not work, so why can't the units work. If the culmutive effect of different boosts is an issue, they should have known this and not listed it as an ability, and continue to keep doing so, over and over. We have tried the communication approach, we have tried many different ways of trying to get the fixes needed. Nothing has worked to date. Right now, I want to play my game. I want to attack, and I want to raid. I want to plunder and pillage and watch people's reactions. Not going to happen until we effect the changes we are looking for.

Harry Tuttle
11-07-2012, 05:16 AM
I was going to reply in your "direct appeal" thread but thought I'd bring it back here so as to not bring negativity to that thread. I think that thread is doomed but it'll die without my input.

You're dreaming. You, and others, have gotten too attached to your pixels to be able to face the fact that whether or not certain individuals in the The Company care about the players, The Company itself sees every player as a wallet. Because you all are unwilling to face that your pixels might be worthless you're blinding yourselves to the contempt that you're treated with every day. PJ and Ferr (and others, sorry) have reached a point where they can accept that those hard earned, expensive pixels MIGHT JUST BE WORTHLESS. All of us value our pixels whether we are low (me-very low), mid (not sure but probably you, TC), high, or super (Ferr, PJ, et al) spenders. The problem here is that The Company places zero value on those pixels that we're so proud of. The only thing they value is each player's potential to open their wallets over and over. I do not mean to disparage specific people who we interact with in our dealings with The Company (^5 CCM & CJ, shout out to CE in support!) but the general corporate attitude is worthy of Marie Antoinette. "Their bonuses don't work? Let them have a 40% off sale!" The time when lack of communication was the problem has past. It was communicated that the bonuses didn't work and their response was to release more broken units, push more events. More baubles and trinkets to distract the sheep. This is a company that feels contempt for you, when they bother to think of you at all.

Most, if not all, of the issues that caused this boycott do not affect me directly in the least. I have joined the boycott because I am very disturbed by the contemptuous attitude I have seen towards the players of this game, and the other Gree games. It would be much easier to just stop playing and move on but I honestly feel like these are good games that I could feel good SPENDING my time on. Communication will not fix this. The Company needs to acknowledge the contribution of each and every player to It's bottom line and treat us all with the respect we are due as It's customers. It should not have come to this.

I didn't even touch on Android vs iOS issues, that's a whole other can of worms that will never be addressed until The Company sees us as customers, instead of wallets.

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-07-2012, 05:40 AM
If a company doesn't respect it's customers,it won't have customers very long.

We are not children.

This isn't the 3rd grade.

As a customer, when I purchase a product, it should work as advertised.

Don't sell me monkey meat, and call it Kobe Beef.

Sorry, this company fails to get it.

They are seeking obedient, dummies, that allow themselves to be abused and cheated.

I don't want useless baubles or trinkets, in lieu of things I have already purchased.

I get paid to solve problems, and I have no interests in DIY projects.

I hire people to do those things.

Besides, if I purchase a widget, the widget should work as advertised.

Why should I pay for a widget and then tell the merchant how to fix it, because it's delivered inoperable?

Or, if I buy a widget, and I'm sold a thingamobob, why would that ever be acceptable?

The problem here is we've bought widgets and there's nothing in the box.

When we ask where's the widget, we're told, "It's invisible. Don't you see it?"

That's pure nonsense and madness.

It's also unethical and abusive towards customers.

I submit to you, it's illegal, and someone will find it to be very costly.

This post hits the nail square on the head a million times over and is the absolute number one reason this boycott/uproar has been taken to the level it has. If you sell something it should work as advertised. If it doesn't that is a very very big problem.

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-07-2012, 05:44 AM
I didn't even touch on Android vs iOS issues, that's a whole other can of worms that will never be addressed until The Company sees us as customers, instead of wallets.

I second that too Mr Tuttle!

Speed ump
11-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Very well said Harry, are you sure pj didn't just take possession of you? I agree with that assessment. If this were February, and this had all just begun, I would feel tcs post would make a lot of sense, not knowing then the truth. There's too much proven history, and we would not be very smart at all in ignoring that history. Why keep doing the same things and expect different results. I, and we have tried the path of working with gree. We've heard talk, then nothing, weve heard nothing, and got nothing. Now is the time for more.