PDA

View Full Version : Promises, more empty promises?

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Bait and switch, obfuscate and confuse, avoid and deny.

Are you still buying that "hope & change" schtick?

Please remember what we requested, when you consider what's being offered.

Don't accept a bone, when you asked for T-Bone Steak.

Now isn't the time to break ranks, is it?

It's your money, why not keep it?

Why continue to spend it to obtain broken, useless trinkets, with invisible, magical powers?

What if you tendered invisible money?

By the way, there are no leprechauns, and you don't get sex in the "boom-boom" room!!!

What we're seeking isn't negotiable.

And, do you want (or need) more useless trinkets?

I know what we requested, and it's not a gnawed T-Bone, without the meat.

Magic tricks look cool, but they're still just tricks.

Don't break ranks, and let's not deal with the hired help.

Where's the boss, not some cartoon character you defeat in the game, but the boss?

Alaska Ken
11-05-2012, 11:39 PM
You referring to the "upcoming changes" thread?

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-05-2012, 11:45 PM
We aren't permitted to discuss certain things.

"They" have "their" rules.

But, if we were playing the "hot & cold" game, you'd be very hot!
You referring to the "upcoming changes" thread?

Alaska Ken
11-05-2012, 11:50 PM
We aren't permitted to discuss certain things. "They" have "their" rules. But, if we were playing the "hot & cold" game, you'd be very hot!Got it. Ok. Lol
Hey all,There were a few things we were keeping under wraps, but is very relevant for the people that are expressing their issues with the game. We're launching some new features soon, and some of the features include:Adding unit bonuses to your profile pageAdding improved guild features (more on this soon)As well as those features (there are more, and I'll be giving spoilers soon) we are going to unfreeze the last hour of events. We'll also be holding a 40% global sale, to make up for those that did not get the 40% sale the last time it went around.There's a lot more, and in the coming weeks I'll be sharing as much of it as I can. If I hear of any other changes, improvements, fixes, or updates, I'll be sure to let you know.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Once upon a time, in a land far, far away...

I'm confused.

Alaska Ken
11-06-2012, 12:04 AM
It's progress, it's only day 3.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-06-2012, 12:20 AM
I am under, as are we all, a censorship directive; and am unable to speak in specifics.

Hypothetically speaking, once upon a time, a certain caretaker said he or she is unable to speak directly about certain issues.

The caretaker told the peasants that he or she would attempt to get a message to the king or queen.

Suddenly the caretaker is speaking.

This just reminds me of "The Wizard of Oz", and the little, conman behind the curtain, who had conned the little munchkins into believing he was a wizard.

I just find this to be odd.

It's progress, it's only day 3.

Dhusagar
11-06-2012, 12:25 AM
I am under a censorship directive, and am unable to speak in specifics. Hypothetically speaking, once upon a time, a certain caretaker said he or she is unable to speak directly about certain issues. The caretaker told the peasants that he or she would attempt to get a message to the king or queen. Suddenly the caretaker is speaking. I just find that to be odd.

As you said in your OP - bait and switch. Give the peasants some shiny toy and they will forget that they are starving for the basics.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-06-2012, 12:30 AM
As you said in your OP - bait and switch. Give the peasants some shiny toy and they will forget that they are starving for the basics.

Another astute observer and commentator chimes in with a significant observation.

Thank you for not being distracted by empty promises.

By the way, sniff, sniff; do I smell another "crate scam" or is that one of those "collect ten" shams?

Alaska Ken
11-06-2012, 12:40 AM
I don't think any of us that are boycotting will be giving in until all the real changes are made. Not just promised, but made.

mickymacirl
11-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Unless we get a detailed bug fix list I don't believe anything Funzio says anymore.

Ferr
11-06-2012, 01:17 AM
I am not sure about this either. Just listing boosts on your profile does not mean anything. That is like copy paste the unit info on your profile. It still wont work and we cant check if it works.....

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-06-2012, 01:33 AM
I am not sure about this either. Just listing boosts on your profile does not mean anything. That is like copy paste the unit info on your profile. It still wont work and we cant check if it works.....

I know what it's all about. I only hope some of us don't fall for it, again.

By the way, I've got some ideas about next week's announcement. I've also done some research, and there's an easy, legal tactic we can employ here in the US and Canada.

I'll see that you get a draft, as well as our other partners via secure back communications channel. (Same way I got your original idea.) Look for it by Thursday or Friday.

Ferr
11-06-2012, 01:36 AM
I know what it's all about. I only hope some of us don't fall for it, again.

By the way, I've got some ideas about next week's announcement. I've also done some research, and there's an easy, legal tactic we can employ here in the US and Canada.

I'll see that you get a draft, as well as our other partners via secure back communications channel. (Same way I got your original idea.) Look for it by Thursday or Friday.
Will do. I m off to work now...

Harry Tuttle
11-06-2012, 02:37 AM
I am under, as are we all, a censorship directive; and am unable to speak in specifics.

Hypothetically speaking, once upon a time, a certain caretaker said he or she is unable to speak directly about certain issues.

The caretaker told the peasants that he or she would attempt to get a message to the king or queen.

Suddenly the caretaker is speaking.

This just reminds me of "The Wizard of Oz", and the little, conman behind the curtain, who had conned the little munchkins into believing he was a wizard.

I just find this to be odd.

I had to:

http:/www.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

"If you were really great and powerful, you'd keep your promises". Gospel from Judy Garland :)

Keeping the faith here all. "trust me" time has gone, we're in "show me" now.

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-06-2012, 03:15 AM
I had to:
http:/www.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE"If you were really great and powerful, you'd keep your promises". Gospel from Judy Garland :)Keeping the faith here all. "trust me" time has gone, we're in "show me" now.

LOL, what do practitioners of the world's oldest profession demand before they do the deed?

In the inimitable words of "Me Love You Long Time GI Lucy", "Unhuh, honey, you gotsta give me the cash money, honey!"

Dhusagar
11-06-2012, 03:39 AM
40% off gold purchases!!!!

So you can buy 40% more rubbish that doesn't work???

Where is the benefit in that?

Harry Tuttle
11-06-2012, 03:51 AM
PJ - pm me please

CAPT.GIN
11-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Hey all,

There were a few things we were keeping under wraps, but is very relevant for the people that are expressing their issues with the game. We're launching some new features soon, and some of the features include:

Adding unit bonuses to your profile page
Adding improved guild features (more on this soon)

As well as those features (there are more, and I'll be giving spoilers soon) we are going to unfreeze the last hour of events. We'll also be holding a 40% global sale, to make up for those that did not get the 40% sale the last time it went around.

There's a lot more, and in the coming weeks I'll be sharing as much of it as I can. If I hear of any other changes, improvements, fixes, or updates, I'll be sure to let you know.

Lies, lies, and more lies!!! Everyone they are just trying to confuse us with empty promises!!! Don't believe anything until you see it happen in the game not on here!!! Until then, boycott, boycott,boycott... It's only day 3!

Commander Vador
11-06-2012, 04:48 AM
Come on PJ give the guy a chance!

You don't believe a guy that tells you that he want your money back?

Harry Tuttle
11-06-2012, 05:02 AM
Come on PJ give the guy a chance!

You don't believe a guy that tells you that he want your money back?
Lol there's one statement you can ABSOLUTELY believe.

BigD@wg
11-06-2012, 05:14 AM
Fear and wonder, a powerful combination. You really think people will be seduced by that? I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the Senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it.

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Fear and wonder, a powerful combination. You really think people will be seduced by that? I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure manic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the Senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it.

Great movie!

Crime City Mark
11-06-2012, 08:01 AM
We aren't permitted to discuss certain things.

"They" have "their" rules.

But, if we were playing the "hot & cold" game, you'd be very hot!

There's no rule preventing you from discussing a thread I create. It's generally best to comment within the thread, like almost everyone else is doing, but as long as it doesn't turn to spam there isn't a problem. Don't try to make me out to be more draconian than I actually am.

Crime City Mark
11-06-2012, 08:02 AM

No, you're not.

Hivesy
11-06-2012, 08:14 AM
"Will everyone just stop getting fcuking shot!" - Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Hivesy
11-06-2012, 08:16 AM
sorry CCM I thought we were quoting films and while I typed mine you replied twice. Soz.

Crime City Mark
11-06-2012, 08:19 AM
sorry CCM I thought we were quoting films and while I typed mine you replied twice. Soz.

It's cool, that was a good movie. Try to stay on-topic though.

Boss Roger
11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
This will be a case of seeing is believing. I stopped wasting money
on those ridiculous events long ago. There have been just so many
great suggestions from players that never get the proper attention.
I would not go so far as saying the game is 'broken' but there sure is
room for improvement!!!! I am joining the Boycott effective
immediately. Our voices have been falling on deaf ears. Time to
put up or shut up. Unify!!!

Maverick50727
11-06-2012, 01:06 PM
This will be a case of seeing is believing. I stopped wasting money
on those ridiculous events long ago. There have been just so many
great suggestions from players that never get the proper attention.
I would not go so far as saying the game is 'broken' but there sure is
room for improvement!!!! I am joining the Boycott effective
immediately. Our voices have been falling on deaf ears. Time to
put up or shut up. Unify!!!

I'm in a sense boycotting also, I'm a free player and used $16 once a long time ago to buy the composites, because I accidently used a bunch of tapjoy gold and didn't want to harass support for my own mistake. It was a donation to Funzio for time I've spent playing I consider. I might invest more if certain things change.

As for broken game and demands. I don't see a boycott fixing that at all really or fast. It has been tried several times before. Like you said there have been many suggestions posted in the past and some things probably are in development. The boycott in my eyes is just bringing attention to a lack of communication. CCM has already provided some things in the works in response and more to come later. Sometimes fixes or suggestions like this take months to put in place.

I for one would like to know when these new things come out, how long they have been in the works. I think some might be surprised that things have been in planning or testing for a good while. The cries in the forum may just be getting the communication flowing which is good. Time will tell, changes don't happen overnight, so we can only hope they have been in the works.

Stephen collected a list in the past (I don't agree with them all), but it would be good to get some communication on the list as which ones were accepted/rejected and if they were accepted any ETA if possible. Communication vs. being left in the dark would make many happier. I know CCM still can only provide certain released information and may not have all the answers himself as responsibility is segregated across different groups most likely. A running list of patches/enhancements along with status to track would be great.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32341-What-are-your-biggest-issues-with-the-game

Boss Roger
11-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Well argued Maverick..good post. Maybe the boycott is not the right way to go
but some action is better than none in my book. And...any chance that I
have of making even the smallest ripple that I can create to influence the urgency
of these "secret advancements" is worth a try. My spending has slowed
to a trickle in recent months but I foolishly spent a goodly
amount in the beginning.

Xjarhead
11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Most of us are logical reasonable people, I have supported PJ and Ferr since PJ's announcement. That said let us that took a stand not be swayed by special gold bonus'. I am all for progress albeit at the 11 th hour, but progress is progress..however I question the offer of gold while listing the other changes. Kinda diminishes the intentions and a test of sorts. All I'm saying is watch the motive

jeffrey
11-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Bait and switch, obfuscate and confuse, avoid and deny.

Are you still buying that "hope & change" schtick?

Please remember what we requested, when you consider what's being offered.

Don't accept a bone, when you asked for T-Bone Steak.

Now isn't the time to break ranks, is it?

It's your money, why not keep it?

Why continue to spend it to obtain broken, useless trinkets, with invisible, magical powers?

What if you tendered invisible money?

By the way, there are no leprechauns, and you don't get sex in the "boom-boom" room!!!

What we're seeking isn't negotiable.

And, do you want (or need) more useless trinkets?

I know what we requested, and it's not a gnawed T-Bone, without the meat.

Magic tricks look cool, but they're still just tricks.

Don't break ranks, and let's not deal with the hired help.

Where's the boss, not some cartoon character you defeat in the game, but the boss?

Ah, PJ is more level headed. I got excited too when CCMark dangled those tempting mirage carrots.

Harry Tuttle
11-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Mmmmmmm carrots :)