PDA

View Full Version : Downtime?

PawnXIIX
11-05-2012, 10:58 PM
What just happened?

The forum went down no matter how many times I refreshed, I kept getting a Vbulliten error. The game is also down for maintenance. Has anybody else experienced anything this or am I just special? :p

Munch on it
11-05-2012, 11:00 PM
What just happened?

The forum went down no matter how many times I refreshed, I kept getting a Vbulliten error. The game is also down for maintenance. Has anybody else experienced anything this or am I just special? :p

Think it was everyone both working fine for me now

PawnXIIX
11-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Think it was everyone both working fine for me now

Okay thanks. I was thinking that it was because the internet around here is still shaky from after the storm :p

Harry Tuttle
11-05-2012, 11:05 PM
If you you're working on a boss RIGHT NOW I hope you haven't spent gold on him. The severs are down for maintenance. Gree definitely cares about you your time and money spent, so submit a ticket for any gold you will have lost because you were cut off from the boss. It must have been crucial maintenance for them not to have waited until the event was over, right? Because they care.

Harry Tuttle
11-05-2012, 11:12 PM
All the games went down..
How hard can it be to let us know before hand that mantinace will be occurring.
It's like being told @ 7am the same day that when they set the clocks back our collections will change.
simply shoddy off them not to give us that information earlier.
It must have been a crucial red alarm fix, because Gree cares about you and wants your gaming experience to be the best it can possibly be. Submit a ticket if you lost gold over it. They'll try to make up for it when they get the chance.

HenryVIII
11-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Sent in my ticket. This is actually the first time I have been affected by something like this.

I was on boss 39 with one hit left and 4 minutes remaining on clock.

Hope they can compensate me my in game cash and maybe a little for 2 hours of work wasted due to lack of notice regarding the server maintenance downtime.

Dhusagar
11-05-2012, 11:15 PM
This was more like a DDOS! Everything went without warning.

PawnXIIX
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Fortunately it came back with a few minutes before my 8 hour buildings completed :) Crisis averted :D

Yeah the entire servers were down, it did look a lot like a DDOS. Even funzio.com was down.

dudeman
11-05-2012, 11:23 PM
I made it past the daylight saving time switch without any issues. I guess that's not allowed so they corrected their oversight tonight with some downtime during one of my big collections.

:cool: NICE!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Harry Tuttle
11-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Fortunately it came back with a few minutes before my 8 hour buildings completed :) Crisis averted :D

Yeah the entire servers were down, it did look a lot like a DDOS. Even funzio.com was down.

My error said "down for maintenance" I suppose this could just be a generic error message, but either way the company will make you whole. Submit a ticket.

PawnXIIX
11-05-2012, 11:36 PM
My error said "down for maintenance" I suppose this could just be a generic error message, but either way the company will make you whole. Submit a ticket.

Every aspect of the site was down. It wasn't even taking 2 seconds and immediately returning an error, it kept trying until it timed out. Either the server was full of requests to the point where it just had to reject them and shut down to try and end the attack, or somebody accidentally unplugged the wrong cord while trying to find a power outlet to charge their phone.

Harry Tuttle
11-05-2012, 11:41 PM
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=g_rWja1Xiu8

PawnXIIX
11-05-2012, 11:47 PM
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=g_rWja1Xiu8

Such a good movie :)

I like the clip where he's like "We're gonna talk them right down to the ground!" then the watermelon slams down into the desk :p

dads
11-05-2012, 11:49 PM
I removed my post as I didn't see the point in complaing it's not like being put out by the hr change & complaing about it will change anything. I would be asleep at this time however due to the +1 collection change I am awake & probably got the hump due to being tired,trying to get my collections back to my sleeping habbits is taking its toil. Collecting 2-5 mins later than my buildings are ready so I can slowly get them back to how they where.

As for the downtime wouldn't suprise me if it was a ddos attack,with all the pps having the hump about non working units ect. Or another group doing it for simply malicious reasons.

Harry Tuttle
11-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Such a good movie :)

I like the clip where he's like "We're gonna talk them right down to the ground!" then the watermelon slams down into the desk :p
It's the way my mind works :) As soon as I read "somebody accidentally unplugged the wrong cord" I had no further control of my actions :D

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Harry Tuttle
11-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I removed my post as I didn't see the point in complaing it's not like being put out by the hr change & complaing about it will change anything. I would be asleep at this time however due to the +1 collection change I am awake & probably got the hump due to being tired,trying to get my collections back to my sleeping habbits is taking its toil. Collecting 2-5 mins later than my buildings are ready rather so I can slowly get them back to how they where.

As for the downtime wouldn't suprise me if it was a ddos attack,with all the pps having the hump about non working units ect. Or another group doing it for simply malicious reasons.
Or maybe they just decided to do server maintenance during a boss event. Probably not though, because they care about your gaming experience. Submit a ticket if it cost you any gold. They'll get around to making you whole.

the_dude
11-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Maybe they'll offer everybody a "maintenance machine gun" for the inconvenience ;)

Harry Tuttle
11-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Maybe they'll offer everybody a "maintenance machine gun" for the inconvenience ;)
Cool! Another sparkly to distract me!

Iamsimong
11-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I keep getting a message that I cannot connect to the servers. Modern war and Kingdom of Age are working fine. Can anyone tell me what is happening and when I can get back on.

TonySpaghetti
11-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Cool! Another sparkly to distract me!

Is that a Secret of Nimh reference?

Harry Tuttle
11-06-2012, 11:44 AM
No :) Is it? I haven't seen that in FOREVER but I used to own it and may one day again :)

TonySpaghetti
11-06-2012, 11:56 AM
No :) Is it? I haven't seen that in FOREVER but I used to own it and may one day again :)

The "Sparkly" thing kind of was... Its what the crow called the necklace that Mrs Brisby had.

Harry Tuttle
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Well now I'm gonna have to watch it. Some woman took it out of my house a while ago, I'll have to see about getting it back...

TonySpaghetti
11-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Well now I'm gonna have to watch it. Some woman took it out of my house a while ago, I'll have to see about getting it back...

You should get that cabinet back too. :)