PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know What Invasion is going to look like?

Elastic Earl
11-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Any of the pros know what this invasion upgrade is going to entail?

Elastic Earl
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
People telling me i am going to get banned for starting this thread.
admittedly i am a noob but my app store upgrade touts invasion event in upgrade.
is that wrong to discuss? if so i will respect ban time to me, but if it hits app store isnt that public knowledge?
help?

mxz
11-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Perfectly fine for you to ask it - at this point it is my understanding that it would be inappropriate for those in the know to post pictures of it. You might just need to sit back and wait for the event to come out before people can publicly help you out.

Elastic Earl
11-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Perfectly fine for you to ask it - at this point it is my understanding that it would be inappropriate for those in the know to post pictures of it. You might just need to sit back and wait for the event to come out before people can publicly help you out.

Thanks mxz! Whenever, you guys can elaborate on it much appreciated. It was news to me. I will crawl back into my Noob cave now...

PawnXIIX
11-05-2012, 09:08 PM
I PMed it because I didn't want you getting wrongly banned D:

I just want this thing to come out already, I'm excited for it :) With all the options we have for it, it's sounding like a really fun event to play :)

chbranch
11-05-2012, 09:28 PM

Are you in the know?

Katalan24
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I thk is gonna be something with fights again

PawnXIIX
11-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Are you in the know?

Anybody with a background in computers/programming is in the know ;)

HenryVIII
11-05-2012, 11:31 PM
I personally do not understand how some people can be, and are "in the know". Seems to me they have an advantage over others... Like preparing for events etc...

I do know about that "thing" the chinchilla girl spoke of a while back. But guess I'm not tech savvy enough to decipher.

Still, back to point, even those who can decipher. Why does gree let that info out? Seems a tad unfair to the "commoners" or the average player.

Edit: Not trying to ruffle grees feathers, just trying to understand their thought process.

HenryVIII
11-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Also, seems like the childhood taunt, "I know something you don't know!"

Harry Tuttle
11-06-2012, 12:01 AM
It's OK Henry. Soon we'll have new playground equipment, and new siding and shingles on the house so we'll forget that the foundation is cracked :D Off with the harlot's head! On to the next harlot! Am I right? ;)

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=znv_sUPaKfE

HenryVIII
11-06-2012, 12:11 AM
:D Off with the harlot's head! On to the next harlot! Am I right? ;)

My six wives will agree... Well 2 of them will *nod* their head In agreement...

MR_M
11-06-2012, 03:22 AM
Well I think I've been 'Invaded' just an hour ago....!!

I thought I got robbed by a fricken hacker when this prick was able to suck me for $341,000 45 minutes BEFORE my office building was even ready collect.

I was trying to figure out how I lost all this money when I'd been activley playing for a solid 30 mins and I had NOTHING ready to collect, but somehow lost $341G....

Only when I went to collect on the very second my office building was ready to pay out did I INSTANTLY loose exactly $341G of the total.

Now I've got to work out how to invade the little %^$&* back!

Bring it.... heh heh

Deluxe
11-06-2012, 05:36 AM
...Not trying to ruffle grees feathers, just trying to understand their thought process.

Million dollar question there! Good luck making sense out of senseless actions/inactions!!

iteachem
11-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Any of the pros know what this invasion upgrade is going to entail?

like this.. same as the forum trolls..An army for dippy

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Chinnse_fbac2e_394741.jpg

Coldjoey
11-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Also, seems like the childhood taunt, "I know something you don't know!"
The forum members who are in the know have always been a great help and give as much info as they dare. None of them are the type to brag or play one up-manship.
Just saying thanks guys

Burn
11-06-2012, 08:12 AM
My bet is that new event will be overly complicated and thus extremely boring.

HenryVIII
11-06-2012, 08:30 AM
The forum members who are in the know have always been a great help and give as much info as they dare. None of them are the type to brag or play one up-manship.
Just saying thanks guys

Very true and I appreciate all that is shared. Indeed.

My beef is with gree trying to put a lid on this when it is publicly open. Just doesn't make sense.

chbranch
11-06-2012, 09:43 AM
My bet is that new event will be overly complicated and thus extremely boring.

Do you play events, or does the HL drama keep you busy and entertained?

Burn
11-06-2012, 09:57 AM
I play events, but I've been here long enough to know that whatever Gree have planned will likely not be an improvement, it will probably just have more tiers of money making potential.

No problem with that, we all have brains enough, and hopfully discipline enough, to opt in or opt out according to our circumstances.

Feng1234
11-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Search the forums. It will tell you what you are asking about.

Paulio
11-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I personally do not understand how some people can be, and are "in the know". Seems to me they have an advantage over others... Like preparing for events etc...

It's because of those players that we know which are the best buildings to upgrade and which areas to farm for the best drop rates. Players that don't visit the forums don't have access to that info. You have an advantage over them.

JohnDough
11-06-2012, 01:11 PM
I doubt it will be more rewarding than the boss event

Feng1234
11-06-2012, 01:14 PM
It's because of those players that we know which are the best buildings to upgrade and which areas to farm for the best drop rates. Players that don't visit the forums don't have access to that info. You have an advantage over them.

Big, big advantage. Otherwise you will be robbing ****loads of buildings everyday. It's because they don't access the forums that we don't have any good buildings to rob lol...

PawnXIIX
11-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Big, big advantage. Otherwise you will be robbing ****loads of buildings everyday. It's because they don't access the forums that we don't have any good buildings to rob lol...

Example:
Non forum member don't know clothing stores are garbage, but yield high amounts of RP. I find tons of unrobbed clothing stores of high level and nobody retaliates after they get robbed a couple hundred dollars. Meanwhile I spend 4 stamina max to get upwards to the tune of nearly 75 RP in some cases.

Everybody builds them, but not many forum members do because we know type A buildings are the better option. Then nobody else knows to rob them, because they never tried in the first place.

MR_M
11-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Well I think I've been 'Invaded' just an hour ago....!!

I thought I got robbed by a fricken hacker when this prick was able to suck me for $341,000 45 minutes BEFORE my office building was even ready collect.

I was trying to figure out how I lost all this money when I'd been activley playing for a solid 30 mins and I had NOTHING ready to collect, but somehow lost $341G....

Only when I went to collect on the very second my office building was ready to pay out did I INSTANTLY loose exactly $341G of the total.

Now I've got to work out how to invade the little %^$&* back!

Bring it.... heh heh

So have I been attacked by a hacker as it doesn't really sound like what happened has anything to do with the Invasion event ??

If this activity is not legit then I'm going to name & shame the player who was able to rob me before my buildings are ready to collect.

HenryVIII
11-06-2012, 05:52 PM
I agree with everything you all are saying. And I applaude everyone who has taken hours upon hours to put together algorithms or charts or spreadsheets detailing the best of everything.

And yes, I also agree with Paulio that the forums are a big advantage over people who do not browse these forums. I've seen this first hand with my buddy who also plays and I have to seemingly "coach" him on basic stuff.

I guess I'll just retreate to live and let live, Knowing I will never be privy to pre-info like the computer gurus are.

Paulio
11-06-2012, 05:55 PM
The event is up now. Check it out: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41619-Invasion-Event-and-Mob-Turf-War

PawnXIIX
11-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Now that the event is live I'll talk about what I personally knew

- There were 2 items to collect, snitch notes and the bullets.
- The drop rates of said items depending on the energy required for the job.
- There were 4 classes of enemies.
- There would be 3 loot items to get per person defeated.
- The boss has a separate energy bar in comparison, likely would be much harder to defeat
- Money, Respect, and Mafia rewards

There's not much else I personally found out. As you can see there's a big gap in information there, and that was all deciphered from looking at pieces of images and just generally examining the code that exists.