PDA

View Full Version : need some strategy help...

Mr.Grumpy
11-05-2012, 06:38 PM
my stats:

level: 89
mafia attack: 6200
mafia defense: 7750
IPH: $13,200
Energy: 2400
Stamina: 5
Respect: 440

so where do i go from here? i have 34 skill points to allocate—basically because i don't know where to put them. i seem to be the weakest player in all of crime city. i can't win any PvP because my stats are so bad. (my current PvP achievements are attack level 22 or greater and 6 consecutive fights v 3 mafia or more).

any help is appreciated.

Beardy
11-05-2012, 06:44 PM
5 Stamina?! 2400 Energy?!

I think you should ask Gree for a skill point reset (I don't think they usually do these, but explain your problem and I hope they will).

If not, stop doing PVE Jobs.

Buy Chain Whips with your Respect Points.. (Or best RP item at your level).

How many Mafia do you have?

Dipstik
11-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I suggest clicking on things and waiting. Also, how many henchmen do you have?

nopenopenope
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
March-November have not served you well...

Elastic Earl
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
put it all in Stamina. stop doing jobs. build your economy. buy better items. dont build defense buildings.
when you can start beating people do it to earn RP and buy even better items. you will continue to get eaten alive if you level up with those stats. How many mafia do you have?

Edit: Do not listen to Dipstick. See below.

BigD@wg
11-05-2012, 06:50 PM

Play nicely Dipstick!

MrGrumpy... Do not buy henchmen. They are worthless!

Beardy
11-05-2012, 06:51 PM

Hmm, henchmen joke not so funny anymore...

Guy who isn't a troll asking for help, come on lol.

Dipstik
11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Joking about henchmen... Not funny. People buying henchmen... Very funny. You're just looking at it from the wrong perspective.

Beardy
11-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Agreed. If he actually bought some henchmen it would be win.

nopenopenope
11-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Lies! Joking about henchmen is hysterically funny.

Beardy
11-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Lies! Joking about henchmen is hysterically funny.

Yeah... When I first heard the joke a few months back.

Honey Boo Boo
11-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes. Always funny.

Mr.Grumpy
11-05-2012, 07:05 PM
i have 400 mafia.

i know, i feel i've done it all backwards or something. i've kinda just being casually playing along but now i want to put a strategy in place.

i've been buying yamaha race bikes with my R points but only have 9. you think i should save up and go for the chain whips?

and as far as cash items to buy, what should i do there? (i have 780 weapons and 380 armour). basically i've just been buying the weapons to get the achievements.

Mr.Grumpy
11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
yeah, the "clicking on things and waiting" kind of gave it away, lol.

Elastic Earl
11-05-2012, 07:11 PM
i have 400 mafia.

i know, i feel i've done it all backwards or something. i've kinda just being casually playing along but now i want to put a strategy in place.

i've been buying yamaha race bikes with my R points but only have 9. you think i should save up and go for the chain whips?

and as far as cash items to buy, what should i do there? (i have 780 weapons and 380 armour). basically i've just been buying the weapons to get the achievements.

stop buying items for achievements. based on your stats earning XP is your enemy. build money earning buildings and keep upgrading. take that cash and buy weapons. find 500 mafia and not much more.

Dipstik
11-05-2012, 07:12 PM
yeah, the "clicking on things and waiting" kind of gave it away, lol.

Well that IS the strategy in this game, amirite? Either that or "spend more"

Honey Boo Boo
11-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Start playing a new game. It's too late for you or beg for a reset.

Sounds mean, but all you people giving advice know its true. Those stats are awful.

Beardy
11-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Well that IS the strategy in this game, amirite? Either that or "spend more"

The strategy would be 'which things to click on and when to click them'.

Mr.Grumpy
11-05-2012, 07:15 PM
thanks earl for a quick, helpful response.

dipstik, i also have some gold piled up, would you recommend tiki statues or totems poles? or should i just go with flags?

Mr.Grumpy
11-05-2012, 07:17 PM
honey boo boo, don't say it's too late, i can turn it around. or seriously, is it mission impossible?

Beardy
11-05-2012, 07:18 PM
honey boo boo, don't say it's too late, i can turn it around. or seriously, is it mission impossible?

Depends what you want from this game...

Do stats (wins/losses) bother you?

Sunsets
11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
my stats:

so where do i go from here? i have 34 skill points to allocate—basically because i don't know where to put them. i seem to be the weakest player in all of crime city. i can't win any PvP because my stats are so bad. (my current PvP achievements are attack level 22 or greater and 6 consecutive fights v 3 mafia or more). any help is appreciated.

Honestly, I'd consider requesting a reset for your account, and then trying a camping/crawling or PvP only approach if you want better stats without spending an arm and a leg on gold.

Your skill points are invested rather poorly in my opinion, but they don't allow you to change that unless you completely start over.

If resetting isn't an option though, then I would completely stop doing the random jobs and goals in various areas, because you're getting worthless exp, leveling too fast, and not building your stats or income up high enough. I'd suggest that you drop all of your additional mafia, and request to have any additional henchmen you've got remaining removed.

After you've done that, I would focus solely on building up your income and defense. Try to get at LEAST one of the best possible item you can for each category, as you'll be much better off equipping a very small mafia with incredibly powerful items, rather than equipping a significantly larger mafia with weaker ones.

As you obtain enough gear/weaponry to fully equip more mafia members with better items, you can then look to rebuilding your mafia. You can also start "saving" up mafia requests now, so that as soon as you've developed enough, you can immediately begin re-adding your mob.

But ... That's all just what I would do :p

Honey Boo Boo
11-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Depends what you want from this game...

Do stats (wins/losses) bother you?

Your only chance is to crawl for months and smart rob LMs, clothing stores, collection agencies,etc to get RP for better weapons. Still think its too late though.

Sunsets
11-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Still think its too late though.

Agreed. He'd be better off just restarting imo.

Lonestoner
11-05-2012, 08:15 PM

I also would highly recommend dropping your mafia down where you are using better items for the members you do have.. People with 400 mafia are going to have 12k+ attack at your level for the most part. Drop down where you are seeing people that you can beat occasionally, then start doing the things everyone else has recommended, such as chain whips and vehicles if you need them.

Finding a good farming spot for a certain item you're weak on is a good idea too. Check the best of the best guides for the loot spreadsheet. :)

Nicky the Nose
11-09-2012, 09:38 PM
my stats:

so where do i go from here? i have 34 skill points to allocate—basically because i don't know where to put them. i seem to be the weakest player in all of crime city. i can't win any PvP because my stats are so bad. (my current PvP achievements are attack level 22 or greater and 6 consecutive fights v 3 mafia or more).

any help is appreciated.

I have a lv 14 game with better stats, ask support for a reset

Read Micky's guide its old but its good place to start, its in Syn's best of the best guide

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?9259-Tired-of-Rolling-Noobs-A-Guide-to-Success

Burn
11-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Everything you need is here...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15506-The-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!

Feng1234
11-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Before a hatching, read the forum and understand where you went wrong. Then follow suggestions. No point starting again if you will repeat all the mistakes.

Kissnight
11-10-2012, 04:45 AM
If u think this game is of great fun, then invest ur money in it.
Tomatoneverdie is cureently the top free player(not exactly but like only one vault he had spent) around ur level with stats like 49k(without TP)
So u will need to spend 10vaults plus gold bonus and invest on crates to reach that figures.
Then, u can enjoy ur game comfortably till level 175.

Dipstik
11-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Tomatoneverdie is cureently the top free player(not exactly but like only one vault he had spent)

... Facepalm.jpg

Ramshutu
11-10-2012, 11:23 AM
my stats:

any help is appreciated.

Your stats are pretty bad, but not beyond redemption.

I think you can recover your situation, but realistically it will take a lot of work. Requesting a reset and then playing with a better strategy is the easier option. If you want to go for a 'project' in building up your stats, I would suggest the following.

1.) No more levelling. No missions or maps, and no PvP. Doing these will cause you to level, and will water down any gains that you are able to make. Maybe invest in the odd attack for boss events, but not box events. With boss events, you don't have to level much if you cannot get too high up the boss levels, but you can end up earning lots of xp in auction events, it is probably best to sit them out (the gain is also small for these.)

2.) build up your economy, make regular collections and try and get to about 50k per hour, preferably focusing on 12/24 buildings that are easier to collect.

3.) Work out what your weakest items are. When you have built up your economy, you can provided a quick boost to your stats with cash items if you have poor stats. Uzi, Meat Cleavers/Mace, swat helmets, riot helmets, riot shields and 69 Cameros can fill a stat gap if your exceptionally poor. Concentrate on buying stop gap items in areas where you are particularly weak.

4.) When your stats are improving a little, and you start being able to find people worth attacking, think about investing in frag and anthrax grenades to assist in your attacking. Don't worry about defensive explosives, as you will just end up loosing them.

5.) When you find yourself able to attack more, concentrate on your thug life goals until you get to the thug life mission that requires 30 kills. After this, be boring and attack RP rich buildings (Lofts, Lvl 7 laundromats, collection agencies and magic playhouses). Do not try and rob anything else. Plow all RP into yamaha race bikes and night vision binoculars until you have 100 of each, no more. Then go for chain whips and, eventually exceleros.

6.) XP is your enemy. Always ask yourself if you can get a better increase for every xp you earn. If other players are improving their stats more per each xp, you will get weaker relatively as you go on.

7.) Collect tap joy gold. Invest this either in 3x crates or in getting further in boss event missions.

8.) If you level up at all, Plow all skill points into stam/atk/def, some people hate atk/def points, but I try and keep these high.

All of the above will take at least a couple of months to get you competitive (but as the gold gap opens up after level 80 or so, I don't think you will ever really be 'strong'). It will also require the self control of a Jedi to achieve it.

JohnDough
11-10-2012, 01:33 PM
thanks earl for a quick, helpful response.

dipstik, i also have some gold piled up, would you recommend tiki statues or totems poles? or should i just go with flags?

No do not spend gold on decorations!!! How much gold do you have??

Like people have said resetting would be the easiest way to go so you can restart with a better strategy. If that is not an option you need to pitch a tent. AKA camping. Don't level at All. Don't do any missions.

Build you economy. Upgrade your buildings buy more money buildings to build your IPH.
Drop your mafia to under 100 for now so you don't get abused. PM me if you new more help.