PDA

View Full Version : Proprioc3ption joins the boycott!

Proprioc3ption
11-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I am boycotting all Funzio/GREE games. I've been apart of the computer gaming industry for 30 years, as a gamer and programmer.

NEVER have I seen such ridiculously inflated prices on in game options in my life! I truly am disgusted at the underlying manipulative facts that surround this company in their reasons to develop these game. All of them say they are free. That's is, free to an extent.

What they don't tell new players is there is a large group of paying players that are in a completely different league to what you as a free player is in, yet they are in the same league! YES, that's right, they can attack you at will (Free Player) and decimate your kingdom and all you have spent time on. How is that fair or even fun? Yes, fun for the gem players but not people who are just here to play a game. Hackers exasperate this problem further, yet nothing is done about it.

Time, is money. A great reputation is money! You want to make money? Develop a game that people love and come back for! A game where people are challenged but evenness abides. A game where players strategies make the difference in being a great Kingdom or finding yourself on the loosing end. You seem to think that people are plain stupid and will just keep emptying their pockets to you with no action from you to make the game more even, playable and no longer a rip off.

YOU ARE WRONG!

You would be more successful in developing this game on three tiers;
1. Free game - Initial $5 cost to purchase the game but remain in the limited level or map range till you decide to subscribe. (Because GREE that's all it's really worth.) this player will not be seen by or attacked by theirs 2 or 3.
2. Subscription game - Initial cost of $5 to purchase the game. Ongoing monthly subscription fee of $5 because that's all it's worth and that's all the time and effort the company seems to be putting in.
3. Gem buying Subscriber - as previous, $5 initial cost, $5 monthly subscription fee and a subscription to purchase gems for a high end gamer. Once you choose this path you will be in a high end class of players where money and strategy will dictate play. However, the ridiculously inflated prices will need to be adjusted as follows;

1. 99c - 85 Gems
2. $1.95 - 170 Gems/Gold
3. $2.90 - 255 Gems/Gold
4. $3.85 - 340 Gems/Gold
5. $4.80 - 425 Gems/Gold
6. $5.75 - 510 Gems/Gold
7. $6.70 - 595 Gems/Gold
8. $7.65 - 680 Gems/Gold
9. $8.60 - 765 Gems/Gold
10. $9.55 - 850 Gems/Gold
19. $18.15 - 1615 Gems/Gold
20. $20 mega Gem pack - 2000 Gems/Gold

Also, remove or adjust events where gem use gives you a random outcome in where it can produce nothing in return.
I think you can be honest in agreeing that you wouldn't just throw money out the window? Wld you GREE? So don't expect players of your game too. This game is not in the GAMBLING section.
Instead allow a player to reap random units with random strengths if you must have random luck events. It's quite easy, all it takes is a role of a dice...wether it be 6,9 or 12 etc. that way, you remain an open book to your players.

I'll leave it here for now but may add more later. I've got kids to deal with now.

Here are the demands by PUN also which I totally agree with so no point in re-writing them:

- I request visible leader boards during all events for the entire duration of said events.
This would be cool, but doesn't affect me as I don't even get into the top 250

- I request all boosts to be visible to me.
This is vague to me. Are you talking about an enemies nation boost & defense/attack skill point boost or are you talking about the boosts from special units that are won in events? If it is the first, then that has been how it's been since the beginning. If it is the later, then this doesn't effect me as the only units I have won (only two or three with boosts), I have seen the effects (for the most part). Casualty rate has always been hidden, so I can't comment on that.

- I request you immediately remove all “non-casualty glitch” accounts, because by giving them invincibility for FREE, you devalued my purchased products.
I rarely loose in battles, but I choose my targets wisely and do believe that has a big impact in the casualty. I also have level 10 boost building and another unit that offers (I think 2% reduction). It does suck when I lose an ACC, but it happens rarely now.

- Because YOU chose to devalue YOUR game, I am requesting an immediate 66% reduction in the retail price of all in game products on offer.
As I am a free player, this does not affect me.

- Until you reduce your prices by 66% (across the board), I will not make any purchases.

- I don’t NEED the items you sell, you do NEED my money.

- Or, you can continue GIFTING your products to the “non-casualty” glitchers.
Same issue as above?

- I am instituting a one week BOYCOTT effective immediately on all my game play across ALL of your games.
- I will actively encourage others to decide if your game warrants their time, efforts, and funding.
- I will evaluate, on a weekly basis, what further actions I will employ; should you foolishly ignore my demands.

Dry
11-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Pls ****offanddie !!!!

Hero of Time
11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Seriously? Did you not read Mark's post about how all these threads were close to spam?

CAPT.GIN
11-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I am boycotting all Funzio/GREE games. I've been apart of the computer gaming industry for 30 years, as a gamer and programmer.

NEVER have I seen such ridiculously inflated prices on in game options in my life! I truly am disgusted at the underlying manipulative facts that surround this company in their reasons to develop these game. All of them say they are free. That's is, free to an extent.

What they don't tell new players is there is a large group of paying players that are in a completely different league to what you as a free player is in, yet they are in the same league! YES, that's right, they can attack you at will (Free Player) and decimate your kingdom and all you have spent time on. How is that fair or even fun? Yes, fun for the gem players but not people who are just here to play a game. Hackers exasperate this problem further, yet nothing is done about it.

Time, is money. A great reputation is money! You want to make money? Develop a game that people love and come back for! A game where people are challenged but evenness abides. A game where players strategies make the difference in being a great Kingdom or finding yourself on the loosing end. You seem to think that people are plain stupid and will just keep emptying their pockets to you with no action from you to make the game more even, playable and no longer a rip off.

YOU ARE WRONG!

You would be more successful in developing this game on three tiers;
1. Free game - Initial $5 cost to purchase the game but remain in the limited level or map range till you decide to subscribe. (Because GREE that's all it's really worth.) this player will not be seen by or attacked by theirs 2 or 3.
2. Subscription game - Initial cost of $5 to purchase the game. Ongoing monthly subscription fee of $5 because that's all it's worth and that's all the time and effort the company seems to be putting in.
3. Gem buying Subscriber - as previous, $5 initial cost, $5 monthly subscription fee and a subscription to purchase gems for a high end gamer. Once you choose this path you will be in a high end class of players where money and strategy will dictate play. However, the ridiculously inflated prices will need to be adjusted as follows;

1. 99c - 85 Gems
2. $1.95 - 170 Gems
3. $2.90 - 255 Gems
4. $3.85 - 340 Gems
5. $4.80 - 425 Gems
6. $5.75 - 510 Gems
7. $6.70 - 595 Gems
8. $7.65 - 680 Gems
9. $8.60 - 765 Gems
10. $9.55 - 850 Gems
19. $18.15 - 1615 Gems
20. $20 mega Gem pack - 2000 Gems

Also, remove or adjust events where gem use gives you a random outcome in where it can produce nothing in return.
I think you can be honest in agreeing that you wouldn't just throw money out the window? Wld you GREE? So don't expect players of your game too. This game is not in the GAMBLING section.
Instead allow a player to reap random units with random strengths if you must have random luck events. It's quite easy, all it takes is a role of a dice...wether it be 6,9 or 12 etc. that way, you remain an open book to your players.

I'll leave it here for now but may add more later. I've got kids to deal with now.

Here are the demands by PUN also which I totally agree with so no point in re-writing them:

- I request visible leader boards during all events for the entire duration of said events.
This would be cool, but doesn't affect me as I don't even get into the top 250

- I request all boosts to be visible to me.
This is vague to me. Are you talking about an enemies nation boost & defense/attack skill point boost or are you talking about the boosts from special units that are won in events? If it is the first, then that has been how it's been since the beginning. If it is the later, then this doesn't effect me as the only units I have won (only two or three with boosts), I have seen the effects (for the most part). Casualty rate has always been hidden, so I can't comment on that.

- I request you immediately remove all “non-casualty glitch” accounts, because by giving them invincibility for FREE, you devalued my purchased products.
I rarely loose in battles, but I choose my targets wisely and do believe that has a big impact in the casualty. I also have level 10 boost building and another unit that offers (I think 2% reduction). It does suck when I lose an ACC, but it happens rarely now.

- Because YOU chose to devalue YOUR game, I am requesting an immediate 66% reduction in the retail price of all in game products on offer.

- Until you reduce your prices by 66% (across the board), I will not make any purchases.

- I don’t NEED the items you sell, you do NEED my money.

- Or, you can continue GIFTING your products to the “non-casualty” glitchers.
Same issue as above?

- I am instituting a one week BOYCOTT effective immediately on all my game play across ALL of your games.
- I will actively encourage others to decide if your game warrants their time, efforts, and funding.
- I will evaluate, on a weekly basis, what further actions I will employ; should you foolishly ignore my demands.

That was some great reading!!! I'm glad you joined us in boycotting! Don't worry about what the other two guys said!

Dr. Dengus
11-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Seriously? Did you not read Mark's post about how all these threads were close to spam?

He said 1 thread per person.

I'd like to ask that you please confine yourselves to 1 thread per individual about this issue, or it becomes spam. If this gets out of hand I will have to create a single boycott thread and ask that all discussion of the boycott takes place there.

CAPT.GIN
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Dr.d your boycotting to rite?

Alaska Ken
11-04-2012, 07:51 PM
He said 1 thread per person.
That is correct, one thread per person.
Very well said Prorioc3ption, I'm glad more people are joining this cause. We just want to make the game better for everyone.
Those that are complaining about to many boycott threads, don't read them. If it says boycott right in the thread title just move on to the next one.

General Soviet
11-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the boycott! Glad to have another person onboard.

JohnnyR
11-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the boycott.

Stand long and firm, we are all in this together.

Товарищ
11-05-2012, 06:05 AM
@Proprioc3ption I agree with much of what you write, very good writing and welcome to the boycott!
However, I'd like to say how much I like the "harshness" in MW!
This is different to all games today being dumbed-down, simple, linear, and hold your hand all the way! You must remember this from your oldskool days, right?
As a free player I have nothing to lose so to say.
But if you cross the real money line, then it technically does become gambling! And not getting that #10 part for your 20% air boost unit after 1-3k gold is insanely infuriating I can imagine...

BigD@wg
11-05-2012, 06:13 AM

You obviously didn't read CCMs post. It said one thread per person was allowed. you apparently have nothing constructive to add to our cause so why don't you stop clicking on posts regarding the boycott. No one is forcing you to be apart of it.

Proprioc3ption
11-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks for your support guys.
Personally I think I've made some very valid points. As someone who started off as a free player, then went Gem/Gold happy in both Kingdon Age and Modern War, I've seen both sides of this game and the many flaws it has.

The developers wld be silly not to pay attention to their big game players.

For those not wishing to support this boycott I/we have no issue with you guys as you need a reason to support something and if you don't have a reason then it's understandable.

For those supporting this boycott, stay true! All for one, and one for all!

GREE, Players make a game succeed or fail... Fail your players... Fail the game!

Harry Tuttle
11-07-2012, 04:29 AM
I'm staying true Proprioc3ption!

Harry Tuttle
11-12-2012, 04:22 AM
2nd week! Add me fellow boycotter! Code in sig.