PDA

View Full Version : Concerted, Targeted, Meaningful Action is Required

Thunder Child
11-04-2012, 03:54 PM
I posted a variant of this on my own boycott thread, but it was suggested there that I should post my own suggestions if I had any....

I stand by my belief that communication is the key issue here. To that end, any and all action must simply have as its goal to get Gree to sit down and discuss the various issues that have long been a concern.

How to do this?

First, the one week "let's see what it achieves" boycott is not going to ruffle too many feathers. Personally, I would be on board if people committed, and I mean really COMMITTED, to a long term / permanent embargo on gold sales AND USE, as well as ALL events. This would make a difference, I think.

Second, and in conjunction with the above, as Speed has said, people MUST get out there and spread the word - each and every person would have to spend the time usually spend raiding and attacking on visiting hundreds / thousands of walls to take this beyond the Forum.

These two actions, combined and pursued vigorously, would no doubt have some effect if actioned over a number of weeks or even months. At some point, it would hopefully encourage the powers that be to open up lines of communication that might ultimately bring about change.

JohnnyR
11-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Then what're you waiting for TC?! Looks like the man with the plan here, let's go!

Ferr
11-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I posted a variant of this on my own boycott thread, but it was suggested there that I should post my own suggestions if I had any....

I stand by my belief that communication is the key issue here. To that end, any and all action must simply have as its goal to get Gree to sit down and discuss the various issues that have long been a concern.

How to do this?

First, the one week "let's see what it achieves" boycott is not going to ruffle too many feathers. Personally, I would be on board if people committed, and I mean really COMMITTED, to a long term / permanent embargo on gold sales AND USE, as well as ALL events. This would make a difference, I think.

Second, and in conjunction with the above, as Speed has said, people MUST get out there and spread the word - each and every person would have to spend the time usually spend raiding and attacking on visiting hundreds / thousands of walls to take this beyond the Forum.

These two actions, combined and pursued vigorously, would no doubt have some effect if actioned over a number of weeks or even months. At some point, it would hopefully encourage the powers that be to open up lines of communication that might ultimately bring about change.
So join and take this boycot further, be a frontrunner, leader. Go for it, act, do something. If i would have a wand to convince everyone of your plan i would do it immediately.

Thunder Child
11-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Then what're you waiting for TC?! Looks like the man with the plan here, let's go!There are obviously a whole heap of people involved in this thing now, and those who have 'signed up' did so with the week's "let's see what happens" strategy in mind. I will not sign up for another token gesture.

When the gold boycott happened in the summer, I got on board right away, but within minutes of a gold sale people were scrambling for their wallets and seemed to forget their principles in a flash...

Ferr
11-04-2012, 04:15 PM
There are obviously a whole heap of people involved in this thing now, and those who have 'signed up' did so with the week's "let's see what happens" strategy in mind. I will not sign up for another token gesture.

When the gold boycott happened in the summer, I got on board right away, but within minutes of a gold sale people were scrambling for their wallets and seemed to forget their principles in a flash...
Then my hope lies when you see the boycot deepening. I wont stop after one week and knowing some of the others they wont stop either. Feel free to join whenever you think its worthwhile.

Vballmadam
11-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I believe those on the bandwagon are people with integrity like yourself. They will stand true. We can't control men or women without integrity. They are the ones who will sell their souls to the devil or jump ship.

If we don't come together and TRY to invoke change, then Gree will think it's just a few players and nothing WILL change!

Ferr
11-04-2012, 04:26 PM
This boycott ain't gonna last wait till ferr sees the next auction event prize he will not resist
I will await you apology flan after the event.