PDA

View Full Version : Joining boycott - general question: GREE = Japanese?

Guderian40
11-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks to all of you who actively support the further enhancement of that game by giving a clear signal towards GREE with that boycott. My full support for PUN, Ferr, Madam and all the others.

GREE has Japanese roots. As a consultant I met many Japanese businessmen, I travelled to Japan several times, I met many Japanese students during my MBA and other studies, becoming friends - and I learnt a lot from them, also concerning business, also very fundamental things:

1. Customer ist King. Listen to your customers as much as possible.
2. 100% Reliability. Keep all promises you have made to them.
3. Continous improvement and enhancement. Kaizen. There is no status quo in business, either improvement or decline.

Now, I ask myself: Is GREE a serious Japanese company or just one of those fast growing faster declining IT bubble new economies, of which I have seen so many grow up and collapsing since 2000?

Is customer King for them? Do they keep their promises? Do they continously improve their games?

How long will such a company survive in the "whale territory" ;-) of daily changing IT-business?

Ferr
11-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks to all of you who actively support the further enhancement of that game by giving a clear signal towards GREE with that boycott. My full support for PUN, Ferr, Madam and all the others.

GREE has Japanese roots. As a consultant I met many Japanese businessmen, I travelled to Japan several times, I met many Japanese students during my MBA and other studies, becoming friends - and I learnt a lot from them, also concerning business, also very fundamental things:

1. Customer ist King. Listen to your customers as much as possible.
2. 100% Reliability. Keep all promises you have made to them.
3. Continous improvement and enhancement. Kaizen. There is no status quo in business, either improvement or decline.

Now, I ask myself: Is GREE a serious Japanese company or just one of those fast growing faster declining IT bubble new economies, of which I have seen so many grow up and collapsing since 2000?

Is customer King for them? Do they keep their promises? Do they continously improve their games?

How long will such a company survive in the "whale territory" ;-) of daily changing IT-business?
Good point. They are not truly japanese yet as the take over by gree is pretty recent. We may expect more japanese values in the future....

PIRATE JUSTICE
11-04-2012, 12:47 PM
As pathetic as the small fish was, the bigger fish is far worse.

The little fish made small steps, and tried to show a modicum of courtesy, concern, and appreciation for their customer.

The big fish swam along and ate the smaller fish.

The bigger fish is far less customer centric than the smaller fish could ever have been.

The bigger fish is unresponsive to customer concerns, takes no interest in providing what the customer desires, choosing to decide what the customer will get, instead.

Japanese, Chinese, German, Mexican, the nationality is unimportant.

Even a kid cutting lawns to make pocket change understands if he fails to service his customer properly, the customer will terminate his services.

The big fish fails miserably on every front.

The big fish doesn't care, because we never cared.

If the big fish doesn't mend his ways, I'll banish myself to a "big fish" free life.

None of us NEED to play this game, but the big fish NEEDS to eat.

Good point. They are not truly japanese yet as the take over by gree is pretty recent. We may expect more japanese values in the future....

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-04-2012, 01:42 PM
You are using American tactics against a Japaneese company that doesnt look at things as you do....