PDA

View Full Version : Free Players Boycott

JohnnyR
11-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Free players might not think it's worth it. Here is why it is:

-Support. Improve event support, in game support, forum support. Everyone would benefit if there was a greater GREE forum presence. Whether through clarity, or quicker handling of problems.

-Boost Units. Many gold players have acquired these units. They appear to be invisible, so it was claimed. Fact is they simply don't work. If (when?) free players can acquire these, you'll speak up-sure, but why should goldies care if you don't care about their's? All for one, one for all. If you stand with them, they stand with you.

-Ethics. If you think it's fair to cheat someone, go ahead and support that system. GREE is that system. GREE is actively cheatimg the highest paying player in the game, and CONTINUES to put out events that carry broken units.

-Accountability. GREE needs to know from all of us that broken units, broken events, that no matter who they affect directly-affect all of us.

-Better game play. GREE is focused on pumping goldies for money, event after event. If you want this game to be nothing more than a money milking event thing, let it be. As it is, game play is suffering because of endless events with no focus on actual game improvement. The game is what you're playing after all, make GREE improve it before shaking down goldies for more cash.

TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Dhusagar
11-04-2012, 07:15 AM

-Support. Improve event support, in game support, forum support. Everyone would benefit if there was a greater GREE forum presence. Whether through clarity, or quicker handling of problems.

-Boost Units. Many gold players have acquired these units. They appear to be invisible, so it was claimed. Fact is they simply don't work. If (when?) free players can acquire these, you'll speak up-sure, but why should goldies care if you don't care about their's? All for one, one for all. If you stand with them, they stand with you.

-Ethics. If you think it's fair to cheat someone, go ahead and support that system. GREE is that system. GREE is actively cheatimg the highest paying player in the game, and CONTINUES to put out events that carry broken units.

-Accountability. GREE needs to know from all of us that broken units, broken events, that no matter who they affect directly-affect all of us.

-Better game play. GREE is focused on pumping goldies for money, event after event. If you want this game to be nothing more than a money milking event thing, let it be. As it is, game play is suffering because of endless events with no focus on actual game improvement. The game os what you're playing after all, make GREE improve it before shaking down goldies for more cash.

TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Brilliantly put!

It's all a dream
11-04-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm with you guys. No events, attacking, no raiding and no tapjoy. Gree needs to learn

Hulk
11-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Free players should still play. Just dont spend any tapjoy gold or watch any videos because Greed makes money off of them. If everyone continues to play and just boycott gold. Wouldn't Greed would lose even more?

Mad
11-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Though I agree with your goals, these are strictly whale issues and have nothing to do with free to medium sized gold spenders. In fact, I have seen whales on this forum resisting issues that profoundly affect free to medium sized gold spenders.

1. When good loot was available, that would primarily benefit free to medium sized gold spenders, the whales on this forum said they complained to Funzio and the loot items were stopped.

2. When free to medium gold spenders kept there allies under the 500 ally mark to avoid being pummeled by the whales, on this forum they were threatened and then hunted down by the whales.

There are other issues as well and now you want our support. Interesting.

JohnnyR
11-04-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm free Mad.

Easy loot drops (Wavebreakers) make the game unbalanced and were obviously a mistake. Yes I took all I could though!

Better game play. To me, this is key. Wheres the new content? Was away for almost 2 months and nothing changed!

Sugarymama
11-04-2012, 07:33 AM
Though I agree with your goals, these are strictly whale issues and have nothing to do with free to medium sized gold spenders. In fact, I have seen whales on this forum resisting issues that profoundly affect free to medium sized gold spenders.

1. When good loot was available, that would primarily benefit free to medium sized gold spenders, the whales on this forum said they complained to Funzio and the loot items were stopped.

2. When free to medium gold spenders kept there allies under the 500 ally mark to avoid being pummeled by the whales, on this forum they were threatened and then hunted down by the whales.

Well said. Yes, these are mostly whale issues, and while no one who spends $ should feel cheated or swindled, it would seem like the simple solution would be to stop spending $. But I know it's never that simple..

Dhusagar
11-04-2012, 07:46 AM

Mad I am not a whale: I am a small/medium gold spender. I don't have fantastic stats and I never seem to get good drop items.

But the point is: after getting shafted a few times, it doesn't matter who you are - it begins to hurt!

JohnnyR
11-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Whatever you spend or don't, I'm betting all of you would like greater forum presence and more focus on game mechanics and game play rather than events. Events with broken units<playable game.

I encourage every player regardless of $$$ invested to join PIRATE JUSTICE, FERR, PUN, and independent players everywhere in the boycott for improvement.

Poopenshire
11-04-2012, 07:53 AM
While I am by far not a whale nor am I a totally free player anymore ( I bought 4 vaults in april and may) I work and play very hard to be competitive in this game. I am tired of glitchers and hacker destroying and demeaning what I work hard for. Many times I have run against both these type players and had to work even harder to overcome the setbacks. We all can and will be affected at some point. It matters more to those who see the affectrs more than others.

Arizona
11-04-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm free Mad.

Easy loot drops (Wavebreakers) make the game unbalanced and were obviously a mistake. Yes I took all I could though!

Better game play. To me, this is key. Wheres the new content? Was away for almost 2 months and nothing changed!
Johnny, I think the game has improved a lot in less than a year it's been going. There's a lot more events designed to appeal to all types of players. No one is ever going to be happy, but I do think this is a game in progress. Sure mistakes are made and hopefully lessons are learned by Funzio and Gree.
I can't support something I disagree with, more especially by a group of hypocrites.

bigflan
11-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Hey guys boycott let's me get all the goodies maybe I can win the next leader board event with 1 item

Helmi88
11-04-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm a free player and I'm with you guys . No event . No attacking . No raiding . No tapjoy . Full support for BOYCOTT although I am not involved with any purchase gold but I can't let others being cheated. Selfish . That's not me .

Mad
11-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Mad I am not a whale: I am a small/medium gold spender. I don't have fantastic stats and I never seem to get good drop items.

But the point is: after getting shafted a few times, it doesn't matter who you are - it begins to hurt!

Look I always agree with issues of accountability and transparency.

But now for a reality check. The issues directly being addressed are primarily Whale issues.

Do the whales care about the issues affecting Free to medium gold spenders? I doubt it. In fact, I think they would probably oppose some of them.

Though the poll I started on "Reforming Modern War" doesn't reflect it, I think one of the major issues for us is to set a limit on how many Gold units can be brought into a battle -- I would like a limit of 70%. This in my opinion would help correct the imbalance between the whales and the rest of us. I am not saying to MW help me win, I only want to be able to survive the Whale Territory and by the increasing number of abandoned bases in Whale territory it is obviuos many aren't surviving.

In fact, on many issues whales on this forum have indicated they oppose changes that would help Free to Medium gold spenders. I just find it ironic that now they want us to support them.

Sugarymama
11-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Hey guys boycott let's me get all the goodies maybe I can win the next leader board event with 1 item

LOL! You would say that. And, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually won...lol.

Unrelated comment: We both became members of the forum the same time. Look at the difference in posts between you and I...crazy.

JohnnyR
11-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Johnny, I think the game has improved a lot in less than a year it's been going. There's a lot more events designed to appeal to all types of players. No one is ever going to be happy, but I do think this is a game in progress. Sure mistakes are made and hopefully lessons are learned by Funzio and Gree.
I can't support something I disagree with, more especially by a group of hypocrites.

For me it's principle based. I don't expect that to be the case with everyone. I'm free, and Ferr is the biggest spender of all-he still should not be screwed. GREE is in the wrong, period.

As free players, we need a better way to play than to find loot drops and pound them.

Events have improved, I'll agree-loving the boss events. However, broken boosts are still there! After MONTHS! And GREE denies it of course in the face of proof.

JohnnyR
11-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Look I always agree with issues of accountability and transparency.

But now for a reality check. The issues directly being addressed are primarily Whale issues.

Do the whales care about the issues affecting Free to medium gold spenders? I doubt it. In fact, I think they would probably oppose some of them.

Though the poll I started on "Reforming Modern War" doesn't reflect it, I think one of the major issues for us is to set a limit on how many Gold units being bought into a battle. This in my opinion go a long way to correcting the imbalance.

In fact, on many issues whales on this forum have indicated they oppose changes that would help Free to Medium gold spenders. I just find it ironic that now they want us to support them.

Wavebreakers and Transport Raiders and big loot drops are not the solution to game play problems for free players. That be the only thing goldies are against, I'd bet they'd support with you a better set of cash units, and other ways free players can EARN their way up though.

Bronson
11-04-2012, 08:18 AM
I don't see it as whales vs the rest - for me I am close to the whale zone and when I cross I am going full ally not hiding low down as whats the point?

Anyway if one of the whales wants to pummel me then they have paid the price to be able to do that so I will just take it on the chin but what I don't want is constant attacks by hackers and glitchers ruining all my hard work because they either cheated or was given an unfair advantage on the rest of the MW population.

Also why should we ever listen to what Gree has to say when they cant even fix the Bear boost which has been "invisible" since Summer.

These problems don't just affect the top 1% of players they affect all players but if you truly believe it wont affect you then that's great you don't need to boycott but if your not boycotting because it has been led by Pirates then.......

Helmi88
11-04-2012, 08:19 AM
For me it's principle based. I don't expect that to be the case with everyone. I'm free, and Ferr is the biggest spender of all-he still should not be screwed. GREE is in the wrong, period.

As free players, we need a better way to play than to find loot drops and pound them.

Events have improved, I'll agree-loving the boss events. However, broken boosts are still there! After MONTHS! And GREE denies it of course in the face of proof. Agree with you johnnyR . Improve a lot ??? I guess . No new building since they launching KA and MQ . Yess . Gree improve a lot to make people spend more money .

JohnnyR
11-04-2012, 08:22 AM
We're all in the same pond after 130, lol. Good post BronKing!

Bear Boost not working since SUMMER! Followed by lies. Followed by repeated shelling out of broke units. Followed by denial. All anyone needs to know about the way GREE operates.

asdfg12345
11-04-2012, 08:24 AM
lol, gree aint gonna care about free players.

Sugarymama
11-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I don't see it as whales vs the rest - for me I am close to the whale zone and when I cross I am going full ally not hiding low down as whats the point?

Anyway if one of the whales wants to pummel me then they have paid the price to be able to do that so I will just take it on the chin but what I don't want is constant attacks by hackers and glitchers ruining all my hard work because they either cheated or was given an unfair advantage on the rest of the MW population.

Also why should we ever listen to what Gree has to say when they cant even fix the Bear boost which has been "invisible" since Summer.

These problems don't just affect the top 1% of players they affect all players but if you truly believe it wont affect you then that's great you don't need to boycott but if your not boycotting because it has been led by Pirates then.......

Bronson, does anyone know who the hackers/glitched players are? I don't, so if I'm attacked by one I can't even report it. Is there a thread or list of who these players are posted anywhere??

Proprioc3ption
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Here's a good point for free players.

When you come up to someone who is a gold/gem player in these games and are consistently attacked by them what wld you do? Simply put up with it? It's completely unfair for free players to have to play agains gold/gem players. I'll be honest and say that I occasionally purchase gold/gems in these games. For example, in MW I'm at level 20 now, I haven't lost a match yet as I've camped my arse since the beginning of playing, while building everything up to lvl10s income wise and producing an unbeatable army...at least against free players around my level. Gem/Gold players are the only who could have a chance again me. How is this fair on the free player? I have pummeld bases relentlessly giving no one a chance. They all (well most) ally eventually but really, if I was on the other foot, I'd be p***ed!!!

I've said it in my boycott thread but there should be three tiers for players in these games. Each their only allowing their groupings to see each other. GREE will still make their money but more importantly, the players will be happier.

Have a read if you like;

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41537-Proprioc3ption-joins-the-boycott!&p=473828&viewfull=1#post473828

Harry Tuttle
11-05-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm a (mostly) free player and I support the boycott

jeffrey
11-05-2012, 08:14 PM

-Better game play. GREE is focused on pumping goldies for money, event after event. If you want this game to be nothing more than a money milking event thing, let it be. As it is, game play is suffering because of endless events with no focus on actual game improvement. The game is what you're playing after all, make GREE improve it before shaking down goldies for more cash.

TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Excellent points, John Rambo!

Harry Tuttle
11-06-2012, 03:40 AM
There are no free players. Are you a "free" player because you've invested nothing? Have you really never bought gold? Gree doesn't get paid for TapJoy? And your time is worthless? You are paying many people's salaries by playing this game, not to mention the building, servers, offices and the desks that are in them. I bet there's a few company iPhones with unlimited data packages, security service, cleaning personnel. The list is endless, and there's still a huge profit which is why Gree was interested in buying Funzio, plus the technical personnel, the titles, and non-compete clauses. There is no such thing as a free player. That term refers to the player's investment of real capital, not the company's capitalization of that player.

You've earned your pixels, they're not free.

Edit: x-forum people see what I did there? Lol

Ferr
11-06-2012, 01:37 PM

I have never complained about the issuance of loot items, i have never acted or spoken in any way that would put other players behind. In fact i recognize the a longer term problem of this game is the structural inbalance of this game. I promise you that once this is over and provided that i am still here, i will fight for more balance. This is not just for you but also for me. Why should i continue to play if there no opponants to fight with. By the same token i hope you can back me up when you know that some paying customars are fraudulently being screwed by the developers of a game you play as well.
Yours

ohwhatafinish
11-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Free players should still play. Just dont spend any tapjoy gold or watch any videos because Greed makes money off of them. If everyone continues to play and just boycott gold. Wouldn't Greed would lose even more?
Rate the game on the app store guys.

Mad
11-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Look the issue for me was never getting attacked by whales. This is war game. If you get pummeled welcome to war.

However, there is a huge imbalance and the free to medium gold spenders need to see some changes in order to at least survive whale territory. I am not asking to be able to win it, but simply to survive.

People are emerging into whale territory, getting pummeled to the point they can't even rebuild their armies. I have seen the posts of players asking for help, not sure what to do. Eventually, they just quit, then I have seen whales whining they have no one to attack because of all the abandoned bases. I have even wondered if the rival list glitch has something to do with this?

I have seen Whales on this forum vocally opposing changes that would give free to medium gold players a bit of a fighting chance.

I have seen threats and intimidation against free to medium gold players on this forum who are keeping their allies below 500 in order to avoid getting destroyed. I have heard Whales stating they have complained GREE about this. I have seen threats on this forum of whales saying they will reduce their Ally count to hunt these players down.

And now they want us to support them -- in what is largely a whale issue. I find it a bit ironic.

The sad thing is I whole heartedly believe accountability and transparency is vital to the future success of this game.

Ferr
11-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Look the issue for me was never getting attacked by whales. This is war game. If you get pummeled welcome to war.

However, there is a huge imbalance and the free to medium gold spenders need to see some changes in order to at least survive whale territory. I am not asking to be able to win it, but simply to survive.

People are emerging into whale territory, getting pummeled to the point they can't even rebuild their armies. I have seen the posts of players asking for help, not sure what to do. Eventually, they just quit, then I have seen whales whining they have no one to attack because of all the abandoned bases. I have even wondered if the rival list glitch has something to do with this?

I have seen Whales on this forum vocally opposing changes that would give free to medium gold players a bit of a fighting chance.

I have seen threats and intimidation against free to medium gold players on this forum who are keeping their allies below 500 in order to avoid getting destroyed. I have heard Whales stating they have complained GREE about this. I have seen threats on this forum of whales saying they will reduce their Ally count to hunt these players down.

And now they want us to support them -- in what is largely a whale issue. I find it a bit ironic.

The sad thing is I whole heartedly believe accountability and transparency is vital to the future success of this game.
Then back me up.... I will return the favour

Harry Tuttle
11-07-2012, 04:48 AM
I have no reason to believe that you are anything but honorable, Ferr. This is about respect vs contempt, not free vs gold.

Ferr
11-07-2012, 04:55 AM
I have no reason to believe that you are anything but honorable, Ferr. This is about respect vs contempt, not free vs gold.
Touche as well....

Mad
11-07-2012, 07:19 AM
I have never complained about the issuance of loot items, i have never acted or spoken in any way that would put other players behind. In fact i recognize the a longer term problem of this game is the structural inbalance of this game. I promise you that once this is over and provided that i am still here, i will fight for more balance. This is not just for you but also for me. Why should i continue to play if there no opponants to fight with. By the same token i hope you can back me up when you know that some paying customars are fraudulently being screwed by the developers of a game you play as well.
Yours

I agree completely Ferr. Among the whales you have been a breath of fresh air. I realize I was using a broad brush and painting a number of senior players with the same tint that did not apply to them. I apologize for that.

I have completely supported your endeavors from the beginning of your campaign. Accountability and Transparency are important for all players Gold and Free alike. These are also very reasonable expectations for any successful online game.

I was just pointing out there are concerns for non whales as well.

Maverick50727
11-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Yours
Ferr, I think like you in many ways. The imbalance is a real issue and would be happy to work with any who really are serious. I always state I'm one who likes challenge and frankly the imbalance is so bad it would be hard to correct, but I have posted some ideas along with Mad. Gold units and indestructibility has taken much of that away. One reason I'm a free player is that I don't want to play a game where I can never lose or even lost a unit. But with indestructible rewards many of us see this is being forced upon all. At this rate a person can become invincible by just playing long enough and never even using gold. A gold/indestructible unit cap to battle suggestion has been put forth as a possible solution, but requests more feedback for sure.

For now even I as a free player have found a niche where only the top whales and hacker can hit me. Losing much of the fun when people aren't educated and can hold their own. This was another reason I published a modern war resource sheet to create better players for more challenge. It adds value in many ways along with some other things in development now. But it will take time for the masses to be able to build up, but I've seen some noticeable changes from some that I've helped in the last month. Time is our enemy and change takes just that.

Good luck to you and hope you are around for while.